AVZ Discussion 2022

BRICK

Regular
drop-the-mic-obama-mic-drop.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CashKing

Regular
And it is much harder to bribe 3 tribunal members than just the 1. AVZ playing smart
Hahhahah well it's gunna cost more for sure...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Rambo

Regular
I am a bit surprised that they will proceed with arbitration. I kind felt like avz would say no.

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Bray

Regular
Why would the ICC allow the possibility of Zinjin picking the arbitrator when that allows them to brown paper bag the whole thing or am I misunderstanding

Reactions: 4 users

bloke383

Regular
I think there are many arbiters to chose from . I don't think Z can pick which one in particular , rather that they have a choice of 1 or a panel of 3 to make a verdict

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Bray

Regular
After rereading it I realise I’ve misread it and Zinjin are requesting 1 arbitrator vs AVZ wanting 3.
This should be a no-brainer for the ICC.

3 arbitrators all saying the same thing - Zinjin are dickheads

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

thorgin

Regular
surely they know they can't win the arbitration (unless ICC is corrupt) so is the whole point of this just to tie us up? if the mining license is being held up waiting for this to be resolved, I feel like the announcement was worded in a way that would allow that. lift suspension after mining license is granted (which might not come til this is cleared up)?

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

thorgin

Regular
tho I guess I kinda skipped over this bit
"there is no change to the anticipated timeframe for the completion of the subject of the initial trading halt request (on or before 1 July 2022)"

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Bray

Regular
That’s the grey area they aren’t really disclosing

Is the ML just undergoing some formality before they issue it, or does the arbitration have to be completed first. (just in case of the 0.00005% chance the ICC rules in favour of said dickheads)

• Thinking

Samus

Top 20
I can't understand why they are going ahead with arbitration. Anyone know the legalities of why they have to entertain this?

• Thinking

Bray

Regular
I can't understand why they are going ahead with arbitration. Anyone know the legalities of why they have to entertain this?
Wouldn’t it just be to entertain Zinjins idea and then once the ICC concludes that Zinjin has no stake in the project they can no longer bring it up in the future causing more issues?

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Samus

Top 20
Wouldn’t it just be to entertain Zinjins idea and then once the ICC concludes that Zinjin has no stake in the project they can no longer bring it up in the future causing more issues?
Hope so, seems risky going ahead if it's optional which seems to be the case going through information that is available regarding arbitration proceedings.

Dopi

Hope so, seems risky going ahead if it's optional which seems to be the case going through information that is available regarding arbitration proceedings.
Hi all,

Maybe AVZ decided to go for the ICC because they assessed it would be faster than processing those claims in DRC?
The fact that it is voluntarily must mean they assessed their chance was near 100%, confirmed by their repeating of the sentence: "The Company has considered Jin Cheng’s claims in detail and considers them to be spurious in nature" in today's announcement.

If we believe in conspiracies , and AVZ shareholders have every right to do so, what if Zijin's goal, as a "state-controlled" entity, was only to delay AVZ entry to the market?
The more I think about that issue, I do not understand how they could win this thing, so why then launch it? If not to delay the project..

Dopi

• Thinking

Remark

Top 20
Hi all,

Maybe AVZ decided to go for the ICC because they assessed it would be faster than processing those claims in DRC?
The fact that it is voluntarily must mean they assessed their chance was near 100%, confirmed by their repeating of the sentence: "The Company has considered Jin Cheng’s claims in detail and considers them to be spurious in nature" in today's announcement.

If we believe in conspiracies , and AVZ shareholders have every right to do so, what if Zijin's goal, as a "state-controlled" entity, was only to delay AVZ entry to the market?
The more I think about that issue, I do not understand how they could win this thing, so why then launch it? If not to delay the project..

Dopi
Watch Zijin drop the proceedings at the last minute.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Bin59

Regular
The way I read it, if you don’t reply the arbitration just goes ahead without you or your input, with just one arbitrator. Better that they replied imo - as I understand it they can’t just say there is no contract with Jin Cheng so therefore no need to reply to the request for arbitration.

1655456875666.jpeg

Reactions: 13 users

wombat74

Top 20
Watch Zijin drop the proceedings at the last minute.
My thinking as well . Zijin thinking they could bully AVZ . AVZ again have basically told Z to go fuck themselves and if they want a fight then bring it on . Z are full of shit and will surrender at the 11 hour . IMO

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Reactions: 10 users

Bin59

Regular
Bit of light reading for a Friday night - just released on HC, the inaugural AVZ Sustainability Report, 85 pages 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Dopi

My thinking as well . Zijin thinking they could bully AVZ . AVZ again have basically told Z to go fuck themselves and if they want a fight then bring it on . Z are full of shit and will surrender at the 11 hour . IMO
Would be great.

And when do you expect that 11 hour to be? Do we have a date?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

thorgin

Regular
The way I read it, if you don’t reply the arbitration just goes ahead without you or your input, with just one arbitrator. Better that they replied imo - as I understand it they can’t just say there is no contract with Jin Cheng so therefore no need to reply to the request for arbitration.

View attachment 9582

"Geico must pay $5.2 million to woman who got HPV from sex in man's insured car, court rules​

An arbitrator and trial court have already sided with the Missouri woman, and the insurance company has "no right to relitigate those issues," according to the appeals court."

Apparently this happened because Geico didn't bother to turn up to arbitration.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom