AVZ Discussion 2022

wombat74

Top 20
Wombat,

AVZ should not be compromising at all - what the DRC considers fair would be paramount to theft I suspect.

I would prefer this to be settled sooner than later, however I am also happy to go the full hog and wait for the ICSID & ICC outcomes.

Regards,

SilentOne
"The Company remains ready and willing to resolve the prevailing dispute amicably and remains flexible on the terms and conditions of any settlement. " AVZ Minerals 5/06/24

SilentOne , did you read yesterday's announcement ? Amicably and Flexible .

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

SilentOne

Regular
"The Company remains ready and willing to resolve the prevailing dispute amicably and remains flexible on the terms and conditions of any settlement. " AVZ Minerals 5/06/24

SilentOne , did you read yesterday's announcement ? Amicably and Flexible .

Yes - the DRC will not want further rulings handed down by the ICC and ICSID that comes with a premium lets also add Pain & Suffering / Damages / Loss of Income / Interest Expense to name a few - I am flexible.

Regards,

SilentOne

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

RHyNO

Regular
When you just read the announcements and have some faith, a warm feeling of hope washes over. It’s hard to hold onto. One thing I’d like to understand is how much time do we really have until we have to close up shop?

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Goldenboy

When you just read the announcements and have some faith, a warm feeling of hope washes over. It’s hard to hold onto. One thing I’d like to understand is how much time do we really have until we have to close up shop?
I’m pretty sure there are enough positive shareholders that would consider funding at an attractive price ($4000 x 5000 shareholders is $20 million )…. Price of shares ….(?). Any thoughts…I would consider

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Strawbz

Emerged
I’m pretty sure there are enough positive shareholders that would consider funding at an attractive price ($4000 x 5000 shareholders is $20 million )…. Price of shares ….(?). Any thoughts…I would consider
I would be keen on that to keep the ball rolling 100%

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

eqtrade

Regular
I share your feeling and thought. I reckon the announcement details would be the one-on-one updates as mentioned in the recent share holders emailed letter if it's legit. I would take part in the company fund raising to see the fight to the end. Well at least we have to fight to protect our asset and investment and of course we have a limit. Each to their own, IMO.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Screen Shot 2024-08-06 at 12.58.42 pm.png

Amovatio giving it to that Ludbrook prick on X. Nice burn!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Agreed, I would happily tip in cash to stick it to these evil Zijin pricks and the DRC government, suspect funding will not be an issue

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

robface

Regular
What can the board do to prevent a spill though? Has/can the company seek any FIRB protection?

Cumquat Cap

Regular
What can the board do to prevent a spill though? Has/can the company seek any FIRB protection?
You really think any shareholder with a brain cell would vote to those MMGA/Zijin puppets onto our board? They had one chance last year and now we know alot more and a lot less about their incentives. Zero chance

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Spikerama

Regular
You really think any shareholder with a brain cell would vote to those MMGA/Zijin puppets onto our board? They had one chance last year and now we know alot more and a lot less about their incentives. Zero chance

Obviously you are referring to shareholders who are switch on and engaged with their investment in AVZ and specifically know the story of MMGA/Zijin. That's most of us in here.

I would argue that there is a vast amount of the so said 20,000 plus shareholders who are not switched on. A large majority of whom wont even bother to vote. Of those who do, I reckon they will be reacting to what ever shiny colourful paraphernalia pops up in the post come that time and seems like the most attractive option to end all this suffering. And we all know AVZ are shit at those and the enemy better funded.

Reactions: 3 users

wombat74

Top 20
Ball park. 3 months imo. Enough time to rally the troops .

Reactions: 1 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Complete guess by yourself of course. Much longer is my guess

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

wombat74

Top 20
Complete guess by yourself of course. Much longer is my guess
3months /6months is irrelevant . Still need a CR asap for the DRC to take our negotiations / threats seriously . If we can get the numbers I will chip in .

Reactions: 4 users

Pokok

Regular
hes also asian too so just like aussies calling each other dickheads
Im not asian but have lived in Asia for a long time and married to an asian my kids are mixed race and they are picked on by full blooded Chinese at school . Chinese do business in a very underhanded way 100% as I know all too well it runs in the blood , thanks for having my back . So for Hudnut to presume who I am he needs to be quiet

Reactions: 9 users

Peterg

So reading through the announcements from yesterday, is it good news or bits of nothing?.
Your thoughts?

Jazz

Regular
3months /6months is irrelevant . Still need a CR asap for the DRC to take our negotiations / threats seriously . If we can get the numbers I will chip in .
There is nothing stopping anyone who wishes to contribute to AVZ funds making themselves known to management. Given the reduced office staff numbers I would suggest via email, not a phone call. Clearly identify yourself so your details can be verified.

Reactions: 3 users

Roon

Regular
So reading through the announcements from yesterday, is it good news or bits of nothing?.
Your thoughts?
It seems a bit of a mixed bag for me. Glad to see we are still showing willingness to make a negotiated agreement, rather than necessarily pursuing our legal strategy to its full conclusion as our primary approach. It's also good that the Government are still actively engaging with us. I'd say some sections of Government do legitimately want to find a way out of this situation. That's a clear positive sign, and brings some hope.

Less good obviously is that certain parts of the Government (MoM) indicated that they aren't willing to agree with the pathway to resolution that we had set out in the draft MoU. The statement that we would need to reduce our ambitions would theoretically signal that there may be a possible middle ground, but in my opinion that position is quickly negated by the fact that they didnt even have a counter proposal or provide feedback.

This, and the associated statement that it's better to keep going with arbitration (whilst still proceeding with Manono Lithium's PE in the background) suggests to me that the true position of certain elements in the Government is to delay whilst they better support the interests and position of our opponents, without any real intent to come to an agreement. Maybe trying to string it along to see if we can be forced into administration if unable to secure funds? Our opponents do seem to be making efforts to bleed us dry. I'd likely chip in for further cash if it comes to that and it keeps the lights on.

Hopefully the first faction can prevail, or a sensible middle ground can perhaps be found that leads to a pathway out of this mess, and one that doesn't give the game away. SilentOne will no doubt state again his unwillingness to compromise, though NF on the other hand thankfully seems to be open to flexibility in his communications to the DR. That to me is a positive, as I had thought that we might be toeing a hard line in our position that may have limited the possibility of a fix being found - at least in this decade.

Interesting announcement, in any case. Glad management issued the info - it's the clearest insight into the situation that I feel we've seen yet. Complex!!

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Samus

Top 20
I wonder how cominiere is going to pay their fine? Not that I expect them to pay it.

There isn't much info about enforcement of awards on the ICC website.

Given cominiere is supposedly state owned hopefully there is a way to force payment.

That would give the DRC a nice sample of what is to come at the ICSID should they continue down the same path.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom