AVZ Discussion 2022

JasonM

Regular
would love this ml shit to get sorted and for avz just to sell it off at a reasonable price so we can get the fuck away from the drc, at this stage that would be a dream come true. I would love it even more if the buyer wasnt chinese, someone like a rio who is big enough that they have the financial and workforce resources to develop it and manage the shit they would undoubtedly have to deal with in the drc. A big miner like rio would also be the best outcome for the people of the drc and help to lift them out of the mess they're in. atlas, just a dream. from a selfish perspective, I'd just be happy with a fair price to whoever pays up even if it is the slimy corrupt chinese.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users

CashKing

Regular
would love this ml shit to get sorted and for avz just to sell it off at a reasonable price so we can get the fuck away from the drc, at this stage that would be a dream come true. I would love it even more if the buyer wasnt chinese, someone like a rio who is big enough that they have the financial and workforce resources to develop it and manage the shit they would undoubtedly have to deal with in the drc. A big miner like rio would also be the best outcome for the people of the drc and help to lift them out of the mess they're in. atlas, just a dream. from a selfish perspective, I'd just be happy with a fair price to whoever pays up even if it is the slimy corrupt chinese.
I would say we are fighting for
The ML and then negotiating bud.

I’m in the same boat and unfortunately it’s not Jens mates yacht with all the sexy chicks and Moneybags getting loose..

It’s not even a 5ft dingy with a Chinese outboard on the back at the moment bro…

Let’s hope something goes our way in this shit show.

GLTAH

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

SilentOne

Regular
Update on the ICSID Site - https://icsid.worldbank.org/cases/case-database/case-detail?CaseNo=ARB/23/20

1710191810220.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Any idea what this means broadly speaking ???

protoje

Regular
Any idea what this means broadly speaking ???
I have no idea, but according to chatGPT: “In the context of ICSID (International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes), "The Claimants file a request for provisional measures" means that the parties bringing a dispute before ICSID have submitted a formal request for temporary or interim measures to be taken by the tribunal. These measures are designed to preserve the status quo or protect the parties' rights during the course of the arbitration proceedings.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 6 users

wombat74

Top 20
I have no idea, but according to chatGPT: “In the context of ICSID (International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes), "The Claimants file a request for provisional measures" means that the parties bringing a dispute before ICSID have submitted a formal request for temporary or interim measures to be taken by the tribunal. These measures are designed to preserve the status quo or protect the parties' rights during the course of the arbitration proceedings.
So does this mean this sh1t show continues ? F---kers going to drag us out ?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm gonna have a guess and say that it's possible negotiations are going good or bad. The Claimants (AVZ) should put a request for interim measures in even if negotiations are going good so that the interim measure could be like "DRC pays X if they don't follow through with Y" (Y being something they may have recently negotiated) to give AVZ a bit more of a gaurentee than just a DRC official signature that, as we know, doesn't mean shit

Reactions: 5 users

Fivez

Emerged
Tenders for constructions for Manono Lithium...

View attachment 58705
Hope I am wrong, but could this be related to the recent ICSID request for provisional measures?

1710197386413.png

• Thinking

Doc

Master of Quan
I'm gonna have a guess and say that it's possible negotiations are going good or bad. The Claimants (AVZ) should put a request for interim measures in even if negotiations are going good so that the interim measure could be like "DRC pays X if they don't follow through with Y" (Y being something they may have recently negotiated) to give AVZ a bit more of a gaurentee than just a DRC official signature that, as we know, doesn't mean shit
“I'm gonna have a guess and say that it's possible negotiations are going good or bad.”

Yep that pretty much sums this up

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Hope I am wrong, but could this be related to the recent ICSID request for provisional measures?

View attachment 58913
The request for provisional measures on November 6th culminated in the interim orders / provisional measures on January 16th which the DRC state has so far ignored for over 50 days

This is something new concerning maintaining the 'status quo'

Indicates that negotiations between the parties have not progressed so AVZ / Dathcom are preparing to go the distance imo

Reactions: 13 users

wombat74

Top 20
The request for provisional measures on November 6th culminated in the interim orders / provisional measures on January 16th which the DRC state has so far ignored for over 50 days

Indicates that negotiations between the parties have not progressed so AVZ / Dathcom are preparing to go the distance imo
Maintain the 'status quo' while China develops the North and waits to steal Roche Dure . AVZ will need $$$ before we can go the distance .

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

wombat74

Top 20

If this is in fact the case should we be expecting resignations ? Surely most of BoD and staff can go .

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Maintain the 'status quo' while China develops the North and waits to steal Roche Dure . AVZ will need $$$ before we can go the distance .
If the DRC government aren't complying with ICSID orders and aren't negotiating in good faith then going the distance is our only option

Like I said last week I think this will take a long time to resolve unless we give China the north. And even then there will probably be a never ending list of shit they want from us if we start to concede any of our rights.

Unbelievable that we are low on funds with the cash position we had entering suspension. I'm confident Locke will approve the funding facility but if not then we will probably see a raise that dilutes our final award to get us through the years of arbitration.

• Sad
Reactions: 12 users

mouseflying

Regular
If the DRC government aren't complying with ICSID orders and aren't negotiating in good faith then going the distance is our only option

Like I said last week I think this will take a long time to resolve unless we give China the north. And even then there will probably be a never ending list of shit they want from us if we start to concede any of our rights.

Unbelievable that we are low on funds with the cash position we had entering suspension. I'm confident Locke will approve the funding facility but if not then we will probably see a raise that dilutes our final award to get us through the years of arbitration.
If the DRC government is not complying with interim ICSID orders, can we expect them to respect the final order?

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20

It's a complete f--k up no matter which way you look at it . Cash should have been raised and in the bank months ago . This whole mess should have been sorted months ago .

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Time for avz to update their shareholders who have had fuck all information since we voted them back in. What a nightmare

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

wombat74

Top 20
"What he doesn’t realize is there are around 20,000 plus innocent shareholders that he is stealing from … a go fund me with funds" (Jens on X )

If we all chip in $1k each there's $20 mil . Who's going first ?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Spikerama

Regular
"What he doesn’t realize is there are around 20,000 plus innocent shareholders that he is stealing from … a go fund me with funds" (Jens on X )

Here's my contribution. Should just about cover it.

Reactions: 11 users

CHB

Regular

You can :)

Top Bottom