AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
DRC: justice seizes the National Assembly for an indictment against Jean-Marc Kabund
Jean-Marc Kabund

Jean-Marc Kabund
The Attorney General at the Court of Cassation sent this Friday, July 22, an indictment to the office of the National Assembly in order to obtain authorization to investigate a file against the national deputy Jean-Marc Kabund-a-Kabund. As this indictment indicates, the former President ai of the UDPS is accused of having made insulting remarks during his press briefing on July 18, likely to alarm the population and undermine the the honor due to public institutions and to the dignity of the Head of State.

Mass is said for Kabund, the way to the prison now open​

Mass is said for Kabund, the way to the prison now open

By Tmb on July 23, 2022

The path to the Kinshasa Penitentiary Rehabilitation Center (CPRK) is now open for national deputy Jean-Marc Kabund-a-Kabund. Mass has been said. All the ingredients are already met or almost, to drown the "lifeguard".
By rehashing the words of the interim President of the UDPS, precisely the straw that broke the camel's back, namely the transfer of thousands of funds to tax havens, the Fatshi camp, very upset, decided to shut the beak to Kabund, is more than ever determined to prepare a cell for him in the ex-prison of Makala for a stay in this prison establishment. Everything else is just a formality and a matter of time.
Golden pass for Bureau Mboso
Sources close to Parliament inform that the Mboso Bureau, particularly the Speaker and his first vice-president, André Mbata, would be in complete agreement to sink the “lifeguard”. Moreover, the occasion is propitious to accelerate its invalidation. Insofar as, during this period of parliamentary recess, the Bureau is authorized by law to take decisions alone, without plenary meetings.
The Court of Cassation on the scene
In addition to the Lower House of Parliament, the Court of Cassation is active on the same file. Jean-Marc Kabund was invited by the Attorney General at this court to give his version of the facts, given the seriousness of the facts and the severity of the penalties provided for by law. The invitation was launched on Saturday July 22, through an indictment for the purposes of investigation against Kabund addressed to Mboso and the members of his Office. For the Attorney General at the Court of Cassation, the comments made by Jean-Marc Kabund, during his media release on July 18, constitute five offences. Namely, public insults; damaging imputations; contempt of authorities; offenses against the Head of State and the spreading of false rumors.
A thorn in the side of Fatshi
Whatever happens to Jean-Marc Kabund, observers are convinced that he now enjoys international fame. As proof, he has just received in his private office, a delegation from the British Embassy in the DRC. Even if he ends his race between four walls, Kabund will always be like a thorn in the side of Felix Tshisekedi.
Generally well-informed sources claim that Jean-Marc Kabund will be able to receive a summons next week. Knowing the man, these observers believe he will not show up on his own. It will be a mandate. Then the use of force. Finally, the escalation of the situation.

:unsure:

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
You're overcooked mate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@obe wan posted a document that's been circulated to prominent shareholders, but I guess due to current sensitivity, deleted it before our hungry eyes could consume the detail. Without knowing for sure, I wonder if it's generated by Elphamale?

@FilthyRich2 (T20 holder with what I think are great connections) then let out a little bit of reassuring support. It appears there is a positive momentum building to get a certain Director off the BoD. You only need one guess as to who that is. I had a guess and @MoneyBags1348 basically confirmed my speculation was accurate.

Second theme of the night was that speculation is out in DRC that Felix is 'cleansing' his cabinet, public service and taxi drivers of anyone associated with the guy who this week came out and formed a new opposition party. Our dearest Minister of Mines appears to be in the firing line. Might explain an awful lot about the delays, attempted carving out of part of 13359, and CAMI resistance

Lots of spaces to watch..........
@Xerof you are a genuine legend

Thanks for cluing me in when I could make sense of nothing :cool:

1658626817249.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

j.l

Regular

@obe wan posted a document that's been circulated to prominent shareholders, but I guess due to current sensitivity, deleted it before our hungry eyes could consume the detail. Without knowing for sure, I wonder if it's generated by Elphamale?

@FilthyRich2 (T20 holder with what I think are great connections) then let out a little bit of reassuring support. It appears there is a positive momentum building to get a certain Director off the BoD. You only need one guess as to who that is. I had a guess and @MoneyBags1348 basically confirmed my speculation was accurate.

Second theme of the night was that speculation is out in DRC that Felix is 'cleansing' his cabinet, public service and taxi drivers of anyone associated with the guy who this week came out and formed a new opposition party. Our dearest Minister of Mines appears to be in the firing line. Might explain an awful lot about the delays, attempted carving out of part of 13359, and CAMI resistance

Great summary of this week's action. Thanks @Xerof ! It's easy to miss a lot if you step away for a minute (but then on the other hand nothing has really changed 😝)

Reactions: 10 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

Thanks heaps for the summary.

I had to get a job and returned to the real world of working for a living this week and straight into 5:30am starts and overtime everyday instead of sitting on the couch gambling on the ASX and making memes for the last 3 months coupled with a flu/chest infection I've had for 2 weeks now I'm basically a shell of a human being atm :ROFLMAO:.

I only managed to read through and catch up yesterday and same as Wino it didn't make much sense until you summarised it.

Will be good to see the back of the MofM, I bet she has that horrid dead shark eyed expression on her face right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20
Lucky it's a Dec 2023 election . If these fkers could stall us out for an early 2023 election and a possible change of Government it may not bode well for AVZ . The Chinese will be pumping shite loads of money into the next election hoping to oust Felix .At least we still have a 15 month buffer .

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 users

Samus

Top 20
Lucky it's a Dec 2023 election . If these fkers could stall us out for an early 2023 election and a possible change of Government it may not bode well for AVZ . The Chinese will be pumping shite loads of money into the next election hoping to oust Felix .At least we still have a 15 month buffer .
Let's hope we don't need it wombat ffs.

This older article seems to sum things up nicely.
Not sure if already posted but it's worth a refresher.

Conspiracy and Mistrust Poison Congolese Politics​

Access to the Democratic Republic of Congo's natural resources has been largely controlled by a privileged elite, fueling mistrust and violence between competing groups.
Democratic Republic of Congo's outgoing President Joseph Kabila and his successor Felix Tshisekedi stand during an inauguration ceremony where Tshisekedi will be sworn into office at the Palais de la Nation in Kinshasa, DRC on January 24, 2019.
Democratic Republic of Congo's outgoing President Joseph Kabila and his successor Felix Tshisekedi stand during an inauguration ceremony where Tshisekedi will be sworn into office at the Palais de la Nation in Kinshasa, DRC on January 24, 2019. Olivia Acland/Reuters
Blog Post by Michelle Gavin
March 10, 2022 5:03 pm (EST)

For people around the world, the past few years have painfully illuminated the toxic effect that mistrust, an inability to access reliable facts, and resulting conspiratorial thinking have on social cohesion and governance. For the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo, this is familiar territory. The tremendous potential of their vast country has, for decades, gone unrealized. Major powers are ever-more aware of Congo’s importance as they jockey for access to Congolese minerals vital to a clean energy transition and wake up to the global importance of Congo’s carbon sinks. But the will of the Congolese people—and their ability to determine the course of their country—remains stifled. The country continues to suffer from weak, sometimes predatory governance that both breeds and feeds off of a lack of trust and a dearth of verifiable information.
Unfortunately, many of the latest developments in the country appear to be moving in the wrong direction. The impression of hidden agendas persists, stoking beliefs that spoils are being distributed in the shadows. The sacking of Jean-Marc Kabund, who had been serving as the leader of President Felix Tshisekedi’s political party, and the arrest of Francois Beya, the president’s security advisor, have fueled rumors of dark plots and shifting allegiances; little has been done to clarify the circumstances surrounding their departures. The government’s apparent concern about former President Joseph Kabila and his family’s activities in South Africa prompted additional speculation, as have the sketchy details of Kinshasa’s apparent settlement with the controversial Dan Gertler, an Israeli businessman sanctioned by the United States for corrupt deals in the DRC. All of these eyebrow-raising developments have come to light without real transparency, making it easy to graft different narratives onto the fragments of information that are available. The opacity of Congolese business and politics reinforces the idea that authorities in the DRC are more interested in elite power games than the needs of their people.
Meanwhile, insecurity persists in the east, where civilians are targeted by armed groups despite the presence of UN peacekeepers. Neither the Ugandan military’s deployment into eastern DRC, intended to root out cross-border insurgents that target civilians, nor the Congolese government’s months-long declaration of a “state of siege”—similar to martial law—in the area have improved citizens’ confidence that authorities can keep them safe. Years of failed and often counterproductive efforts to bring a modicum of security to the people of the region have, understandably, fueled suspicions about who gains from the violence, and whether anyone truly has the interest of the Congolese population at heart.
This backdrop of mistrust and intrigue does not lend itself to confidence in the electoral exercise slated for 2023. That election should be better than the deeply flawed one that preceded it in 2018. The Congolese people have proven to be extraordinarily resilient and persistent in their pursuit of better governance. But democratic governance depends upon a degree of popular trust in institutions and in the integrity of the electoral process. Based on first months of 2022, it is difficult to imagine that these vital ingredients will be in ample supply in the Democratic Republic of Congo anytime soon.

www.cfr.org/blog/conspiracy-and-mistrust-poison-congolese-politics%3famp

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
I would have thought AVZ would be prioritized as Felix needs some wins. This has got to be the chinese influence and the snacks they are providing to get rid of Felix but he will prevail. The DRC people need him, all the other will just sell out their country. I believe Felix will go down in history as a great visionary and leader of the DRC
*Never a Dull Day in the DRC, No wonder Chinese not happy Chappy atm, as the :poop: hits the Tenke Fungurume Fan, to remind / add, as

CMOC’s Congo mine suspends copper and cobalt exports

CMOC’s Tenke Fungurume copper and cobalt mine has suspended all exports, logistics companies were told in a notice seen by Reuters late on Saturday, complying with demands by a court-appointed administrator.

A CMOC spokesman did not immediately reply to a request for comment, but had said on Friday that the mine, which accounted for more than 10% of worldwide cobalt output in 2021, had not issued any instructions to stop exports.

CMOC has been locked in dispute with the administrator appointed in February to run the mine for six months in response to a lawsuit by Congo state miner Gecamines, a minority stakeholder in Tenke Fungurume. :eek:

The administrator, Sage Ngoie Mbayo, this month demanded that CMOC suspend marketing and export of its production because CMOC and Gecamines had not reached agreement this year on how to sell the mine’s output.

CMOC, meanwhile, has denied the administrator access to the mine site.

In the notice to companies that transport the mine’s output, a CMOC unit announced immediate suspension of access to the mine for all copper and cobalt trucks until July 24, adding that companies would be informed if exports could resume on July 25. :unsure:

Three industry sources confirmed the suspension, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The administrator’s appointment stemmed from allegations by Gecamines that CMOC understated the mine’s reserves to reduce royalties it pays to Gecamines. CMOC denies the allegations.

Congo’s government announced last August that it had formed a commission to reassess reserve levels, a rare instance of Congolese authorities challenging the Chinese companies that dominate its mining sector. (y)

Congo is the world’s top producer of cobalt, which is used in electric batteries and is Africa’s leading copper miner.

#doublefacepalm.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Access to the Democratic Republic of Congo's natural resources has been largely controlled by a privileged elite, fueling mistrust and violence between competing groups.
Democratic Republic of Congo's outgoing President Joseph Kabila and his successor Felix Tshisekedi stand during an inauguration ceremony where Tshisekedi will be sworn into office at the Palais de la Nation in Kinshasa, DRC on January 24, 2019.'s outgoing President Joseph Kabila and his successor Felix Tshisekedi stand during an inauguration ceremony where Tshisekedi will be sworn into office at the Palais de la Nation in Kinshasa, DRC on January 24, 2019.
Democratic Republic of Congo's outgoing President Joseph Kabila and his successor Felix Tshisekedi stand during an inauguration ceremony where Tshisekedi will be sworn into office at the Palais de la Nation in Kinshasa, DRC on January 24, 2019. Olivia Acland/Reuters

For people around the world, the past few years have painfully illuminated the toxic effect that mistrust, an inability to access reliable facts, and resulting conspiratorial thinking have on social cohesion and governance. For the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo, this is familiar territory. The tremendous potential of their vast country has, for decades, gone unrealized. Major powers are ever-more aware of Congo’s importance as they jockey for access to Congolese minerals vital to a clean energy transition and wake up to the global importance of Congo’s carbon sinks. But the will of the Congolese people—and their ability to determine the course of their country—remains stifled. The country continues to suffer from weak, sometimes predatory governance that both breeds and feeds off of a lack of trust and a dearth of verifiable information.
Unfortunately, many of the latest developments in the country appear to be moving in the wrong direction. The impression of hidden agendas persists, stoking beliefs that spoils are being distributed in the shadows. The sacking of Jean-Marc Kabund, who had been serving as the leader of President Felix Tshisekedi’s political party, and the arrest of Francois Beya, the president’s security advisor, have fueled rumors of dark plots and shifting allegiances; little has been done to clarify the circumstances surrounding their departures. The government’s apparent concern about former President Joseph Kabila and his family’s activities in South Africa prompted additional speculation, as have the sketchy details of Kinshasa’s apparent settlement with the controversial Dan Gertler, an Israeli businessman sanctioned by the United States for corrupt deals in the DRC. All of these eyebrow-raising developments have come to light without real transparency, making it easy to graft different narratives onto the fragments of information that are available. The opacity of Congolese business and politics reinforces the idea that authorities in the DRC are more interested in elite power games than the needs of their people.
Meanwhile, insecurity persists in the east, where civilians are targeted by armed groups despite the presence of UN peacekeepers. Neither the Ugandan military’s deployment into eastern DRC, intended to root out cross-border insurgents that target civilians, nor the Congolese government’s months-long declaration of a “state of siege”—similar to martial law—in the area have improved citizens’ confidence that authorities can keep them safe. Years of failed and often counterproductive efforts to bring a modicum of security to the people of the region have, understandably, fueled suspicions about who gains from the violence, and whether anyone truly has the interest of the Congolese population at heart.
This backdrop of mistrust and intrigue does not lend itself to confidence in the electoral exercise slated for 2023. That election should be better than the deeply flawed one that preceded it in 2018. The Congolese people have proven to be extraordinarily resilient and persistent in their pursuit of better governance. But democratic governance depends upon a degree of popular trust in institutions and in the integrity of the electoral process. Based on first months of 2022, it is difficult to imagine that these vital ingredients will be in ample supply in the Democratic Republic of Congo anytime soon.

Great articles Sammael (and Frank) that shine a little light on what Felix is dealing with, although the news this last week alone about what is going on in the east is truly tragic if not catastrophic, and those of us here, invested in AVZ, should consider ourselves blessed by comparison no matter what happens. If you magnify that picture in your post of Felix’s government there are a lot of sus looking people peeping over and behind shoulders and I’m glad none of them had bought along stake knives because it might have been a recurrence of what happened to Julius Caesar. Anyway I personally think that things are looking up for Felix (and us), I can tell by the difference in the suits he’s wearing these days

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Samus

Top 20
Great articles Sammael (and Frank) that shine a little light on what Felix is dealing with, although the news this last week alone about what is going on in the east is truly tragic if not catastrophic, and those of us here, invested in AVZ, should consider ourselves blessed by comparison no matter what happens. If you magnify that picture in your post of Felix’s government there are a lot of sus looking people peeping over and behind shoulders and I’m glad none of them had bought along stake knives because it might have been a recurrence of what happened to Julius Caesar. Anyway I personally think that things are looking up for Felix (and us), I can tell by the difference in the suits he’s wearing these days
To be honest as frustrating as this whole situation is and while the political environment remains hostile. It's worth remembering that we are still in a relatively better situation than what might have been the case for example if we had a continuation of the Kabila regime where the inability to play dirty would likely have us even more stifled.
All we can do is to continue to have faith in Felix and institutions like the IGF as well as the (sincere) NGO's.

Also although we've got media articles popping up from everywhere regarding the political situation in the country, the above article illustrates that just as with the misinformation campaign and trumped up scandal against AVZ it isn't worth taking everything straight away at face value. Treacherous minister of mines, possible also the PM, will remain on the fence with those rumors for now.

Why we have to worry about any of this shit as a part of our investment is probably a fair bit more than a lot of us bargained for but it is what it is.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
To be honest as frustrating as this whole situation is and while the political environment remains hostile. It's worth remembering that we are still in a relatively better situation than what might have been the case for example if we had a continuation of the Kabila regime where the inability to play dirty would likely have us even more stifled.
All we can do is to continue to have faith in Felix and institutions like the IGF as well as the (sincere) NGO's.

Also although we've got media articles popping up from everywhere regarding the political situation in the country, the above article illustrates that just as with the misinformation campaign and trumped up scandal against AVZ it isn't worth taking everything straight away at face value. Treacherous minister of mines, possible also the PM, will remain on the fence with those rumors for now.

Why we have to worry about any of this shit as a part of our investment is probably a fair bit more than a lot of us bargained for but it is what it is.
Amen brother
1658642537033.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

cruiser51

Top 20

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

I absolutely agree with you

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

forestgump

Emerged

Democratic Republic of Congo's outgoing President Joseph Kabila and his successor Felix Tshisekedi stand during an inauguration ceremony where Tshisekedi will be sworn into office at the Palais de la Nation in Kinshasa, DRC on January 24, 2019.'s outgoing President Joseph Kabila and his successor Felix Tshisekedi stand during an inauguration ceremony where Tshisekedi will be sworn into office at the Palais de la Nation in Kinshasa, DRC on January 24, 2019.

FT is wearing a bullet proof vest!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20
*Fyi, fwiw, as

President Tshisekedi's Sacred Union in too early a campaign!

Alliances are being made and broken (behind the scenes) sixteen months before the 2023 presidential election. Some of these alliances are already in battle order to win over a larger electorate while others wait to finalize the common project of the anti-Tshisekedi front.

Indeed, the coalition that will form around President Tshisekedi seems to be more or at least in advance.

After the arrival of Modeste Bahati Lukwebo in Kivu where he beat the recall of the troops, Jean-Pierre Bemba flew to the West of the country where he preaches the re-election of the Head of State in the presidential election of 2023.

The honorary vice-president of the Republic attracts many crowds at each of his descents.

Cities like Gbadolite, Gemena, Lisala and so on are conquered by this tour of the chairman Jean-Pierre Bemba Gombo in the former historic province of Equateur where he is in pre-campaign.

Loyal to Tshisekedi since he officially agreed to join the Sacred Union, the leader of the MLC would be willing to line up behind the Head of State for a second term.

Despite some cracks that are being created within the Sacred Union of the Nation, the coalition of the Head of State is playing its card by clearly displaying its colors for the electoral deadlines that are on the horizon.

In all the cities visited, Jean-Pierre Bemba is more popular than before.

His political anchorage is very important there and would be beneficial to President Tshisekedi's coalition.

Just by observing these details, we agree that all the batteries are in motion to offer a second term to President Félix Tshisekedi in the presidential election of 2023 or (2024 in the event of a slip).

ECCAS: defense and security at the heart of the 21st ordinary session which opens this Monday in Kinshasa

Insecurity in eastern DRC, tensions between the DRC and Rwanda as well as the humanitarian situation are among the topics that will be discussed this Monday, July 25 in Kinshasa, during the 21st ordinary session of the Conference of Heads of State and Government of the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS).

This is what the Deputy Spokesperson for the President of the Republic, Tina Salama, said in an exclusive interview with Radio Okapi on Saturday July 23.

She also indicated that according to the program, this Sunday already, several delegations will arrive in Kinshasa.

“A major part will be given to security issues, in particular defense and security in view of current events.

For this XXI ordinary session, the rising tensions between Rwanda and the DRC will be at the center of the debates and discussions”, reported Tina Salama.

Other subjects, in particular the soaring prices of basic necessities, the harmful effects of the Russo-Ukrainian crisis, the food crisis, will also be discussed, adds Tina Salama.

Upon a large formal assembly by the current President of the Economic Community of Central African States, President Félix-Antoine Tshisékédi, Kinshasa is hosting, on July 25, 2022, the XXI Ordinary Session of the Conference of Heads of State and Government of the ECCAS.

As a prelude to this event, three major meetings brought together experts from the Central African Peace and Security Council (COPAX), Chiefs of General Staff, Commanders-in-Chief, Directors General of Police/Gendarmerie, senior officials from the COPAX ministries, senior executives from the security sector and the ministers of the Specialized Technical Committee for Defence, Safety and Security and the Council for Peace and Security in Central Africa, in order to rule on major security issues and formulate proposals to Heads of State and Government.

From the examination of all these items on the agenda, it appears that the overall political and security situation in Central Africa, during the period between January and July 2022, remained stable, indicates ECCAS.

Nevertheless, the region continues to face several security challenges, including terrorism and violent extremism, the activism of armed groups and secessionist movements, inter-communal conflicts, the negative impact of the Russian-Ukrainian war as well as the negative impact of the health crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Makutano – If we don't, who will.png

Reactions: 11 users

obe wan

Regular

relax , shake the frustration out ; for me the run in to the ML was always going to be an absolute mine field ; imo we have passed the valley of death 💀

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

tonster66

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

tonster66

Regular
https://twitter.com/PrimatureRDC

"Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde has received the assurance of the Chinese Government's support for the economic and social development of the DRC " ....... and brown paper bags ???

What are the conditions ? Let me guess : Make AVZ disappear.
More like, give us AVZ! and we will do what we have promised you for years

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
More like, give us AVZ! and we will do what we have promised you for years
How does the DRC gov give AVZ to the Chinese ?? Please explain.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

tonster66

Regular
How does the DRC gov give AVZ to the Chinese ?? Please explain.
I was just responding to the post "make AVZ disappear". In the chinese thinking they would be thinking "just give it to us because we have been a great benefit to the DRC". The chinese have screwed this country and it is time for it to stop. I do not believe that the chinese will get it. But it is interesting to see Felix's mindset wearing the bullet proof vest (great pick up by forestgump). Things are changing with the railway contract given to the Portuguese and the Singaporeans as the chinese have not provide through the belt and roads project. This week will be interesting if Geo's thoughts come into being.
I am 100% behind AVZ, I am a LTH and have enjoyed your commentary through the years. I have 2 hats lol.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom