AVZ Discussion 2022

If my calculations are correct , the already overdue announcement re the Locke extension will hit this coming week . I'll go with Wednesday , with an outside chance we get a announcement tomorrow . IMO
Can you show your working from your "calculations"?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
Can you show your working from your "calculations"?
Sure . They were 2 weeks overdue last time . Coming up to 2 weeks overdue this week . It makes perfect sense .

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

pow4ade

Regular
Better late than never, but i did say i would script a letter to ....

many moons ago regards to AVZ plight, so here is what i have come up with.

To whom it may concern,

First of all, would like to commend the crititical mineral pact that has been initiated between the US & Australia, climate change is a massive threat to our way of life and for generations to come if action is not taken, reading between the lines, its also vital to create alternative supply chains away from China who control many of the critical mineral sectors for their own selfish reasons, not necessarily sharing our values to collaborate for the betterment of the global climate as a whole.

So with that thought process in mind, i will get to the point of my correspondence.

Are you aware of the desperate plight of an australian explorer AVZ ?

In case you are not, AVZ discovered and defined a enormous deposit of lithium in the district of Manono, DRC.

Currently the resource size is 840 million tonnes, grade 1.6% open in all directions from surface of the ground, its purported that the true size of the deposit if fully explored and defined could be in the realm of 1.5 - 3 billion tonnes, equivalent to 30%+ of the worlds supply.

Here is a bubble chart to support what i convey, albeit the bubble chart is old and doesnt truly display the current definition.

View attachment 67196

Unfortunately, just prior to receiving a mining licence, AVZ progress was brought to a sudden halt, via the corrupted entity of Cominiere ( a instrument of the DRC govt ) and the equally corrupted Zijin Mining group which is a state owned enterprise of China . They are attempting to steal the project and subsequently, AVZ have been forced into voluntary suspension for the last 2 yrs from the ASX and recently de registered.

They are fighting a lone hand attempting to fight off the steal of the century via ICSID & ICC arbitration.

Here is a article that succinctly describes the dire plight of AVZ.

AVZ have a very strong case to win the arbitration cases ( they have already had many preliminary victories ) but unfortunately are running out of funds, which is what China is counting on. ICC & ICSID arbitration cases takes a long time to determine a verdict, could be years, funding that course of time AVZ dont have without external assistance

If China successfully steals the Manono lithium deposit, they effectively control the lithium sector world wide to their own advantage, like they do with rare earths, nickle, copper, cobalt etc.

Now by my research, the US is very keen to collaborate with the DRC / Africa via this initiative..

No doubt with a view to get a foot in the door to access the vast critical minerals they have to offer which at the moment, only China is taking advantage of via their long term presence and influence over 30 years or more.

So in conclusion, if you were not aware of this dire situation, you are now, so it begs the question, could the US assist AVZ in some way in its ongoing geopolitical fight to retain its right to mine the manono lithium deposit ?

This is a enormous deposit which would greatly enhance the critical mineral pact intitiative that has been enacted between US & Australia.

Alternatively, would the US contemplate a take over for AVZ ( Albermarle springs to mind ) to ensure the enormous lithium deposit stays outside of China control ? Possible leveredge in return for the Lobito initiative ?

Other thoughts could be a bi partisan ( US & Australia ) diplomatic mission to provide DRC govt an alternative investment thesis against the back drop of the corrupt business practices of China, whos only goal is to rape and pillage DRC vast mineral capacity for self gain , with little care given to the economic or environmental welfare of the DRC.

After all, despite DRC vast mineral wealth, they still remain one of the poorest countries in the world with a severe lack of infastructure to show for it........yes , internal corruption remains rife and certainly has played a part in their demise, but its also a fact that the investment dollars received by China isnt cutting the mustard so to speak.

There is evidence from the newly re elected DRC govt to change their endemic corrupt practices and seek alternative foreign investment to improve their way of life, so it presents a great opportunity for the US / Australia to provide a alternative vision.

I am not naive to the fact that the US has alot on its plate at the moment far more important than the plight of AVZ and the possibility of China taking control of yet another critical mineral sector regards to lithium ( upcoming US election, ongoing war regards to Israel / Hamas / Palestine and Ukraine / Russia etc etc )... but if there is any way that my correspondence could garner a reply in any capacity, it would be greatly appreciated !

Kind Regards

So there it is folks, i leave this letter in your hands for critique, if everyone is satisfied as to the content and articulation , i will go ahead and send, if any one else wishes to copy and paste and send to other authorities such as US DOE, FIRB, DOISR Australia or other......be my guest. @Carlos Danger , @Dave Evans , @TheCount , @Samus , @cruiser51 , @Flexi any other twitter warrior springs to mind...;)

Just doing my little bit to aid the AVZ cause, it may not eventuate to anything but at this stage of the game, "nothing ventured, nothing gained"

cheers
Good stuff which deserves some strategic targeting. Our US ambassador KRudd for a start. Don't laugh, there has been encouraging reports of late as to his work in Washington from both Labor and Libs. Former US ambassador Joe Hockey is Kev's new bestie!

Here's Paul Kelly in the Weekend Aus:

I've been in America for several weeks initially to attend the Australian American Leadership Dialogue. Australia has a high standing in the US, probably higher than we deserve. Kevin Rudd is a tireless ambassador and our concerns are prosecuted effectively.

Frank

Top 20
1722171321843.png

JAWS.jpg

Top Bottom