AVZ Discussion 2022

pow4ade

Regular
First post...

Seems to me that the plantiffs dodgy claims weren't tested in the tribunal due to AVZ failing to respond or appear. Thus the claim was upheld.

I understand they have since appealed but did AVZ contest this claim originally? And where were the Ann's regarding this case.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Frank

Top 20
South Africa-DRC: towards the construction of a bus assembly plant

Africa is currently at the age of the development of the automotive industry.

With the strong expansion experienced by the sector in South Africa, the country becomes a benchmark for certain states and its expertise could serve a lot.

Talks are underway between the Democratic Republic of Congo and South Africa to build, an assembly plant for brand vehicles "Volvo Marco Polo and Bus Mark" in Congo.

The initiative is part of a series of projects included in a cooperation memorandum announced by the two parties, the scope of which is to develop the transport sector in the DRC.

These partnerships were initiated on the occasion of the visit to Kinshasa at the end of last week, of the South African Minister of Transport, Benene Fikile Mbalula.

The construction of a bus assembly unit is one of the key projects of the government which aim to revitalize the activities of the Congo Transport Company (Transco) in order to improve the public public transport offer.

WTF !!!.jpeg

WTF !!.jpeg

Food for thought on catching a Bus in the DRC to see a Gigafactory or Buy an EV πŸ”‹ 🚘 ;)

Frank :cool:

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

tonster66

Regular
What I dont get is that the decree was issued. Surely the minister knew what was going on, they would have done their Due Diligence. Or was it all carried out in secret? If it was done in secret (court action) I would think this would not stand. To many uncertainties at the moment.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
@Frank already coined it "days of our DRC lives" it's a long winded, b grade dramedy full of "bad actors". :rolleyes:
There can be a spin off series for the arbitration featuring Judge Judy!
who cares judge judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
What I dont get is that the decree was issued. Surely the minister knew what was going on, they would have done their Due Diligence. Or was it all carried out in secret? If it was done in secret (court action) I would think this would not stand. To many uncertainties at the moment.
It seems to be the head of CAMI doing the blocking. That was openly described by Christian the lawyer at his press conference.

The head of CAMI needs his head put on the block to unblock.

Meanwhile Felix is on holiday in Marbella

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

JAG

Top 20
1658270610488.png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

TheCount

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Dazmac66

Regular
The lack of comment from DRC hierarchy is indeed baffling. We just need to trust AVZ announcements that all is in order and wait till next Friday (or Friday 3 weeks from this Friday or!!) I just have a hunch that Felix is going to use this to show he means business when it comes to these crooks! It will be a wasted opportunity and very concerning if he doesn't.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Frank

Top 20
The lack of comment from DRC hierarchy is indeed baffling. We just need to trust AVZ announcements that all is in order and wait till next Friday (or Friday 3 weeks from this Friday or!!) I just have a hunch that Felix is going to use this to show he means business when it comes to these crooks! It will be a wasted opportunity and very concerning if he doesn't.

Sanity Must Prevail​

Indeed the pressure is on for the DRC and all parties to proceed in favour of AVZ.

Anyone stating the contrary has a long way to go in explaining why this would make any sense.

On this point, no persons with a contrary view has ever put together any argument or evidence to show AVZ will not be awarded a full license along with another 15% ownership

At the end of this, AVZ will own 90% of this asset - They will sell down to CATH but clearly they will be the majority owner of the worlds largest lithium asset with the most potential in one of the most promising battery hubs / tax zones present.

So if and when we come out of trading halt with funding completed, mining license granted and potentially 90% ownership (pre sell down to CATH) - why would 4% of issued capital continue to be short? There is no sovereign risk or project risk remaining.

4% of issued capital is 3 times daily trading volume. How does 3 times daily volume exit at open?

Answer = In a stampede!

sf120​

fingers-crossed.jpg

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank :cool:

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

JAG

Top 20
1658276898125.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

JAG

Top 20
1658278873201.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20
Another pro AVZ article after the recent press conference. Apologies if posted already. I can't seem to copy and past the translated text.

Reactions: 18 users

JAG

Top 20
1658281148558.png

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Samus

Top 20
Another pro AVZ article after the recent press conference. Apologies if posted already. I can't seem to copy and past the translated text.

One slightly troubling aspect of this article is:
20220720_122650.jpg

It seems people over there having difficulty sorting the wheat from the chaff with so much bogus information floating around.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
1658286875493.png

Reactions: 5 users

wombat74

Top 20
Will AVZ be pressing criminal charges with respect to the theft of their $6mil + , or is that for the DRC government to press criminal charges ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

JAG

Top 20
Interesting watch.
Unlocking secrets from Africa’s biggest banking data leak, BBC Africa Eye reveals how millions of dollars of public funds ended up in the private bank accounts of businesses based in Democratic Republic of Congo and owned by family and associates of former President Joseph Kabila. The investigation also raises serious questions about unexplained transactions through an official account for the office of the presidency when Mr Kabila was in power.

The investigation is part of Congo Hold-up, an international collaboration with access to evidence from BGFI Bank. From Nov 2021

Reactions: 17 users

cruiser51

Top 20
One slightly troubling aspect of this article is:
View attachment 11909
It seems people over there having difficulty sorting the wheat from the chaff with so much bogus information floating around.
The longer this 2nd rate side show carries on, without information from AVZ, one start wondering....

It is now 57 days since the decree of the Mining Minister.
Cami has legally 30 days to issue the Exploitation license from that moment, if the surface rights have been paid.

We haven't heard from AVZ that those surface rights have been paid, so have the surface rights been paid and if not, why not?

It is time that AVZ comes clean with its share holders, via official channels ie the ASX, what the status quo is other than "an extension of the suspension".

Shareholders should not have to trawl through social media to find out what is going on with their investments.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Rediah

Regular
@Cashcity Please summon your crystal ball, @JAG tell us the inside scoop. πŸ˜‡
Should we be expecting any updates from the AVZ themselves soon or they want to hide their cards till the very end, I do realize and am OK with the strategy of keeping Zijin & co. guessing till its check mate.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Birdman7

Regular
The longer this 2nd rate side show carries on, without information from AVZ, one start wondering....

It is now 57 days since the decree of the Mining Minister.
Cami has legally 30 days to issue the Exploitation license from that moment, if the surface rights have been paid.

We haven't heard from AVZ that those surface rights have been paid, so have the surface rights been paid and if not, why not?

It is time that AVZ comes clean with its share holders, via official channels ie the ASX, what the status quo is other than "an extension of the suspension".

Shareholders should not have to trawl through social media to find out what is going on with their investments.
Can honestly say I am at the point where I don’t know up from down. After a couple of months of trying to sort fact from fiction I am struggling to work out the good guys from the bad.

Something official that can be easily verified, ie; an announcement through the ASX, would be helpful about now. It might also serve to stem the flow of absolute crap we are having to sift through at the moment in order to find something resembling the truth!

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom