AVZ Discussion 2022

Panther22

Regular
All in the Chinese play book. Not wishing to jump to conclusions without proper announcements but Chinese always play the long game. All of us on here is playing the short game i.e wanting to see the rewards in our lifetime.

Still no one can answer me who polices the orders made in our favour? Chinese/DRC ignore them yet nothing is enforced. So what if there is fines accumulating by the day, who is going to get that for us?
Dead set over this as we all are. Each day ICSID decision, which is overdue, is not published l fear where this is going.

Fear China, no ethics, no scruples, no conscience, no morals, corrupt to the core, not to be trusted in any form on any issue. They want control of anything that happens in the World as their leader stated in the 2017 70th Anniversary of CCP by the 100th Anniversary (see, they play the long game) especially valued minerals.

Can only hope that the fall in the Chinese economy continues, l suspect it is already in dire straights yet not properly reported by the CCP.

Obviously the corrupt DRC officials are not blameless, they too have been set up by Chinese so if it all goes bad for them the Chinese will appear blameless.

Sorry, sometimes you just have to vent. Occupied far too many hours/days in the last 2 years sitting on here and HC to get info and hope for the best.
This saga has totally changed my attitude and strategies on investing. Simply cash in the bank at 5%, less stressful than being in limbo with no control hoping for huge % returns. Don't get my hopes up on posts that hint on something good is "imminent", pretty much all false alarms and l wish they would stop.

GLTAH sincerely.
My arthritic fingers are crossed.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

wombat74

Top 20
I believe it is infact exciting.
I guess just not comming today. :(
Azzler . Can you elaborate at all on this exciting announcement you heard about ? Cheers

Azzler

Top 20
Azzler . Can you elaborate at all on this exciting announcement you heard about ? Cheers
I probably exaggerated with using the word "exciting". Good for AVZ would be more accurate.
I think everyone's already speculated on what it's about.
Not direct from any source myself though, it's just what's going around.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Azzler

Top 20
Also people seem to be making rather concrete speculations about the new interim orders request update from ISCID site.
I don't know what it means but I don't see how people are already calling it from that VERY limited update, it could be fucking anything.

Perhaps they were waiting on info from the ICC ruling to make this motion at the ISCID for this mysterious interim intervention?
All speculation.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

RHyNO

Regular
Well done Nigel. You’ve now spent all our money expanding the JORC and not securing the actual resource. These court cases are all a Fugazi a wazy a woozy. Same as the MMGA hustle. Just the board and exec branch covering their incredible incompetence so we don’t roll up on their mansions with pitch forks! Clearly incompetent. This is sovereign risk. Being supported by a suspension that should never have been allowed to happen.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
"What he doesn’t realize is there are around 20,000 plus innocent shareholders that he is stealing from … a go fund me with funds" (Jens on X )

If we all chip in $1k each there's $20 mil . Who's going first ?
I won't give another cent with the current remuneration policy

No fucking way I'm paying for the bod's hefty wages and bonuses lmao

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
100% agree, BOD haven’t achieved anything past 2 years that has improved my life. Brutal reality of running a publically listed company, fail to achieve shareholder uplift then you do not get rewarded. We can do with Ben and Nigel who actually got their hands dirty if need be. Let’s wait and see what this means first

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Also people seem to be making rather concrete speculations about the new interim orders request update from ISCID site.
I don't know what it means but I don't see how people are already calling it from that VERY limited update, it could be fucking anything.

Perhaps they were waiting on info from the ICC ruling to make this motion at the ISCID for this mysterious interim intervention?
All speculation.
Ill take a punt.
We have already had ICC/ICSID verdicts go our way. This includes what is currently 100K a day in fines. On top of this the determination was that DRC has to maintain the status quo in relation to 13359 and do nothing with it. Obvious as fuck DRC have totally ignored. Pretty easy for AVZ to drum up evidence of this. There was even an job ad for the Manono lithium mine doing the rounds.
My guess is they have asked for something more concrete to ensure Zijin arent all over the tenement like ants.

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Doc

Master of Quan
I won't give another cent with the current remuneration policy

No fucking way I'm paying for the bod's hefty wages and bonuses lmao
I know it sounds like lets crap on the BoD day but I remember clearly at the shitshow in Sydney where Nigel stated that funds would be looked at every 3 months and savings made where necessary. I cannot see one instance of tightening the belt, IN FACT they had the gall to slide in some bonuses last financial year. I think people would be more understanding of our situation if we believed the BoD was in the trenches eating out of a can of expired baked beans and shitting in a hole like the rest of us. I know Nigel would be working his arse off but its about image, he sat at home for the full covid crisis on full pay ( and I still believe thats where we lost this thing ). Its a bad metric. If Nigel would of taken a small hit somewhere along the way his image would be totally different IMO.
Saying that we still in the fight ( at the moment ) so we back the board to get some resolution out of this.

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

wombat74

Top 20
They're more likely to respect the final decision as that will be based on the merits of the case and will open up the door to the seizure of state assets as well as sanctions for those involved in corruption

But the first hearing on merits isn't until June 2025 according to 9card so for now they will just continue wearing us down to see if we capitulate imo
So 'IF' this is case (it may not be ) the asset is lost /AVZ is out . Does Nigel now announce we are suing the DRC government at ICSID for X amount of $$$ or does he play the we still want to negotiate never ending bunch of Bull sh1t while we wait for ICSID game?

Reactions: 1 users

CHB

Regular
So 'IF' this is case (it may not be ) the asset is lost /AVZ is out . Does Nigel now announce we are suing the DRC government at ICSID for X amount of $$$ or does he play the we still want to negotiate never ending bunch of Bull sh1t while we wait for ICSID game?
We have to wait don't we? Isn't the ICSID cases in progress allow us to do just that?

Reactions: 3 users

Hemicuda

Regular
I know it sounds like lets crap on the BoD day but I remember clearly at the shitshow in Sydney where Nigel stated that funds would be looked at every 3 months and savings made where necessary. I cannot see one instance of tightening the belt, IN FACT they had the gall to slide in some bonuses last financial year. I think people would be more understanding of our situation if we believed the BoD was in the trenches eating out of a can of expired baked beans and shitting in a hole like the rest of us. I know Nigel would be working his arse off but its about image, he sat at home for the full covid crisis on full pay ( and I still believe thats where we lost this thing ). Its a bad metric. If Nigel would of taken a small hit somewhere along the way his image would be totally different IMO.
Saying that we still in the fight ( at the moment ) so we back the board to get some resolution out of this.
Remind me again, do we have a bod? Who are they , can’t remember

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

wombat74

Top 20
We have to wait don't we? Isn't the ICSID cases in progress allow us to do just that?
But what are the consequences the DRC face ? Generally when you set the wheels in motion to sue someone there are details like how much $$$.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
IMO this will be... DRC have done sweet FA to maintain the status quo as ordered by the 16th Jan ICSID interim order (CAMI hasn't even been updated), so Dathcom requests additional measures so they actually take notice.
Fark me, it's been 8 weeks since the ruling, I hope we hear something from the BoD soon regarding this and ICC on Jin Cheng jurisdiction.

I, like many of us, are mentally and physically drained that this has dragged on for so long and feel for everyone doing it tough.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Management touched on this issue for ICC case against Cominiere in the latest quarterly. Basically we need to go back to the tribunal and seek confirmation of the contraventions before recovering what we are awarded. It will be the same for the final awards. So ultimately it will be up to us through our lawyers to get our money (or other legal remedies) if it is confirmed.

View attachment 58924

Also did you mean Zijin ICC decision is overdue? Because we aren't expecting anything near term from the ICSID as far as I'm aware other than this potential new provisional measures request lodged on Friday. Unless it's another 'clerical error'.
We still owed 180k in legal fees from the first case last June I think it was. Haven’t seen that come in on the books. Good luck to us getting millions or billions

Reactions: 13 users

Mute22

Regular
Are we still expecting an announcement this week?
Im Fine GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

protoje

Regular
Everyone’s been so bloody negative today I’m not even excited at the idea of an announcement any more…

Sad The Office GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom