AVZ Discussion 2022

wombat74

Top 20
RIO finally getting the green light for their Simandou project in Guinea with a 53% ownership.
Still to spend $6B USD..... Nice to know they are happy to splash the cash in Africa and not just all talk, wonder if they'd be happy spending 10-15B USD to control the lithium market for the next decade or two......

https://www.mining.com/rio-tinto-ready-to-build-simandou-after-almost-30-years-of-setbacks/
If we are to believe China has Felix on it's payroll ,what's the realistic chances of China allowing RIO to take over Roche Dure ? Serious question .

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Scoota30

Regular
If we are to believe China has Felix on it's payroll ,what's the realistic chances of China allowing RIO to take over Roche Dure ? Serious question .
IMO if RIO were to take over as a deal with the DRC Gov I would not be surprised to see a minority stake to China (Not Zijin).
However, the longer this all takes and the further we continue to press with ICSID my view is China's strength at the negotiating table continues to erode.
If Felix wanted to please his Chinese masters I would have thought he would want a resolution sooner rather than later (like 6 months ago lol) but it will get to a point when the cat is so far out of the bag that he has no choice - whether that time is already upon him or if it is not far away I have no idea.

Would be nice to get another "Arbitration update" announcement with the next dates for all of the cases, not that it will change anything but it would give all shareholders at least something to be waiting for. The way things are going though, the next AGM if it even happens is closer to happening that it has been since the last one.

Reactions: 25 users

RHyNO

Regular
RIO finally getting the green light for their Simandou project in Guinea with a 53% ownership.
Still to spend $6B USD..... Nice to know they are happy to splash the cash in Africa and not just all talk, wonder if they'd be happy spending 10-15B USD to control the lithium market for the next decade or two......

https://www.mining.com/rio-tinto-ready-to-build-simandou-after-almost-30-years-of-setbacks/
That is great pitch if ever there was one. Control. The market indeed!

oxxa23

Regular

Might not need to spend a cracker if they issued script....

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
😐

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240717-201530.png
    Screenshot_20240717-201530.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 122
Reactions: 1 users

Goldenboy

Emerged
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bray

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 6.35.01 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 6.36.32 AM.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

SilentOne

Regular
Reactions: 19 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Kazadi gone and never coming back, Felix will no doubt do the same thing once he’s reign ends.

Need to somehow apply pressure on Felix who seems to be the type to take bribes until his term is up and then ICSID is no longer his issue. Management need to turn the screws up somehow, otherwise we’re fucked

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Hemicuda

Regular
Kazadi gone and never coming back, Felix will no doubt do the same thing once he’s reign ends.

Need to somehow apply pressure on Felix who seems to be the type to take bribes until his term is up and then ICSID is no longer his issue. Management need to turn the screws up somehow, otherwise we’re fucked
Already there

Reactions: 1 users

Dazmac66

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

wombat74

Top 20
IMO if RIO were to take over as a deal with the DRC Gov I would not be surprised to see a minority stake to China (Not Zijin).
However, the longer this all takes and the further we continue to press with ICSID my view is China's strength at the negotiating table continues to erode.
If Felix wanted to please his Chinese masters I would have thought he would want a resolution sooner rather than later (like 6 months ago lol) but it will get to a point when the cat is so far out of the bag that he has no choice - whether that time is already upon him or if it is not far away I have no idea.

Would be nice to get another "Arbitration update" announcement with the next dates for all of the cases, not that it will change anything but it would give all shareholders at least something to be waiting for. The way things are going though, the next AGM if it even happens is closer to happening that it has been since the last one.
Where is the pressure coming from for Felix to flip pre ICSID ?

Reactions: 5 users

aon

Regular
Might not need to spend a cracker if they issued script....
Agree Oxxa,
RIO absorbs AVZ @ a sensible CP, share holders can sell or remain SH in RIO + have exposure to the largest high quality lithium deposit known for as long as they choose, collecting divs for generations to come, everybody wins (except the grubs)ncluding the DRC who desperately need to save face and diversifying from the domination of the corrupt Chinese and their slime ball hanger ones.

Reactions: 17 users

oxxa23

Regular
Agree Oxxa,
RIO absorbs AVZ @ a sensible CP, share holders can sell or remain SH in RIO + have exposure to the largest high quality lithium deposit known for as long as they choose, collecting divs for generations to come, everybody wins (except the grubs)ncluding the DRC who desperately need to save face and diversifying from the domination of the corrupt Chinese and their slime ball hanger ones.
It gets important firb approval and cgt discount also...

Reactions: 10 users

Dazmac66

Regular
It gets important firb approval and cgt discount also...
One might say"a strategy that delivers substantive value to shareholders".

Reactions: 9 users

Mute22

Regular
I think there is a massive game of chicken happening right now.

Reactions: 6 users

protoje

Regular
Agree Oxxa,
I’ll take $2. Can they pick up RNU at the same time, bit of a ‘throw in a set of steak knives’ kinda deal? I’ll take $1 for RNU. Bargain!

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
The biggest risk to this project right now is not Felix its Carrick. This guy is still trying to gain more shares to gain a seat on the board. Felix will be the least of our worries if this guy get enough shares. There are major Chinese shareholders that could side-up with him and pool shares together to gain access to the board. Again everyone should be worried!!!

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

wombat74

Top 20
The biggest risk to this project right now is not Felix its Carrick. This guy is still trying to gain more shares to gain a seat on the board. Felix will be the least of our worries if this guy get enough shares. There are major Chinese shareholders that could side-up with him and pool shares together to gain access to the board. Again everyone should be worried!!!
So what's Nigel going to do about it ? Are there any counter measures he can take ?Felix will be in on it by way of his Chinese masters . He will know all about it , that an attempted open ended BoD spill is in progress. Question is , why wouldn't Felix ride this out and wait to see where the cards fall ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom