AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular

That’s more refreshing than JAGS swim today 😂

We got this 👍 , the little hiccup will be squashed by next week I heard then it’s on with business as usual…

Manono is the biggest and best grade…

BFS will amaze you all 😀

Mark My words ✅

GLTAH

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
The zijin grab bolsters the (mostly) international opinion of the Chinese as being selfish, and somewhat deceitful.
The rules of engagement have somewhat evolved from the historic benchmarks of loose agreements, brown bags and snacks, to becoming globally relevant and worthy of political considerations. Zinjin knows they are relying on validation from dodgy old paperwork, and are determined to find a judicial supporter, anywhere.
Got to be in, to win- I guess...

Some were making money or increasing holdings by perpetuating doubt through socials, however, also unintentionally increasing awareness of the projects and region to the masses. Everyone is somewhat aware that electricity/batteries will take over, now the curious are looking deeper into where and how.

Africa, including DRC, is wanting to release the mineral worth, and become a global player. Keeping 'by the book', forming healthy alliances and making clear, firm decisions while under merciless international scrutiny, is paramount.

Global sustainability is ever present in mainstream media, as is poverty and human rights, which China never really mastered.
Environmentalists support increasing mining, to prioritise a sustainable future. Also not one of China's strong skills.

The next 36 months could be a game changer for holders, and of international importance to others.

I fucking hope Zinjin doesn't find support, or DRC shy away- that's letting the genie out of the bottle for this project.

-Don't do your own research
-this is financial advice.

😉

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Samus

Top 20
That’s more refreshing than JAGS swim today 😂

We got this 👍 , the little hiccup will be squashed by next week I heard then it’s on with business as usual…

Manono is the biggest and best grade…

BFS will amaze you all 😀

Mark My words ✅

GLTAH
Tell us more about the by next week part? :unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

CashKing

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Nbaz

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

CashKing

Regular
Well that's a big tease!
Everything is going to be fine, I can’t speak for the share price but the project is going on…

Funding from CATH is clear as day…

$70 mill in the bank, ATM reserve of $50mill & No debt……

Boom baby Boom….

Ps. Don’t worry to much about the Comminere thing 😉 That should get squashed next week imo of course…

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Nbaz

Regular
Everything is going to be fine, I can’t speak for the share price but the project is going on…

Boom baby Boom….

Ps. Don’t worry to much about the Comminere thing 😉 That should get squashed next week imo of course…
Alrighty....but don't disappear next week if we don't get any news and I'm grumpy at you for teasing me with these positive gems.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

CashKing

Regular
Alrighty....but don't disappear next week if we don't get any news and I'm grumpy at you for teasing me with these positive gems.
Of course not mate, can’t promise a asx announcement “highly likely but” can’t see no reason to not , but I can promise a BFS to blow your mind..

AIMO 😉

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Nbaz

Regular
Of course not mate, can’t promise a asx announcement “highly likely but” can’t see no reason to not , but I can promise a BFS to blow your mind..

AIMO 😉
The mind blowing BFS I can agree with, I'd just like to know when its coming!!!

Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Troll alert

Look out for inclement weather

Keep your horses well tethered lest they be spooked...

Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20

DRC industry resilient, but current challenges require closer engagement

Speaking at the official opening of DRC Mining Week 2022 – H.E. Antoninette Nsamba Kalambayi, minister for the ministry of mines in the DRC, highlighted the resilience the country’s mining industry has shown throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The mining industry, through the Chamber of Mines and FEC (Federation des Enterprises) have also shown support to the ministry and for that I thank everyone,” the minister said.

Her Excellency noted that even though the world, and the DRC, has been impacted by the pandemic, she reminded the audience of the war that has broken out in the Ukraine.

“The mining sector has been affected by the war and it needs to show greater resilience than ever before. The fuel prices have escalated significantly, and this affects the downstream transportation and logistics sector which is so important to the mining industry here.

“Our economy relies on the sustainability of our industry and so we must come together to find solutions to these problems. The ministry is open to engagement from all stakeholders to discuss how best we can mitigate the impacts of the war,” she highlighted.

Turning to more positive news, of which there was plenty shared amongst the remainder of the panel during the opening, the minister highlighted the launch of a centre for processing of electric batteries in the DRC together with a cooperation agreement signed with Zambia for electric battery processing.

“Together we will create a value chain here between the DRC and Zambia – and this is an opportunity to invite investors to seize all the opportunities offered to them,” she emphasizes.

This is a significant achievement for the country, which stands to benefit greatly from greater local downstream opportunities that can feed through from its copper, cobalt and lithium resources.

Connecting in-person in the DRC an achievement and celebration :rolleyes:

David Ashdown, CEO of Vuka Group, organisers of DRC Mining Week, opened the session and shared the journey taken since its inception.

“We started our adventure in the DRC in 2004 with a very small gathering of stakeholders and sponsors with a goal of positioning the DRC on the international map.

We extended our presence in the DRC with the first Katanga Mining Week in 2010. And looking at the growth of sector and the interest in the region, we decided to combine both platform into DRC Mining Week in 2016.

“What started with a dream of making the DRC, became an incredible reality. :unsure:

Today we welcome 200 sponsors and exhibitors, 4,000 participants and close to 800 delegates in the conference room exchanging and building commercial partnerships to contribute to the local economy.

He also highlighted that the event’s downstream impact on spend directly associated with the event was US$4million.

Louis Watum, President of the Chamber of Mines for the DRC also addressed the audience during the opening and together with Marie-Gabrielle (Deputy CEO of Standard Bank DRK) and Excellence Jacques Kyabula Katwe (Governor of the Haut Katagana Province) reinforced the message of resilience across the sector over the past year.

Watum revealed the country’s growth in copper production – increasing from less than 10,000 tpa before the Mining Code was promulgated to more than 1.8 Mtpa currently.

Having been associated with the event for around 15 years, Standard Bank reiterated the growth seen in the DRC’s mining sector, noting that it will continue to support the country in its future growth objectives.

View attachment 8365

View attachment 8364

Opening of the 17th edition of “DRC Mining Week” in Lubumbashi

After two years of maintaining an innovative digital series of virtual engagement for mining companies, investors and industry suppliers during the COVID-19 pandemic and hosting many exciting debates with major industry players mining industry in the DRC, the DRC Mining Week forum is finally back in person.

Scheduled for June 1 to 3, 2022, the 17th edition of this major meeting of the Congolese mining industry and the Copperbelt region was launched by the Minister of Mines, Antoinette N'samba.

In its remarks, the DRC mining authority, which addressed "the role of the mining industry in building resilience and sustainability in the economy of the Democratic Republic of Congo", insisted on the fact that the national economy "remains very dependent" on the mining sector.

Any shock to the production and marketing of mineral resources will also "certainly" have an impact on the country's economy.

The Congolese economy remains highly dependent on the mining sector

“It is true that the Congolese economy remains very dependent on the mining sector, which remains the main driver of growth and contributes significantly to the state budget.

Indeed, mining, both industrial and artisanal, is a key factor in the economy of the DRC.

Thus, any exogenous shock to this sector will certainly have an impact on the economy of the Republic as a whole,” said Antoinette N’samba.

1654172037178.png

DR Congo must be considered a strategic partner

Among the speakers, André Wameso – Deputy Chief of Staff to Félix Tshisekedi in charge of financial and economic issues – spoke on the creation of a value chain for the Congolese mining industry for a prosperous and resilient economy.

On behalf of the President of the Republic, André Wameso reminded mining companies that the DRC is asking for just one thing: “a real partnership”.

The Congo only asks for one thing, especially the Congo of Félix Tshisekedi, asks for a real partnership.

A real partnership based on what we bring.

Because the Congo brings in addition to its worthy sons and worthy daughters who work in your mines, it brings you the mining assets that you exploit and the Congo cannot be treated as a proletarian, but must indeed be considered as a strategic partner and for that it must participate in the famous capital created by Karl Marx”, declared the collaborator of the Congolese President.

*The proletariat is the social class of wage-earners, those members of a society whose only possession of significant economic value is their labour power. A member of such a class is a proletarian.

The largest mining and industrial exhibition in the Copperbelt dedicated to the sector

During these three days, the largest exhibition and conference on the Copperbelt dedicated to the mining and industrial sector, DRC Mining Week once again brings together some 600 mining executives from 80 mining companies and operators, more than 4,000 participants, including 70% international, more than 80 expert speakers, and the indoor and outdoor exhibition reached four country pavilions.

Anyone working in or for the mining and exploration, energy, professional equipment, machinery, transport and logistics, safety and security, construction, consultancy and insurance was invited.

1654172182551.png

How China's Lithium Leverage Impacts Tesla And Other EV Makers

Estimates hold that China refines more than half the world’s lithium, and it's aggressively trying to maintain its dominance

Tesla and other electric vehicle manufacturers rely heavily on a few different minerals.

One of them, lithium, is largely mined, refined and processed by China, though lithium deposits can be found worldwide.

Still, China’s jump on the raw materials game for EV minerals will make it hard for other countries to compete at such a scale, and it could mean a few things for Tesla and other EV makers.

China is aggressively trying to maintain its dominance in lithium and other mineral processing for EV batteries, as depicted in a worldwide analysis of the industry shared by Gavekal Research earlier this month.

The news, as reported by Barron’s, comes amidst surging EV demand as consumers begin to turn toward zero-emission technology — resulting in lithium price increases of as much as 400 percent over the last year.

The International Energy Agency estimates the value of lithium sales to increase 20-fold in the decade leading up to 2030, and China is already leading the world’s lithium market.

Additionally, Tesla gets most of its lithium from the country, with some of it coming from companies with Argentinian mining operations. Still, estimates hold that China refines more than half of the world’s lithium.

“It refines 60% of the world’s lithium, controls 77% of global battery cell capacity and 60% of the world’s battery component manufacturing,” wrote Gavekal of China.

“Of 200 battery mega-factories in the pipeline to 2030, 148 are in China.”

For now, China's lithium advantage will mean continued price increases, and Tesla's continued reliance on the country for lithium, alongside several other EV makers.

Still, Tesla has ongoing supply deals with China-based lithium refiners Ganfeng and Yahua. Additionally, CEO Elon Musk has noted the rising costs of lithium mining and refining may require Tesla to “get into the mining & refining directly at scale, unless costs improve.”

For now, China's lithium advantage will mean continued price increases, and Tesla's continued reliance on the country for lithium, alongside several other EV makers.

But with China’s hyperfocus on raw materials in its own supply chains, Tesla’s relationship with Chinese refiners won’t be going anywhere, even if it begins refining the mineral themselves.

Even as North American lithium miners, such as U.S. companies Albemarle and Livent, continue to grow and have even been supported by policies from the Biden administration, the U.S. is still years out from having a chance to catch China’s lithium market.

“China is the factory of the world,” says 5E Advanced Materials CEO Henri Tausch.

“China just tried to integrate [materials] in their manufacturing process.”

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono 🔋

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users

John25

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

CashKing

Regular
Troll alert

Look out for inclement weather

Keep your horses well tethered lest they be spooked...
I hope you are not referring to me WN ?

C0525673-E220-454F-B553-662AFAF9BE5A.gif

Gotta love Greta she says it how it is kinda 👍

GLTAH

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I hope you are not referring to me WN ?

View attachment 8380
Gotta love Greta she says it how it is kinda 👍

If I survive the Zip line tomorrow I may tell you more 😉

GLTAH

Yeah you Cash!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Man you're green and livin' under a bridge and have been since Adam posted on a forum

Total troll waitin' for the goats.....

Ooops

Nope....

Not you

Bahaahaahaa!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20

Boom baby Boom….

Excellent !.jpeg

fingers-crossed.jpg

• Love

Frank

Top 20
yeah just found it and this about wanting to give AJN the boot

Zijin and now Klaus on borrowed time I hope? Cong next pls

Zijin and now Klaus on borrowed time I hope? Cong next pls 🤞

DRC: civil society denounces political influence in the Manono Lithium exploitation file

Geological scandal, the DRC is preparing to be the center of the challenges of today's and tomorrow's technology, marked in particular by the rise in the use of electric cars.

Indeed, the country has one of the world's largest reserves of lithium, an essential raw material in the manufacture of batteries.

Only, while the Minister of Mines has issued technical advice to an operator, certain enemies of the Republic, using their bit of power, are trying to manipulate the file as they please.

It is in reaction to this attitude, which is undermining the efforts of the President of the Republic, that a collective of civil society organizations published a joint press release in which it noted "great unrest since the mining company DATHCOM MINING SAS presented its Feasibility Study”

Thus, the collective recalls that "Civil Society is very well informed that to date, only DATHCOM MINING SAS has carried out geological studies with the support of engineers from Cominière, a public company of the State and partner of the joint -venture”.

Thus, the signatories "recommend to the Congolese government to take into account the IGF Report", while requesting "the particular attention of the President of the Republic so that no official, from the Presidency to the Cominière, does not use the influence peddling or being in a conflict of interest regarding Monono's lithium”.

Below is the full press release.

Manono's LITHIUM backrest.

The Civil Society Organizations and platforms signatories to this press release have observed a great stir since the mining company DATHCOM MINING SAS presented its Feasibility Study, under the leadership of the Australian company AVZ Minerals, to the government and obtained favorable technical opinions from the Ministry of Mines with a view to transforming its Research Permit (PR) Number 13359 into an Exploitation Permit (PE) for the industrial exploitation of the lithium that it discovered and that Minister Antoinette N' SAMBA KALAMBAYI gave its favorable opinion as supervisory authority.

The signatories remind everyone that Civil Society is very well informed that to date, only DATHCOM MINING SAS has carried out geological studies with the support of engineers from Cominière, a public company of the State and partner of the joint venture.

The signatories of this press release recommend that the Congolese government take into account the Report of the Inspector General of Finance (IGF) of the end of March 2022, the final observations of which were sent to the government and Cominière on April 04, 2022, on shareholding and the agitations for the control of DATHCOM MINING SAS by various new interested parties including the Chinese of ZIJIN having bought 15% of the shares of Cominière in the joint venture in violation of the laws of the Republic.

The signatories of this Joint Press Release request the particular attention of His Excellency the President of the Republic, Head of State and guardian of the mining interests of the population, so that no official, from the Presidency to the Cominière, not use influence peddling or be in a conflict of interest about Monono's lithium.

The signatory organizations to the Mining Cadastre to notify DATHCOM MINING SAS without delay concerning its Exploitation License in accordance with the instructions of the Minister of Mines, and to the technical services of the government to support this partnership in proceeding without delay to the development of this ambitious and important mining project in accordance with its planning, for the interest of the population.

The signatories recommend that all political and mining authorities in the country work to protect the business climate.

Signatory organizations and platforms:

– Network of Environmental Communicators (RCEN), Lubumbashi

– Platform of Civil Society Organizations intervening in the Mining sector (POM), Lubumbashi and Kolwezi

– DRC Press-Club, Lubumbashi

– Network of Humanitarian Communicators, Lubumbashi

– All for the DRC, Kinshasa

– Understanding and Acting in the Industrial and Artisanal Mining Sector, Kolwezi and Lubumbashi

– Platform of Civil Society Organizations Working in Decentralization and Public Finances (PODEFIP), Lubumbashi and Kolwezi

– Network of environmentalists and communicators on Natural Resources (Haut-Uélé, Bas-Uélé and Ituri)

– Federation of Artisanal Farmers of the Territory of Watsa, HautUlélé

– LICOCO, Kinshasa

– CERN CENCO, Kinshasa

– Touche Pas A Mon Cobalt, Kolwezi and Haut-Katanga

– Civil Society, Kibali Sector

– New Congolese Civil Society, Watsa Territory

– Club Bunker, Kinshasa

– THE HOUSE OF CONGOLESE HUMAN RIGHTS DRC

– Civil Society Consultation Framework of Lualaba Actions Against Corruption and Fraud (ACOF), Kinshasa

-Congo Civil Society (SOCICO/Haut-Uélé)

-Circle for the Promotion of Human Rights (Haut-Uélé)

- Me Lolo BITUM LOPA, Researcher on natural resources and rights of neighboring communities.

DRC: A collective of 19 civil society associations demands the termination of the mining contract concluded with the company AJN Resources INC

Excellent !.jpeg

#Aintover.gif

Beer-Puns.jpg

No Pressure Felix ;)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

CashKing

Regular
The mind blowing BFS I can agree with, I'd just like to know when its coming!!!
It’s done so should be next week depending on NF ,AVZ 👍

Release it or save it ?? 🤔

AIMO 😉

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

John25

Regular
About time things started WARMING up ..its been a slow old day …
0B21113A-3D70-4385-8107-F827EFA99493.jpeg

• Fire

Frank

Top 20
Remind me again what those Galah's at GS were sayin' that spooked the market :oops: :mad: :rolleyes:

As,

EVs will triple in just 3 years

BNEF’s analysts declare EVs ‘a remarkable success story’​

1654176508390.png

Tesla cars are loaded onto carriers at the Tesla electric car plant in Fremont, Calif.

BNEF predicts global plug-in passenger vehicle sales will hit 20.6 million in 2025, much higher than a forecast for 14 million by that target year made just a year ago.​

Electric vehicle sales appear likely to more than triple by 2025, and yet governments and manufacturers will have to work harder and likely sweeten incentives to eliminate emissions from road transportation by the middle of this century as pledged.

That’s according to research firm BloombergNEF in its seventh annual Long-Term Electric Vehicle Outlook, released Wednesday.

BNEF’s analysts declare EVs “a remarkable success story.” :love:

Accordingly, they predicts global plug-in passenger vehicle sales will hit 20.6 million in 2025, much higher than a forecast for 14 million by that target year made just a year ago. (y)

Global EV sales totaled 4.2 million units in 2021, up 108% versus 2020, and up 198% from 2019.

Add in light-duty trucks and other commercial vehicles, and sales reached 6.75 million units last year.

In addition, there are over 280 million electric mopeds, scooters, motorcycles and three-wheelers on the road globally.

That figure does not include e-bikes, which are showing their own market growth.

Demand grows as battery technology continues to improve, policy pressure toward “net zero” greenhouse gas emissions is rising in many countries, and automakers are ramping up manufacturing of new EV models that hit at different price targets.

But there’s one factor that’s particularly driving stronger demand: faster uptake in China.

For one thing, heavier commercial vehicles, including buses, delivery vans and trucks, are on track to trail, with only 29% of the fleet decarbonizing on the 2050 timeline, BNEF says.

That means despite the rapid rise in EV adoption, “road transport is still not on track for carbon neutrality by 2050,” analysts led by Colin McKerracher, BNEF’s head of advanced transport, write in the report.

“Aggressive action from policymakers will be required, especially on heavier vehicles where both batteries and hydrogen fuel cells are vying for a place in the market. The window to stay on track for net zero is closing quickly,” they said.

Full adoption may not happen as fast as aggressive forecasts indicate, but the salad days for traditional engines are long over. Worldwide sales of internal combustion engine vehicles peaked in 2017 and are now in permanent decline, according to BNEF.

The global fleet of combustion cars on roads will start to shrink in 2024, and by the following year, deliveries will have dropped roughly 19% from their high point.

www.marketwatch.com

Electric Vehicle Outlook 2022

The Electric Vehicle Outlook is our annual long-term publication looking at how electrification, shared mobility, autonomous driving and other factors will impact road transport in the coming decades.

The report draws on our team of specialists around the world and looks at scenarios for how these trends will impact the automotive, oil, electricity, infrastructure and battery materials markets, as well as CO2 emissions.

EVO Report 2022 BloombergNEF.png

EV sales​

EV sales are surging due to a combination of policy support, improvements in battery technology, more charging infrastructure and new compelling models from automakers.

Electrification is also spreading to new segments of road transport, setting the stage for huge changes ahead.

Passenger EV sales​

China still dominates the global EV market, but sales are rising quickly elsewhere too.

Battery electrics are pulling ahead of plug-in hybrids and the gap is set to widen further in the years ahead.

Lithium-ion battery demand​

Battery demand is rising sharply, putting pressure on the supply chain for materials like lithium, cobalt and nickel.

Reaching net zero by 2050​

This year’s report includes a “Net Zero” scenario which investigates what a potential route to carbon neutrality looks across all segments of road transport by 2050.

It also includes five thematic highlights on important emerging topic areas:

The-future-is-Electric.png

More Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono :unsure:

Frank 🤞

• Love

Samus

Top 20

The problem of good governance in the DRC arises when the corrupt wrongly believe that everyone is corrupt. They do not consider anti-values as an evil rather as a right for them. they are also accompanied by their fanatics blinded by banknotes

• Fire
  • Wow
Top Bottom