AVZ Discussion 2022

Frank

Top 20
Hi all,

It would be a real pity to start this event with all the current noise around AVZ.

Surely they have to come up with something to show they are serious.

It will be an answer to every burst of positivism from speakers, yes okay but about recent ownership issues and games with AVZ? How could we get involved if in the end we are played?

Dopi

So i guess the 1st of June could be a Big Day in more ways than one, as

DRC Mining Week is back in Lubumbashi from 1–3 June.

Accordingly the Company requests an extension to the voluntary suspension until the commencement
of trade on 1 June 2022 or an announcement to the market regarding its mining and exploration rights
for the Manono Project.

Hopefully Nigel has all the i's dotted & t's crossed on a Slam Dunk Ann to kick things off, If not before(y)

Reactions: 22 users

Dopi

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
View attachment 7582

I'm personally looking in a very positive way to all the noise around AVZ. This media exposure we currently getting all around the world - it's unbelievable. This is the best free marketing campaign one can dream about. Yes, there is lot of bullshit, "utter rubbish" and rumors... but, at least now every single mom and dad and their dog knows - that there is Manono, there is AVZ and there is a biggest lithium deposit in the world. And when AVZ BOD will come on the stage with an announcement on ML and ownership, all those AFR and different Shithole Daily News will follow up again. I didn't use word "IF" instead of "when" because if the news will be bad then we are fucked anyway... even without help of shorters and paid journos. So, at the moment I can only say thank you to shorters for helping AVZ to receive more media exposure. I hope we will stay in suspension until NF brings us strong bulletproof announcement that will make shorters feel the pain similar to Volkswagen or GameStop squeez and in international press AVZ will look like a monster who defeated Zijin.
That's an excellent take on the cynical media campaign and the lazy journalism, our AVZ coverage has multiplied and will inevitably raise the stakes come the announcement

Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
AVZ time q4 2023 - real time Easter 2024. Worth waiting for! 🤞
1653389397719.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

DRC Mining Community Prepares for June Big Bash in Lubumbashi as DRC Mining Week Returns​

It’s official, DRC Mining Week is back in Lubumbashi from 1–3 June, and to say that the industry is excited about its homecoming is an understatement.

This long-running, award-winning and flagship expo and conference returns to the heart of the Copperbelt and the bustling mining hub of the DRC to celebrate the region’s unlimited resilience, successes and opportunities.

The event boasts longstanding and loyal support from many sector leaders, including ERG Africa, FBN Bank and Glencore, who are diamond sponsors, while Equity BCDC, Orange and Standard Bank are platinum plus sponsors.

Other big names in industry that have partnered with DRC Mining Week in June include Ivanhoe Mines, the Cobalt Institute, USAID and Global Communities.

The largest expo and conference in the Copperbelt dedicated to the mining and industrial sector, DRC Mining Week will again gather some 600 mining executives from 80 mining houses and operators, 4000+ attendees, of which 70% will be international, more than 80 expert speakers, and the in- and outdoor exhibition will expect four country pavilions.

Anyone working in or for the mining and exploration sector, energy, professional equipment, machinery, transport and logistics, safety and security, construction, consulting and insurance should be in Lubumbashi from 1–3 June.

18 years and still going strong!

“The DRC Mining Week team is ready to put the ‘bash’ back into Lubumbashi!” joked the DRC Mining Week Event Director Patricia Kazaka.

She is representative of the zest, energy and fun the organisers have become known for over the last 17 years of the event’s existence.

“We cannot wait to open our doors again and welcome all our clients and partners back to the Karavia Hotel, and we know that everyone has really missed having the event live and onsite during the last two years” said Kazaka.

Despite maintaining an innovative digital series of virtual engagement for mining companies, investors and industry suppliers during the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown and hosting many exciting debates with major players in the DRC mining sector, the event organisers, the Vuka Group feel the time is right to return to Lubumbashi.

“We are ready to have a live event again. All the safety protocols will be in place to ensure a valuable and safe experience for everyone to meet other delegates, attend presentations, workshops, networking functions and spend quality time on the expo floors,” confirmed Kazaka.

The who’s who in the sector who are part of DRC Mining Week’s conference programme include:
  • Louis Watum, President, Chamber of Mines, DRC
  • H.E. Jacques Kyabula Katwe Governor of Haut Katanga, DRC
  • H.E. Antoinette N’Samba Kalambayi, Minister of Mines, DRC
  • Amedeo Anniciello, Chief Executive Officer, Standard Bank, DRC
  • Marie-Chantal Kaninda, Head of Corporate Affairs, Glencore, DRC
  • Rene Monzambe, Executive and Regional Manager, Vodacom Congo, DRC
  • Amanda Zaina Matenda, Mine Planning Services and Support Lead- EMEA, Hexagon Mining, South Africa
The programme will address topical issues and challenges in the sector, as well as give the mining houses, operators and industry suppliers the opportunity to share project updates and success stories.

The South African Department of Trade, Industry and Competition as well as the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy have already confirmed their return to DRC Mining Week with country pavilions.

The themes for the conference programme include:

Day 1: Power & Energy Pre-Event Forum & Official Opening (Wednesday, 1 June 2022):
  • 09h00: Power & Energy Pre-Event Forum
  • The race for sustainable power supply: Progress reports from current and upcoming projects
  • – Off grid: Diversifying the energy mix and relooking at DRC operating models to maximise local production
  • 14h00: Official opening of DRC Mining Week
  • – Collaboration to build a resilient and sustainable mining industry in the DRC
Day 2: (Thursday, 2 June 2022):
  • Collaboration to build a resilient and sustainable mining industry in the DRC
  • Junior Mining Forum: Exploration and investment opportunities in DRC
  • Battery metals: Is the DRC ready to harness the green transition?
  • CEO Roundtable (by invitation only)
  • Women in Mining: Paving the way for inclusivity in the sector
  • Financing the sector: What are the options for local companies?
  • From mines to market: Transforming raw materials into end products in Africa
Day 3 (Friday, 3 June 2022):
  • Beyond borders: Increasing intra-regional and international trade with the DRC
  • The Era of Smart Mines: Is the DRC mining market ready for the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
  • Insurance: Mining risk and Responsible mining

*The programme will address topical issues and challenges in the sector, as well as give the mining houses, operators and industry suppliers the opportunity to share project updates and success stories.

Wonder if our Nigel will be there to share AVZ's / Manono's latest chapter in our "Story of Challenges" :mad: :rolleyes: :unsure:

View attachment 7615

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank :cool:
This is where we would expect Nigel. As CEO of the only mining company in battery council and majority share holder in Dathcom he would have to have been invited. If not because of the ongoing shenanigans then the agenda item on investing in the DRC becomes a joke.
1653389605719.png

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

JAG

Top 20
Sound familiar ;)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Cominiere will adjust the portal soon, their desks are a bit cluttered atm that's all, they've been busy after another delivery from Zijin:D

Note they've even got the AVZ share price up there just to check how much Zijin owe's atm

View attachment 7624
WHERE ARE THE SNACKS!?!?!

snacks GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Wouldn't it be nice if NF releases the truckload of good announcements 1-2 days before 1 June so that the shorters get caught off-guard and don't have time to release their load of BS and FUD news in time before trading restarts? And by the time they get to work trading has pushed the SP above ATH and they'll be forced to cover at higher prices in a jiffy.

DYOR IMO

Reactions: 11 users

Helios

Regular
So i guess the 1st of June could be a Big Day in more ways than one, as

DRC Mining Week is back in Lubumbashi from 1–3 June.

Accordingly the Company requests an extension to the voluntary suspension until the commencement
of trade on 1 June 2022 or an announcement to the market regarding its mining and exploration rights
for the Manono Project.

Hopefully Nigel has all the i's dotted & t's crossed on a Slam Dunk Ann to kick things off, If not before(y)
I don't think they are attending. I could not find avz on any part of the site. The final line up is not complete yet. I accessed the site by www.mines.cd

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Wouldn't it be nice if NF releases the truckload of good announcements 1-2 days before 1 June so that the shorters get caught off-guard and don't have time to release their load of BS and FUD news in time before trading restarts? And by the time they get to work trading has pushed the SP above ATH and they'll be forced to cover at higher prices in a jiffy.

DYOR IMO
Ummm....don't release anything 1 or 2 days before!!!.....

release it in the very,very,very,very,very last second you are legally allowed to so those mofo's have NFI what hits them!!!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Just sayin'...;)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Hemicuda

Regular

DYOR IMO
Knock out punch leading into day 2 of DRC mining week, wonder if this is Nige’s master plan? 🤟

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Dow Futures a bit iffy for the general market tomorrow

See what happens in the ensuing hours

AVZ obviously still in suspension so not much to do on that front other than wait for the offical company announcements as they come through

Hang in there everyone

Best wishes and good health to all

Cheers!

Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
Just another day closer............
1653432388436.jpeg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Not much going on at the moment is there... Last couple of days the whole ASX been eerily quiet.

tumble-weed.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

JAG

Top 20
1653433403205.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

It really is the perfect opportunity for Felix to walk the walk and prove to the world that he's changing how business is done. I'll take anything along the lines of him putting AVZ on a pedestal for how companies can operate in the DRC by going about business the proper ethical way and making an example of the Chinese fraudsters. Could even hold a press conference at the site of one of the many hospitals the Chinese haven't built.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Good morning all

Anyone for a coffee? Flat White, one sugar?

Haven't seen or heard any new or relevant info now for a while

Very much just waiting for the official announcements

Nothing much else to do....

1653437687205.gif

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Woogr

I’m with you good ol winenut, it’s so quiet I’m compelled to comment!😜

Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
Boom.....take that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1653439500592.png

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users

BEISHA

Top 20

Mine auction draws 3,448 bids amid scramble for lithium

An auction for a controlling stake in a Chinese lithium mine has garnered 3,448 bids, underscoring the scramble to secure the battery metal that’s key to the clean-energy transition.
blank.gif

The 54.3% stake in Yajiang Snowway Mining Development, which owns the mine in Sichuan, a southwestern province in China, was sold for about 2 billion yuan ($300 million), according to JD.com.

The heated bidding war, which concluded on Saturday, was joined by 21 participants, while over 980,000 people watched online throughout the five-day event.

“We believe the auction price indicates a bullish Chinese primary market for future lithium prices as well as the strategic importance of Sichuan spodumene assets,” Daiwa Capital Markets’ analysts Dennis Ip and Leo Ho said in a note.

The shift to electric vehicles has spurred a global rush for lithium, which is used in virtually all EV batteries, and seen Chinese prices of lithium carbonate surge more than 400% over the past year.

The highest bid in a tender in April by Australia’s Pilbara Minerals Ltd. for spodumene concentrate, a partly-processed form of lithium, more than doubled in just six months.

Yajiang Snowway is undergoing a bankruptcy process.

The Dechenonba lithium mine in Sichuan’s Yajiang area covers 1.14 square kilometers, with estimated reserves of 24.9 million tons and a planned 1-million-ton capacity per year. :ROFLMAO:

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

View attachment 7584

So what's Manono worth :unsure:

The Roche Dure Pegmatite has a proven length of at least 2,100m. (y)

The Carriere de l’Este Pegmatite, with a mapped length of about 5,500m, is potentially the largest pegmatite in the Manono Project. o_O

View attachment 7585

No wonder those "Grasshoppers" want a piece :rolleyes:

Good morning all

Anyone for a coffee? Flat White, one sugar?

Haven't seen or heard any new or relevant info now for a while

Very much just waiting for the official announcements

Nothing much else to do....

View attachment 7645
There isnt much happening with markets overall atm.....snooze fest

zzzzzzz.gif

How is the covid going champ ?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom