AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
I looked for his posts but couldnt find any, is he gone already ?

lol
Just a sad ass lurker going around liking any posts that can be perceived as negative. :poop:
Liked my post: https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/avz-discussion-2022.78/post-79560

tosspot.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Frank

Top 20
Like i said before, we all knew that DRC had sovereign risk, but the systematic corruption in the Kabila era is just mind blowing to the extreme.!!

Clearly, Kabila and corrupt associates have sold out their own people for their exclusive gain, so i hope very much that Felix holds those bastards to account and prosecutes them to the FULL extent of the LAW. !

One would also like to assume that Felix is very much aware of China and its true motives in the country , and holds the various coy to account for their corrupt activities in the past and make them pay restitution for the loss of income and / or, boot them out of the country.

Its probably just a dream , but this article riles me big time, much the same way as Meghan Markle greased her way up the corporate ladder, or should i say, greased her way into the royal heirachy then cried foul she was bullied and harrassed, when indeed, it was the other way around.........:mad::eek:😈

Dont get me started on Putin , Xi, rocket man or Amber Heard for that matter either.....:mad::ninja:👺

I wonder what ROBIN HOOD would do in those situations........

View attachment 8563

👍👍👍👍👍

imo

What i find "Mind Blowing" B is the fact that ( Kabila ) is a Free Man atm, with plenty of Political Sympathisers running around causing mischief on the sidelines instead of being locked up or waiting trial for the massive amounts of Fraud & Corruption that happened during his Presidency, under his watch, that he was a part of ffs !!!

Katumbi-Kabila rapprochement: political unrest?

The debate on the probable rapprochement between Moïse Katumbi and Joseph Kabila, two emblematic figures of Congolese politics who have been at war for at least 8 years, continues to gain ground in public opinion.

Even if the two leaders have not yet spoken after their meeting in Lubumbashi on Sunday May 22, 2022, opinions are still divided among their activists and political sympathizers.

In the Union for Democracy and Social Progress (UDPS), the ruling party, the Katumbi-Kabila rapprochement is only a "panic".

According to Bernard Kambale, spokesperson for the UDPS and the Sacred Union of the Nation in the city of Beni, the two political leaders were together for more than 10 years but were defeated by Etienne's party. Tshisekedi.

“We call it panic, we don't see a coalition there. Because the fact for Joseph Kabila and Moïse Katumbi to meet is a coalition. They were together for over 10 years but we managed to break them up. The assessment that we have shown is that the Congo is living these days, that is what makes this side of those who call themselves opposition agitate.

Even the population cannot understand seeing a gentleman like Marin Fayulu, a gentleman like Kabila, Katumbi on the same table. The father of democracy [Étienne Tshisekedi], may he rest in peace said it, once the UDPS is in power, there will be no organized opposition...”.

For the People's Party for Reconstruction and Democracy (PPRD), so far there has been no alliance between the PPRD and other opposition political parties. According to Hussein Nembongo, PPRD communicator in Beni, the actions carried out these days with other opposition parties aim to save the country which is sinking.

“We are all from the opposition. ECID in opposition, PPRD in opposition and other political parties in opposition. This means that on certain political points we come together. And if it is necessary to carry out political actions in this direction, we carry them out in consultation. But so far there is no formal alliance between us and the other political parties. But it must be said that in politics, everything is possible and we do not know the future. It should also be added that the PPRD, which has a management record, has left peace intact and united.

Today we are really the base of the standard bearer for the defense of the people and the achievements of the management of Joseph Kabila are visible not like those who manage the country without any policy of anticipation”, he declared.

A community affair, not an individual one

For Ensemble pour la République, a party dear to Moïse Katumbi, what happened recently [meeting Kabila-Katumbi] in Lubumbashi was a matter for the community and not for individuals. Kakule Saasita, coordinator of this party in North Kivu province, rejects what he calls a "rumor" and the "false marriage" between the former Congolese president and the former governor of Katanga.

“This marriage often sung by certain politicians is a fake. It's just a rumour. There was no reconciliation…”. He adds that their party is showing strategies to win the next elections.

It should be noted that for some time there has been a rapprochement between certain political leaders in the DRC, as a prelude to the elections scheduled for 2023.

2023 elections: "Joseph Kabila is constitutionally ineligible" (André Mbata)

Before the press this Saturday in Kinshasa, André Mbata affirmed that in 2023, the former Head of State, Joseph Kabila Kabange, "is struck by constitutional ineligibility, according to article 220, which stipulates that the intangible provisions are not subject to any modification, in particular the mandate of the Head of State”.

"Which means that Joseph Kabila is ineligible in the current context, unless reborn under a new identity", he said, contradicting several faithful to Joseph Kabila who puts in the public square the debate on the possibility for the Honorary President of the Republic to stand as a candidate in 2023.

The first vice-president of the office of the National Assembly also asked the party of Joseph Kabila and his political grouping to "organize to prepare another candidate".

In a strategic meeting in the past months, Joseph Kabila, who has become active in his party, the PPRD, called on his lieutenants to organize themselves for the organization of the congress in June.

Caciques ( local political boss) of his Party swear by his representation in the presidential election of 2023.

www.mediacongo.net/

#Hmmm.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20
I think they need you in the DRC & Ukraine atm Wombat (y)

*In other News,

To remind,

The U.S., too, knows the importance of Africa.

General Stephen Townsend, AFRICOM commander, told the House Appropriations Committee in April, "Africa possesses vast untapped energy deposits … (needed to) transition to clean energy, including mobile phones, jet engines, electric hybrid vehicles and missile guidance systems."

"The winners and losers of the 21st century global economy may be determined by whether these resources are available in an open and transparent marketplace or are inaccessible due to predatory practices of competitors," he added.

And while some of the key components for EVs come from Africa, the market for the finished product – made overseas – is still minuscule on the continent.

The mines provide jobs, but critics say locals don't see enough trickle-down from the multimillion-dollar projects.

Last year, Congolese President Félix Tshisekedi said that people living in areas with mines were "still languishing in misery," while foreign multinationals prospered.

He launched a review of his predecessor's "minerals-for-infrastructure" contracts with Chinese mining companies.

*Fyi, Fwiw

After reading that Zijin has only put a deposit down on the 15% of 5M
I do not think they have a strong case at all, the transaction has not
completed in essence and they do not and cannot have title to the shares.
Aside from other aspects of the case as well AVZ should be alright
We can stay calm until the end of suspension.

Kutyak​

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

JAG

Top 20
1654414425247.png

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

Bin59

Regular
Not sure if this was posted previously, but can anyone provide a copy of the minutes from this meeting please. TIA

#DRC 03.06.2022|#CitéUA

The Head of State, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, chaired the 56th Meeting of the Council of Ministers by videoconference.

The report will be made in the late afternoon by the government spokesman.

Samus

Top 20
Not sure if this was posted previously, but can anyone provide a copy of the minutes from this meeting please. TIA

#DRC 03.06.2022|#CitéUA

The Head of State, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, chaired the 56th Meeting of the Council of Ministers by videoconference.

The report will be made in the late afternoon by the government spokesman.

The summary is usually available earlier from:

Can be translated: Auto translate French subtitles to English.

I watched it yesterday, unfortunately nothing directly related to us again. Not to say something might not be indirectly related, the dodgy auto translation only gives you a basic understanding of what is being said.

Minutes are here when they become available: https://www.primature.cd/public/document-category/comptes-rendus/

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Bin59

Regular
The summary is usually available earlier from:

Can be translated: Auto translate French subtitles to English.

I watched it yesterday, unfortunately nothing directly related to us again. Not to say something might not be indirectly related, the dodgy auto translation only gives you a basic understanding of what is being said.

Minutes are here when they become available: https://www.primature.cd/public/document-category/comptes-rendus/

Thanks Sammael 😊

Reactions: 3 users

Bin59

Regular
Not sure how I change the translation to English - this is the menu I’m seeing

1654417152186.jpeg

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Samus

Top 20
Not sure how I change the translation to English - this is the menu I’m seeing

View attachment 8573
Can only be done on a pc, not mobile.
sub.jpg

Then Auto-translate: English

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Bin59

Regular

BEISHA

Top 20
What i find "Mind Blowing" B is the fact that ( Kabila ) is a Free Man atm, with plenty of Political Sympathisers running around causing mischief on the sidelines instead of being locked up or waiting trial for the massive amounts of Fraud & Corruption that happened during his Presidency, under his watch, that he was a part of ffs !!!

Katumbi-Kabila rapprochement: political unrest?

The debate on the probable rapprochement between Moïse Katumbi and Joseph Kabila, two emblematic figures of Congolese politics who have been at war for at least 8 years, continues to gain ground in public opinion.

Even if the two leaders have not yet spoken after their meeting in Lubumbashi on Sunday May 22, 2022, opinions are still divided among their activists and political sympathizers.

In the Union for Democracy and Social Progress (UDPS), the ruling party, the Katumbi-Kabila rapprochement is only a "panic".

According to Bernard Kambale, spokesperson for the UDPS and the Sacred Union of the Nation in the city of Beni, the two political leaders were together for more than 10 years but were defeated by Etienne's party. Tshisekedi.

“We call it panic, we don't see a coalition there. Because the fact for Joseph Kabila and Moïse Katumbi to meet is a coalition. They were together for over 10 years but we managed to break them up. The assessment that we have shown is that the Congo is living these days, that is what makes this side of those who call themselves opposition agitate.

Even the population cannot understand seeing a gentleman like Marin Fayulu, a gentleman like Kabila, Katumbi on the same table. The father of democracy [Étienne Tshisekedi], may he rest in peace said it, once the UDPS is in power, there will be no organized opposition...”.

For the People's Party for Reconstruction and Democracy (PPRD), so far there has been no alliance between the PPRD and other opposition political parties. According to Hussein Nembongo, PPRD communicator in Beni, the actions carried out these days with other opposition parties aim to save the country which is sinking.

“We are all from the opposition. ECID in opposition, PPRD in opposition and other political parties in opposition. This means that on certain political points we come together. And if it is necessary to carry out political actions in this direction, we carry them out in consultation. But so far there is no formal alliance between us and the other political parties. But it must be said that in politics, everything is possible and we do not know the future. It should also be added that the PPRD, which has a management record, has left peace intact and united.

Today we are really the base of the standard bearer for the defense of the people and the achievements of the management of Joseph Kabila are visible not like those who manage the country without any policy of anticipation”, he declared.

A community affair, not an individual one

For Ensemble pour la République, a party dear to Moïse Katumbi, what happened recently [meeting Kabila-Katumbi] in Lubumbashi was a matter for the community and not for individuals. Kakule Saasita, coordinator of this party in North Kivu province, rejects what he calls a "rumor" and the "false marriage" between the former Congolese president and the former governor of Katanga.

“This marriage often sung by certain politicians is a fake. It's just a rumour. There was no reconciliation…”. He adds that their party is showing strategies to win the next elections.

It should be noted that for some time there has been a rapprochement between certain political leaders in the DRC, as a prelude to the elections scheduled for 2023.

2023 elections: "Joseph Kabila is constitutionally ineligible" (André Mbata)

Before the press this Saturday in Kinshasa, André Mbata affirmed that in 2023, the former Head of State, Joseph Kabila Kabange, "is struck by constitutional ineligibility, according to article 220, which stipulates that the intangible provisions are not subject to any modification, in particular the mandate of the Head of State”.

"Which means that Joseph Kabila is ineligible in the current context, unless reborn under a new identity", he said, contradicting several faithful to Joseph Kabila who puts in the public square the debate on the possibility for the Honorary President of the Republic to stand as a candidate in 2023.

The first vice-president of the office of the National Assembly also asked the party of Joseph Kabila and his political grouping to "organize to prepare another candidate".

In a strategic meeting in the past months, Joseph Kabila, who has become active in his party, the PPRD, called on his lieutenants to organize themselves for the organization of the congress in June.

Caciques ( local political boss) of his Party swear by his representation in the presidential election of 2023.

www.mediacongo.net/

View attachment 8567
Completely mind blowing Frank, how on earth Kabila can continue to manipulate in any regard is unbelievable.

GDP of WA , one of the most resource rich states in the world is $360 Billion as at 2020/2021, DRC GDP is $46 Billion, almost 10 times less , its debatable that DRC is potentially more resource rich , China has been extracting resources from their ground for over 30 years and yet, DRC common people are STILL in the POVERTY CYCLE !!

One can only hope that with Felix investigating past deals , that he highlights the corruption and the stealth of lost fortunes via Kabila / Cong and opens the eye of the public before the next election in 2023.

Surely that reverberates and allows Felix to retain power and continue his quest to provide a better life for his people going forward.

DRC cannot afford the likes of Kabila or his henchman to over turn the present govt, or it will be GROUNDHOG day and set back the ambitions for a better life , for good.

No foreign country except China, would set foot in the place.

imo

Reactions: 13 users

Bin59

Regular
Some good news for DRC

Without making much noise, H.E.

@Antoinettensamb

Minister of Mines ensures, and remains, a major player in the realisation of the 2022 surplus budget alongside jeweller H.E.

@Nskazadi

Thank you UDPS

@AugustinKabuyaT

@J_SHABANI_Lukoo

Reactions: 9 users

Bin59

Regular
There was an expected budget deficit to 2021, however the surplus in 2022 shows that change is happening under the new government.

From a 2019 Fitch Solutions report:

“We believe that the Congolese fiscal deficit will remain on a widening trend between 2019 and 2021 due to declining revenues from the vital mining sector. The Congolese mining sector has a major bearing on government revenues. It accounted for around 36.0% of total government revenues in 2018. Though a major increase in the scale of taxes on the mining sector contributed to more than double mining revenues in 2018, the sector is facing severe challenges in the coming quarters (see ‘Disruption To Mining Sector To Worsen Congolese External Accounts’, October 21).

Over our forecast period to 2028, we expect that the fiscal balance will remain in small deficit, exposed to fluctuations in the mining sector and metals prices. In the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the government’s weak hold on the legislature and its lack of direct territorial control over large parts of the country will prevent meaningful fiscal reforms, thus hindering a significant broadening of the tax base.”

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Ah I see, thanks
Switch your browser to use "desktop site" if on mobile. Works for me on YouTube.

Note the below from DuckDuckGo browser. Possibly the best browser to use 😉

Screenshot_20220605-202427_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20220605-201911_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Bin59

Regular
Thanks Sammy, I’ll give it a go 👍

Reactions: 1 users

Samus

Top 20

Our firm commitment to the fight against the squandering of public funds is now irreversible through the establishment of the financial patrol initiated by the IGF. The implementation of good governance including the President of the Rep. is initiator.

I agree with what others have said, you are a brave man. Your actions will benefit the people of the DRC for generations to come. The investigation of Zijin's illegal actions regarding Manono is a great job.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
Thanks Sammy, I’ll give it a go 👍
If you have any issues or questions feel free to drop a question here, or direct msg 👍

Samus

Top 20
have I missed anything decent on the crapper in the last week?

I just can't be bothered even reading it at all until our ducks are back in line
Only this:
THE FUTURE OF AFRICA DEPENDS ON THE CONGO

Frank

Top 20
Completely mind blowing Frank, how on earth Kabila can continue to manipulate in any regard is unbelievable.

GDP of WA , one of the most resource rich states in the world is $360 Billion as at 2020/2021, DRC GDP is $46 Billion, almost 10 times less , its debatable that DRC is potentially more resource rich , China has been extracting resources from their ground for over 30 years and yet, DRC common people are STILL in the POVERTY CYCLE !!

One can only hope that with Felix investigating past deals , that he highlights the corruption and the stealth of lost fortunes via Kabila / Cong and opens the eye of the public before the next election in 2023.

Surely that reverberates and allows Felix to retain power and continue his quest to provide a better life for his people going forward.

DRC cannot afford the likes of Kabila or his henchman to over turn the present govt, or it will be GROUNDHOG day and set back the ambitions for a better life , for good.

No foreign country except China, would set foot in the place.

imo
*Ditto, Fyi, It's No wonder the "Poor People" of the DRC are still stuck in a Rut ( a habit or pattern of behaviour that has become dull and unproductive but is hard to change ) when

Kasumbalesa-Kolwezi traffic jams: a weapon of ransom

1654433527306.png

On the Kasumbalesa-Kolwezi section, civil servants and state agents intentionally cause huge heavy truck traffic jams.

It sometimes takes 7-10 days for a truck to be allowed to cross the border in either direction.

Weakened, the carriers have no choice but to grease the hand of crooked officials.

Thus, they hope that these will speed up the administrative procedures.

Indeed, this practice of bribes causes the Treasury to lose a lot of money, but at the same time, it harms the good business climate.

The ordeal of the truck drivers does not stop at the low maneuvers of the State agents in charge of the formalities of the entry or the exit of the goods of the national territory.

They still have to face several pitfalls on this strategic road of nearly 591 kilometers which goes from Kasumbalesa in Haut-Katanga to Kolwezi in the neighboring province of Lualaba.

A multitude of illegal barriers are erected along the route.

At these illegal checkpoints, drivers must show their credentials, leaving green tickets here and there.

There can be up to 6 barriers where poor drivers must leave a minimum of 100 US dollars.

The mafia, but not only

Truck drivers are not only victims of this mafia system set up by state officials.

Organized bands of delinquents harass them day and night.

This ranges from petty theft to systematic looting of shipments.

Their reservoirs are regularly siphoned off.

Their food rations are also disappearing, but this can go as far as the theft of all the goods transported by these behemoths of the road.

The police patrols that should secure them are not visible despite repeated promises from the authorities of the two provinces concerned.

If we take into account the toll charges deemed exaggerated by civil society, the Kasumbalesa-Kolwezi routing is a real budget eater, in addition to being an obstacle course.

Those who do this route realize that the spectacle is the same every day. Corks of nearly 50 kilometers formed by hundreds of long-haul trucks loaded with inputs necessary for the operation of the heavy mining industry of the hinterland are part of the ordinary landscape.

They also transport basic necessities and goods of all kinds.

Greater Katanga, which produces practically nothing, imports almost everything from Southern Africa. This ranges from food to needles, including matchboxes.

The same journey, the same pitfalls

On the way back, these trucks are loaded to the brim with worked ores or crude copper and cobalt.

Drivers still have to submit to the whims of officials. Moreover, they are at the same time at the mercy of bandits of various sizes.

The civil society statement published recently indicates that “this situation linked to the slowness of customs formalities maintained and encouraged by customs and immigration agents, favors smuggling, illegal arrangements or the payment of bribes, wine to various state agents, thus creating corrupt practices to the detriment of the public treasury”.

Civil society estimates that 75 percent of state money goes into the pockets of individuals. To promote these decried practices, these agents and their accomplices do not put any rigor in the chain of receipts. As is done for that of public expenditure. This facilitates the embezzlement of state funds.

For Civil Society, it is imperative to put an end to the impunity of State agents, because they confuse the public treasury with their personal financial assets.

This civic organization suggests that the Minister of Finance sanction all the officials of the customs services involved in this cleverly maintained harassment.

www.mediacongo.net

#Pickle.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom