AVZ Discussion 2022

Dazmac66

Regular
RNU is safe, based in South Australia from memory, so sovereign risk is excellent and predominantly a graphite stock which China has plentiful supply, in fact, they dominate the sector, i would be more worried if i was a WKT holder, i was being a bit flippant regards to IXR, but they have a monster deposit and based in Uganda, China has big relations with them since 1962 , they also own 20% of Ugandas debt, so anything is possible.

Not trying to spook , just providing the reality.

imo
Thanks B. I hold IXR and RNU. I was just being a bit tongue in cheek as well.
Still cannot understand why Zijin would want to go to arbitration if they (think) have secure title?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Still cannot understand why Zijin would want to go to arbitration if they (think) have secure title?
I would like to think the DRC govt via IGF report has given them the middle finger......🖕

But who would know.

Silence is deafening.

Reactions: 12 users

CHB

Regular

because they think they have it, but AVZ is not recognising it.

Reactions: 6 users

wombat74

Top 20
because they think they have it, but AVZ is not recognising it.
If they truly have it then why are they worried if AVZ recognise it or not ? If it's already legally in Zijin's possession what does it matter what AVZ think ? Surely the DRC government can look at the facts and make that decision. AVZ are not the ones taking Zijin to arbitration . The whole thing makes no fking sense . The only way Zijin win this is if the DRC government are still corrupt to the eyeballs . I take the word "encouraging" in the latest announcement as being very positive and heading in the right direction . Don't want to give the enemy too much information . They will only want to try and sabotage your progress .

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users

Rediah

Regular
In theory, and of course in long term, yes every county should move away from China or as less reliance as possible.
But the thing is,if we take Russia as a test case, with whom we have almost non existent trade, yet with this ongoing war it has impacted us fair bit. If and when there are sanctions on China, whom we and rest of the world rely on considerably, it will bring everyone on their knees, and I hope there is a plan A,B,C and all the way to Z before major countries decides to isolate China from rest of the world.
As the reporter has asked “ who has most to lose?” With secondary sanction on China, my answer will be the ‘ lives of everyday person’.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

CHB

Regular
If they truly have it then why are they worried if AVZ recognise it or not ? If it's already legally in Zijin's possession what does it matter what AVZ think ? Surely the DRC government can look at the facts and make that decision. AVZ are not the ones taking Zijin to arbitration . The whole thing makes no fucking sense . The only way Zijin win this is if the DRC government are still corrupt to the eyeballs .
No idea mate

It does sound like there's still corruption there. They're also probably trying to bribe every single arbitrator as we speak...

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

CashKing

Regular
No idea mate

It does sound like there's still corruption there. They're also probably trying to bribe every single arbitrator as we speak...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Rediah

Regular
I won’t be surprised to see the following scenes at ICC arbitrator

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

cruiser51

Top 20
July 1, 2022

China’s CMOC plans $1.8bn investment in Congo copper-cobalt mine​

Of the total investment, CMOC plans to allocate $1.4bn to engineering work under phase one of the Kisanfu project.

Chinese mining company China Molybdenum (CMOC) is set to invest $1.826bn for the development of phase one of the Kisanfu copper and cobalt project in Congo.
The project is expected to meet the surging demand for the commodities from the new energy sector.
CMOC purchased a 95% stake in the KFM project in December 2020, through its unit KFM Holding.

In April 2021, battery maker Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL) subsidiary Ningbo Brunp CATL New Energy purchased 25% in CMOC’s KFM Holding for $137.5m.

With the deal, CMOC and CATL own 71.25% and 23.75% stakes, respectively, in the Kisanfu mine while the DRC Government holds the remaining 5% stake.

CMOC plans to allocate $1.4bn to engineering, $238m to reserve costs and $161m to other construction work at the project, according to Yicai Global.

The project will mainly produce crude cobalt hydroxide, cathode copper, and a small amount of copper and cobalt sulfide concentrate.

Planned to be commissioned in the first half of 2023, the project is anticipated to have an average production capacity of 90,000tpa of copper and 30,000tpa of cobalt during the first phase, according to Zawya.

Located 33km south-west of CMOC’s Tenke Fungurume copper-cobalt mine, the Kisanfu mine is projected to hold 365Mt grading 1.72% Cu and 0.85% Co and containing approximately 6.3Mt copper and 3.1Mt cobalt.

In 2020, CMOC said that the Kisanfu mine is one of the largest, highest-grade undeveloped cobalt and copper project in the world.

At that time, the firm said in a statement: “Mineralisation continues at depth beyond current drilling, highlighting the potential to expand the resource and develop it into another long-life world class asset for CMOC’s portfolio.”

Reactions: 7 users

cruiser51

Top 20
June 29, 2022

China’s Zhejiang faces Zimbabwe regulatory pressure over lithium production​

Zhejiang is claimed to have stated that lithium production in Zimbabwe is 'not feasible' due to power shortages.

China’s Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt is facing pressure from Zimbabwe’s Competition and Tariff Commission to produce battery-grade lithium within five years despite the company stating otherwise, Reuters reported, citing official documents.
The cobalt refiner had reportedly stated that the production of lithium in the African country is ‘not feasible’ due to power scarcity and other important input requirements.
Following the $422m acquisition of the Arcadia hard-rock lithium mine earlier this year, Zhejiang announced plans to invest $300m to develop the mine and build an ore processing plant.

For approving the deal, one of the conditions set by the commission requires Zhejiang to start battery-grade lithium production from the project within five years.
In a notice seen last week by the news agency, the commission said: “The transaction was approved subject to the condition that the merged entity, its subsidiaries, affiliates and successors in title should undertake to produce battery-grade lithium in Zimbabwe within five years of receiving this determination.”

In order to comply with the competition commission’s directive, Huayou is also required to build a converter for further processing to produce battery-grade lithium carbonate, although its current plan involves only a concentrator plant to process ore.
In May 2022, when it announced the Arcadia mine investment plan, Huayou had stated: “For each tonne of battery-grade lithium carbonate production, it needs 2,800kWh of green renewable power, 500m³-600m³ of natural gas, 2.2t of concentrated sulfuric acid (98.5%), 2t of first-class sodium carbonate, 20kg of first-class sodium hydroxide, 4t of heavy calcium powder, and 1.6t of food-grade carbon dioxide.
“There is a chronic shortage of these supporting and auxiliary materials in Africa, and the costs incurred by importation would be huge and unaffordable.”

Located near Harare, the Arcadia project aims to process 2.4Mtpa of ore. It is considered one of the largest hard rock lithium resources in the world.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Chase

Regular
If they truly have it then why are they worried if AVZ recognise it or not ? If it's already legally in Zijin's possession what does it matter what AVZ think ? Surely the DRC government can look at the facts and make that decision. AVZ are not the ones taking Zijin to arbitration . The whole thing makes no fking sense . The only way Zijin win this is if the DRC government are still corrupt to the eyeballs . I take the word "encouraging" in the latest announcement as being very positive and heading in the right direction . Don't want to give the enemy too much information . They will only want to try and sabotage your progress .
Exactly mate!

Reactions: 4 users

BEISHA

Top 20
First 3 words were correct
twitch shut up GIF by Hyper RPG
I didnt see your initial post that you replied to our FRANK, but from all reports it was uncomplimentary, now we have this load of crap to add to the :poop::poop::poop:

I think its time for you to go away............permanently

genie in a bottle.gif

Do we all concur AVZ family ?

robin hood image.gif

imo

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I won’t be surprised to see the following scenes at ICC arbitrator

Definitely needs an insulin shot for the snack induced diabetes

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

John25

Regular
Is there a New Sheriff in town
1656849763567.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I didnt see your initial post that you replied to our FRANK, but from all reports it was uncomplimentary, now we have this load of crap to add to the :poop::poop::poop:

I think its time for you to go away............permanently

View attachment 10646

Do we all concur AVZ family ?

View attachment 10647

imo
survivor.gif

Make sure you press the REPORT link and provide a message for ZEEBOT.!!

I have.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bin59

Regular
1656884020976.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
New Sherif must be confused about who the real sherif of this town is. I think it now knows..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

JAG

Top 20
1656887659588.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member