AVZ Discussion 2022

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Minister of Mines on her bike too, maybe.

Felix sweeping out dissenters, their relatives, and the disloyal

Eeeeek, or perhaps it will work in our favour?

We don’t need a fucking coup.

Go Felix

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Rediah

Regular
Can you guys please tell us whats going on????
When not, can you just say it is something good or bad for us?
It is for the betterment for all the share holders.
Just getting rid of some oxygen thieves and good for nothing personnel(y)(y)
Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

wombat74

Top 20
Traitors among the ranks .Off with their fking heads.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Clearly it’s a bit sensitive but having missed Obe post, what’s the general tone? A request to oust Hujlich I’m guessing. Don’t need to know anything more
Nail, on the head you have hit (as Frank would say), and while on Frank, a very interesting post that implies Antoinette Nsamba (the DRC Minister of Mines) has been undermining Felix for some time, and now that Felix is taking out the trash, the ML might get signed. Personally though, I’m happy to wait for our ownership to be confirmed before coming out of suspension

Attachments

• 4B5CC15B-A5B8-4D4C-85E3-26CF2EEAB252.jpeg
    4B5CC15B-A5B8-4D4C-85E3-26CF2EEAB252.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Nail, on the head you have hit (as Frank would say), and while on Frank, a very interesting post that implies Antoinette Nsamba (the DRC Minister of Mines) has been undermining Felix for some time, and now that Felix is taking out the trash, the ML might get signed. Personally though, I’m happy to wait for our ownership to be confirmed before coming out of suspension
Thanks for that. Yes, noted MofM possibilities in earlier post (y)

bloke383

Regular
If there was anybody in our company actively working to undermine us , or simply not doing what is best for our company , it would definitely be interesting who in the top 20 would support the removal of said person , or retain them . It would give us a clear indication of where the top 20 alliances are .

Reactions: 6 users

Rediah

Regular
Is this garbage disposal completed or in progress and close to finish?
I am not in a position to say as i myself not 100% sure about it and I dont want to speculate and give my guess work , other senior members may shed more light on it but all i know is that the process is being initiated and I came to know about it from sources outside this forum and HC.

Reactions: 8 users

Soapy

Regular
I am not in a position to say as i myself not 100% sure about it and I dont want to speculate and give my guess work , other senior members may shed more light on it but all i know is that the process is being initiated and I came to know about it from sources outside this forum and HC.
Interesting, the plot thickens!!

Reactions: 2 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
With Antoinette getting the arse one concern is that finalising the ML could take a bit longer if there's nobody running the show. If there's a lot of culling going on among the minsters and bureaucrats then that's not necessarily conducive to getting stuff done in a country where things move at a snail's pace already (unless snacks are provided)

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Interesting, the plot thickens!!
Fark me! How could it possibly get any thicker?

• Haha

Frank

Top 20
Any news from Weekly Council of ministers meeting. I have been trying to find it myself but gave up. Cheers

*Sorry Daz, but in other News, I see where,

Washington sets course for Africa

The "Africa-United States" business summit opened on Wednesday, July 20, in Marrakech, Morocco.

It lasts until Friday and brings together, in addition to an American government delegation, political leaders and representatives of the African business community as well as decision-makers and investors from the American private sector.

On the menu: the economy and business with, in the background, the key issues of the fight against climate change and energy transition, but also food security, health, agriculture, infrastructure, new technologies or the digital divide.

Upon coming to power in January 2021, the American president made it a diplomatic priority to counter the growing influence in Africa of Russia and especially China.

However, the latter has greatly advanced its pawns in recent years on the African continent, via enormous investments in infrastructure and mining resources in particular.

Washington intends to play on the same ground and wants to mobilize “billions of dollars” of investments in favor of the African continent, in partnership with the private sector.

“The United States seeks to catalyze billions of dollars in trade and investment relationships to create jobs and build inclusive and sustainable economic growth across the African continent,” said Alice Albright, CEO of the development agency.

American Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). “We must leverage the full range of US government instruments, harness the power of the US private sector, and strengthen our partnerships with business leaders and investors across the African Diaspora,” she continued.

If under the presidency of Donald Trump, Africa was no longer at the top of the American agenda, the situation is changing and the figures for African demographic growth also have a lot to do with it.

By 2050, a quarter of the world's population will be African and Nigeria will overtake the United States as the third most populous country in the world.

Not to mention the fact that the African continent is already one of the fastest growing consumer markets in the world with 1.4 billion young people and a growing middle class.

Abundance of opportunities

These facts convinced the Corporate Council on Africa (CCA), a private organization, to organize this annual business meeting for the first time on the African continent and in North Africa.

“It is time for Africa to play its central and natural role on the international scene”, launched the head of Moroccan diplomacy Nasser Bourita by opening the debates.

The choice of Morocco is far from trivial for the United States, the Cherifian kingdom – the fifth largest economy in Africa – is a flagship destination for investments on the African continent.

“This is an opportune time for American investments in Africa, on a large scale,” added Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank.

According to him, “tomorrow cannot wait. Africa's time is now. Africa's future is bright.

We are open for business and welcome you with open arms.”

Among the big projects that could change the game and attract investors, the head of the pan-African bank cited the oil refinery and fertilizer production complex of the Dangote group present in Nigeria estimated at 20 billion dollars, as well as those of the South African group MTN, which currently operates in 19 markets.

Adesina also pointed out that despite turbulence, such as the Covid-19 pandemic which has had strong impacts on economies, the number of private equity operations in Africa has increased from 230 in 2019 to 255 in 2020, proof that opportunities still abound in Africa.

“Our Administration's goal,” said Vice President Kamala Harris, “is to promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth and development across the continent, increase capital flows, and foster a spirit of dynamic of entrepreneurship and innovation that prevails throughout Africa”.

The United States far outpaced by China in Africa on the economic field

Concretely, bilateral trade between the United States and all African countries has shrunk to a trickle since 2009, when Beijing won the rank of the continent's leading trading partner from Washington, falling from a peak of 142 billion in 2008 to just $64 billion in 2021, according to figures cited by the American think tank Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

As for American FDI in Africa in 2020, it amounted to 47.5 billion dollars, or 5.2% of global investments by the United States.

And beyond the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act, known as AGOA – created in 2000, to give a list of eligible countries duty-free access to US markets for thousands of products, it is a collection of initiatives that underpin economic exchanges between the United States and Africa.

Two years ago, the Trump administration launched the private sector-focused Prosper Africa, with the goal of increasing trade and investment on the continent.

Result: 800 trade and investment agreements have been signed in 45 African countries, for an estimated value of 50 billion dollars.

As for the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the government agency, it has invested some 9 billion USD (8.85 billion euros) in 25 African countries since 2004.

Recently, President Biden, with the support of the G7, has agreed to launch a new initiative, this time focusing on infrastructure projects in developing countries.

For Akinwumi Adesina, the urgency would also be for American companies to invest in the so-called African Development Bank's $ 1.5 billion Emergency Food Production Facility initiative, designed to mitigate the impact of the current global food crisis, which has worsened with Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

This facility, the first of its kind, aims to help countries acquire and distribute fertilizers and agricultural seeds, provide emergency support for the next planting seasons, increase their food production by 30% and produce the equivalent $12 billion worth of food.

Focus on the future

After the excesses and manifest contempt of Donald Trump, the Biden administration wants to make up for lost time, and is heading towards the future. It is counting, in particular, on the future African Continental Free Trade Area (Zlecaf).

Indeed, the Zlecaf could, according to Washington, be a game-changer for African economic integration and trade, but also stimulate investment, potentially from American companies interested in value-added products manufactured on the continent in key sectors. .

This highlighting of African opportunities is not new, but it is meant to kick off a new start in relations between Washington and African countries.

The White House took the opportunity of this meeting to announce that President Joe Biden would welcome African leaders from December 13 to 15 for a summit supposed to "underline the importance of relations between the United States and the Africa”.

This summit must "further promote a new economic engagement", "reinforce the commitment of the United States and Africa to democracy and human rights", make it possible to work on cooperation in the face of pandemics, on security food, on the climate crisis and on peace.

No event of this scale has taken place since the first Africa-US summit in 2014, organized under Obama.

www.mediacongo.net

Felix+Joe.jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono Bro (y)

Cheers 🍻

Frank :cool:

• Love

Dazmac66

Regular
*Sorry Daz, but in other News, I see where,

Washington sets course for Africa

The "Africa-United States" business summit opened on Wednesday, July 20, in Marrakech, Morocco.

It lasts until Friday and brings together, in addition to an American government delegation, political leaders and representatives of the African business community as well as decision-makers and investors from the American private sector.

On the menu: the economy and business with, in the background, the key issues of the fight against climate change and energy transition, but also food security, health, agriculture, infrastructure, new technologies or the digital divide.

Upon coming to power in January 2021, the American president made it a diplomatic priority to counter the growing influence in Africa of Russia and especially China.

However, the latter has greatly advanced its pawns in recent years on the African continent, via enormous investments in infrastructure and mining resources in particular.

Washington intends to play on the same ground and wants to mobilize “billions of dollars” of investments in favor of the African continent, in partnership with the private sector.

“The United States seeks to catalyze billions of dollars in trade and investment relationships to create jobs and build inclusive and sustainable economic growth across the African continent,” said Alice Albright, CEO of the development agency.

American Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). “We must leverage the full range of US government instruments, harness the power of the US private sector, and strengthen our partnerships with business leaders and investors across the African Diaspora,” she continued.

If under the presidency of Donald Trump, Africa was no longer at the top of the American agenda, the situation is changing and the figures for African demographic growth also have a lot to do with it.

By 2050, a quarter of the world's population will be African and Nigeria will overtake the United States as the third most populous country in the world.

Not to mention the fact that the African continent is already one of the fastest growing consumer markets in the world with 1.4 billion young people and a growing middle class.

Abundance of opportunities

These facts convinced the Corporate Council on Africa (CCA), a private organization, to organize this annual business meeting for the first time on the African continent and in North Africa.

“It is time for Africa to play its central and natural role on the international scene”, launched the head of Moroccan diplomacy Nasser Bourita by opening the debates.

The choice of Morocco is far from trivial for the United States, the Cherifian kingdom – the fifth largest economy in Africa – is a flagship destination for investments on the African continent.

“This is an opportune time for American investments in Africa, on a large scale,” added Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank.

According to him, “tomorrow cannot wait. Africa's time is now. Africa's future is bright.

We are open for business and welcome you with open arms.”

Among the big projects that could change the game and attract investors, the head of the pan-African bank cited the oil refinery and fertilizer production complex of the Dangote group present in Nigeria estimated at 20 billion dollars, as well as those of the South African group MTN, which currently operates in 19 markets.

Adesina also pointed out that despite turbulence, such as the Covid-19 pandemic which has had strong impacts on economies, the number of private equity operations in Africa has increased from 230 in 2019 to 255 in 2020, proof that opportunities still abound in Africa.

“Our Administration's goal,” said Vice President Kamala Harris, “is to promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth and development across the continent, increase capital flows, and foster a spirit of dynamic of entrepreneurship and innovation that prevails throughout Africa”.

The United States far outpaced by China in Africa on the economic field

Concretely, bilateral trade between the United States and all African countries has shrunk to a trickle since 2009, when Beijing won the rank of the continent's leading trading partner from Washington, falling from a peak of 142 billion in 2008 to just $64 billion in 2021, according to figures cited by the American think tank Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

As for American FDI in Africa in 2020, it amounted to 47.5 billion dollars, or 5.2% of global investments by the United States.

And beyond the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act, known as AGOA – created in 2000, to give a list of eligible countries duty-free access to US markets for thousands of products, it is a collection of initiatives that underpin economic exchanges between the United States and Africa.

Two years ago, the Trump administration launched the private sector-focused Prosper Africa, with the goal of increasing trade and investment on the continent.

Result: 800 trade and investment agreements have been signed in 45 African countries, for an estimated value of 50 billion dollars.

As for the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the government agency, it has invested some 9 billion USD (8.85 billion euros) in 25 African countries since 2004.

Recently, President Biden, with the support of the G7, has agreed to launch a new initiative, this time focusing on infrastructure projects in developing countries.

For Akinwumi Adesina, the urgency would also be for American companies to invest in the so-called African Development Bank's $ 1.5 billion Emergency Food Production Facility initiative, designed to mitigate the impact of the current global food crisis, which has worsened with Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

This facility, the first of its kind, aims to help countries acquire and distribute fertilizers and agricultural seeds, provide emergency support for the next planting seasons, increase their food production by 30% and produce the equivalent $12 billion worth of food.

Focus on the future

After the excesses and manifest contempt of Donald Trump, the Biden administration wants to make up for lost time, and is heading towards the future. It is counting, in particular, on the future African Continental Free Trade Area (Zlecaf).

Indeed, the Zlecaf could, according to Washington, be a game-changer for African economic integration and trade, but also stimulate investment, potentially from American companies interested in value-added products manufactured on the continent in key sectors. .

This highlighting of African opportunities is not new, but it is meant to kick off a new start in relations between Washington and African countries.

The White House took the opportunity of this meeting to announce that President Joe Biden would welcome African leaders from December 13 to 15 for a summit supposed to "underline the importance of relations between the United States and the Africa”.

This summit must "further promote a new economic engagement", "reinforce the commitment of the United States and Africa to democracy and human rights", make it possible to work on cooperation in the face of pandemics, on security food, on the climate crisis and on peace.

No event of this scale has taken place since the first Africa-US summit in 2014, organized under Obama.

www.mediacongo.net

View attachment 12316

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono Bro (y)

Cheers 🍻

Frank :cool:
The Yanks are so far behind China it is hard to comprehend. There will be some serious cash splashing trying to play catch-up.

Reactions: 18 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Sorry been off rehearsing and playin' a gig tonight

There seemed to be a big bunch of blowins come onto the thread throwing out a bunch a shit that I have no idea about and looked like a possible shite-fest

Is that what it was or is there something going down I've missed?

Or am I just a bit cooked from the rock 'n roll lifestyle and the days and nights events...

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Sorry been off rehearsing and playin' a gig tonight

There seemed to be a big bunch of blowins come onto the thread throwing out a bunch a shit that I have no idea about and looked like a possible shite-fest

Is that what it was or is there something going down I've missed?

Or am I just a bit cooked from the rock 'n roll lifestyle and the days and nights events...
You're overcooked mate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@obe wan posted a document that's been circulated to prominent shareholders, but I guess due to current sensitivity, deleted it before our hungry eyes could consume the detail. Without knowing for sure, I wonder if it's generated by Elphamale?

@FilthyRich2 (T20 holder with what I think are great connections) then let out a little bit of reassuring support. It appears there is a positive momentum building to get a certain Director off the BoD. You only need one guess as to who that is. I had a guess and @MoneyBags1348 basically confirmed my speculation was accurate.

Second theme of the night was that speculation is out in DRC that Felix is 'cleansing' his cabinet, public service and taxi drivers of anyone associated with the guy who this week came out and formed a new opposition party. Our dearest Minister of Mines appears to be in the firing line. Might explain an awful lot about the delays, attempted carving out of part of 13359, and CAMI resistance

Lots of spaces to watch..........

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Frank

Top 20
The Head of State returned to Kinshasa after a brief private stay abroad

1658618211254.png

The President of the Republic, Félix Tshisekedi, returned to Kinshasa this Saturday, July 23, after a brief private stay abroad, where he had gone to meet his doctor, according to the government spokesman, Patrick Muyaya.

Félix Tshisekedi returns to the DRC in a very tense political context.

His former ally and close friend, Jean-Marc Kabund, notably accused him of mismanaging the country.

Bana Kin Calls Kabund's Comments 'False Allegations', Releases Statement Next Monday

1658618556942.png

The reactions continue to multiply after the media release last Monday of the former vice-first president of the National Assembly, Jean-Marc Kabund.

In a statement made public this Saturday, July 23, the Asbl "Bana Kin" headed by the Deputy Minister of Mines, Godard Motemona, does not digest the words of this former cacique of power and promises him a muscular response.

For this structure, the former number one of the presidential party made remarks that discredit the head of state, which she considers "false allegations" and announces a press conference on Monday, July 25 at 10 a.m. in the room Conforta in the commune of Kasa-Vubu to fix public opinion.

The UDPS prepares a meeting to reaffirm its loyalty to President Tshisekedi

1658618796753.png

The Presidency of the Union for Democracy and Social Progress (UDPS / Tshisekedi) invites the leaders of its basic structures and bodies to enhance their presence this Sunday, July 24 at 2 p.m., at the party headquarters located at the 10th rue Limete (Kinshasa) for a political interview.

According to this statement signed by Secretary General Augustin Kabuya, it is mainly the following leaders:

1.CDP
2. PARTY PRESIDENCY
3. CEP
4. WOMEN'S LEAGUE
5. YOUTH LEAGUE
6. THE FEDERATIONS
7. SECTIONARIES
8. CELLULAR

The same source reports that the items on the agenda for this meeting are as follows:

1. The reaffirmation of loyalty vis-à-vis the Head of State;
2. Update on the Kisantu workshop held from July 08 to 10, 2022;
3. Preparations for the 2023 elections.

Recall that this meeting comes a few hours after the media release of the general secretariat which responded to the remarks made last Monday by the former interim president of the party Jean-Marc Kabund.

The latter accuses President Félix Tshisekedi of incompetence at the head of the Democratic Republic of Congo and announced the creation of his political party Alliance for Change which will militate in the opposition against the power in place.

www.mediacongo.net

Last edited:
  • Sad

CHB

Regular
We can never win can we?

Elections not far away and the vultures are circling even before then. AVZ will be last of his priorities right now.

Let's hope things have been and continue to move in the background.

• Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
The Head of State returned to Kinshasa after a brief private stay abroad

View attachment 12328

The President of the Republic, Félix Tshisekedi, returned to Kinshasa this Saturday, July 23, after a brief private stay abroad, where he had gone to meet his doctor, according to the government spokesman, Patrick Muyaya.

Félix Tshisekedi returns to the DRC in a very tense political context.

His former ally and close friend, Jean-Marc Kabund, notably accused him of mismanaging the country.

Bana Kin Calls Kabund's Comments 'False Allegations', Releases Statement Next Monday

View attachment 12329

The reactions continue to multiply after the media release last Monday of the former vice-first president of the National Assembly, Jean-Marc Kabund.

In a statement made public this Saturday, July 23, the Asbl "Bana Kin" headed by the Deputy Minister of Mines, Godard Motemona, does not digest the words of this former cacique of power and promises him a muscular response.

For this structure, the former number one of the presidential party made remarks that discredit the head of state, which she considers "false allegations" and announces a press conference on Monday, July 25 at 10 a.m. in the room Conforta in the commune of Kasa-Vubu to fix public opinion.

The UDPS prepares a meeting to reaffirm its loyalty to President Tshisekedi

View attachment 12330

The Presidency of the Union for Democracy and Social Progress (UDPS / Tshisekedi) invites the leaders of its basic structures and bodies to enhance their presence this Sunday, July 24 at 2 p.m., at the party headquarters located at the 10th rue Limete (Kinshasa) for a political interview.

According to this statement signed by Secretary General Augustin Kabuya, it is mainly the following leaders:

1.CDP
2. PARTY PRESIDENCY
3. CEP
4. WOMEN'S LEAGUE
5. YOUTH LEAGUE
6. THE FEDERATIONS
7. SECTIONARIES
8. CELLULAR

The same source reports that the items on the agenda for this meeting are as follows:

1. The reaffirmation of loyalty vis-à-vis the Head of State;
2. Update on the Kisantu workshop held from July 08 to 10, 2022;
3. Preparations for the 2023 elections.

Recall that this meeting comes a few hours after the media release of the general secretariat which responded to the remarks made last Monday by the former interim president of the party Jean-Marc Kabund.

The latter accuses President Félix Tshisekedi of incompetence at the head of the Democratic Republic of Congo and announced the creation of his political party Alliance for Change which will militate in the opposition against the power in place.

www.mediacongo.net
Chances of a suspension extension ? 99%

• Thinking

tonster66

Regular
We can never win can we?

Elections not far away and the vultures are circling even before then. AVZ will be last of his priorities right now.

Let's hope things have been and continue to move in the background.
I would have thought AVZ would be prioritized as Felix needs some wins. This has got to be the chinese influence and the snacks they are providing to get rid of Felix but he will prevail. The DRC people need him, all the other will just sell out their country. I believe Felix will go down in history as a great visionary and leader of the DRC

Bin59

Regular
Sounds like the locals want a resolution to the hold ups as well - a local Lubumbashi financier/entrepreneur commented:

1658622140312.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

CHB

Regular
I would have thought AVZ would be prioritized as Felix needs some wins. This has got to be the chinese influence and the snacks they are providing to get rid of Felix but he will prevail. The DRC people need him, all the other will just sell out their country. I believe Felix will go down in history as a great visionary and leader of the DRC

I would have thought that as well, however no prioritizing to date. With more and more on his plate i don't suddenly see it changing.

Definitely chinese influence and agree that DRC needs him. Whether the people see it that way would be another story but from an outside pov its clear.

Top Bottom