AVZ Discussion 2022

Bin59

Regular
Any news from Weekly Council of ministers meeting. I have been trying to find it myself but gave up. Cheers
Hey Daz, just check at this site - they should come out tomorrow sometime.

Reactions: 8 users

Frank

Top 20
Articles from Reuters this morning showing new links between Ford, CATL and Huayou. Once ownership, Surface Rights and ML is sorted out there isn’t really any reason this wouldn’t go straight to $2.00 in the near term (that’s my opinion and I am genuinely more of a cynic than an optimist or ramper). https://www.reuters.com/business/au...per-catl-ev-batteries-catch-tesla-2022-07-21/. https://www.reuters.com/markets/com...-agreement-with-ford-nickel-plant-2022-07-21/
*To add, Speaking of Ford & CATL,

Ford’s flurry of supply deals gives iron a starring role in EVs

Ford Motor Co.’s new laundry list of battery-metals suppliers reads like a who’s who of the mining world, spanning the globe from Argentine lithium to Indonesian nickel.
blank.gif

The agreements, including announcements with mega miners BHP Group and Rio Tinto Group, are the latest sign of how big automakers are rushing to secure raw material supply and sidestep shortages.

Yet the most consequential deal of all may be one putting iron at the center of Ford’s electric-vehicle plans.

Surging prices for battery materials have hammered profitability for carmakers this year and prompted warnings that raw material shortages could put the brakes on the electric-vehicle revolution.

Western automakers mostly use nickel-cobalt-manganese, or NCM, batteries. In addition to soaring metal costs, cobalt comes with its unique set of worries because the vast majority of reserves are in a single country: the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The other main type of battery, lithium-iron-phosphate or LFP, is cheaper and more stable, but generally seen as less powerful than NCMs.

However, technology has been improving — championed by Chinese battery powerhouse Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd., or CATL — and Tesla Inc. announced last year it would shift to LFPs for standard-range cars as part of efforts to reduce costs.

Responding to the looming supply crisis, Ford announced on Thursday that it’s been traversing the globe signing long-term supply agreements with the world’s largest miners, refiners and battery-makers.

But it also struck a deal to buy a huge volume of CATL’s iron-based battery packs for use in its Mustang Mach-E and the F-150 Lightning, easing its current-reliance on nickel-based cells while putting LFP chemistry into two of its most powerful models.

To be sure, the company will still be heavily exposed to any further volatility in prices for lithium, which have surged much more than the other metals. But iron is far more abundant and affordable than nickel and cobalt, which will reduce costs and limit supply risks.

If successful, Ford’s gambit could further entrench iron’s burgeoning role in the electric-vehicle revolution.

“They’re effectively taking the donkey of the battery world and putting it into the Mustang,” said Tom Price, head of commodities strategy at Liberum Capital.

“LFP is undeniably the cheap option when it comes to batteries, but if they can turn it into a slick and powerful outperformer, then it will be a significant development for the EV world,” he said.

On the raw-materials side, Ford announced a lengthy list of agreements on both nickel and lithium, although most of them are nonbinding and involve plans to “explore opportunities.”

It did announce a binding offtake agreement for lithium carbonate from a project in Nevada, among several announcements related to local processing of battery materials in North America.

Read: Lithium Refining Is a ‘License to Print Money,’ Musk Says

“Automotive companies broadly will need to be quick to make these deals, because down the road when this transition begins to take route it will be difficult to source these metals that are critical,” Bart Melek, the head commodity strategist at Toronto Dominion Bank, said in a phone interview.

“If you don’t have these deals it becomes questionable whether you will be able to deliver what you promised in terms of new EV capacity.”

If the move to LFPs seems risky given potential concerns about performance, it’s worth noting that CATL and Ford both have a track record of defying doubts about their technological innovations.

Ford was mocked by rivals when it switched out the steel used in the body of F-150 trucks in favor of aluminum, but the move ultimately proved highly successful.

Speaking to media and analysts, Lisa Drake, Ford’s vice president of EV industrialization, declined to reveal the horsepower on those models with LFP batteries. The longer-range versions of the Mach-E and F-150 Lightning will continue to use NCM batteries, Ford said.

“I’d love to get into this today, but we really just want to focus on the capacities that we’ve installed and the battery-cell raw material change,” she said. “When we get to the product launch, I think you’re going to hear a lot more about this.”

www.mining.com

Writing on the Wall #.jpg

#Itwillhappen.jpg

More Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono :unsure:

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
So Klaus is hoping to raise $15m by early next year. AVZ found it pretty to easy to raise multiples of that. Seems like a pissy little amount for him to be aiming for?

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Reactions: 14 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Hey Daz, just check at this site - they should come out tomorrow sometime.

Thanks mate. I will bookmark it now.

Reactions: 1 users

Bin59

Regular
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Bonsoir

Regular
So Klaus is hoping to raise $15m by early next year. AVZ found it pretty to easy to raise multiples of that. Seems like a pissy little amount for him to be aiming for?
Yeah but that’s just for his pocket

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
1658550372704.png

1658550332584.png

Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
1658551946507.png

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Frank

Top 20
Any news from Weekly Council of ministers meeting. I have been trying to find it myself but gave up. Cheers
What did Félix TSHISEKEDI go to do in Europe?

The stay of the President of the Democratic Republic of Congo Félix Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo in Europe is the subject of several interpretations.

For Franck Diongo, for example, the Head of State would have left to create an atmosphere in Spain while the Republic is facing rebel occupation in its eastern part.

The president of the Progressive Lumumbist Movement (MLP) finds this presidential trip superfluous.

According to him, Félix Antoine Tshisekedi would have gone to rest, make the atmosphere in Marbella, a Spanish city considered a city of pleasures like Las Vegas in the USA.

"It is a great irresponsibility that the President of the Republic is going to sleep, rest, make the atmosphere while Bunagana is busy, Rutshuru surrounded, Goma threatened, women and children killed...", suggested the man who declared himself a presidential candidate for 2023 during his media release on Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at the Cenco interdiocesan center.

Reacting to persistent rumors in connection with Félix Antoine Tshisekedi's trip to Mardella, Patrick Muyaya, Minister of Communication and Media, government spokesperson, indicated on Wednesday July 20, 2022 that the Head of State was on a private stay in Spain.

And that he would take this opportunity to consult his doctor.

He will be back home this weekend...

Expected in Arusha for the ordinary summit of EAC Heads of State from Thursday July 21 to Friday July 22, 2022, the President of the Republic is represented by Prime Minister Sama Lukonde Kyenge.

UDPS ministers close to Kabund including Tony Mwaba and Antoinette Nsamba pushed to the exit door

1658555171190.png

Several days after the clash between the Republican Guard and Jean-Marc Kabund, the disgrace of the latter was confirmed this week in Kinshasa.

Since last Monday, the former boss of the Union for Democracy and Social Progress (UDPS) announced that he was creating his political party “Alliance for Change”, he has been going through setbacks.

After the provincial leaders of the party, the secretary general Augustin Kabuya, in turn, took note of his communication against the regime of President Tshisekedi and claimed the seat of the party in the National Assembly.

According to an internal source at the UDPS, the same sanction to Jean-Marc Kabund will be inflicted on all his relatives who are members of the cabinet of the Head of State, public officials and members of the government propelled by the new opponent of power.

Among the names, we cite in particular the Minister of Mines Antoinette Nsamba and her colleague from the EPST Tony Mwaba Kazadi.

"With this departure of Jean-Marc Kabund, it is possible a technical reorganization of the government and the cabinet of the head of state", reports a senior executive of the presidential party

In his reply press briefing on Wednesday July 20, 2022 in Kinshasa, Augustin Kabuya indicated that Jean-Marc Kabund was at the basis of the selection of the collaborators of the Head of State as well as certain members of the government of the Republic.

“He was the only one to select 90% of the Head of State's collaborators and all of the members of the party in government. By calling them trainees, we can say that they had selected them to harm the mandate of the President of the Republic at the head of the country. He himself was then undeniably incompetent. He needs to clarify if he was not addressing himself,” he said.

Last Monday, Jean-Marc Kabund called for the coming of a new political order which will be embodied by his political party "Alliance for Change" whose authorization has not yet been delivered by the Ministry of the Interior.

In his speech, he denounced the incompetence of the regime, including the RAM project, which he described as a state scam, castigated the "multiple and unproductive" diplomatic trips of Felix Tshisekedi.

According to him, the President of the Republic is preparing a shift in the electoral calendar and massive fraud in the next elections.

He also denounced "a regime of pleasure seekers" which must be blocked.

www.mediacongo.net

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

JAG

Top 20
1658556624138.png

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Reactions: 1 users

Spikerama

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

FilthyRich2

Regular
Is said member on this forum? I'd be wary of opening any document via email from a stranger FYI.
No problems with this poster not going to disclose what his posting name is but most long time holders will know who it is, most to 20 holders will know who it is as well and he is well known at Nigels roadshows in a certain state. Very respected on this forum and the other. He is obviously only targeting larger holders for this motion. If he has this concern , then I would accept it is a valid one.

Reactions: 6 users

Mickyb64

Regular
No problems with this poster not going to disclose what his posting name is but most long time holders will know who it is, most to 20 holders will know who it is as well and he is well known at Nigels roadshows in a certain state. Very respected on this forum and the other. He is obviously only targeting larger holders for this motion. If he has this concern , then I would accept it is a valid one.
What's in the post? I can't open the link.

Reactions: 5 users
Not a problem mate at all, I respect peoples privacy. I remember an idea on this forum previously for members to contact the company and question Peters conflict of interest and wondered if anything came about from that, I guess not! Well obviously, he hasn't left lol

Reactions: 2 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Soapy

Regular

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Clearly it’s a bit sensitive but having missed Obe post, what’s the general tone? A request to oust Hujlich I’m guessing. Don’t need to know anything more

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Samus

Top 20
I'd like to know wtf y'all is talking about?

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom