AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
have I missed anything decent on the crapper in the last week?

I just can't be bothered even reading it at all until our ducks are back in line
Apart from what Sammy said nothing mate… Ohh wait up 😂 7 new threads with trolls galore etc etc same old shit, Mods Modding actual facts and long term posters but let the trolls post whatever they like all day and night…. Apart from that you are up to date 👍

GLTAH

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Frank

Top 20
Not sure if this was posted previously, but can anyone provide a copy of the minutes from this meeting please. TIA

#DRC 03.06.2022|#CitéUA

The Head of State, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, chaired the 56th Meeting of the Council of Ministers by videoconference.

The report will be made in the late afternoon by the government spokesman.

*Fyi, Just goes to show Felix can & will do something if you piss him off when it comes to breaking DRC Laws in the Mining Industry, as

Felix Tshisekedi calls for sanctions against those who break the law

During the Council of Ministers on June 3, the President of the Republic ordered the regulatory authority for subcontracting in the private sector (ARSP) to carry out, as of next week, a rigorous control of the activities ordered by the companies and to apply, if necessary, the ultimate sanction of temporary administrative closure, of any recalcitrant company, in accordance with article 28 of the law on subcontracting.

*The decision of the President of the Republic is based on the difficulties noted in the various reports on the implementation of the law on subcontracting, where resistance has been observed from certain ordering companies, mainly in the mining industry.

In addition, Félix Tshisekedi said that despite an increase in the rate of access to the subcontracting market (According to statistics for the last two years) this increase seems to be purely numerical and does not translate into volume of business entrusted to subcontractors with Congolese capital.

Consequently, the Head of State invited all the authorities concerned by the implementation of this sanction, in particular the Governor, to collaborate, each within the limits of their competences, with the judicial authorities and to establish a synergy allowing to the ARSP to accomplish its missions, in order to ensure the promotion of companies with Congolese capital and to bring out a middle class in the DRC.

www.mediacongo.net

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20
Hey @Cashcity just wondering if what you may or may not have heard relates more to zijin or Dathomir?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

CashKing

Regular
Hey @Cashcity just wondering if what you may or may not have heard relates more to zijin or Dathomir?
Unfortunately nothing more than Z will squashed like I said.

Let’s see that happen first 👍

Only a few sleep to go hopefully 😆

GLTAH

AIMO 😉

Reactions: 20 users

Samus

Top 20

GLTAH

AIMO 😉
One thing is for sure, I hope when all this is over they rename the company to something else other than Dathcom...

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Spikerama

Regular
One thing is for sure, I hope when all this is over they rename the company to something else other than Dathcom...

Wasn't Dathomir a planet from Star Wars?

• Haha
  • Thinking

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha

Dijon101

Regular
dagobah where yoda hid from vadar
dagobar where lots of italians go to drink......

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

Our firm commitment to the fight against the squandering of public funds is now irreversible through the establishment of the financial patrol initiated by the IGF. The implementation of good governance including the President of the Rep. is initiator.

I agree with what others have said, you are a brave man. Your actions will benefit the people of the DRC for generations to come. The investigation of Zijin's illegal actions regarding Manono is a great job.

That thread has a lot of replies and retweets - has generated quite a bit interest (not so much for AVZX, but Jules certainly has a profile)

Reactions: 9 users
They should rename it DarthCom 😆

dance vader GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

TheCount

Regular

GLTAH

AIMO 😉
In Cashcity we trust. . . . . . . . . . .

31e131ec2e2b9d2de85f127b671dd6a2.gif

TC.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
*Fyi, Just goes to show Felix can & will do something if you piss him off when it comes to breaking DRC Laws in the Mining Industry, as

Felix Tshisekedi calls for sanctions against those who break the law

During the Council of Ministers on June 3, the President of the Republic ordered the regulatory authority for subcontracting in the private sector (ARSP) to carry out, as of next week, a rigorous control of the activities ordered by the companies and to apply, if necessary, the ultimate sanction of temporary administrative closure, of any recalcitrant company, in accordance with article 28 of the law on subcontracting.

*The decision of the President of the Republic is based on the difficulties noted in the various reports on the implementation of the law on subcontracting, where resistance has been observed from certain ordering companies, mainly in the mining industry.

In addition, Félix Tshisekedi said that despite an increase in the rate of access to the subcontracting market (According to statistics for the last two years) this increase seems to be purely numerical and does not translate into volume of business entrusted to subcontractors with Congolese capital.

Consequently, the Head of State invited all the authorities concerned by the implementation of this sanction, in particular the Governor, to collaborate, each within the limits of their competences, with the judicial authorities and to establish a synergy allowing to the ARSP to accomplish its missions, in order to ensure the promotion of companies with Congolese capital and to bring out a middle class in the DRC.

www.mediacongo.net
I heard this on the playback of UIVEZ LE COMPTE RENDU DE LA 56e REUNION DE CONSEIL DES MINISTRES that Sammy posted.
I wondered, in the Congo do they differentiate between contractors and partners - such as in Manono, we would be partnering with the DRC but for translation matters or simply how their system work, would AVZ be considered as a contractor?

I ask, because if this be the case, it may be a targeted crack down on mining assets for which have largely been unproductive in the past decade for the DRC. Perhaps a wider crackdown on Zijin, Sicomines and others that are either confirmed to be or potentially connected to the Kabila family.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...-role-in-kabila-s-congo-looting?sref=cSNCSFCz - an outstanding 17 minute video 1/3 of the way down the page to watch to understand the types of people Felix is challenged by. Imagine being able to obtain 40% ownership of a bank without paying a cent? The video details the Kabila - Chinese connections which perhaps is who we are tangling with.

The video has opened my eyes considerably. I have obtained the video if anyone cannot view it however the video file is 87mb.

Reactions: 20 users
I heard this on the playback of UIVEZ LE COMPTE RENDU DE LA 56e REUNION DE CONSEIL DES MINISTRES that Sammy posted.
I wondered, in the Congo do they differentiate between contractors and partners - such as in Manono, we would be partnering with the DRC but for translation matters or simply how their system work, would AVZ be considered as a contractor?

I ask, because if this be the case, it may be a targeted crack down on mining assets for which have largely been unproductive in the past decade for the DRC. Perhaps a wider crackdown on Zijin, Sicomines and others that are either confirmed to be or potentially connected to the Kabila family.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...-role-in-kabila-s-congo-looting?sref=cSNCSFCz - an outstanding 17 minute video 1/3 of the way down the page to watch to understand the types of people Felix is challenged by. Imagine being able to obtain 40% ownership of a bank without paying a cent? The video details the Kabila - Chinese connections which perhaps is who we are tangling with.

The video has opened my eyes considerably. I have obtained the video if anyone cannot view it however the video file is 87mb.
Hey mate, I posted the video here a few weeks ago!

Absolutely mind boggling ain't it 😵‍💫

• Wow
  • Love

DRC: Congo is booming metals for the transition to green lenergy

5 Jun 2022

Approximately 500 mining permits are at an advanced stage of development and will soon lead to new projects for lithium and cobalt of battery metals that power the electric vehicle revolution. While copper, tin, tantal and tungsten mines will also be built, said Jean Felix Mupande during the Congolese mine week in Lubumbashi.

Essential exploration has been done and the readability of prefaisability has already been prepared or is completed in the form of the final feasibility study, Mupande said on Thursday.

The Director of the Mining cadastre stated that a number of lithium deposits were being expanded in the south-eastern Congo. C’is where the Australian company AVZ Minerals Ltd. awaits a final permit for its Manono project, considered the world's largest discovery of hard hard rock lithium.

There will also be new oil, tantal and tungsten ore mines around the standard mine project of the Alphamin Resources Corp. listed in Toronto and Johannesburg, in the Congo, he added.

However, the lack of funding remains the heel of local lineliness Wages Felix Mupande. He called on small mining operators to join Congolese who also aspire to become large mining operators, who have a permit, with which they can sassor on some more promising perspectives, to develop new assets.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey mate, I posted the video here a few weeks ago!

Absolutely mind boggling ain't it 😵‍💫

My focus is far too broad (from the Pilbara Goldfields to breast scanning in American hospitals to commercial ocean based fishing), I am an armature compared to most of you here on congolese politics and economics. My background is heavily around rail networks and security planning.

The Huayou debacle a few years ago and now the dramas handed to us in relation to Zijin are encouraging me to refocus - enough so that I am looking into learning French to get through documents and videos faster.

It is mind boggling enough for me to change my learning focus. You beat me to it posting the video and I am not surprised, awesome.

Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 1612

GLTAH

AIMO 😉
As much as your intel has given me some relief Cash; it also has me back at my ‘refresh every 5 minutes’ pattern… lol… happy to say though, it’s been at least 7 days since I’ve been on HC. I don’t even bother any more!! Hopefully we get some good news this week and get back to trading!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
my focus is far too broad, I am an armature compared to most of you here. My background is heavily around rail networks and security planning.
The Huayou debacle a few years ago and now the dramas handed to us in relation to Zijin are encouraging me to refocus - enough so that I am looking into learning French to get through documents and videos faster.

It is mind boggling enough for me to change my learning focus. You beat me to it posting the video and I am not surprised, awesome.
Yeh mate, we have a good collective of fellow researchers here that post a vast amount of new information so stuff easily gets missed!

I stumbled on that article/video whilst searching for some key words and was astounded by what they uncovered and how deep his family connections go. I hope Felix can get to the bottom of it, but it will also be interesting to see what happens later this year during the election.

Your background seems interesting, with a skill set such as that, where do you find the most work? How does the rail network around DRC etc fair in your view, if you know?

Reactions: 5 users

Azzler

Top 20
I noticed Guy Loando's name come up in that article, and on one of the documents in that video. I think he was the lawyer employed to set up the bank they're talking about.
He was part of the AVZ team for a while, does anyone have info on what his role was for AVZ?
I'm guessing he was their go-between for the DRC government?

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Samus

Top 20
Found this interview of some cominiere official speaking about lithium. Nothing too insightful about our situation however.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeh mate, we have a good collective of fellow researchers here that post a vast amount of new information so stuff easily gets missed!

I stumbled on that article/video whilst searching for some key words and was astounded by what they uncovered and how deep his family connections go. I hope Felix can get to the bottom of it, but it will also be interesting to see what happens later this year during the election.

Your background seems interesting, with a skill set such as that, where do you find the most work? How does the rail network around DRC etc fair in your view, if you know?
The Railway in the DRC for AVZ purposes has challenges depending on how we go with product refinement. If we go to processing on site, then the rail we have now would be sufficient. In exporting processed material, we fall risk to looters along the way and either need to have the goods heavily secured in their wagons and likely security onboard. Secured, locked and potentially alarmed containers would be the go feeding from a satellite in-cab feed. Trains all tracked by GPS (Starlink thanks Elon?) and monitored by a network controller. The controller can identify if a train has not met the waypoint in the case where a train derails (it happens), brakes down, someone is hurt or the rail becomes impassable.

It would be useful to have a hi rail truck (or drone if someone is smart enough) that runs ahead of the train recording track conditions and identifying problems before the train hits to prevent potential derailment at high speeds - a major hazard for the business. I foresee locals attempting to block the rail to stop the train and loot it as being a problem at least once.

A standard gauge rail with higher speed trains is possible, reducing time in transit and risk of loss to looters etc. The track would likely need improvements to be continuously welded.

The system would not be expensive to set up and operate considering our ROI as a business - and would likely reduce insurance premiums for the business. Adjustments would need to be made to the track, it is wide gauge from what I can see and designed for slow, heavy freight.

If we export unrefined, the volume is much obviously much higher. I have not looked at the grades however at a guess would be looking at trains with a maximum of 2000 tonne, if the geography is anything like the steep landscape we have here in NZ is.

I would suggest AVZ go with something similar to the coal wagons where feed is loaded straight onto the wagon and sealed from the top for movement to the refinement location prior to onboarding at port.
There is less danger of small scale theft of feed, it is harder to convert to export grade product so less need for any sort of security onboard. It would make sense still, to have the trains tracked and monitored as this information becomes vital for planning of plant at the refinement center and port loading estimations.

No need to alter rail gauge would be necessary but if the rail is Chinese I would be looking at the rail itself - they have been exporting rail out of China for several years now which has hollow air pockets in it, which when regular heavy loadings pass over them can cause the rail to buckle or dip, increasing potential for derailment or even for trains to move excessively and damaging the consists. We have had that in NZ and just had to re-rail around 30km of dual main track as a result.

In both instances, I would absolutely avoid Chinese locomotives for the DRC - the Chinese locomotives I have dealt with underperform on steep grades, engines overheating during summer (>25C) and unable to climb in the wet where they slip and slide (they are rated for 1250T here but struggle with 1150T). The locomotives we were sent had walls filled with asbestos, which they used as insulation to save on costs at the detriment of staff in the field. When we requested it be removed, rather than teaching our guys how to do it they sent over their own teams from China and paid them less than our minimum wage.

I was waiting for Nigel to confirm the exact route of export (there are still two options on the table if I am not mistaken, Dar Es Salaam and Lubumbashi?) before taking a specific look at the rail and the route. I believe Dar Es Salaam involves a river crossing and makes more sense for on-site refinement, Lubumbashi makes more sense for unrefined. I was thinking the announcement of location of loading would also give me an indication of the intent to refine on site at Manono or not?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom