1715397976258.png

1715398009576.png

1715398048653.png

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Frank

Top 20
Tshisekedi, 110 days of meetings since his inauguration

Félix Tshisekedi is struggling to establish his power resulting from the contested elections of December 20, 2023.

Three months and 20 days after his inauguration at the Martyrs stadium, no institution is installed. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the head of state confines himself to playing the second role.

He watches the situation deteriorate from afar.

The observation is unfortunate. :rolleyes:

The influence of politics on society has ruined everything.

110 days since Tshisekedi was sworn in. Neither the government, nor even the offices of the National Assembly and the Senate, have taken office.

In Senegal, “everything went quickly”.

Prime minister and ministers appointed and installed after a few days.

In the land of Lumumba, things are getting bogged down. To say that we are still navigating in interim mode.

Apparently, the situation does not offend the conscience of the top of the State. No politician seems to be in a hurry.

The priorities are multiple for a country at war operating almost with two Prime Ministers, one outgoing and the other incoming.

Both are unfortunately paid for by the public treasury.

In the National Assembly, the provisional office took the House hostage.

It was necessary for elected officials to step up to the plate to see Christophe Mboso rushing through the night to publish the electoral calendar for the election of the final office.

Otherwise, we let him do it.

“A carelessness which outrages and demonstrates the bankruptcy of current governance”, screams a new MP, ex-Kabilist turned extremist Tshisekedist.

From Kabuya – the informant to the first steps of Judith Suminwa Tuluka, there is no indication of the establishment of the future government.

The Prime Minister even got stuck in the sand in the face of the gluttony of the political caymans of the Sacred Union.

In short, his machine is seized. :(

Worse, “the current vacuum still does not push the head of state to act, to take matters in hand. :rolleyes:

“The people are suffering and nothing is being done,” enrages Epenge who accuses Félix Tshisekedi of being deaf to the concerns of the population. :(

The Constitution, blockage or red herring

To justify the current impasse, President Tshisekedi took refuge behind the Constitution.

The text would be heavy, in his opinion, and would not give him all the levers to oil his machine.

An argument rejected by the opposition but which it nonetheless brandishes to justify the delay in setting up the institutions.

“False and archfalse,” retorts Professor Mampuya.

On this debate, the publicist developed an argument which destroys all the fallacious pretexts which incriminate the Constitution.

“When there were elections, they celebrated by saying that the Sacred Union had won everything. So there was a majority.

The appointment of an informant was not necessary.

Augustin Kabuya, I know him but I’m sorry, he didn’t have to be named,” he said.

In the inaugural speech of his second term delivered in front of an audience of African heads of state and Western delegations, Félix Tshisekedi said he was “aware of the expectations of the people and even reassured that he understood the magnitude of the task who was waiting for him.

Unfortunately, civil society sees the president taking a wrong direction at the start of his second five-year term. :(

From Europe, Paul Kapika, one of the 13 former parliamentarians of the Udps, campaigner of Étienne Tshisekedi, decried the management of Tshisekedi fils, lamenting to see the current head of state moving away from the ideals and even from his father's fight.

The icon reminds us that the Udps had never fought for more than three decades for mining squares, prebend or blind enjoyment as is the case today.

Disappointed, Kapika calls on Tshisekedi to pull himself together and get rid of the bad entourage. (y)

And the promises made to the people

During his inauguration, Félix Tshisekedi announced the six major commitments of his new five-year term: “more jobs, more purchasing power, more security for all, a more diversified and more competitive economy, more access to basic services and more efficient public services”.

“Has he forgotten that the clock is ticking and the expectations of the population are numerous,” asks a manager of a polling house who remembers the reproaches (inaction, lethargy, impunity and nepotism, etc.) that he had harshly on the population during the campaign.

Straight in his boots, Tshisekedi, wherever he goes, displays his same ambitions, namely to transform, during the next five years, the feats he had achieved and to complete the advent of a more united, better secure and more prosperous.

Before the nation, he pledged “to use everything in his power so that the errors of the past are no longer repeated and so that the actions necessary for the advancement of his country are promptly taken.”

Unfortunately, the mistakes of the past are coming back. Laxity persists.

“The president’s silence is disturbing when there are proven cases of embezzlement, when individuals block the installation of institutions,” complains political scientist Teddy Kalambayi Kosanga.

A bad start for Fatshi's second five-year term, he is alarmed.

He fears that the president, like his predecessor Joseph Kabila, will be sanctioned by the people through his successor whom he will want to place after his mandate, to perpetuate his vision.

Nothappyjan.png

#Disbelief.jpg

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I liked this, shows what we’re up against when it comes to complete fuckwits

Sorry for off topic but we need a break from shitfuckery

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Poor old Syd was already out of it in 1967

I’m in Adelaide for a month if anyone wants to meet

Reactions: 3 users

Frank

Top 20
1715429683954.png

1715429720011.png

1715430047303.png

1715430078766.png

1715430310678.png

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Frank

Top 20
1715432506696.png

1715432528393.png

dog with a bone !.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Frank

Top 20
1715432776513.png

1715432873356.png

1715433009412.png

1715432934578.png

1715432965622.png

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Remark

Top 20
We're fighting against a society that holds corruption at it's core. It's hard to imagine a positive resolution to this shitfight. They've obviously never dealt with Australians before

Reactions: 20 users

Samus

Top 20
We're fighting against a society that holds corruption at it's core. It's hard to imagine a positive resolution to this shitfight. They've obviously never dealt with Australians before
ICC and ICSID the only path forward imo.
Who the fuck would want to deal with them after this?
They're going to have to learn the hard way.
We just have to hope that enough pressure is exerted on to them to force the fair sale of the asset as opposed to pursuing legal settlement likely for many years.
For our own sake as well as that of the population I might add. It'll be a pretty sad state of affairs if the DRC are left with nothing but a massive debt and a few more wealthy elites as China plunder the resource for the next 30 years.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Remark

Top 20
We just have to hope that enough pressure is exerted on to them to force the fair sale of the asset as opposed to pursuing legal settlement likely for many years.
For our own sake as well as that of the population I might add. It'll be a pretty sad state of affairs if the DRC are left with nothing but a massive debt and a few more wealthy elites as China plunder the resource for the next 30 years.
Sorry Samus, posted after many delicious bourbons😋

Reactions: 4 users

wombat74

Top 20
Until AVZ secure $$$ the DRC will sit back and wait hoping we go broke . Stall/delay tactics still in play .
Really it's a no brainer for Felix . AVZ sell the asset . AVZ pay Felix $100 of millions in TAX. AVZ drop ICSID .

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Dazmac66

Regular
So AVZ go broke. What happens to the world's most significant ore body? China simply take control by handing out a few donations while Europe the US, Japan, Korea become more reliant on China. Massive political upheaval currently evolving to overcome China's monopoly on critical minerals! Something big has to happen for the Manono lithium deposit to avoid China taking control. It is just too strategic to be gifted to China.
At this point I really couldn't give a pineapple if China gets the whole lot as along as we get decent compensation. AVZ owes nothing to Australia, US etc they have not lifted a finger to assist in our fight! An acceptable Chinese offer and I'm out of Africa!!!

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

wombat74

Top 20
So AVZ go broke. What happens to the world's most significant ore body? China simply take control by handing out a few donations while Europe the US, Japan, Korea become more reliant on China. Massive political upheaval currently evolving to overcome China's monopoly on critical minerals! Something big has to happen for the Manono lithium deposit to avoid China taking control. It is just too strategic to be gifted to China.
At this point I really couldn't give a pineapple if China gets the whole lot as along as we get decent compensation. AVZ owes nothing to Australia, US etc they have not lifted a finger to assist in our fight! An acceptable Chinese offer and I'm out of Africa!!!
From what I've heard AVZ is not going broke .

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Agreed - devil's advocate mate.

Reactions: 5 users

Azzler

Top 20
I'm feeling a tickle.
In my pickle.
🙃

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
DRC-USA: Washington welcomes the new contract for the purchase and processing of Germanium

The United States of America, President of the Mineral Security Partnership (MSP) welcomed the new contract for the purchase and processing of Germanium finalized between STL, a subsidiary of Générale des Carrières et des Mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Belgian company Umicore, the ACP learned on Friday May 10, 2024 from a press release.

“As Chair of the Mineral Security Partnership (MSP), the United States of America and its MSP partners welcome the new germanium purchase and processing contract finalized between the STL , a subsidiary of Générale des Carrières et des Mines (Gécamines) in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), and the Belgian company Umicore, which is advancing cooperation in this area,” we read in the Department’s press release.

According to this press release, this collaboration between MSP partners and the private sector is powerful proof of MSP's ability to secure and diversify critical mineral supply chains, which bring economic benefits to local communities and countries like the DRC.

As highlighted by Umicore and Gécamines officials, this agreement will also support sustainable recycling and the circular economy, develop new technical skills and expertise in the DRC, and strengthen the role of Gécamines and the DRC in as an important player in the processing of critical minerals.

This important agreement, reached through close collaboration with the 15 MSP partners, significantly increases the global supply of germanium, which is used in semiconductors, optical cables, solar cells and many other products.

The processed germanium will ultimately strengthen the supply chains of the American, European and Japanese markets.

mediacongo

Hmmm !.jpg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Until AVZ secure $$$ the DRC will sit back and wait for us to go broke . Stall/delay tactics still in play .
Here’s hoping this 4th order includes awarding of the accumulating penalties for failure to adhere to courts judgments. Locke would throw the money at us if we had that in the back pocket imo

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Azzler

Top 20
Incredible skies over Melbourne last night!
(not my photos)

I'm taking it as a good sign for us AVZ investors.

News can't be far away now. 🍀

441544628_10232032560454822_5994514947996743060_n.jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-12 100858.png

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 38 users

Frank

Top 20
1715481453496.png

1715481480503.png

1715481509454.png

So true