AVZ Discussion 2022

TheCount

Regular
Realistically who but the Chinese would buy this from AVZ at this stage now if it were to go to sale? If not Zijin it will most likely be another Chinese firm..

AVZ going to mining alone is a pipe dream right now. A negotiated sale is our only way out of this mess right now if we don't go the full ICSID route..

As much as they have ass fucked us i bet most people would be happy to accept a $1 share price even if it came from Zijin..
The president of the country has said they only deal with Chinese and Russians, so we have to rely on ICC and ICSID for what we call justice.

The president is the problem - always has and always will be. He promotes corruption, even fosters it.

Not one single attack on anyone related to the DRC side has stuck. We've got Government officials pissing off to France for "emergency medical treatment" and never checking in to the hospital! Cominiere is laughing all the way to the bank as he buddies up to his Chinese mates. The newly elected officials have not started looking at the problem caused by their predecessors, and we have no confidence they ever will! $30M and then $70M goes missing and no one is looking for it? World Bank pats them on the head, says to "try harder" to which platitudes are offered and they go back to their corrupt ways..

The level of proof of corruption is irrefutable and yet it continues to flourish. How can the Country ignore its own laws? Easy, it just does..

This is way beyond a joke now and the DRC needs to be taught a lesson.....

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users

Samus

Top 20
The president of the country has said they only deal with Chinese and Russians, so we have to rely on ICC and ICSID for what we call justice.

The president is the problem - always has and always will be. He promotes corruption, even fosters it.

Not one single attack on anyone related to the DRC side has stuck. We've got Government officials pissing off to France for "emergency medical treatment" and never checking in to the hospital! Cominiere is laughing all the way to the bank as he buddies up to his Chinese mates. The newly elected officials have not started looking at the problem caused by their predecessors, and we have no confidence they ever will! $30M and then $70M goes missing and no one is looking for it? World Bank pats them on the head, says to "try harder" to which platitudes are offered and they go back to their corrupt ways..

The level of proof of corruption is irrefutable and yet it continues to flourish. How can the Country ignore its own laws? Easy, it just does..

This is way beyond a joke now and the DRC needs to be taught a lesson.....
I don't disagree with this, but as a shareholder with my capital tied up I'd rather extract some money out of this and move on than be the righteous one to teach these scumbags a lesson over the next however many years.

If it goes the route of full ICSID then fine and I'm sure we will eventually extract some value but trying to squeeze blood out of a stone for the next decade isn't going to be fun.

Reactions: 9 users

Roon

Regular
The MoU is a red herring, any words are a waste of time.

We have supposably binding words known as the DRC mining code and statutory laws which should mean something to us, but apparently don't apply because we didn't 'donate' $70m USD to the right people.

The only thing that matters is real actions in the real world of which we have seen nothing.
Yes look at our MoU for the hydro plant which is now well and truly gone. Not worth the paper it's written on.

wombat74

Top 20
I don't disagree with this, but as a shareholder with my capital tied up I'd rather extract some money out of this and move on than be the righteous one to teach these scumbags a lesson over the next however many years.

If it goes the route of full ICSID then fine and I'm sure we will eventually extract some value but trying to squeeze blood out of a stone for the next decade isn't going to be fun.
Going to need well over ATH (DRC tax ) if every shareholder is to at least break even . Not sure if that poses a problem for Nigel ? If it does a straight buy out would seem unlikely .

Top Bottom