AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular

DoubleA

Regular
Makes me wonder why have Huayou been so quiet in all this ?? 🧐 🤔

They have 216,615,790 shares…. 🧐

If I had that many shares I’d probably be saying something out loud…

Maybe they can’t recall buying them & totally forgot 🤨
GLTAH

If the Chinese were working silently behind the scenes trying to help to destroy the share price along with various short reports and attacks in order for the project to fall into Chinese hands for dirt cheap 216 million shares sure would come in handy. Plus the millions and millions of shares held by numerous other Chinese entities. If only there was a way to stop these games and pause trading for a while until many of the issues are sorted out. Oh wait...there is. I think Nigel and the team are not as silly as some on here think. They are not incapable of putting out updates. It is obviously part of the strategy which they think is best for AVZ and themselves (there is a $50million difference between a $1 or $2 share price for Nigel).

Reactions: 28 users

obe wan

Regular
Makes me wonder why have Huayou been so quiet in all this ?? 🧐 🤔

They have 216,615,790 shares…. 🧐

If I had that many shares I’d probably be saying something out loud…

Maybe they can’t recall buying them & totally forgot 🤨
GLTAH
Apparently Huayou / (Mr Chen) was like an extremely itchy ball bag when they had a position on the board until they were diluted out.

Those 216m shares laid in wait I reckon ; they were off making acquisitions and raising cash whilst 216m share were left sitting on AVZ registry like they were in an old lost and found room .

I’d love to see the T20 once this thing opens up ; I’d actually love to see it released just before opening up , ‘after’ AVZ have the issue cleared. Huayou and Zijin have a history of wheeling and dealing between themselves.

160m shorts are already in market / away from their lender ; circa 5% of register , personally I reckon there was also likely some crowbar leverage added by Huayou I.e. their shares woke up from their slumber .

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Bin59

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Frank

Top 20
Good to see Zijin focussing their lithium aspirations elsewhere - maybe not feeling so confident securing a portion of the Manano project 😉

Zijin adds China mine in race to join lithium’s global top tier

Zijin Mining Group Co. is stepping up efforts to become a major player in the global lithium rush, adding a mine-revival project in China to acquisitions from Africa to South America.

The group, which is mainly known as one of China’s top copper and gold miners, plans to pay 1.8 billion yuan ($269 million) for a 71% stake in a company mining for lithium in Hunan province.

Zijin wants to be China’s third-biggest producer of the battery material, and among the world’s top 10, it said on its Wechat account.

Chinese companies are at the forefront of a global race to extract and process the vast supplies of lithium, cobalt and other metals that will be needed for the battery industry in the coming decades.

Tianqi Lithium Corp. said last week it plans to raise $1.7 billion in one of Hong Kong’s biggest listings of 2022.

Zijin’s target is Hunan Houdao Mining Co., which is restarting a retired polymetallic mine to feed “the explosive growth of new energy metals like lithium,” it said in a statement.

The project will initially produce 60,000 to 70,000 tons of lithium carbonate equivalent a year, and Zijin will build refining facilities at the site.

The miner struck a deal earlier this year to jointly develop lithium reserves in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and also said it would spend 7.7 billion yuan to buy lithium operations in Tibet. :unsure:

That followed the C$960 million ($744 million) acquisition of Neo Lithium Corp., a Canadian company with lithium assets in Argentina, in 2021.

Events in China are crucial to what’s next for lithium carbonate prices that have surged by more than 10 times over the past two years.

The prospect of more supply from the nation was the key reason behind Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s recent — and hotly contested — forecast for prices to cool, the bank’s co-head of China equity research Trina Chen told Bloomberg TV this week.

Zijin alluded to the uncertainties ahead for lithium in its risk warning for the Hunan acquisition.

“The new energy industry is developing rapidly, yet the competition is also fierce,” it said.

“If the prices of the project’s products fluctuate vigorously, the profitability of the project will be uncertain.”

The group’s goal is to produce 150,000 tons a year of lithium carbonate equivalent in the long term.

That compares with China’s top producer Ganfeng Lithium Co., which is aiming for output of 300,000 tons a year by 2025.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals

things-that-make-you-go-hmm.jpg

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank :cool:

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Bin59

Regular
Apparently Huayou / (Mr Chen) was like an extremely itchy ball bag when they had a position on the board until they were diluted out.

Those 216m shares laid in wait I reckon ; they were off making acquisitions and raising cash whilst 216m share were left sitting on AVZ registry like they were in an old lost and found room .

I’d love to see the T20 once this thing opens up ; I’d actually love to see it released just before opening up , ‘after’ AVZ have the issue cleared. Huayou and Zijin have a history of wheeling and dealing between themselves.

160m shorts are already in market / away from their lender ; circa 5% of register , personally I reckon there was also likely some crowbar leverage added by Huayou I.e. their shares woke up from their slumber .
Interesting article re Huayou

COMMODITIES
JUNE 30, 202211:14 PM
UPDATED A DAY AGO

China's Huayou to explore Zimbabwe lithium plant 'when conditions are right'​

By Reuters Staff

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Huayou Cobalt on Thursday said it could not immediately commit to producing battery-grade lithium in Zimbabwe after the country’s competition authority made that a condition of its takeover of a lithium mine.

China’s biggest cobalt refiner acquired the hard-rock Arcadia lithium mine, just outside the capital Harare, for $422 million earlier this year and has announced plans to invest $300 million in its development.

But Zimbabwe’s Competition and Tariff Commission said in a June 22 notice that the deal was approved subject to Huayou undertaking to produce battery-grade lithium in Zimbabwe within five years.

Huayou said battery-grade lithium production is not part of the project agreement, but it has had discussions with the competition authority and agreed to explore local production of lithium sulphate “only when the construction and economic conditions are right”.

Huayou’s stated plans are to build a concentrator plant to process ore, not a converter to produce battery-grade lithium.

In a statement to Reuters, Huayou said it is committed to exploring “development of infrastructure that would allow refining to happen close to production”, but it cannot do this “without support from local partners and without the right conditions”.
Nations across Africa are anxious to curb exports of unrefined minerals and move up the value chain by developing domestic processing, particularly as demand for batteries used in electric vehicles surges. But unreliable electricity and a lack of other inputs pose obstacles.

Huayou in May said there was a chronic shortage of the materials needed to produce battery-grade lithium in Africa, and importing these materials would be unaffordable.

Huayou expects Arcadia to start producing by 2023.

Reporting by Helen Reid; editing by Barbara Lewis
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Helios

Regular
Why is mines.cd reporting on these shyster's buying a lithium mine in China?

Why did they pay 269 million (I'm assuming USD) for 71% of a mine in China but only 5 million on snacks for 15% of Manono?
Originally a bloomberg article. They acknowledge this, although down the bottom of page. Copy and paste clicks. For me it answers who paid and bought that mine in China at auction.

Reactions: 3 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

Someone posted the T20 in here a couple of days ago

Reactions: 5 users

CHB

Regular
As we know the Chinese all have ties but I dont think we'll see any of the Chinese speak out against anything state owned(Zijin), ever
We've seen what happens when they speak out.

Have they found Jack Ma yet?? :censored:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Oh dear, this will certainly upset "them"...

View attachment 10562

China is trolling rare-earth miners online and the Pentagon isn't happy

Beijing-linked Dragonbridge flames biz building Texas plant for Uncle Sam

Jessica Lyons HardcastleTue 28 Jun 2022 // 22:05 UTC
The US Department of Defense said it's investigating Chinese disinformation campaigns against rare earth mining and processing companies — including one targeting Lynas Rare Earths, which has a $30 million contract with the Pentagon to build a plant in Texas.

Earlier today, Mandiant published research that analyzed a Beijing-linked influence operation, dubbed Dragonbridge, that used thousands of fake accounts across dozens of social media platforms, including Facebook, TikTok and Twitter, to spread misinformation about rare earth companies seeking to expand production in the US to the detriment of China, which wants to maintain its global dominance in that industry.

"The Department of Defense is aware of the recent disinformation campaign, first reported by Mandiant, against Lynas Rare Earth Ltd., a rare earth element firm seeking to establish production capacity in the United States and partner nations, as well as other rare earth mining companies," according to a statement by Uncle Sam. "The department has engaged the relevant interagency stakeholders and partner nations to assist in reviewing the matter.

Lynas Rare Earths, based in Australia, claims to be the world's second-largest producer of separated rare-earth materials, and the largest outside of China. And in 2021, the US Department of Defense signed an agreement with Lynas to build a Texas plant in response to supply-chain shortages.

Rare-earth materials are used in a variety of consumer items such as smart-phone screens and rechargeable batteries for electric and hybrid cars, along with aerospace and defense products like missile guidance systems and aircraft engines.

Mandiant has been tracking Dragonbridge, and its pro-People's Republic of China narratives, since mid-2019. The campaign is made up of thousands of fake accounts across 30 social media platforms and more than 40 other websites and online forums. The more recent campaigns targeting rare-earth companies included posts in English and Chinese, plus other languages including German, Russian, Spanish, Korean, and Japanese.

Dragonbridge unleashes disinformation on planned US facilities

While the social-media warriors originally focused on discrediting pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong before expanding into some failed attempts at mobilizing US protesters in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, it has since turned its sights on rare-earth metals, we're told.

According to Mandiant, the misinformation operation targeting Lynas began earlier this year. This campaign spread content claiming Lynas' planned processing facility in Texas would harm the environment and expose neighbors to radioactive contamination, cancer risks, gene mutation, and deformities in newborns.

Then in June, the researchers observed Dragonbridge targeting a Canadian rare-earth mining company, Appia Rare Earths and Uranium Corp, as well as an American rare-earths manufacturing company called USA Rare Earth with more fake news and negative posts about potential or planned production activities.

This more recent campaign coincided with Appia announcing the discovery of a rare-earths bearing zone in Northern Saskatchewan, Canada. Also in June: USA Rare Earth said it planned to build a processing facility in Oklahoma.

In addition to pushing narratives that criticized the mining companies' expansion plans that benefit US rare earth production activities, Mandiant said the ops also promoted content protesting the Biden administration's decision in March to invoke the Defense Production Act — yet another attempt by America to spur domestic production of and lessen US reliance on China to supply its critical minerals.

"It targeted an industry of strategic significance to the PRC, including specifically three commercial entities challenging the PRC's global market dominance in that industry," the security shop wrote in its analysis.

Another noteworthy aspect of the newer Dragonbridge influence operations, according to Mandiant, is that "the campaign leveraged more nuanced tactics than what we typically see from pro-PRC information operations."

This includes creating fake online accounts posing as Texas residents expressing concern over environment and health issues related to the planned facility, and posting these campaigns in social media groups "predisposed to be receptive to that content," the threat-intel blog said.

While they didn't seem to have had much luck inciting Texans — or anyone else — to take action and protest the plants, this could be a precursor to future misinformation campaigns by Beijing-backed cyber goons, Mandiant warned.

As the researchers note, the "significantly expanded online footprint," coupled by the attempts to mobilize protesters in the US, "provides early warning that the actors responsible may be starting to explore more direct means of influence and may be indicative of an emerging intent to motivate real-world activity outside of China's territories." ®
Watch out IXR holders.............you guys are next ;)

NATO finally realising that China is a material threat...................aaagh, Houston, bit slow on the uptake !

I have been reading about the developments of the south china sea for over 5yrs now and the vast BELT & ROAD programs around the world, trapping poor countries then taking over their ports..........why the ports you ask ?

Long term goal, military bases, to counter the hundreds of miltary bases globally that the US has, they also have the largest navy in the world, so its a perfect fit.

But China has a problem.......

The plot thickens.

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Yep! And now you say IXR is next in line to be reamed by the Chinese. If they start on RNU that'll do me. My brief foray into the share market will be done and dusted. 🤣
I do however believe that if Zijin believed they had any form of firm ownership on 15% they would not initiate arbitration. Why would they risk losing what they believe they own. What am I missing??

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Yep! And now you say IXR is next in line to be reamed by the Chinese. If they start on RNU that'll do me. My brief foray into the share market will be done and dusted. 🤣
I do however believe that if Zijin believed they had any form of firm ownership on 15% they would not initiate arbitration. Why would they risk losing what they believe they own. What am I missing??
RNU is safe, based in South Australia from memory, so sovereign risk is excellent and predominantly a graphite stock which China has plentiful supply, in fact, they dominate the sector, i would be more worried if i was a WKT holder, i was being a bit flippant regards to IXR, but they have a monster deposit and based in Uganda, China has big relations with them since 1962 , they also own 20% of Ugandas debt, so anything is possible.

Not trying to spook , just providing the reality.

imo

JAG

Top 20
1656745910766.png

• Haha

Frank

Top 20
Watch out IXR holders.............you guys are next ;)

NATO finally realising that China is a material threat...................aaagh, Houston, bit slow on the uptake !

I have been reading about the developments of the south china sea for over 5yrs now and the vast BELT & ROAD programs around the world, trapping poor countries then taking over their ports..........why the ports you ask ?

Long term goal, military bases, to counter the hundreds of miltary bases globally that the US has, they also have the largest navy in the world, so its a perfect fit.

But China has a problem.......

The plot thickens.

Fyi, fwiw, China has a Big problem, one that will affect all of us, as

Australians have lost thousands of dollars on their superannuation, as rising interest rates create havoc on financial markets.

Plus there are warnings China's economy will go through a crash and Australia must be prepared.

things-that-make-you-go-hmm.jpg

Food for thought - Chinese 🥢

Frank :unsure:

cruiser51

Top 20
RNU is safe, based in South Australia from memory, so sovereign risk is excellent and predominantly a graphite stock which China has plentiful supply, in fact, they dominate the sector, i would be more worried if i was a WKT holder, i was being a bit flippant regards to IXR, but they have a monster deposit and based in Uganda, China has big relations with them since 1962 , they also own 20% of Ugandas debt, so anything is possible.

Not trying to spook , just providing the reality.

imo
How long do you think China can keep on buying things?
Their debt is huge....

At the end of 2020, China's foreign debt, including U.S. dollar debt, stood at roughly $2.4 trillion. Corporate debt is $27 trillion, while the country's total public debt exceeds 300 percent of GDP.

• Wow

BEISHA

Top 20
How long do you think China can keep on buying things?
Their debt is huge....

At the end of 2020, China's foreign debt, including U.S. dollar debt, stood at roughly $2.4 trillion. Corporate debt is $27 trillion, while the country's total public debt exceeds 300 percent of GDP.
Alot has changed since 2020........$52 trillion bubble now, this is the main problem.

What would happen to China if the western world applied sanctions on them for their association with Russia ?

What would happen if every country wised up and focused on their own manufacturing / processing and moved away from their reliance on China ?

Interesting world we live in.......to say the least

imo

Last edited:
Top Bottom