AVZ Discussion 2022

Dazmac66

Regular
Since September 1 , 2021, the Minister of Portfolio has accepted the sale of the 15% of COMINIERE in DATHCOM. The correspondence of Minister Adèle Kayinda supports the transfer. The government endorsed the decision of COMINIERE's general assembly. The process seems irreversible. AVZ intends to take legal action in turn to challenge the transaction. He asserts that he was not contacted, although correspondence was sent to him regarding ZIJIN's offer and the convening of the DATHCOM general meeting. Subterfuge? Liar Poker?

So this is what Nigel was dismissing as being dealt with and of zero consequences for AVZ ownership of Manono?

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Since September 1 , 2021, the Minister of Portfolio has accepted the sale of the 15% of COMINIERE in DATHCOM. The correspondence of Minister Adèle Kayinda supports the transfer. The government endorsed the decision of COMINIERE's general assembly. The process seems irreversible. AVZ intends to take legal action in turn to challenge the transaction. He asserts that he was not contacted, although correspondence was sent to him regarding ZIJIN's offer and the convening of the DATHCOM general meeting. Subterfuge? Liar Poker?

So this is what Nigel was dismissing as being dealt with and of zero consequences for AVZ ownership of Manono?

If it wasn't legally ready for sale then perhaps Nigel didn't feel the need to respond? Probably went ' oh cool Zijin's made a lowball offer, I'll put this in the bottom draw for later on when it comes up for sale.'

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Scoota30

Regular
It has now been 24 days since the CAMI mining portal has been updated. For a bit of comparison, I also follow the Ugandan and Mozambique mining portals and they have both been updated in the last 24 hours (and usually updated daily). I would argue from now on it should be called DRC time instead of Africa time when talking about delays.
Maybe the CAMI staff have also filled up on too many snacks and had to use up all their sick leave while they recover 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Misfits

Regular
Morning all, IMO when we come out of this suspension we will show loyal holders that we are 100% in the right. We will also hurt the shorters and they will want to cover. As far as the recent resignation goes, that is a non issue and time for him to move on and do other things in his life. IMO;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
D

Deleted member 1612

How is there zero news though? I thought there would be some detail of the arbitration process but there’s been nothing? Or have I missed it?

Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20

The trouble with lithium

Elon Musk wants to mine it, China is scouring Tibet for it, battery makers are crying out for it.

Lithium, the wonder metal at the heart of the global shift to electric cars, is in a full-blown crisis. :eek:

Demand has outstripped supply, pushing prices up almost 500% in a year and hindering the world’s most successful effort yet to halt global warming.
blank.gif

The shortage of lithium is so acute that in China, which makes about 80% of the world’s lithium-ion batteries, the government corralled suppliers and manufacturers to demand “a rational return” to lower prices.

Analysts at Macquarie Group Ltd. warned of a “a perpetual deficit,” while Citigroup Inc. nearly doubled its price forecast for 2022, saying an “extreme” rally could be coming.

The consequences of failure to produce enough lithium are potentially devastating.

Global investment in EVs has grown faster than any other new-energy sector over the past few years, outstripping even wind and solar power.

1653527579234.png

“It looks like the expansion ramp up is not going to be fast enough to hit demand” over the next three years, said Cameron Perks, an analyst at Benchmark. EV makers “have been asleep at the wheel.”

The crunch prompted a characteristically blunt tweet from Musk in April.

“Price of lithium has gone to insane levels!” he posted on Twitter.

“Tesla might actually have to get into the mining & refining directly at scale, unless costs improve.”

Tightening supply and higher prices have prompted a flurry of acquisitions and joint ventures as battery makers and automakers try to secure supplies, and unleashed a wave of resource nationalism among governments.

As early as last June, Fitch Solutions said lithium had become a “strategic mineral,” and warned of “rising government intervention.”

1653527737129.png

The quickest way to increase supply is to ramp up output from these existing sources. Ganfeng Lithium Co., one of the world’s largest producers, said it’ll use record profits to boost output. Australia’s Pilbara Minerals Ltd. aims to raise production capacity more than 50% by the September quarter by expanding its Pilgangoora mine in Western Australia, a project that includes Chinese partners Great Wall Motor Co. and CATL.

For many brine-lithium producers, increasing output quickly is constrained by their permits and the time taken to let the liquid evaporate.

One longer-term solution is to find new deposits.

1653527857315.png

1653527921222.png

AVZ # ! #.jpg

Africa !.jpg

Homer simpson Pie.png

Mining.png

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono 🇨🇩 🚘🔋

Frank :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 users
Morning all, IMO when we come out of this suspension we will show loyal holders that we are 100% in the right. We will also hurt the shorters and they will want to cover. As far as the recent resignation goes, that is a non issue and time for him to move on and do other things in his life. IMO;)
Is there more to the story about the resignation that you have heard mate? 😘

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Misfits

Regular
Is there more to the story about the resignation that you have heard mate? 😘
No mate, nothing more to add. Just a non issue and IMO a replacement will come if not already. people move on with their lives and I suspect this is what has happened. Looking fwd to the 1st where hopefully the market will have some good news and we can move on and build a mine.

Reactions: 11 users
No mate, nothing more to add. Just a non issue and IMO a replacement will come if not already. people move on with their lives and I suspect this is what has happened. Looking fwd to the 1st where hopefully the market will have some good news and we can move on and build a mine.
Yeh no worries mate! Yes I suspect with the transition from Explorer to Miner we will see a few changes to the team which is to be expected 👍

Reactions: 6 users

Tycoon Mwale links up with American firm to build DRC battery plant

Thursday May 26 2022

Kenyan tycoon Julius Mwale has partnered with an American firm to build a battery plant in the mineral rich Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to power smart cities.

The battery plant to be constructed by the US Engineering and infrastructure firm KE International has enlisted a Mr Mwale as one of its key partners in the project.

The plant will manufacture electric power storage batteries to power smart cities—which use technology to provide services and solve city problems-- in Africa.

"We are investing in building a 16 Gigawatt (16 terawatt) battery manufacturing plant in the DRC, to help power our smart cities in Kenya and the rest of Africa," Mr Mwale in a statement.

Mr Mwale is behind the so-called Mwale City that seeks to transform Lunza, a sleepy village in Kakamega County, into a ‘Silicon Valley’ worth at least Sh200 billion.

The worth, size and construction dates of the plant were not revealed.

Mr Mwale said he inked fundraising deals at a recent global conference with different financiers and partners for the DRC plant.

“The new partnerships will enable us to expand Mwale Medical tourism city model across Africa, where we have secured 18 locations for smart cities expansion," he said.

Mwale said KE International which oversaw the construction of Mwale City in Kenya will be in charge of completing the battery power plant in DRC.

The plant is being built next to Cobalt and Nickel mines belonging to the tycoon in DRC, he added.

"This is expected to solve the supply chain issues, in battery supplies in the world. The batteries will also be used to power electric vehicles, bicycles, and for residential and commercial purposes,” said Mwale.

The electric battery market is estimated to be worth $45 trillion between now and 2050. Electric batteries were the 38th most traded product in 2020 at $67 billion according to OEC, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology's data analysis firm.

Mwale's smart cities could make him a key player in the battery storage market due to the ownership of power plants like one at Mwale City.

Expanding that to Electric vehicle batteries, residential and commercial storage will guarantee sustainability of smart cities worldwide, analysts have said.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

BEISHA

Top 20
While the DRC / AVZ has its challenges from the scum China state govt, an even more worrisome event is on the horizon.....

When is the world going to wise up ?

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Couldn't agree more! This one point has continued to astound me. With Australia and China in some kind of silent battle, why would we cede control of this strategic resource to our "opponent"? If we're such great miners, why don't we seek to extend and apply those skills to overseas projects?
So incredibly short-sighted and small-minded.
The Chinese must be having a good old laugh as we take aim at our own foot and pull the trigger!
Talk of incredibly short sighted, if the US is so adament in pushing back Chinas ultra aggresive moves to control the mineral space world wide on top of other ulterior motives, why didnt they or EURO show some interest in JV / offtake in AVZ ?

Surely they would of known that China would eventually make a play on the largest , most pure deposit/s of lithium the world has ever seen.

mind boggling.gif

imo

Reactions: 21 users

Samus

Top 20

Tycoon Mwale links up with American firm to build DRC battery plant

Thursday May 26 2022

Kenyan tycoon Julius Mwale has partnered with an American firm to build a battery plant in the mineral rich Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to power smart cities.

The battery plant to be constructed by the US Engineering and infrastructure firm KE International has enlisted a Mr Mwale as one of its key partners in the project.

The plant will manufacture electric power storage batteries to power smart cities—which use technology to provide services and solve city problems-- in Africa.

"We are investing in building a 16 Gigawatt (16 terawatt) battery manufacturing plant in the DRC, to help power our smart cities in Kenya and the rest of Africa," Mr Mwale in a statement.

Mr Mwale is behind the so-called Mwale City that seeks to transform Lunza, a sleepy village in Kakamega County, into a ‘Silicon Valley’ worth at least Sh200 billion.

The worth, size and construction dates of the plant were not revealed.

Mr Mwale said he inked fundraising deals at a recent global conference with different financiers and partners for the DRC plant.

“The new partnerships will enable us to expand Mwale Medical tourism city model across Africa, where we have secured 18 locations for smart cities expansion," he said.

Mwale said KE International which oversaw the construction of Mwale City in Kenya will be in charge of completing the battery power plant in DRC.

The plant is being built next to Cobalt and Nickel mines belonging to the tycoon in DRC, he added.

"This is expected to solve the supply chain issues, in battery supplies in the world. The batteries will also be used to power electric vehicles, bicycles, and for residential and commercial purposes,” said Mwale.

The electric battery market is estimated to be worth $45 trillion between now and 2050. Electric batteries were the 38th most traded product in 2020 at $67 billion according to OEC, a Massachusetts Institute of Technology's data analysis firm.

Mwale's smart cities could make him a key player in the battery storage market due to the ownership of power plants like one at Mwale City.

Expanding that to Electric vehicle batteries, residential and commercial storage will guarantee sustainability of smart cities worldwide, analysts have said.
Wonder who they'll get the lithium from? Love to see a US or EU company pop out of the woodwork and take a cut in Manono instead of the Chinese. Mr pee pee not looking so appealing atm.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
first time I saw her I thought she looks like a crook, looks as miserable af too, she actually scares me.

But yeah that article dated 6th of Jan, well prior to IGF report, just more noise from the crooks agenda trying to get their version out in hope it will come to fruition before the truth started coming out, however boy does Nige n Co. have some explaining to do before they open trading. Send those messages and emails boys and girls, ask the hard questions just in case management are contemplating letting us trade on a half arsed ann that doesnt address everything out there, like like the claims in the bs article, give us all answers the market wants Nige.

View attachment 7736
The article was authored by Gary Kuba Bekanga

He seems to have some credibility in the DRC press from what I have been able to find

IS there something in what he is saying?

• Thinking

JAG

Top 20
1653537710531.png

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

JAG

Top 20
1653537967927.png

Reactions: 12 users

tonster66

Regular
Talk of incredibly short sighted, if the US is so adament in pushing back Chinas ultra aggresive moves to control the mineral space world wide on top of other ulterior motives, why didnt they or EURO show some interest in JV / offtake in AVZ ?

Surely they would of known that China would eventually make a play on the largest , most pure deposit/s of lithium the world has ever seen.

View attachment 7775
imo
Maybe they thought because it was in control by an Australian company they didnt need to

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

John25

Regular

• Haha

Samus

Top 20
Most of it is echoing what we already know, and the fact the article is from Jan and the IGF report has been done since then, I'm not overly concerned, I just want it all answered by the government and in turn management. As long as we stay suspended until management can give us all the answers the market needs in our favour of course, then I'll be happy as a pig in shit
Trouble is he seems to be coming from a cominiere zijin biased perspective. Probably around the time the pigs started squealing realising that they might be headding for a trip to the abattoir.

• Haha
  • Fire

Samus

Top 20
first time I saw her I thought she looks like a crook, looks as miserable af too, she actually scares me.

But yeah that article dated 6th of Jan, well prior to IGF report, just more noise from the crooks agenda trying to get their version out in hope it will come to fruition before the truth started coming out, however boy does Nige n Co. have some explaining to do before they open trading. Send those messages and emails boys and girls, ask the hard questions just in case management are contemplating letting us trade on a half arsed ann that doesnt address everything out there, like like the claims in the bs article, give us all answers the market wants Nige.

View attachment 7736
:eek::unsure:
Looks like a jailbird already :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Top Bottom