AVZ Discussion 2022

TDITD

Top 20
Imagine you were in the DRC Government and had been dealing with AVZ for the past five years now, from rehabilitating roads, to assisting in the polio vaccination programs to the latest $25million AUD for early works and drilling exploration. You had seen their commitment to employing the locals to help fix up these roads for the oncoming wet season and seen them assist the artisanal miners on the concession, you had read the companies presentations and paid particular attention to their social responsibilities and there social engagement to ensure the community benefits.

Now imagine in comes the Chinese who backdoor into the project stealing from the government (AVZs offer was far superior). The same Chinese who are becoming increasingly known for cheating the DRC out of royalties, taxes and handing out snacks.

Are you going to back the company who has solely progressed this project to the stage of construction, or are you going to back those who offer snacks and are known for cheating your country out of its $$.

It seems like a bloody no-brainer

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

obe wan

Regular
Yea, hoping in my cynical mind is more likely.

The announcement on the 17th June said ICC bollocks takes about 4 weeks, that would put it at 15th of July - So if the decision comes in as scheduled and to take DRC time into consideration, we should receive news imminently sometime around summer 2024 if expedited.
I'm expecting a few weeks after the 15th when we get positive news from the ICC, that gets announced and then some movement in the background (of course in slow motion) - then fucking boom, an explosion maybe around the 5th of August we get our heads blown clean off with we have 66% and CATL cash then over the next few weeks with announcement after announcement our computer screens and keyboards become stickier and stickier. BFS, FID, Expansion plans, Battery plant JV, Nigel banned from using the word imminent.
who knows , but given the dates of the Ann on 17th of June and AVZ filed a response, which I assume it did before the 17th and possibly before the 15th . With the recommencement of trade being targeted for the 15 July 2022 ; that would be a full month I assume between filing and start of trading / 30 days

1657156391119.png

Some one posted here not too long ago about 'Summary Dispositions'

Article 41(5) of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) Arbitration Rules (introduced in 2006) enables parties to “file an objection that a claim is manifestly without legal merit.” The objection must be filed within 30 days of the tribunal’s constitution (appointment of Arbitrators) and before the tribunal’s first session. While the text refers only to a lack of legal merit, several ICSID tribunals have held that parties may also raise objections under this provision based on a manifest lack of jurisdiction.

is it possible that AVZ are taking this route and looking to get ZijLns cliam knocked out before any proceedings even start?

Best case would be ML for North and South sorted; Z get knocked out and we reopen for trade

Reactions: 26 users

TDITD

Top 20
who knows , but given the dates of the Ann on 17th of June and AVZ filed a response, which I assume it did before the 17th and possibly before the 15th . With the recommencement of trade being targeted for the 15 July 2022 ; that would be a full month I assume between filing and start of trading / 30 days

View attachment 10824

Some one posted here not too long ago about 'Summary Dispositions'

Article 41(5) of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) Arbitration Rules (introduced in 2006) enables parties to “file an objection that a claim is manifestly without legal merit.” The objection must be filed within 30 days of the tribunal’s constitution (appointment of Arbitrators) and before the tribunal’s first session. While the text refers only to a lack of legal merit, several ICSID tribunals have held that parties may also raise objections under this provision based on a manifest lack of jurisdiction.

is it possible that AVZ are taking this route and looking to get ZijLns cliam knocked out before any proceedings even start?

Best case would be ML for North and South sorted; Z get knocked out and we reopen for trade
I agree Obe,
forgot about this,
Happy to have DLA piper batting for us, they are experienced professionals and I wouldn't be surprised if the claims are hit out of the park. It certainly seems to have weight that Zijins claim is manifestly without legal merit.
Then of course we would have a few home-run announcements to follow through with.

Reactions: 18 users

TDITD

Top 20
I just hope management realise they need to clear up everything before we trade again (minor/major works update, drilling update, % ownership without any doubts, 15% price from Cominiere, updated BFS, CATH $240m, our share of funding, ML and for initially stated area), surely they know this, I bloody hope so, no more excuses whatsoever, and no more bs carrot dangling from this point on.

If I see "imminent", "in a matter of days", or "expedited" in an announcement again, I'll shit my pants
Get those adult diapers ready!!

Shit Your Pants Poop GIF by Four Rest Films

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

obe wan

Regular
I just hope management realise they need to clear up everything before we trade again (minor/major works update, drilling update, % ownership without any doubts, 15% price from Cominiere, updated BFS, CATH $240m, our share of funding, ML and for initially stated area), surely they know this, I bloody hope so, no more excuses whatsoever, and no more bs carrot dangling from this point on.

If I see "imminent", "in a matter of days", or "expedited" in an announcement again, I'll shit my pants
yes everything wrapped would be best case scenario, but theres no way the Z thing will be sorted before the 15th unless AVZ can actually get Zs case kicked out through summary deposition or other before the 15th.

judging by the wording in the arbitration proceedings update on 17.06.22, maybe that's the angle AVZ are taking

1657158819361.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

TDITD

Top 20
yes everything wrapped would be best case scenario, but theres no way the Z thing will be sorted before the 15th unless AVZ can actually get Zs case kicked out through summary deposition or other before the 15th.

judging by the wording in the arbitration proceedings update on 17.06.22, maybe that's the angle AVZ are taking

View attachment 10826

Thats the kicker there : 'but theres no way the Z thing will be sorted before the 15th'

We are now onto two week extensions so soon we will be approaching imminent and once we are at imminent then we got about 6 months.😂

Z case being kicked out though doesn't really do anything without some back up from the DRC government. As the local courts there have been plied with snacks and twice ruled in favour of Zijin. We still need clarification before we come out of suspension.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
What compounds the issue with Zijin is that they have entered into a jv with Cominière in nearby tenements towards the start of the year.
Biggest relief imo will be to see the tail end of Cominière who've been the ones to essentially cause all these issues by working against avz in shady dealings with third parties.
Am I correct in understanding that (all going well) once Cominière hand over a percentage to the DRC government they are then out of the picture for good?

• Thinking

TDITD

Top 20
What compounds the issue with Zijin is that they have entered into a jv with Cominière in nearby tenements towards the start of the year.
Biggest relief imo will be to see the tail end of Cominière who've been the ones to essentially cause all these issues by working against avz in shady dealings with third parties.
Am I correct in understanding that (all going well) once Cominière hand over a percentage to the DRC government they are then out of the picture for good?
That too was my understanding that they will be out soon, hence they took snacks seeing their window of opportunity shrinking.
Yes Zijin into a JV with the other crooks is dodgy, I'm hoping our CDL tenement is still ours and not in the process of being given away to say an AJN and Zijin JV.

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Leaving from Christchurch. Points of interest are
Danseys Pass Inn
Royal hotel Naseby
Wedderburn tavern
Vulcan hotel Becks and
Lauder hotel

Staying at a mates place out of Lauder Friday night

Launch into Dunedin during afternoon, pre-game will be anywhere near the stadium. Post game we bolt for another mates place at Wainakarua and commence celebrations.

Thanks mate but food won’t be in sharp focus I suspect :rolleyes::rolleyes:
My liver got scared just reading the itinerary!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Remark

Top 20
Scared or scarred?

Or Both?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha

John25

Regular
Ok Thats enough chatter about alcohol during JULY ..struggling as it is
1657164788295.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Remark

Top 20
Sounds like NF really had to come with something new when he applied for a voluntary suspension 😆

1657164986831.png

Hopefully he can make an announcement before the 15th to break his usual pattern of failing to meet self imposed deadlines. (y)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
I just hope management realise they need to clear up everything before we trade again (minor/major works update, drilling update, % ownership without any doubts, 15% price from Cominiere, updated BFS, CATH $240m, our share of funding, ML and for initially stated area), surely they know this, I bloody hope so because it's all so overdue it's not even close to funny, no more excuses whatsoever, and no more bs carrot dangling from this point on.

You mean, "I'll shit my pants, imminently..."

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Ok Thats enough chatter about alcohol during JULY ..struggling as it is
View attachment 10828

But while were in suspension drinkings all we have...

Seriously dull day on the ASX... My portfolio is a sea of 'no change' so I can't even watch my watchlist for something to do...

• Haha
  • Wow

Misfits

Regular
IMO and looking into the crystal ball

We wont get to Arbitration
Another extension will occur
We wont start trading until everything is completely sorted out, obviously
ML and finance will be achieved
The surface rights wont be significant
We have the DRC Government total support
The BFS will be a cracker and should follow fairly quickly once we start to trade again
Lots of other SP catalyst announcements would be lined up
Boatman and others require first aid from 1st degree burns
$1.30 again after BFS

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

John25

Regular
But while were in suspension drinkings all we have...

Seriously dull day on the ASX... My portfolio is a sea of 'no change' so I can't even watch my watchlist for something to do...
I only hold AVZ so havent logged into Commsec since suspension so they may think ive disappeared :) Its not looking good DAN if there’s a decent announcement on the 15th ,it’ll be half dry JULY

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I only hold AVZ so havent logged into Commsec since suspension so they may think ive disappeared :) Its not looking good DAN if there’s a decent announcement on the 15th ,it’ll be half dry JULY

Full credit to you for doing it. I sort of did it once years ago in Sydney. My home rugby team The Highlanders played in Sydney for the first time in years about a week into the month so I allowed myself the day off from Dry July to drink at the game.

obe wan

Regular
Thats the kicker there : 'but theres no way the Z thing will be sorted before the 15th'

We are now onto two week extensions so soon we will be approaching imminent and once we are at imminent then we got about 6 months.😂

Z case being kicked out though doesn't really do anything without some back up from the DRC government. As the local courts there have been plied with snacks and twice ruled in favour of Zijin. We still need clarification before we come out of suspension.
personally I think they'll open up as soon as they have the mining right m2 and in an invoice and on the date they decide to pay plus clearance , regardless if Zijin is sorted or not .

They've said that the suspension isn't to do with Z. I think they are hoping to have the Zijin case dismissed prior to opening.

Z probably know they have little chance , but id say those cockroaches will be trying to gather something of benefit for themselves out of the whole thing.

Anyway we get through this, then that's most of the mine field cleared out I'd say; Cominiere will be gone , the DRC government is on board, the mining license is locked up; there's nothing much Cong / AJN etc etc can do apart from trying to knock maybe the extensions off.

I suspect that we will still end up with CDL, but i think there will be a few different T&Cs well need to swallow on the Northern area

Reactions: 21 users

wombat74

Top 20
The other BS surrounding the $26mil AVZ have paid for the 10% + 5% which the dickheads are claiming is fraudulent , are we taking it that it is not an issue that needs to be dealt with . Has this BS gone away ? Zijin claiming that the 15% has gone back to Dathomir.

• Thinking
Top Bottom