AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
@Cashcity Please summon your crystal ball, @JAG tell us the inside scoop. 😇
Should we be expecting any updates from the AVZ themselves soon or they want to hide their cards till the very end, I do realize and am OK with the strategy of keeping Zijin & co. guessing till its check mate.
Sorry mate i'm stuck on JAG's BBC Africa Eye..

Wait that didn't come out right...... o_Oo_O

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

TDITD

Top 20
Can honestly say I am at the point where I don’t know up from down. After a couple of months of trying to sort fact from fiction I am struggling to work out the good guys from the bad.

Something official that can be easily verified, ie; an announcement through the ASX, would be helpful about now. It might also serve to stem the flow of absolute crap we are having to sift through at the moment in order to find something resembling the truth!
In short birdman,

Kabila clan seem to have realised just how much value Manono tenements are worth but already signed away their portion and are pushing to get some back or compensation ($100 million via Lubumbashi court) an they are using cong to exert pressure, slur campaign. Chinese via Jin Cheng (Zijin) want to sneak in via the back door and want to control this in tandem with catl so it’s under Chinese ownership and control, so Zijin have sponsored snacks and also muddying waters. It’s possible both are working in tandem.

Oh and the DRC government are doing fuck all, that parts important.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Birdman7

Regular
In short birdman,

Kabila clan seem to have realised just how much value Manono tenements are worth but already signed away their portion and are pushing to get some back or compensation ($100 million via Lubumbashi court) an they are using cong to exert pressure, slur campaign. Chinese via Jin Cheng (Zijin) want to sneak in via the back door and want to control this in tandem with catl so it’s under Chinese ownership and control, so Zijin have sponsored snacks and also muddying waters. It’s possible both are working in tandem.

Oh and the DRC government are doing fuck all, that parts important.
Thank you.

Reactions: 4 users

Skar

Regular
The longer this 2nd rate side show carries on, without information from AVZ, one start wondering....

It is now 57 days since the decree of the Mining Minister.
Cami has legally 30 days to issue the Exploitation license from that moment, if the surface rights have been paid.

We haven't heard from AVZ that those surface rights have been paid, so have the surface rights been paid and if not, why not?

It is time that AVZ comes clean with its share holders, via official channels ie the ASX, what the status quo is other than "an extension of the suspension".

Shareholders should not have to trawl through social media to find out what is going on with their investments.
Last *real* ASX announcement AVZ got the nod and were waiting on CAMI to name a price. I thought the issue is CAMI are not giving a price to pay, then all this Zijin/boatman capital stuff happened... maybe its all intertwined maybe its not. Frustrating for sure.

Reactions: 8 users

JAG

Top 20
1658293766542.png

1658293849078.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

JAG

Top 20
Just some humour for Wednesday :)

1658295681677.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

JAG

Top 20
Nigel right now........:cool:

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Today is the 75th day since AVZ last traded. It's beyond a joke. There has been more than enough time for any issues to be sorted or for trading to resume if they aren't reasonably expected to be sorted soon. Even if that means the price drops, that's how markets are supposed to work. It's irresponsible of management to keep shareholders capital tied up this long just in case the share price might fall because of delays with issuing the license. If management are that worried about the price falling they can buy on market.

According to publicly available information on social media their strategy now seems to be begging President Tshisekedi to personally get involved and force CAMI to issue the license. This is something the president or the mining minister should have already done in time elapsed. The board of directors can't seriously be considering continuously extending suspension until Felix decides to do something. They shouldn't be paid a salary until we are trading again if that is their plan.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

John25

Regular
Think i found Nigel …
1658300379604.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha

JAG

Top 20
1658304845023.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Rediah

Regular
  • Haha
The longer this 2nd rate side show carries on, without information from AVZ, one start wondering....

It is now 57 days since the decree of the Mining Minister.
Cami has legally 30 days to issue the Exploitation license from that moment, if the surface rights have been paid.

We haven't heard from AVZ that those surface rights have been paid, so have the surface rights been paid and if not, why not?

It is time that AVZ comes clean with its share holders, via official channels ie the ASX, what the status quo is other than "an extension of the suspension".

Shareholders should not have to trawl through social media to find out what is going on with their investments.
It’s a shit show all right. I’m really suspicious about stuff like this - it’s dead easy for someone to force AVZ to be non-compliant:
- minister signs ML, and the 30 day clock starts ticking
- we just need to know the surface rights fee so we can pay it
- someone in CAMI accidentally-on-purpose doesn’t tell AVZ the surface rights amount so it doesn’t get paid
- 30 days comes and goes
- ML not issued
- Malicious actors screams from the rooftops that AVZ have not paid for the surface rights and should be denied the ML…

I can just see it.

Outside interference from Chinese actors has always been my number one concern. Ages ago I contacted AVZ management and asked about geo-political concerns and malign external influence. I was told that they (management) were not concerned. So what’s going on now could be a speedbump on the road to glory, or the start of a major ASX transparency scandal that could end up in the courts.

I’m becoming less comfortable about this by the day.

Last edited:
  • Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
It’s a shit show all right. I’m really suspicious about stuff like this - it’s dead easy for someone to force AVZ to be non-compliant:
- minister signs ML, and the 30 day clock starts ticking
- we just need to know the surface rights fee so we can pay it
- someone in CAMI accidentally-on-purpose doesn’t tell AVZ the surface rights amount so it doesn’t get paid
- 30 days comes and goes
- ML not issued
- Malicious actors screams from the rooftops that AVZ have not paid for the surface rights and should be denied the ML…

I can just see it.

Outside interference from Chinese actors has always been my number one concern. Ages ago I contacted AVZ management and asked about geo-political concerns and malign external influence. I was told that they (management) were not concerned. So what’s going on now I could be a speedbump on the road to glory, or the start of a major ASX transparency scandal that could end up in the courts.

I’m becoming less comfortable about this by the day.
"The Company regrets that the voluntary suspension period has lasted longer than was intended. During this period, the Company has been actively engaged with the highest levels of the Government with respect to the grant of the Mining Licence and an update regarding its exploration rights for the Manono Project. The Company remains confident of a positive outcome " AVZ 15/07

• Thinking
"The Company regrets that the voluntary suspension period has lasted longer than was intended. During this period, the Company has been actively engaged with the highest levels of the Government with respect to the grant of the Mining Licence and an update regarding its exploration rights for the Manono Project. The Company remains confident of a positive outcome " AVZ 15/07
Sounds awesome - I get it. However, as we’ve seen in international politics, disinformation works. These things that are purported by malign actors don’t need to be true - they just need to have the effect of influencing a decision. Such misinformation also provides cover to any corrupt officials involved in our decision-making chain.

Reactions: 8 users

CHB

Regular
Engaging via momentum press conference haha

Tbh it sounds like felix has not been involved, hence the pleading for him to be involved.

Reactions: 5 users

Bray

Regular
DRC/AVZ is like the super hot Russian mail order bride you’ve been chatting too online, she’s sending you photos and you think she’s drop dead gorgeous, she finally arrives on a plane in Australia and you learn she is actually a bloke with a foot long shlong and a blonde wig.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

TDITD

Top 20
DRC/AVZ is like the super hot Russian mail order bride you’ve been chatting too online, she’s sending you photos and you think she’s drop dead gorgeous, she finally arrives on a plane in Australia and you learn she is actually a bloke with a foot long shlong and a blonde wig.
Well that is the description of the modern woman. ;)

80CD86BA-4C76-427E-B8A8-113EA5F8A551.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users
Today is the 75th day since AVZ last traded. It's beyond a joke. There has been more than enough time for any issues to be sorted or for trading to resume if they aren't reasonably expected to be sorted soon. Even if that means the price drops, that's how markets are supposed to work. It's irresponsible of management to keep shareholders capital tied up this long just in case the share price might fall because of delays with issuing the license. If management are that worried about the price falling they can buy on market.

According to publicly available information on social media their strategy now seems to be begging President Tshisekedi to personally get involved and force CAMI to issue the license. This is something the president or the mining minister should have already done in time elapsed. The board of directors can't seriously be considering continuously extending suspension until Felix decides to do something. They shouldn't be paid a salary until we are trading again if that is their plan.
The difference between traders and investors is investors learn patience and spend time researching facts and information rather than complaining. Traders have had plenty of opportunity to make a quid from LTR, CXO and other companies over the last few weeks, winging won’t do you as much good as researching and sharing facts will. If offering opinions, mine is that we will be going to arbitration in France and I’d rather the ownership issue is dealt with there before coming out of suspension. Plenty of people here have posted information on what court and other decisions have been made and need to be dealt with. Whatever anyone here (including me) thinks, it’s not going to make any difference, only sharing up to date information will.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom