AVZ Discussion 2022

I noticed Guy Loando's name come up in that article, and on one of the documents in that video. I think he was the lawyer employed to set up the bank they're talking about.
He was part of the AVZ team for a while, does anyone have info on what his role was for AVZ?
I'm guessing he was their go-between for the DRC government?
Mr. Guy Loando is Director of the Company. He is a qualified lawyer based in Kinshasa in the Democratic Republic of Congo . He has significant experience with corporate and legal matters in the DRC, and has recently been involved in executive management roles in the resource sector. Mr Loando has joined the Board as a nominee of AVZs largest shareholder, Dathomir Resources sarl. Mr Loando will assist with liaison with AVZs joint venture partners, as well as liaison with various local, state and federal Government departments as development progresses at the Manono Project.

Source: https://www.macroaxis.com/invest/manager/3A2.F/Guy-Loando

Reactions: 8 users

Samus

Top 20
Don't know if this is old news or not but cominiere contracts with avz can be viewed here:

Reactions: 9 users
The Railway in the DRC for AVZ purposes has challenges depending on how we go with product refinement. If we go to processing on site, then the rail we have now would be sufficient. In exporting processed material, we fall risk to looters along the way and either need to have the goods heavily secured in their wagons and likely security onboard. Secured, locked and potentially alarmed containers would be the go feeding from a satellite in-cab feed. Trains all tracked by GPS (Starlink thanks Elon?) and monitored by a network controller. The controller can identify if a train has not met the waypoint in the case where a train derails (it happens), brakes down, someone is hurt or the rail becomes impassable.

It would be useful to have a hi rail truck (or drone if someone is smart enough) that runs ahead of the train recording track conditions and identifying problems before the train hits to prevent potential derailment at high speeds - a major hazard for the business. I foresee locals attempting to block the rail to stop the train and loot it as being a problem at least once.

A standard gauge rail with higher speed trains is possible, reducing time in transit and risk of loss to looters etc. The track would likely need improvements to be continuously welded.

The system would not be expensive to set up and operate considering our ROI as a business - and would likely reduce insurance premiums for the business. Adjustments would need to be made to the track, it is wide gauge from what I can see and designed for slow, heavy freight.

If we export unrefined, the volume is much obviously much higher. I have not looked at the grades however at a guess would be looking at trains with a maximum of 2000 tonne, if the geography is anything like the steep landscape we have here in NZ is.

I would suggest AVZ go with something similar to the coal wagons where feed is loaded straight onto the wagon and sealed from the top for movement to the refinement location prior to onboarding at port.
There is less danger of small scale theft of feed, it is harder to convert to export grade product so less need for any sort of security onboard. It would make sense still, to have the trains tracked and monitored as this information becomes vital for planning of plant at the refinement center and port loading estimations.

No need to alter rail gauge would be necessary but if the rail is Chinese I would be looking at the rail itself - they have been exporting rail out of China for several years now which has hollow air pockets in it, which when regular heavy loadings pass over them can cause the rail to buckle or dip, increasing potential for derailment or even for trains to move excessively and damaging the consists. We have had that in NZ and just had to re-rail around 30km of dual main track as a result.

In both instances, I would absolutely avoid Chinese locomotives for the DRC - the Chinese locomotives I have dealt with underperform on steep grades, engines overheating during summer (>25C) and unable to climb in the wet where they slip and slide (they are rated for 1250T here but struggle with 1150T). The locomotives we were sent had walls filled with asbestos, which they used as insulation to save on costs at the detriment of staff in the field. When we requested it be removed, rather than teaching our guys how to do it they sent over their own teams from China and paid them less than our minimum wage.

I was waiting for Nigel to confirm the exact route of export (there are still two options on the table if I am not mistaken, Dar Es Salaam and Lubumbashi?) before taking a specific look at the rail and the route. I believe Dar Es Salaam involves a river crossing and makes more sense for on-site refinement, Lubumbashi makes more sense for unrefined. I was thinking the announcement of location of loading would also give me an indication of the intent to refine on site at Manono or not?
Wow! OK so there is a lot to think about. Great post, thank you.

I think for most part they'll be using existing rail infrastructure, as for the trains, they may need to acquire more to ship the quantity of product we require. Be interesting to know the loco of choice in and around DRC in light of your knowledge.

For location of holding and staging, see below:

Screenshot_20220606-102959_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20220606-102941_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Yeh to date in the DFS there are the two chosen transport options, haven't heard anything different I don't believe.

Screenshot_20220503-133814_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Reactions: 5 users

Samus

Top 20
Yeh and no mention of Zijin aye. Twitter is so obsessed with RCCM for some reason 🤷🏻🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
I've not tried to translate yet but I'm seeing a bit too much of Dathomir for my liking though. :unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Remark

Top 20
" I hate the quiet. I fuckin’ hate it...."

Quote from an old Australian film called Idiot Box. Seems relevant to AVZ at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

JAG

Top 20
1654487277365.png

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Rediah

Regular
1977beba425529cbbba9152e15c2bf69.jpg

" I hate the quiet. I fuckin’ hate it...."

Quote from an old Australian film called Idiot Box. Seems relevant to AVZ at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Thaz

Regular
The Railway in the DRC for AVZ purposes has challenges depending on how we go with product refinement. If we go to processing on site, then the rail we have now would be sufficient. In exporting processed material, we fall risk to looters along the way and either need to have the goods heavily secured in their wagons and likely security onboard. Secured, locked and potentially alarmed containers would be the go feeding from a satellite in-cab feed. Trains all tracked by GPS (Starlink thanks Elon?) and monitored by a network controller. The controller can identify if a train has not met the waypoint in the case where a train derails (it happens), brakes down, someone is hurt or the rail becomes impassable.

It would be useful to have a hi rail truck (or drone if someone is smart enough) that runs ahead of the train recording track conditions and identifying problems before the train hits to prevent potential derailment at high speeds - a major hazard for the business. I foresee locals attempting to block the rail to stop the train and loot it as being a problem at least once.

A standard gauge rail with higher speed trains is possible, reducing time in transit and risk of loss to looters etc. The track would likely need improvements to be continuously welded.

The system would not be expensive to set up and operate considering our ROI as a business - and would likely reduce insurance premiums for the business. Adjustments would need to be made to the track, it is wide gauge from what I can see and designed for slow, heavy freight.

If we export unrefined, the volume is much obviously much higher. I have not looked at the grades however at a guess would be looking at trains with a maximum of 2000 tonne, if the geography is anything like the steep landscape we have here in NZ is.

I would suggest AVZ go with something similar to the coal wagons where feed is loaded straight onto the wagon and sealed from the top for movement to the refinement location prior to onboarding at port.
There is less danger of small scale theft of feed, it is harder to convert to export grade product so less need for any sort of security onboard. It would make sense still, to have the trains tracked and monitored as this information becomes vital for planning of plant at the refinement center and port loading estimations.

No need to alter rail gauge would be necessary but if the rail is Chinese I would be looking at the rail itself - they have been exporting rail out of China for several years now which has hollow air pockets in it, which when regular heavy loadings pass over them can cause the rail to buckle or dip, increasing potential for derailment or even for trains to move excessively and damaging the consists. We have had that in NZ and just had to re-rail around 30km of dual main track as a result.

In both instances, I would absolutely avoid Chinese locomotives for the DRC - the Chinese locomotives I have dealt with underperform on steep grades, engines overheating during summer (>25C) and unable to climb in the wet where they slip and slide (they are rated for 1250T here but struggle with 1150T). The locomotives we were sent had walls filled with asbestos, which they used as insulation to save on costs at the detriment of staff in the field. When we requested it be removed, rather than teaching our guys how to do it they sent over their own teams from China and paid them less than our minimum wage.

I was waiting for Nigel to confirm the exact route of export (there are still two options on the table if I am not mistaken, Dar Es Salaam and Lubumbashi?) before taking a specific look at the rail and the route. I believe Dar Es Salaam involves a river crossing and makes more sense for on-site refinement, Lubumbashi makes more sense for unrefined. I was thinking the announcement of location of loading would also give me an indication of the intent to refine on site at Manono or not?
Amazing detailed and in-depth response. Appreciate sharing your thoughts. I'm sure that AVZ would have engaged their own consultant for transport that would have considered these issues as well.

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Twitter very quiet the past 24 hours - not many AVZ related posts at all. The trolls are exhausted, apart from Geist and his multiple personalities

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Remark

Top 20
Twitter very quiet the past 24 hours - not many AVZ related posts at all. The trolls are exhausted, apart from Geist and his multiple personalities

Very quiet indeed. I had a look at HC & it's just Davy Boy repeating the same old drivel 🤮 and lots of moderation.

• Haha

CHB

Regular
Only so much regurgitation of the same info given how long suspension has been now I guess

• Haha

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Until now the trolls have been operating under a classic method best described as "if you haven't heard a rumour by noon, make one up"

• Haha

JAG

Top 20
1654496701253.png

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

JAG

Top 20
1654496752137.png

Reactions: 17 users

JAG

Top 20

• Wow
Dropped 20min ago.

Reactions: 7 users

Hemicuda

Regular
Any one translate?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
Any translation or whats the gist of it? subtitles didnt work for me.
Hey mate, switch your browser to "desktop site" if on mobile. What browser you using?

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom