CHB

Regular
Lol so can't get any interim financial penalties... Fk me

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Rediah

Regular
Well now I am confused , 🤷‍♂️
The Company’s preference remains to achieve a negotiated resolution of dispute with the DRC State. The Company understands it is expected the DRC Government’s new cabinet will be appointed shortly and is hopeful negotiations with the DRC State can then proceed. Nonetheless, the Company remains steadfast in its resolve to prosecute the ICSID arbitration proceedings to their conclusion if that proves to be necessary.....

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users
I thought cabinet was sorted? Fuck me takes a long time....
The Company’s preference remains to achieve a negotiated resolution of dispute with the DRC State. The Company understands it is expected the DRC Government’s new cabinet will be appointed shortly and is hopeful negotiations with the DRC State can then proceed. Nonetheless, the Company remains steadfast in its resolve to prosecute the ICSID arbitration proceedings to their conclusion if that proves to be necessary.....

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Pokok

Regular
That part I got but did I read no money coming our way at this time correct me if i'm wrong

Reactions: 7 users

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

oxxa23

Regular
Well now I am confused , 🤷‍♂️
It's accumulating but they can't order immediate payment....

Tbh, don't think we'll ever get cash from the penalties.
.. but, we may well get more of the project % in lieu of....

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Rediah

Regular
Tbh, don't think we'll ever get cash from the penalties.
.. but, we may well get more of the project % in lieu of....
Even if DRC agrees to pay they won’t have any money sitting in reserves, if they could they will buy more watches and more overseas trips promising and selling investment dreams. They will be looking at their master China to pay us indirectly. And China will only release the money when they are sure Manono is securely in their pocket which DRC may have promised but can’t guarantee at this stage.

Reactions: 11 users

JasonM

Regular
yes disappointing we cant get cash near term via penalties but seems the evidence continues to get stronger and the case against comminere/drc continues to build. The longer this goes on drc/comminere are just building a bigger whole for themselves. I fear though it maybe easier for those corrupt politicians to just kick the can down the road and not deal with the situation they've got themselves into, meaning we could be in for the long haul which kind of seems what we're in already. This is a long play unless this new cabinet when it forms actually decides to take the appropriate action which unfortunately just seems implausible based on what we've seen from the drc to date.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

oxxa23

Regular
So the first part of the announcement re Cominiere and Dathomir conspiring to rat f--k us we already knew . The part about ICSID being completely powerless to enforce fines$$$ I did not know . At the head of the announcement the company said they were pleased . I must be missing something .
They can't enforce interim findings.... "interim".

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

CHB

Regular
So we'll need to go full ICSID to enforce penalties ?
Yup - would be a healthy amount by then... if we have the funding to get there.

Reactions: 2 users

Frank

Top 20
I thought cabinet was sorted? Fuck me takes a long time....
The Suminwa government is dragging its feet!

The DRC has had a new Prime Minister since April 1, 2024, but for 39 days, the government of Judith Suminwa has been waiting.
:rolleyes:

Between hope and despair, some, like the International Center for Development and Human Rights Training (CEIPDHO) in acronym, think that this government is long overdue.

For this NGO, this situation “continues to have a negative impact on social, economic and security conditions, which thus prevents the takeoff of the long-awaited five-year term 2023-2028”.

This emerges from the press release published on May 10.

It is entitled: “January 20, 2024 – May 10, 2024, 110 days of ordeal, regret, despair and lamentation of the Congolese people”.

Indeed, it was since February 20, 2024 that Sama Lukonde, Prime Minister, submitted his resignation to the President of the Republic.

Thus, his government is deemed to have resigned.

Which certainly blocks the progress of the country.

This is the opinion of economist Eric Lubangu.

“This has a delay effect. Because not all major decisions can be made during this period.

Even the budget cannot be executed, so nothing works,” he explains.

And added: “During this period, only salaries and operating costs are disbursed.”

The formation of governments that take the time

But it must be said that since 2019, the formation of the government has always taken time.

For example, the first government of Félix Tshisekedi's first term took 95 days before its formation and 106 days until its inauguration.

And that of Sama Lukonde took 57 days before the appointment of ministers and two months and 11 days before his inauguration.

It must be said that during Joseph Kabila's two mandates, there was speed between the appointment and the formation of the government.

This is particularly the case of the government formed by Prime Minister Matata Ponyo Mapon.

The waiting time was only 10 days. In Muzito’s, the wait was only 16 days.

That of Bruno Tshibala and Samy Badibanga took 32 days. Apparently only Gizenga took 35 days.

Compared to the formation of certain governments since 2019, 39 days seems minimal.

However, many expect change quickly.

And for them, more than a month is a long time.

mediacongo

Nothappyjan.png

#Disbelief.jpg

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

CHB

Regular
Maybe a healthy amount but who's paying? Felix be retired living in the South of France by then. IGF already exposed Cominiere /MoM and nothing happened .
Cause Felix is corrupt AF. Only explanation.

DRC the country will pay, in some form, may not be monetary.

Reactions: 5 users

JNRB

Regular
Cause Felix is corrupt AF. Only explanation.

DRC the country will pay, in some form, may not be monetary.
Either we'll let the fine go as a good-will gesture together this over the line, or I reckon we'll just earn it back in the form of tax discounts

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom