AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
Reactions: 11 users

BEISHA

Top 20
South Kivu: nearly 150 Chinese companies operate illegally in the province!

The province of South Kivu, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, is the scene of mining activity that has been intensely scrutinized in recent times.

According to recent revelations from Governor Jean-Jacques Perusi, no less than 145 Chinese mining companies are currently operating in flagrant violation of the laws in force.

The results of a study carried out by local students have highlighted an alarming situation: many of these companies no longer have valid operating permits, a neglect which particularly affects the districts of Fizi, Mwenga and Shabunda.

Jean-Jacques Perusi stressed that these companies often obtain permits in a dubious manner in Kinshasa, even though they expired several years ago, between 2013 and 2016.

Despite this, they continue to extract mineral resources completely illegally, thus depriving the Congolese state of significant revenue.

This observation led the Governor to directly question the Chinese ambassador in the DRC, revealing that even after the closure of six companies and three mining cooperatives, they quickly resumed their activities without respecting local administrative decisions.

( Sound Familiar ) :mad:

Faced with this worrying situation, Jean-Jacques Perusi promised strict measures to deter this harmful practice which threatens not only legality, but also the economic stability of the region.

This problem is not isolated to South Kivu; Similar cases have been reported in the neighboring province of Ituri, where Chinese companies are also operating in violation of Congolese mining regulations.

( Sound Familiar ) :mad:

mediacongo

View attachment 66158

View attachment 66157
for-fuck.gif

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

BEISHA

Top 20
A long and depressing read, but a accurate one i believe, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 7 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Wouldn't it be great if we didn't need the Locke funding.

No doubt, should we sign a Locke funding agreement the same people will be complaining about the terms.

Lets wait and see as there is no point in speculating what may happen.

SilentOne
🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: 2 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Hi there, I'm trying to find out what's happening with the AVZ stock shares?

Long story short, my ex boyfriend convinced me to get a credit card to then take out all 15k of the cash and put it into these shares, even tho I kept telling him I didn't want to do it endless times, I ended up folding, and basically a few months later the stocks became suspended. I have come to the realization that I will probably never see that money ever again but wanted to find out what's going on now because I left him and have no intention to contact him ever again, when I logged onto my account now the shares have all but vanished? Below is a screen shoot of my shares from the last statement.

Are the stocks still active or have they now been removed all together? IS it worth waiting around because there have been so much talk over the past year or 2 about them opening on this date, then it never happens, and this happens again and again and I'm just tired of waiting around like 👁👄👁 I've seen there is a class action and I'm wondering if the class action that will be taking place is worth looking into, has anyone thought about this route or would I be better off waiting another 2-3 years and see if they open?

I don't even know how y'all will find my next question, but if someone would want to buy my current stocks, if they even exist, from me and we can make a contract agreement to transfer as soon as they open, I would legitimately give you all my log in details to see my account that's how badly I want out of this. I've had so much anxiety and stress with the credit card, I'd never had one before in my life, my biggest and only loan was for my car, and my mental health over the past 2 years has been significantly impacted.

I don't check this thread often, not sure if I will get some kind of notification if people respond to me or if I will loose my place to anyones response, hopefully someone can give me a sense of direction. I'm not interested in making millions of dollars here, I have a basic life that I'm happy with, 2 kids, family and friends and work a honest living. If I can get my money back I'm winning, because for me 15k is ALOT of money, if not than that's a loss I'll have to live with✌🏽

I don't know if private messaging is a thing on here, and if it is id have to then figure out how to find them, if anyone is keen to help me with any advise, Im all ears, feel free to pm me
View attachment 66454
I have had a similar experience, my Mrs convinced me ( insisted..happy wife happy life BS ) to buy shares in Evans & Tate, a winery coy that she worked for, 12months later, went into liquidation.....:mad::poop:😭🖕🖕

My Mrs is lucky i am still married to her....;)

Moral of the story, never take advice from loved ones, always do your own research , never invest in fucked up african countries, dont invest in dopey coys ( marajuana.. haha ) and just maybe, your investment may bear fruit, but no guarantee.

Reactions: 15 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Hey Princess, Your Ex sounds like a dick to start with… If he has put you in this situation against your will then that sucks.

Was he name Tom by any chance ?

Where abouts are you located ?

You cannot really do to much at this stage apart from wait like the rest of us…

I’d like to hope your post is real not some fuxkwit just trolling but the first half had us all going ahh poor thing, the last bit seems like you know a little too much than just to get a 15k card and dump it on a stock.

Anyway I support single mums 😀 and anyone having a go 😀

Sounds like you need a night out on the wines…
You will fit in well as we are all fucked at the moment until Uncle Nigel sells it off…

GLTAH 😎
rofl.gif

• Haha

robface

Regular
A long and depressing read, but a accurate one i believe, thanks for sharing.
Glad I stumbled across it. The author is active on twitter/x.

Not sure if more of the saga will be in his upcoming book.

Reactions: 4 users

Remark

Top 20
This must be the calm before the storm?

tumbleweed.gif

Attachments

• tumbleweed.gif
    tumbleweed.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Scoota30

Regular

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

robface

Regular
They taking the piss now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240715_182905_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240715_182905_Outlook.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Why bother asking Danny? How much of the $70 million did you get for being an accomplish in this sordid affair?
Business as fucking usual?

70 Million USD Case Involving a Cominiere Administrator: Antoinette N'samba in the Eye of the Storm​

Last updated: 2024/07/11 at 5:40 PM
MinesPublished July 11, 2024
IMG-20240711-WA0021.jpg

The case of the alleged payment of 70 million US dollars (USD) involving the former Minister of Mines Antoinette N'samba Kalambayi, has caused much ink and saliva to flow. It raises fears of the opening of legal action.
Contents
Sword of Damocles ?Any questions to ask yourself?
Last May, the civil society organization Le Congo N'est pas à Vendre had raised the alarm, via a press release sent to Mines.cd, about a scandal involving the embezzlement of approximately 70 million USD and corruption involving the company Cominiere SA.
According to this civil society, it was an endowment that was allegedly made by the Chinese company Zijin Mining for the benefit of a non-governmental organization (NGO) Le Bouclier, headed by Jean-David É'ngazi who is also a member of the Board of Directors of this company in the State portfolio.
Since then, voices have been raised mainly on the web, calling on the former Minister of Mines, Antoinette N'saba Kalambay to clarify, rightly or wrongly, the "embezzlement of 70 million dollars involving an administrator of COMINIERE".

Sword of Damocles ?

The fear of a probable legal action is felt. The public wonders how a Chinese firm could pay such a colossal sum estimated at 70 million USD to an NGO belonging to one of the directors of Cominiere without the Minister of Mines knowing?
According to Danny Oleka, lawyer of Antoinette N'samba Kalambay, the Chinese company Zijin Mining would have made a simple "endowment" to the Congolese NGO of Jean-David É'ngazi. As a result, another opinion wonders why anti-corruption activists and journalists do not ask for clarifications from the Congolese NGO, nor from its leader, nor even from the company Cominiere but only from the former Minister of Mines.

Any questions to ask yourself?

For Danny Oleka, an analysis of this situation by an average intellectual with a minimum of common sense would have raised questions, especially if the fears of the authors of these publications were justified, would the ex-Minister have something to reproach herself for?
"Even if this donation had disguised dubious transactions, which cannot be said, the former Minister of Mines would not have been involved in the negotiations and/or transactions initiated or concluded by a public mining company, even on a mining right," he said.
The latter, being part of the State's assets, could not be the subject of a partnership without the State itself deciding, thus raising Article 8 of Law No. 08/010 of 7 July 2008 establishing the rules relating to the organisation and management of the State's portfolio and Article 1 B points 7 and 35 of the Ordinance establishing the attributions of the ministries which states that it was not up to the former Minister of Mines to engage the State-shareholder in such a process of disengagement within a portfolio company.
For him, the intervention of the Minister of Mines is technical, by the approval of the transfer, at the end of the instruction of the transfer application file by the services of the Ministry. Moreover, the question still arises, in light of the facts presented, of whether it is appropriate to speak of misappropriation of public funds.
For lawyer David Oleka, talking about misappropriation in the case of a donation until proven otherwise free and not noted by the parties, is to display one's ignorance in the public square, not being a judicial body. For him, there is no reason to seek clarification from Antoinette N'samba Kalambay.
For other analysts, this former head of Mines under the Sama 1 and 2 governments risks suffering the same fate as her former colleagues Nicolas Kazadi of Finance who took to his heels after the public outcry accusing him of embezzlement and François Rubota of Rural Development who is under provisional arrest warrant at the Kinshasa Penitentiary and Rehabilitation Center (CPRK, former Makala prison), both concerning the case of "overbilling for the drilling and streetlight project".
Faced with the accusations of some and the defense of others on the one hand, and the voices that are being raised demanding clarification from the former Minister of Mines on the other hand, it is up to the body of the Law to take up this case so that the truth comes out.

Mr Clean

Regular
Surely we don’t have much coin left in the coffers. And yet the board still have not announced a reduction in their exorbitant salaries. How many months do people think we have left going at the current trajectory?

• Fire
Mr Clean we will having many months of funding to come. Watch this space.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
With all due respect we get so much double talk,wink,wink,nudge,nudge from the DRC,that I'm sick of it from fellow posters.
Cough up your information or keep quiet.
There are a lot of " fried" and stressed posters on this forum.
I am not one of them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240715-140900_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240715-140900_Messages.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Fire

robface

Regular

Mr Clean

Regular
I’ve seen and heard for 3 years (since Zijin first reared their ugly heads) plenty of these baseless comments. Sick of it. The board need to deliver, or we’re done at the next AGM. Or even before, when we finally run out of cash

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom