AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Wow, so much garbage being posted it reminds me of the crapper. Rampers both ways. Some who suggested AVZ wouldn’t come out of suspension and would delist etc., comparing AVZ to companies that suffered that, those other companies mostly had debts they couldn’t pay or they ran out of cash and had no offtakes etc. AVZ is cashed up well enough for a long time, and I would suggest for much longer than it takes to sort the current issue. I have no doubt they could adjust their percentages with CATH if they had to (though unlikely in my view) and could easily adjust other agreements if necessary. What I would be wondering (which is what I put in an email to Nigel months ago) relates to the to cost of the extra 15% (which I previously estimated at around $400 million give or take) and then how the financing would be done. Some dilution from equity, and now rising interest rates to contemplate. I never got a reply from Nigel back then, but as I put in my crapper post (which got plenty of likes and globes in a couple of minutes before being moderated and me permanently suspended) I had a good long talk to him at the Sydney presentation and I understand why he plays his hand the way he does. He told me at the presentation that the Chinese were trying to screw us. I left the presentation accurately predicting a CR at around $0.13 and posted on the crapper that I sold 3million shares. I wasn’t quite quick enough to buy them at $0.13 but I bought the lot back just after the CR announcement. Thanks to those who rubbished my post, the same posters who are still posting uninformed opinions and do any actual research so they can give an informed opinion!!!! I appreciate your informed opinions Jag 👍

"Some dilution from equity, and now rising interest rates to contemplate. I never got a reply from Nigel back then, but as I put in my crapper post (which got plenty of likes and globes in a couple of minutes before being moderated and me permanently suspended)"

Seems harsh....what were you permanently suspended for?

Reactions: 6 users

BEISHA

Top 20

Denunciation, call for conscience, DRC: Mice Tshibangu raises his voice on the lithium mining project in Manono​

written by Admin June 24, 2022 0 comment

Investigative journalist, Mice Tshibangu presented a film, Thursday June 23, 2022, highlighting the dramatic outcome of the agreement between the Congolese company COMINIERE and that of the Australian AVZ MINERALS, in the exploitation of lithium in the territory of Manono, located in the province of Tanganyika. It was during a press conference that he hosted in the enclosure of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Fatima, located in the town of Gombe.
This film of more than two hours shows the non-respect of the agreements of AVZ MINERALS signed with COMINIERE. However, the agreement provided that the Australian company privileged partner with 70%, will bring its share of the rest of the capital necessary for the construction of the Manono lithium mine, but also additional expenses to make the project grow.
Through this film, Mice Tshibangu believes that it is important, given that the country is in a situation of war, the population, the press must rise up to support the government in one way or another so that it win your case in this case which is already at the level of justice, a question of mobilizing a substantial budget for the exploitation of the deposits located in Manono to help the country ever so slightly from the chaos in which it finds itself.

Today, it must be said that many authorities, especially from the previous regime who signed the contracts, which do not benefit the country in any way. And this makes the task difficult for the current President of the Republic because he found on his table the contracts that the previous authorities signed, not for the country but for their pockets", he revealed, before d feel that the DRC has been betrayed because everything is almost blocked.
He also pointed out that he is full of several similar files in his game bag showing how previous leaders signed contracts in the name of the Republic, but the funds went into their pockets to enrich themselves.
The Congolese must, he adds, stop with trivialities to devote themselves to such serious files which will help to advance our country.
Christian Musungayi

DRC: Investigative journalist Mils Tshibangu denounces the looting of lithium from Manono by the company AVZ​

In a documentary of more than an hour of which Actu30.cd has a copy, the investigative journalist Mils Tshibangu denounces the looting of lithium and the non-respect of the contract for the exploitation of the Manono mine in the province of Tanganyika by the AVZ company .

In this video, the author talks about the company in the portfolio of the State in COMINIERE which, according to him, since the signing of the contract with AVZ "has not benefited anything, neither in terms of percentages even less from the promises of this company, who is only working for his own interest”.
According to Mils Tshibangu, the objective is for the government to be informed and for the population to ask the national government to get involved in this file, and after the government has forced AVZ to keep the promises through the contract. signed, or the lawyers help kick AVZ out.

This journalist calls on the Congolese authorities to take urgent decisions to resolve this issue, especially since this situation negatively influences the lives of the local population.
As a reminder, on October 17, 2016, COMINIERE and DATHOMIR Sarl had concluded a joint venture agreement for the exploitation of permit 12202. This exploitation permit had become an exploration permit 13359. And, after the completion of the contract with MMCS and the forfeiture of this operating license. PE 12202 was thus split into two PRs, including 13689 for discharges and 13359 for the mine. The contract was amended in December 2016.
La COMINIERE AND DATHOMIR created the company DATHCOM MINING SA in which each holds respectively 30% and 70% of the shares. In January 2017, the two shareholders decided to sell PR 13359 to DATHCOM SA for operation. On November 20, 2017, COMINIERE, DATHOMIR and AVZ MINERALS signed an agreement under which AVZ MINING acquired 60% of the shares of DATHOMIR SARL in DATHCOM MINING SA. AVZ paid A$500,000 for this transaction. After this agreement, the share capital of DATHCOM SA was as follows: COMINIERE 25%, AVZ MINERALS 65% and DATHOMIR 10%. COMINIERE then ceded 5% to AVZ to remain with 25%.

Five years after the creation of the joint venture, no significant activity on the site. The project remained in a research phase. This is how COMINIERE was contacted by the Chinese ZIJIN. The latter was eyeing the Manono-Kitotolo project on which COMINIERE was counting a lot thanks to a world-class lithium deposit. But compliance with the clauses by the shareholders posed a problem. AVZ obstructed the development of the project with opacity in fundraising operations.
James Mushiya

BIGGEST load of BS i have ever read !!!

No mention of Kabila / Cong and all the corruption in the past, just trying to loot the golden goose that has done all the hard yards and played by the book ( well at least i hope so .......for Nigels sake )

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Reactions: 15 users

JAG

Top 20
Anybody with a Twitter account that can tag this investigative journalist with all the AVZ announcements considering he seems to think the company has done nothing for the last 5 years.
I think she gets the message :sneaky:

1656128812138.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

obe wan

Regular
BIGGEST load of BS i have ever read !!!

No mention of Kabila / Cong and all the corruption in the past, just trying to loot the golden goose that has done all the hard yards and played by the book ( well at least i hope so .......for Nigels sake )

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
Yep, no mention of Cong / Kabila 🤷🏼‍♂, as if that ain’t strange in itself , that article / film is a waste of time , people see through that sort of rubbish

Reactions: 11 users
"Some dilution from equity, and now rising interest rates to contemplate. I never got a reply from Nigel back then, but as I put in my crapper post (which got plenty of likes and globes in a couple of minutes before being moderated and me permanently suspended)"

Seems harsh....what were you permanently suspended for?
The crapper said it was for doxting (I don’t even know what that actually is) but I presume it was because I @ about 10 posters on the crapper, meaning my post contained replies to about 10 other posters comments (including bluesky, elphamale, Gareth, mining8 and others I’ve forgotten) and my post was reported at the time by dosante. Some (like mining8) tried to assert I didn’t even attend the Sydney presentation, I was actually the first person Nigel spoke with when he walked in and spent more time talking to him and asking him questions than anyone else on the night. The crapper suspended me because I was already on their hit list for rubbishing the crapper, trolls and LNG Ltd management (who I had shares in at the time). The LNG shareholders also got stuck into me at the time for criticising management but when the company went into liquidation those same shareholders formed a group to try and take a class action against what was left and though I contributed information to the group for a while, I opted out of putting in $ for a class action that wasn’t going anywhere. Frank who posts here and used to post on the crapper can verify. So I have no liking for posters like mining8 etc and to answer Beisha’s response to my previous post here (about rampers), plenty of shareholders (like mining8) like to repeat over and over about largest purest hard rock resource, ML, BFS, SEZ, FID imminent any day now etc etc, but never mentioned when a CR was due (when we only had $2mil left in the bank) or how much that last 15% (of Cominiere’s equity) would cost us to purchase and a lot of other critical information that needs to be addressed, so that’s why I call them rampers, because they are half story teller’s. It was alright for them to post bs about me on the crapper (after I was permanently suspended) when I posted a ton of info there after the Sydney presentation. Never have I read them presenting all the facts!

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Frank

Top 20

One of world’s biggest cobalt mines is at stake in Congo fight

1656130022987.png

A dispute over one of the biggest copper and cobalt mines is escalating in the Democratic Republic of Congo, threatening to disrupt exports of essential battery materials and raising questions about the project’s future.

A top executive from state mining company Gecamines said that partner CMOC Group Ltd. owes $7.6 billion in overdue payments, and even accused the Chinese metals producer and trader of posing a threat to national security.

CMOC said it denies the allegations, “strongly” opposes what it views as unjustified attacks, and will defend its rights and interests.

The crux of the dispute is over mineral royalties. Gecamines, which owns 20% of the Tenke Fungurume mine, accuses controlling shareholder CMOC of under-reporting mineral reserves and hiding data to avoid triggering higher payments under their agreement.

Earlier this year, a court-ordered that the mine should be run by a temporary administrator while the two sides sort out their differences.

However, CMOC says it’s still in charge of managing the project and insists it’s business as usual.

Now Gecamines is firing up the rhetoric, threatening last week to cancel the partnership altogether and take back the rights to the deposit.

The company is owed about $5 billion in royalties and wants more than $2.5 billion in interest as well, said deputy chief executive officer Leon Mwine Kabiena.

“If we determine that it’s not working, even in marriages, there are always divorces,” Mwine said Monday in an interview at Gecamines’ headquarters in the mining hub of Lubumbashi.

“It’s the biggest rip-off of the last twenty years, and Gecamines is not going to continue like this.”

The escalating fight is important because of Congo’s outsized role in supplying the world’s cobalt, a vital part of many electric-vehicle batteries.

Tenke was one of the top cobalt producers last year, and is also a large supplier of copper.

The spat also takes place against the backdrop of President Felix Tshisekedi’s efforts to increase scrutiny of mining deals made under his predecessor, Joseph Kabila.

Its mineral riches make Congo hard to ignore for the global mining industry, but many have steered clear because of the perceived riskiness, so the dispute will be closely watched by other international miners and potential investors.

Gecamines’ next step may be to halt Tenke’s mineral sales, Mwine said.

The state-owned company has not signed its annual commercial agreement with the venture and without that Mwine says any exports are technically illegal.

CMOC says the allegations against it are groundless and that royalty payments are clearly defined in its agreement with Gecamines.

“There are people, who ignore the basic facts and act against the established agreement, trying to sabotage the amicable environment of friendly talks by telling lies, making troubles, and attacking partners,” CMOC said in an emailed response.

“This is not justified. CMOC opposes it strongly.

We will retain all means, including legal means, to defend our legitimate rights and interests.”

China-Belt-and-Road-Initiative !!! .jpg

New US program targets rare minerals needs for EVs and solar panels

When a top Biden administration official was in Cape Town for a mining conference last month, he heard from a number of African nations desperate for foreign investment to help dig up critical minerals like lithium, manganese and cobalt.
blank.gif

At the same time, Under Secretary of State Jose Fernandez said, mining companies told him that they were reluctant to invest in some key resource-rich countries because of poor governance standards and a lack of transparency.

A new State Department initiative called the Minerals Security Partnership, which Fernandez announced this month, aims to bridge that gap by funneling foreign investment into a sector that supplies the raw materials crucial to the electric vehicle batteries and solar panels that underpin US efforts to usher in a greener economy.

The initiative — which includes Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Sweden, the UK and the European Commission — is also about securing a resource supply chain that’s crucial to advanced manufacturing, but it remains almost totally dominated by China, which controls most of the market for processing and refining minerals such as cobalt, lithium and other rare earths.

“There’s this need, there’s this eagerness on the part of countries and you can go down the list — the Democratic Republic of Congo is obviously one, but you know, Zambia, Ghana, you name it,” Fernandez said in an interview.

“The success of our initiative will be:

Are we able to get our companies and get our partners involved in projects that both make sense from an economic point of view but also improve livelihoods and don’t promote the resource curse?”

*The resource curse is an expression used to describe the risk that the exploitation of natural resources will fuel corruption, instability or conflict. :rolleyes:

The US is already sharing information with countries seeking foreign funding for mining projects and allied governments, foreign mining companies and financial institutions that can help kick-start projects, Fernandez said.

The State Department effort is part of a broader, longer-term Biden administration initiative to wean the US and its allies from China and other countries it sees as misusing their market dominance or geopolitical leverage.

Fernandez said the global food crisis and supply chain chaos sparked by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is a reminder that nations need to ensure that key areas — from minerals and batteries to vaccines — aren’t vulnerable to geopolitical shocks.

He described the State Department minerals partnership as an attempt to play “midwife” between countries eager for investment and companies hesitant to violate environmental, social and governance principles, which would benefit the US by diversifying the sector and eventually help resource-rich countries transition into processing and refining projects that typically generate more revenue.

“There are a number of supply chains where we are vulnerable,” Fernandez said.

“The goal is to build reliable, robust, critical mineral supply chains that adhere to high environmental, social and governance standards, and I think if we do that we should be able to diversify our supply chain.”

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

China-Belt-and-Road-Initiative #.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Same can be said for some here on The Stock Exchange

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I'm a glass half full, glass half empty old prick, so you'll find me oscillating from side to side. I also don't mind calling out management mis-steps and posted falsehoods either here or on the crapper, and I also tend to take a lot of the purist ramping with a good dose of salt. I felt the chill when I warned about Zijin antics earlier in the year.

I'm not close to anyone at AVZ at all, so rely on credible commentary from posters I have grown to trust and respect

Do you still have a line of comms with Nigel, or was it a once off face to face? It can be very helpful to a lot of investors to have more colour around what's actually happening, and such info can easily be said without saying it, if you get my drift. I belong to a private group, where one person is our spokesman, and we are treated by various managements as if we were investment funds. Not sure it's done us any good, but we can get more 'colour'.

Anyway, just Saturday afternoon ramblings - time for a wine where I am

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
I wonder, perhaps they could have been doing more in the meantime as a show of good faith? We do always hear what a good relationship we have with the Congolese government, despite the fact they've seemingly been the ones holding up progress.
Dropping a few millions into education or healthcare infrastructure doesn't seem like a huge deal when you look at the tens of millions that are burned through on corporate salaries.
Not defending this sort of Rubbish journalism in any way but perhaps AVZ could have afforded to do more at this point than give out a few vaccinations.
We're expecting the Congolese to have faith in us for the next 30+ years but we're not going to budge until they give us a licence to print money first.
AVZ will be buggered if we loose rights to the deposit anyway, why not put a bit more money into the local community whilst spending 10's of millions on drilling etc?
I know it's more complicated than that in many ways but the hearts and minds of the local populace is a part of what AVZ needs to win.
Actions speak louder than words goes both ways. AVZ's foundation should be in force already imo.
Seems to me management have dropped the ball during covid and allowed progress in this regard to be stalled and the enemy to sneak in through the back door why nobody was home for two years.
This can't all be blamed on external forces, progress has been frustratingly slow from our end to date and this current situation partly seems like the culmination of managements inaction on all fronts.
Yeh agree actions do speak loudly, though it also appears some of those actions go unnoticed too. Which is fine, you should do things for the right reason, not to get publicity etc etc

Reactions: 2 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I have read all of your 11 posts and not one of them has a balanced view, mainly critical of others.......do we call you a DOWN RAMPER ?

If in fact you call yourself a spade, then you would have responded to my post directly, rather than an off the cuff remark replying to someone else.......;)

Just sayin.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
I'm a glass half full, glass half empty old prick, so you'll find me oscillating from side to side. I also don't mind calling out management mis-steps and posted falsehoods either here or on the crapper, and I also tend to take a lot of the purist ramping with a good dose of salt. I felt the chill when I warned about Zijin antics earlier in the year.

I'm not close to anyone at AVZ at all, so rely on credible commentary from posters I have grown to trust and respect

Do you still have a line of comms with Nigel, or was it a once off face to face? It can be very helpful to a lot of investors to have more colour around what's actually happening, and such info can easily be said without saying it, if you get my drift. I belong to a private group, where one person is our spokesman, and we are treated by various managements as if we were investment funds. Not sure it's done us any good, but we can get more 'colour'.

Anyway, just Saturday afternoon ramblings - time for a I had a very long conversation with him at the presentation, but I don’t have a direct link to him.

Anyway, just Saturday afternoon ramblings - time for a wine where I am
I had a very long conversation with him at the presentation, but I don’t have direct comms to him. In fact I am pretty sure he has avoided answering the odd email from me because of the questions I ask. What I do feel, is that, in part, he may not disclose all he knows because he’s done (and is doing) his best to keep the share price appreciating which has been helpful for a number of reasons. I am not suggesting anything untoward in any way here, and my view on his approach to the information that’s disclosed is that I totally agree with his approach. As I alluded to earlier, I’m pretty sure he has been aware of how the Chinese have been trying to screw us for a long time, and as a result, I feel he has been taking the behind the scenes steps he needs to, to get the project to construction…. I just looked back at my crapper post that got me suspended and noticed a couple of things…. In the post I also replied to comments by Scarpa, Super Yacht, grasseeds and Whidden3, and also mentioned that the agreement between AVZ and Dathomir stated that the remaining $15million (for Dathomir’s15%) could be paid either by August 2021 or even sooner if AVZ secured $50million in financing, which should add weight that the current claims by Dathomir are nonsense

Reactions: 8 users
I have read all of your 11 posts and not one of them has a balanced view, mainly critical of others.......do we call you a DOWN RAMPER ?

If in fact you call yourself a spade, then you would have responded to my post directly, rather than an off the cuff remark replying to someone else.......;)

Just sayin.
I was just trying to fit as much info as I could into less posts. I have researched this company like all other companies I have invested in. You seem to feel you are the Roller (Sheriff) of these threads. I never called myself a spade, and you can call me what ever you like!! Downramper LOL, coming from someone who seems to think your TA comments are more important than FA and proper research. If there’s a bee in your bonnet mate, it’s not my fault, and rather than saying “just saying” try and talk to me like an adult who puts the effort in when it comes to researching companies I own

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
The crapper said it was for doxting (I don’t even know what that actually is) but I presume it was because I @ about 10 posters on the crapper, meaning my post contained replies to about 10 other posters comments (including bluesky, elphamale, Gareth, mining8 and others I’ve forgotten) and my post was reported at the time by dosante. Some (like mining8) tried to assert I didn’t even attend the Sydney presentation, I was actually the first person Nigel spoke with when he walked in and spent more time talking to him and asking him questions than anyone else on the night. The crapper suspended me because I was already on their hit list for rubbishing the crapper, trolls and LNG Ltd management (who I had shares in at the time). The LNG shareholders also got stuck into me at the time for criticising management but when the company went into liquidation those same shareholders formed a group to try and take a class action against what was left and though I contributed information to the group for a while, I opted out of putting in $ for a class action that wasn’t going anywhere. Frank who posts here and used to post on the crapper can verify. So I have no liking for posters like mining8 etc and to answer Beisha’s response to my previous post here (about rampers), plenty of shareholders (like mining8) like to repeat over and over about largest purest hard rock resource, ML, BFS, SEZ, FID imminent any day now etc etc, but never mentioned when a CR was due (when we only had $2mil left in the bank) or how much that last 15% (of Cominiere’s equity) would cost us to purchase and a lot of other critical information that needs to be addressed, so that’s why I call them rampers, because they are half story teller’s. It was alright for them to post bs about me on the crapper (after I was permanently suspended) when I posted a ton of info there after the Sydney presentation. Never have I read them presenting all the facts!
Sounds like you've been through the wringer on the Crapper

Why would Nigel talk to you first at the Sydney presentation when he walked in?

You old buddies or got a connection or something?

Also this might assist

1656137369524.png

• Haha
  • Love

LOCKY82

Regular

Reactions: 6 users
Sounds like you've been through the wringer on the Crapper

Why would Nigel talk to you first at the Sydney presentation when he walked in?

You old buddies or got a connection or something?

Also this might assist

View attachment 10119
No, I just happened to be signing the attendance book when he walked in

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I was just trying to fit as much info as I could into less posts. I have researched this company like all other companies I have invested in. You seem to feel you are the Roller (Sheriff) of these threads. I never called myself a spade, and you can call me what ever you like!! Downramper LOL, coming from someone who seems to think your TA comments are more important than FA and proper research. If there’s a bee in your bonnet mate, it’s not my fault, and rather than saying “just saying” try and talk to me like an adult who puts the effort in when it comes to researching companies I own
Not going to argue with you further, go better things to do, you think you are the only one that does research ?

Been in AVZ since 7c , been in the stock market game for over 30yrs, mainly in the FA capacity, TA only the last 4 yrs, anyone who has followed me, would know that FA rules the roost, TA just alllows me to get good entries and exits......so not sure where you got the notion that my TA is more important than anything else........WTF ?

I aint the thread police, the collective AVZ TSE community runs that ruler, but you can be damn sure i will call out posters who make BS claims......that would be the SPADE in me.....;)

I think its you who has a "bee in its bonnet", go and have a cool aid and then lets chat again .........as adults.

lol

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Not going to argue with you further, go better things to do, you think you are the only one that does research ?

Been in AVZ since 7c , been in the stock market game for over 30yrs, mainly in the FA capacity, TA only the last 4 yrs, anyone who has followed me, would know that FA rules the roost, TA just alllows me to get good entries and exits......so not sure where you got the notion that my TA is more important than anything else........WTF ?

I aint the thread police, the collective AVZ TSE community runs that ruler, but you can be damn sure i will call out posters who make BS claims......that would be the SPADE in me.....;)

I think its you who has a "bee in its bonnet", go and have a cool aid and then lets chat again .........as adults.

lol
Nice try, trying to talk down to me, trolling my what, 11 posts that you claim are down ramping AVZ, just show one that down ramps this company…. That’s right, just one! “Been in the company since 7cents, been in the stock market 30 years”…. So what, name one BS claim I’ve made, and while you’re at it name one AVZ down ramp I’ve made! So full of your own importance that when someone else posts different views you went straight into a personal attack, “go and have a cool aid and let’s chat again”…. I don’t think so mate, I’m not interested in talking to people like you, now you go ahead and get the last word in

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Nice try, trying to talk down to me, trolling my what, 11 posts that you claim are down ramping AVZ, just show one that down ramps this company…. That’s right, just one! “Been in the company since 7cents, been in the stock market 30 years”…. So what, name one BS claim I’ve made, and while you’re at it name one AVZ down ramp I’ve made! So full of your own importance that when someone else posts different views you went straight into a personal attack, “go and have a cool aid and let’s chat again”…. I don’t think so mate, I’m not interested in talking to people like you, now you go ahead and get the last word in
genie in a bottle.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

wombat74

Top 20
Looks like it's Bye Bye to you MoneyBags1348 . You got the I Dream of Jeannie farewell . Hooroo

• Haha
  • Love

LOCKY82

Regular
Please don't turn this into hot crapper 🤞🙏👌

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom