AVZ Discussion 2022

JasonM

Regular
not sure why the need to go each other on this thread, we all want a good outcome.

I appreciate Jens sharing the good news and while I wait to see if it leads to anything of substance, its at least something positive and maybe, just maybe, might be the start of something, fingers and toes crossed.

• Fire
Reactions: 44 users

CHB

Regular
I think everyone's just jaded and wary.

The 10th million false dawn.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Spikerama

Regular
not sure why the need to go each other on this thread, we all want a good outcome.

I appreciate Jens sharing the good news and while I wait to see if it leads to anything of substance, its at least something positive and maybe, just maybe, might be the start of something, fingers and toes crossed.

Jase no-one is going at anyone's throats.

Cant tell if you are referring to me or not but I'm sure some people might read some of my posts in a SHOUTY voice but I never feel like I'm shouting when I post. I just say what I mean with confidence in what I believe to be true.

It's okay if others don't feel the same way as me but I hope over my time here, I have conducted myself in a way that others feel that at least I give input that is considered and worthy of discussion.

I think at this stage we are all well and truly seasoned to the odd whiff of positivity. Having been in the the stock trading business for a while, as you may well have, I tend to question all available data and rely on experience after that. And currently my experience says that data will amount to bollocks.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Chase

Regular

Well said mate

Reactions: 11 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I reckon after reading todays conversation, I stick to splicing ropes and drinking gt's, much more interesting.
This looks like a fukkin kindergarten to me, ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Frank

Top 20
DoL.jpg

1716725267371.png

1716725301763.png

1716725326572.png

1716725530573.png

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Charbella

Regular
Hi roon,

Don't suppose you have any links to the previous cease work notice fimor manono lithium... just so we can compare.

Cheers
I am pretty sure it wasn't Manono Lithium, it was Tantalax.

Attachments

• IMG_4804.png
    IMG_4804.png
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

JNRB

Regular
Is that 'DRC lost revenue counter' still running?

It would be great to be able to compare "$70 million lost in bribes" directly to "x hundred million" that DRC would have been paid in taxes by now by AVZ.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Roon

Regular
I am pretty sure it wasn't Manono Lithium, it was Tantalax.
It was Manono Lithium:

Will be interested to see what they've done wrong this time around, I'm sure that's not a short list to choose from

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Flight996

Regular
It was Manono Lithium:

Will be interested to see what they've done wrong this time around, I'm sure that's not a short list to choose from

Re: Unpaid taxes

The governor of Tanganyika sees Zijin's $US70 million bribe being shared amongst a wide range of corrupt players all the way to King Felix himself, but nothing for the governor.

That's unforgivable and discriminatory. He did the right thing by suspending the operations of Manono Lithium until such time as 'local taxes' are paid.

This story gets better by the day, and heaps better than anything Netflix has to offer.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Re: Unpaid taxes

The governor of Tanganyika sees Zijin's $US70 million being shared amongst a wide range of corrupt players all the way to King Felix himself, but nothing for him.

That's unforgivable and discriminatory. He did the right thing by suspending the operations of Manono Lithium until such time as 'local taxes' are paid.

This story gets better by the day, and heaps better than anything Netflix has to offer.

Cheers
F

We need something much more substantial like a stop work order for illegally being onsite. Until then zijin will just shrug, pay the fine and whatevers owed and back to work they go.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Flight996

Regular
We need something much more substantial like a stop work order for illegally being onsite. Until then zijin will just shrug, pay the fine and whatevers owed and back to work they go.

Yes, Zijin certainly has form in this regard.

Cheers
F

Reactions: 3 users

RHyNO

Regular
TIA my friends TIA!! only the DRC could remove one potential miner to replace them with another potential miner, to then remove them.

Reactions: 2 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
You guys are now confusing the January desist order with yesterdays desist order, which one local journalist, Flore Kayala, translates the key reason for the order being

" The said company is accused of not being in good standing with the Congolese State."

The January Order was the one that mentioned 'unpaid taxes' cough cough, and that was issued by the previous Governor

I was 49% glass full last night. I'm now about 55%, as on contemplating my navel overnight, this could indeed be the first step in a series of 'events' being undertaken once the new Government is sworn in

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 57 users

Spikerama

Regular
Is that 'DRC lost revenue counter' still running?

It would be great to be able to compare "$70 million lost in bribes" directly to "x hundred million" that DRC would have been paid in taxes by now by AVZ.
Yep there's the French and English versions for you here. If you have your browser set to auto translate the French will appear as English.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Roon

Regular
You guys are now confusing the January desist order with yesterdays desist order, which one local journalist, Flore Kayala, translates the key reason for the order being

" The said company is accused of not being in good standing with the Congolese State."

The January Order was the one that mentioned 'unpaid taxes' cough cough, and that was issued by the previous Governor

I was 49% glass full last night. I'm now about 55%, as on contemplating my navel overnight, this could indeed be the first step in a series of 'events' being undertaken once the new Government is sworn in
Yes noncompliance with regulations could cover a multitude of sins! Finger's crossed its something significant without a quick pathway back to operations

Reactions: 16 users

TDITD

Top 20
Yep there's the French and English versions for you here. If you have your browser set to auto translate the French will appear as English.

Poirot Hercule Poirot GIF - Poirot HerculePoirot DavidSuchet - Discover ...

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Spikerama

Regular
Manono will be won on chess moves, which is what this is.
Each move is meaningful to the outcome.
I'd intuitively assume this isn't an isolated and unconnected event existing in a vacuum.
Hopefully I say, watch this space.
Winning at chess with tactical moves only works if everyone is following the same rules.
Unfortunately we are playing a game that goes something like this.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom