AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
"The Company regrets that the voluntary suspension period has lasted longer than was intended. During this period, the Company has been actively engaged with the highest levels of the Government with respect to the grant of the Mining Licence and an update regarding its exploration rights for the Manono Project. The Company remains confident of a positive outcome " AVZ 15/07
They probably forgot to add in that they are waiting for a whale to swallow AVZ at a good price that some of us winging shareholders would be ok with… :)

AIMO

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

CHB

Regular
They probably forgot to add in that they are waiting for a whale to swallow AVZ at a good price that some of us winging shareholders would be ok with… :)

AIMO

$6 dollars baby

(although that's probably only when we're digging the good stuff out, in which hey we might as well just keep digging ourselves!)

Reactions: 8 users
The difference between traders and investors is investors have learnt patience and spend time researching facts and information rather than just complaining. Traders have had plenty of opportunity to make a quid from LTR, CXO and other companies over the last few weeks, winging won’t do you as much good as researching and sharing facts will. If offering opinions, mine is that we will be going to arbitration in France and I’d rather the ownership issue is dealt with there before coming out of suspension. Plenty of people here have posted information on what court and other decisions have been made and need to be dealt with. Whatever anyone here (including me) thinks, it’s not going to make any difference, only sharing up to date information will.
If you had actually comprehended what I said I'm not against the suspension if it is warranted. I've been in AVZ since October 2017 so spare me the investors vs traders crap. It isn't difficult for the company to provide more information through official announcements as to why we are suspended and exactly what they are doing about it. While they were silent I was willing give them the benefit of the doubt that they were working successfully behind the scenes for a resolution.

But the press conference given in Kinshasa last week asked for President Tshisekedi to get involved and sort it out for them. Begging for help because things aren't progressing isn't a sufficient reason to continue the suspension imo. I would love for everything to be sorted before suspension is lifted and would be happy to wait to do so if needed. But it doesn't seem to me from available information that management have an effective plan to achieve that within a reasonable time frame.

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Samus

Top 20

Manono/AVZ Tin and Lithium Project: Christian Lukusa denies all recent misleading statements and allegations​

written by Chris Mutombo July 20, 2022 0 comment

In order to protect its notoriety and credibility on the mining market, and to shed light on national and international opinion on the real situation of the Manono tin and lithium project, of which Avz Minerals LTD is a victim false and defamatory accusations, on the part of its detractors, of having betrayed the trust in the partnership signed with their counterparts at the public company Cominière SA. Thereupon, the said mining company, Avz Minerals Limited held a clarification press conference on Friday, July 15, at the Rotana hotel, in the commune of Gombe in Kinshasa, hosted by its representative, Maître Christian Lukusa who, during of his speech, stipulated that the AVZ never held the present project hostage because,
In front of the knights of the pen and the microphone, the representative of the AVZ during the said conference of right of reply, on the unfounded accusations by ill-intentioned people, Maitre Christian Lukusa clarified public opinion on this file, and has expunged all slanderous allegations and recent statements made against his company regarding said project. “You have to stop the paradigm that the foreign investor has come to steal the minerals. We have come to confirm that our company is only a majority shareholder, of which Avz does not own the license, Dathcom owns the license and the project. And our privileged partner, Cominière with whom we want the Congolese Government to be able to notify us. You should know that the partnership involved several conditions, but most importantly, AVZ had to produce the feasibility study within five years. In less than three years, we presented a feasibility study and a decision was taken in August 2020”, explained the representative of Avz Minerals Limited.

However, according to the explanations relayed by Christian Lukusa, AVZ never considered taking the project hostage and running the Dathcom Mining company with dictatorship, from which Cominière claims that there are none of its representatives in the company: " Cominière was well and truly represented at all the meetings and that there was even evidence and receipts of attendance fees from the representatives of the state-owned enterprise at meetings including Extraordinary General Meetings. We ask Cominière to tell the national and international opinion that the interim CEO Athanasa Mwamba as well as Pascal Nkanga who represent Dathcom hold Dathcom meetings with the representatives of Avz and Cominière.
Furthermore, AVZ asserted that, it has properly fulfilled all the terms and conditions of the JV agreement and submitted to the competent authorities a world-class definitive feasibility study, so that the development of the Manono project, potentially one of of the largest lithium-rich LCT pegmatite basins in the world (lithium, cesium, tantalum). With that, AVZ Minerals intends to leverage its rich experience in the DRC and its significant expertise in financing and project development to move the Manono project up the value curve.
Ronsard Malumalu

Reactions: 28 users

Samus

Top 20
More of the same above but it is nice to know the media is spreading the good word far and wide.

What I'd like to know is, in what sort of system this head of CAMI can get away with simply sitting on his hands and refusing to budge after receiving the decree from the mining minister? (in theory his boss?).
This amongst other things beggars belief.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

CashKing

Regular
$6 dollars baby

(although that's probably only when we're digging the good stuff out, in which hey we might as well just keep digging ourselves!)
The amount of drill core samples we have we could sell SC6 already just using them 👍

You have seen AVZ’s locker room 😉

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
More of the same above but it is nice to know the media is spreading the good word far and wide.

What I'd like to know is, in what sort of system this head of CAMI can get away with simply sitting on his hands and refusing to budge after receiving the decree from the mining minister? (in theory his boss?).

*Not really Sam,

Not when you read articles like the one below, then you soon realise "What a Tangled Web they Weave when they Practice to Deceive" :mad:

Not to mention the lengths Chinese Co will go to to get what they want in the DRC :rolleyes:

www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-11-28/africa-s-biggest-data-leak-reveals-china-money-role-in-kabila-s-congo-looting

• Sad
Reactions: 15 users
If you had actually comprehended what I said I'm not against the suspension if it is warranted. I've been in AVZ since October 2017 so spare me the investors vs traders crap. It isn't difficult for the company to provide more information through official announcements as to why we are suspended and exactly what they are doing about it. While they were silent I was willing give them the benefit of the doubt that they were working successfully behind the scenes for a resolution.

But the press conference given in Kinshasa last week asked for President Tshisekedi to get involved and sort it out for them. Begging for help because things aren't progressing isn't a sufficient reason to continue the suspension imo. I would love for everything to be sorted before suspension is lifted and would be happy to wait to do so if needed. But it doesn't seem to me from available information that management have an effective plan to achieve that within a reasonable time frame.
The company and some commentators here have provided plenty of information. AVZ fighting spurious claims by Cominiere…. 1) legal team going to arbitration in France and 2) more recently employing attorneys in the DRC to deal with false media claims, and reports that boatman spread to the Financial Review, Bloomberg, Reuters, DRC media and other media sources, as well as highlighting the benefits of the project and AVZ’s side of the story, not begging Felix for help. AVZ by not attending the Dathomir court hearing made things some what complicated and corruption there as well as in CAMI all has to be proved with facts and evidence. No easy task as it involves prior government and courtroom decisions. AVZ have employed lawyers, do you want them to pester the lawyers every day and say “what can we tell our shareholders?” Every night of the week you see a lawyer on tv being asked something by reporters and what do they say…. “No comment”. We are fighting corruption from Dathomir, Cominiere Kabila, Cong, Guy Luanda, Zigin, and possibly govt officials, judges and CATH and if that’s the case I’m sure the lawyers are trying to get all the evidence together before worrying about letting retail investors know what’s in hundreds of pages of documents. I try to keep researching rather than focus on what I don’t know and can’t do anything about. I may owe you an apology as I thought you were a trader, not investor, but I’m too focused on looking for more information, winging doesn’t help, all the same, sorry

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

wombat74

Top 20

AIMO
Mate are you still feeling confident with that intel you got a few weeks back ? Timing was obviously off but that's par for the course . W.A lads seemed to be buzzing at the time . How's the Buzz over there in W.A? Getting any wiffs?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

CashKing

Regular
Mate are you still feeling confident with that intel you got a few weeks back ? Timing was obviously off but that's par for the course . W.A lads seemed to be buzzing at the time . How's the Buzz over there in W.A? Getting any wiffs?
Nothing new bud, AVZ had always dotted the i's and crossed the t's so IMO it was never going to stick..

AIMO ;)

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
1658364747945.png

1658364835027.png

1658364775019.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Birdman7

Regular

*Not really Sam,

Not when you read articles like the one below, then you soon realise "What a Tangled Web they Weave when they Practice to Deceive" :mad:

Not to mention the lengths Chinese Co will go to to get what they want in the DRC :rolleyes:

www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-11-28/africa-s-biggest-data-leak-reveals-china-money-role-in-kabila-s-congo-looting
Frank, thank you for the link to that article.

The unbelievable level of corruption in the recent past goes a long way to explaining the brazen behaviour of those AVZ is currently wrestling with.

I owned and operated hotels (pubs) for many years. One thing I did learn is when a staff member is systematically stealing from you the only way to stop it is to remove them from your business. The amounts they are taking become part of their income and lifestyle and as a result they can’t stop. They may stop for a while if they think you are on to them, however it will recommence soon after, maybe from a different profit centre or in a different manner but it will start again.

I fear the same in the DRC only on a grand scale. Felix, NF and co have their work cut out for them.

Grateful for your research and articles.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

JAG

Top 20
1658369873500.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

marksmann007

Regular

Reactions: 15 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Dazmac66

Regular
I have a man crush on Franck :ROFLMAO:
I'm a fan Funky Franck Fwamba. Try saying that 10 times! He is restoring my faith in humanity. Some farken grubs around.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

JAG

Top 20
1658372886855.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom