AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
Announcement out.

Reactions: 8 users

Thaz

Regular
Good announcement imo. But doesn't address the letter sent around etc. was there some truth to that, perhaps?

Reactions: 5 users

Mute22

Regular
Probably the most significant update we have had since suspension of trading. Lots to unpack here and to read between the lines.

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

BRICK

Regular
Probably the most significant update we have had since suspension of trading. Lots to unpack here and to read between the lines.
Agreed.

robface

Regular
They had me in the first half.

Reactions: 1 users
The entire problem in one sentence

From preliminary observations, it appears that the AVZ's claims, as formulated in the said project, are disadvantageous for the Republic where the defence team has recommended the continuation of the arbitration as long as AVZ does not diminish its ambitions.

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Roon

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

Mute22

Regular
Of course we will come to a expedited settlement once Iran nukes Israel, a race war kicks off in the UK and the global economy crashes. :rolleyes:

I might be able to cash my shares in for half a tank of oxygen and some soylent green in the bunker.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Hudnut

Regular
  • Fire
  • Sad

Mute22

Regular
FFS. Really? I'd hoped we were better than this.
It's an anonymous forum, there is no 'we'.

If you'd heard the way Chinese speak about Westerners like I have, you'd understand they are unironically one of the most hateful, jealous and racist people on earth.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

eqtrade

Regular
When will they meet again to negotiate and lock in terms of MOU set out by AVZ? It would be nice if the company gives us some heads up. Good announcement today out-of- blue (red) day. LoL

Reactions: 4 users

Hudnut

Regular
"However, as previously advised, the Company will continue to pursue its claims against the DRC
Government and hold La Congolaise d’Exploitation Minière (Cominière), Dathomir
Mining Resources SARLU (Dathomir) and Zijin Mining Limited (Zijin) to account until
such time as a settlement is formally agreed."

I reckon that should be "until such time as a settlement is formally received".

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Hudnut

Regular
It's an anonymous forum, there is no 'we'.

If you'd heard the way Chinese speak about Westerners like I have, you'd understand they are unironically one of the most hateful, jealous and racist people on earth.

Ok then. I like to think I'm better than that.
When I was little, my Mum said it's not ok to be a racist prick just because little Johnny is also a racist prick. That doesn't make it ok.

Reactions: 15 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
The entire problem in one sentence

From preliminary observations, it appears that the AVZ's claims, as formulated in the said project, are disadvantageous for the Republic where the defence team has recommended the continuation of the arbitration as long as AVZ does not diminish its ambitions.
The entire problem comes back to three words 'greed and corruption'.

Of course a first proposal for an MOU will be aggressive as it’s the starting point of negotiations and there has to be room to move in the other direction.

Detractors have made it clear that they aren't letting up at ICC even when faced with interim orders against them, while the DRC govt hasn't budged and has actually moved further against ICSID interim orders. Why would AVZ give up any leverage at this point?

• Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Thaz

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Bray

Regular
FFS. Really? I'd hoped we were better than this.
hes also asian too so just like aussies calling each other dickheads

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Dow Futures look well and truly fucked again......get ready for more pain on the market tomorrow me thinks

• Sad

Dazmac66

Regular
Dow Futures look well and truly fucked again......get ready for more pain on the market tomorrow me thinks
Japan absolutely smashed! The next crash puts us closer to the next boom!!

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Scoota30

Regular
The entire problem comes back to three words 'greed and corruption'.

Of course a first proposal for an MOU will be aggressive as it’s the starting point of negotiations and there has to be room to move in the other direction.

Detractors have made it clear that they aren't letting up at ICC even when faced with interim orders against them, while the DRC govt hasn't budged and has actually moved further against ICSID interim orders. Why would AVZ give up any leverage at this point?
Really wonder what the DRC's endgame is (if they even have a plan that far ahead - might be incapable of it). Everything they continue to keep doing only increases our leverage at the negotiation table, it's almost like they actually think they'll come out the end of this as a winner, maybe they are fully convinced from Chinese whispers that we will go bankrupt and they won't have to deal with us? It sounds like they have a committee to look at the potential risks of losing the entire case....

@Carlos Danger do you know if by them continually disregarding interim orders, will this further increase the final damages claim - or because they're mounting a defence for their decisions to ignore interim orders (even after being told a second time) does that mean they can get away with the stalling without any further repercussions?

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
The "experts" must have been paid for by china
1000055734.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom