AVZ Discussion 2022

CHB

Regular
I think it is just because the toothless tiger doesn't yet have a backbone. The longer this drags out, the more damage he does to his own country via the ICSID fines and further reputational damage which will discourage western investment. His smartest move forward is to bring all parties together for some form of a negotiated settlement whereby everyone has to "give a little" so that all parties are appeased as Carlos has been saying for a long while.

If he doesn't grow a backbone after this new government is formed, it will probably be the worst decision for him. If we go the full length and AVZ end up with what we are entitled, what's to stop Zijin from then taking the DRC Gov to court for giving them (albeit illegally as per mining code) a percentage ownership and then taking it off of them? The best path forward for everyone is still a negotiated settlement.
I'm of the same opinion.

For me April is key, hopefully we have funding sorted out and then the new government formed.

If no progress after that then I wouldn't be expecting anything to happen outside of running the court process. Which also to me means Felix doesn't give AF.

To be honest, I already think he doesn't give AF but he seems to have excuse after excuse made for him. First it was elections coming up, then it was waiting for some court cases so he could look like he has no choice to save face to the chinese, then it was waiting for a new government to form.

I think after April there aren't any excuses for him anymore.

Reactions: 7 users
Yeh like wtf, how long is it meant to take to form government/cabinet?

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

CHB

Regular
Yeh like wtf, how long is it meant to take to form government/cabinet?

Gotta wait for the brown paper bag musical chairs to finish up first

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Frank

Top 20
1711953855037.png

1711953892188.png

1711953979310.png

1711954053475.png

1711954241122.png

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

tonster66

Regular
I think it is just because the toothless tiger doesn't yet have a backbone. The longer this drags out, the more damage he does to his own country via the ICSID fines and further reputational damage which will discourage western investment. His smartest move forward is to bring all parties together for some form of a negotiated settlement whereby everyone has to "give a little" so that all parties are appeased as Carlos has been saying for a long while.

If he doesn't grow a backbone after this new government is formed, it will probably be the worst decision for him. If we go the full length and AVZ end up with what we are entitled, what's to stop Zijin from then taking the DRC Gov to court for giving them (albeit illegally as per mining code) a percentage ownership and then taking it off of them? The best path forward for everyone is still a negotiated settlement.
Yes mate, Felix has no backbone I am just trying to be hopeful. For MoM to appoint herself as an inspector of mines and not be challenged (to even have the audacity to do this is bizarre) by the government shows how inept the government is. I am trying to remain hopeful but its like 1 step forward hit the snake and go back to the start.

• Fire

You don't negotiate with terrorists. Zijin can suck a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Frank

Top 20
1711972916677.png

1711972819015.png

1711972864649.png

1711973137552.png

1711972992693.png

dog with a bone.png

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Seaworthy

Emerged
1712006203451.png

hedrox

Regular
Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 08.45.25.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Doc

Master of Quan
News headline received for AVZ. Headline reads: Extension of Exclusive Due Diligence Period with Locke - CMC Markets Invest Alert.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
1712012121388.png

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

CHB

Regular
Extended to 31 May wow.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Frank

Top 20
Prime Minister: Mrs. Judith Suminwa appointed Prime Minister

Originally from Kongo-Central, Mrs. Judith Suminwa Tuluka is appointed Prime Minister this Monday, April 1, 2024 by the Head of State Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo.

The announcement was made on the national channel by spokesperson Tina Salama.

Until before her appointment, Mrs. Suminwa was Minister of Planning in the Sama 2 government.

She will now occupy this position, replacing Sama Lukonde, the now former Prime Minister.

It should be noted that this is for the first time that a woman has been appointed to the Prime Minister in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Judith Suminwa: “I know that the task is great, the challenges are immense but together with the Head of State,…, we will get there”

Aware of the new responsibilities that await them at the Prime Minister's Office, the new Prime Minister of the DRC, Judith Suminwa Tuluka, for her first words, affirmed that the Head of State Félix-Antoine can count on his loyalty to help him to lead the country towards its development.

The one who was minister of planning in the Sama 2 government, also had a pious thought towards all the Congolese victims of insecurity in the East of the DRC.

“I am aware of the great responsibility that is mine, I indicated to the Head of State that he could count on my loyalty to help him carry out the development of our very dear country and that we can on the basis of his commitments that he defined at the time of his inauguration, to work for peace and development in the DRC, that the Congolese people can benefit from this country, from the resources which were given to us by the lord", said Prime Minister Judith Suminwa Tuluka

And added: “I know that the task is great, the challenges are immense, but together with the Head of State, with the support of our government, of all the institutions as well as the support of the Congolese population , we'll make it.

My thoughts go to the East and to all corners of the country which, today, are faced with conflicts facing enemies who are sometimes hidden, who do not reveal themselves, but who we will find, who we will pursue in one way or another, I think of this entire population, my heart goes out to them.”

Note that Judith Suminwa Tuluka is the first woman to occupy the position of Prime Minister in the history of the DRC.

mediacongo

Last edited:
  • Thinking

Azzler

Top 20
Do we have any legal outcomes pending by 31st of May?
I'm wondering if they're waiting on something specific.

As far as my ears have heard, there's no info floating around in regards to this funding, if anyone knows what's really going on, they're being very tight lipped.
Rumors that it was sorted last week seem to have been incorrect.

This extension could mean anything and doesn't really tell us much.
It could mean things are not looking that great for AVZ getting this finance.
It could mean it's nothing but administrative details that simply need to be checked off, which I think is the most likely situation, since it was worded like that in the anouncement. "Working through a relatively small number of outstanding issues."
It's also possible we are very near to a settlement and may not need the money. That's very wishful but it's still possible.

It's a little concerning that we are meant to run out of funds before 31st May, but I suppose mangement can keep it going dry for a few weeks.
Dissapointing though, it would have been good to put funding concerns to rest.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Doc

Master of Quan
  • Haha

wombat74

Top 20
Do we have any legal outcomes pending by 31st of May?
I'm wondering if they're waiting on something specific.

As far as my ears have heard, there's no info floating around in regards to this funding, if anyone knows what's really going on, they're being very tight lipped.
Rumors that it was sorted last week seem to have been incorrect.

This extension could mean anything and doesn't really tell us much.
It could mean things are not looking that great for AVZ getting this finance.
It could mean it's nothing but administrative details that simply need to be checked off, which I think is the most likely situation, since it was worded like that in the anouncement. "Working through a relatively small number of outstanding issues."
It's also possible we are very near to a settlement and may not need the money. That's very wishful but it's still possible.

It's a little concerning that we are meant to run out of funds before 31st May, but I suppose mangement can keep it going dry for a few weeks.
Dissapointing though, it would have been good to put funding concerns to rest.
Could also mean Locke want to wait and see if the DRC are going to pay their fines .

"Following the orders received on 15 November 2023, AVZI has applied to the ICC for a partial award seeking to liquidate (i.e. have paid) the accrued fines in respect of both emergency orders." AVZ 15/03 /24

Also waiting for the new Gov to be formed ?

Either way AVZ's money management has been a complete f--k up . imo

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Avz management have handled the finances of this company very poorly, looking out for themselves first and shareholders last. An absolute disgrace if you ask me -

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Sad
Top Bottom