AVZ Discussion 2022

Scoota30

Regular
Rio would be a perfect fit for a TO of AVZ.

Huge bank balance.

Firb would open arms it.

ICC & ICSID arbitration would be dropped.......DRC govt

China doesnt control Manono.

Win win

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Win win for everyone except China unless they maintained a minority stake in the project?

Definitely ready for a TO at a fair price, they'd have to have their blindfold on if they weren't at least eyeing off Manono. Deboss has mentioned Rio plenty of times over the years too ๐Ÿค”

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Rio would be a perfect fit for a TO of AVZ.

Huge bank balance.

Firb would open arms it.

ICC & ICSID arbitration would be dropped.......DRC govt

China doesnt control Manono.

Win win

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Lets hope they have been running their rulers over Manono. One can hope and dream... Would be a good replacement by Rio Tinto for the Jadar project which fell through in Serbia.
However i would bet money they are more interested in copper in the DRC.

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Lets hope they have been running their rulers over Manono. One can hope and dream... Would be a good replacement by Rio Tinto for the Jadar project which fell through in Serbia.
However i would bet money they are more interested in copper in the DRC.
I doubt any project in the DRC would be as juicy as a pre construction ready, massively defined, open cut, open in all directions, low strip 400++m/t behemoth Roche Dure........;)

gift wrapped.gif

$12 per share, its all yours.......:ROFLMAO::LOL::love:๐Ÿ˜‡

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I doubt any project in the DRC would be as juicy as a pre construction ready, massively defined, open cut, open in all directions, low strip 400++m/t behemoth Roche Dure........;)

View attachment 64753

Some interesting reading from 2021 August:

From Zijin Mining to Rio Tinto's traditional mining giants to embrace new energy has become a global trend?​

icon
Aug 3, 2021 16:06

Source:Liu Rui of the Financial Union
facebook sharing button

twitter sharing button

Recently, Chen Jinghe, chairman of domestic mining giant Zijin Mining, announced that he would develop new energy and new materials resources, including lithium mines. Zijin's shares rose more than 7% at one point on Monday. The company issued an announcement immediately after the opening, clarifying that "the company does not have a specific time schedule and specific project arrangements." On Tuesday, Zijin Mining shares showed a correction of more than 3 percent.
Although the company has clarified, it does not deny that the company is ready to enter the lithium mining industry. In fact, in the era of energy conservation and emission reduction and traditional mineral demand is close to saturation, many traditional mining giants around the world have begun to consider the transformation to lithium, nickel, cobalt and other new energy-related minerals.
Traditional minerals are out of date? Global giants are considering turning
Last Tuesday, Rio Tinto, the world's largest iron ore maker, said it would invest $2.4 billion in the Jadar lithium borate project in Serbia to produce battery-grade lithium carbonate. In addition to lithium, the project will also produce borates, which can be used to produce solar panels and wind turbines.
The company expects the project to be put into production on a large scale in 2026 and to reach its maximum capacity in 2029, with an estimated annual capacity of 58000 tons of lithium carbonate, 160000 tons of boric acid and 255000 tons of sodium sulfate. The project will make Rio Tinto the largest lithium supplier in Europe for at least the next 15 years, and will also make Rio Tinto one of the top 10 lithium suppliers in the world.
Rio Tinto is not the only mining giant to shift to new energy minerals. Last month, BHP also announced an important agreement with Tesla to mine and refine nickel from its mines in Western Australia to supply Tesla. The president of BHP Billiton said bluntly that "the era of electric cars has come faster than expected", so the speed of the company's transformation will be greatly accelerated.
In fact, among the major miners in the world, with the exception of Glencore, other miners have pulled out of the coal business or are in the process of withdrawing from the coal business.
The growth momentum of lithium ore far exceeds that of traditional minerals.
Demand for lithium will surge from about 400000 tons last year to about 2 million tons by 2030, and is likely to be in short supply by 2026, forcing a surge in lithium prices, according to Bloomberg NEF.
At the same time, the momentum of demand growth for traditional minerals is weakening. In the case of iron ore, for example, Bloomberg NEF expects China's iron ore use to reach the level of developed countries in the next five years, when China's demand for steel will gradually slow.
In addition, in the future, it is a global consensus to reduce energy consumption and environmental protection. In the process of mining and processing of traditional minerals, it needs to consume a lot of energy and pollute the environment, which means that the exploitation of large quantities of minerals will be gradually reduced in the future.
With the gradual promotion of waste recycling around the world, this will further gradually curb the market demand for mineral mining. In fact, some minerals have shifted in this direction. At present, most of the world's lead does not come from underground mining, but is recovered from car batteries and processed and reused.
Of course, as there are still some technical difficulties in the process of purchasing, sorting and separating waste and refining it, there will always be a need to extract metal minerals from underground. But unless India can become a new industrial power like China in the future, global consumption of traditional minerals such as coal and iron may now be close to an all-time peak.
Traditional mining giant "shipwreck U-turn"?
In the current era of the decline of traditional minerals and the sudden rise of new energy minerals, there is another problem on the road to the transformation of traditional mining giants: compared with traditional mining metals such as copper, iron and gold, the market scale of new energy minerals such as lithium ore is too small.
In the current global mineral resources, crude oil alone accounts for more than half of the total mineral resources value, if you add natural gas, it is equivalent to 2% of the global mineral resources value, plus coal to reach 80% of the total mineral resources value. Gold, copper, iron and aluminum each account for about 4% of the value of global mineral resources, while all other minority minerals add up to 4% or 5%.
If all the mineral values of lithium, cobalt, rare earths, industrial diamonds and uranium in the world add up, it would not cover the revenue that Rio Tinto received from its iron ore project in Australia. Even if the production capacity and prices of rare metals such as lithium mines increase significantly in the future, they will only be a drop in the ocean compared to traditional bulk minerals.
Compared with some smaller lithium miners, the current performance of the global mining giants still depends largely on traditional minerals, which makes them face a "difficult turnaround" situation in the process of transformation.
For example, according to recent data, Rio Tinto has a total turnover of more than $45 billion a year, and about 82% of its net profit comes from iron ore, and even at the record lithium mine record price in 2017, Rio's newly planned Jadar project with an annual lithium capacity of 58000 tons is unlikely to generate more than $1.5 billion in revenue-which means only normal iron ore price fluctuations. It is also enough to overwhelm the impact of Jadar projects on the company's profits.
The same is true of Zijin Mining Company. According to Zijin Mining's financial report, the company's revenue in 2020 was 171.5 billion yuan, and its profits basically came from traditional mineral businesses such as gold, copper, zinc (lead) and iron, accounting for 20.83%, 52%, 8.43% and 18.74% of the company's gross profit, respectively. even if the lithium mining industry is really laid out in the future, the impact on the company's actual performance may be limited.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

ChillaM

Am I reading between the lines correctly .... always back vested interests (self-interest), they are the โ€™local bookiesโ€™ of the race course and will win and take your money every time.

Reactions: 1 users

taofufa

Guys and girls, need a small help here.

I know we talked about it before but can someone let me know where to find my SRN ?

I tried to register with my HIN but automic is showing 0 balance. ( traded on comsec)

\:sick:

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

I know we talked about it before but can someone let me know where to find my SRN ?

I tried to register with my HIN but automic is showing 0 balance. ( traded on comsec)

Should be printed on the letter that shows your shares now as "Issuer" Sponsored

That letter should have arrived via snail mail

Are you in Oz?

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

taofufa

Should be printed on the letter that shows your shares now as "Issuer" Sponsored

That letter should have arrived via snail mail

Are you in Oz?
Yes, in WA, only received a welcome letter from AVZ without much info in it.

have two comsec accounts that used to hold AVZ

Reactions: 2 users

Hudnut

Regular

View attachment 64753

Plus 2 AVZ caps.

And don't forget the tin!

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

cruiser51

Top 20

On the Atomic share registry page, left hand side go to Documents and Statements, you can find the letter sent to you with the SRN number on it (21/5/2024)

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

taofufa

On the Atomic share registry page, left hand side go to Documents and Statements, you can find the letter sent to you with the SRN number on it (21/5/2024)
Mmm, the last doc there was for the 2023 AGM proxy ???:(

and it's only showing my HIN

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Yes, in WA, only received a welcome letter from AVZ without much info in it.

have two comsec accounts that used to hold AVZ
The letter in the mail should have two pages The second page has a new Ixxxxxxxxxxxx number. You need to manually load that onto your Automic registry page, under + Add holding and it will show up

I'm not a comsec user so you'll need help from a local on how/if it will ever show up there (but probably not as we are delisted), but the above will at least give you comfort that Automic hold a record of your holdings

If you never got 2 pages by snail mail, then fucked if I know whats going on - do you have a dog that likes to eat your mail?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20
The letter in the mail should have two pages The second page has a new Ixxxxxxxxxxxx number. You need to manually load that onto your Automic registry page, under + Add holding and it will show up

I'm not a comsec user so you'll need help from a local on how/if it will ever show up there (but probably not as we are delisted), but the above will at least give you comfort that Automic hold a record of your holdings

If you never got 2 pages by snail mail, then fucked if I know whats going on - do you have a dog that likes to eat your mail?
Time to call Atomic.

Reactions: 1 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Maybe the ex still has a key to your PO Box. :oops: fuk fuk fuk.

• Haha

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Sooo, do people rip up their mail before asking questions?

Classic from the crapper

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 8.55.29โ€ฏPM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Samus

Top 20
1000014392.jpg

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

ozmacca

Regular
Bit off topic, but recently started reading this and it's a massive eye opener on everything we've been dealing with.
Doesn't fix anything, but it's a good distraction.

1718279443989.png

Attachments

• 1718279444045.png
    1718279444045.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 7 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire

Frank