AVZ Discussion 2022

Remark

Top 20
A nice close at .79 on an otherwise shitfull day.

Nigel has his pen out practicing his signature I reckon😁

Reactions: 6 users

Pokok

Regular
Finally a decent conversation with people thanks for the responses , but Jag I have a bone to pick with you , stop posting photos of my girlfriends
I find it HARD to concentrate :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

BRICK

Regular
Finally a decent conversation with people thanks for the responses , but Jag I have a bone to pick with you , stop posting photos of my girlfriends
I find it HARD to concentrate :love:
you just leave Friday alone.. hahah

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Pokok

Regular

ptlas

Regular
YOU BUNCH OF BASTARDS
Talking about my sister like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Just got back on deck.

Quite pleased with the close today

Support had held in the mid 70's for a while and now she's pushed up nearly to 80

The rebalancing coming up I'm sure is starting to kick in with positions being taken in readiness

I'm sure in the back of their minds they want to get in now for the rebalance because if the ML drops before the balance date you'd be hard pressed to find a price in the 70's!!!

Go you good thing AVZ

BTW ....have I mentioned it is so refreshing to be here on this forum with intelligent, like minded people who enjoy investing and discussing stocks and investments but also enjoy having a bit of fun and humourus banter along the way? ;)

Life's too short!!!.....unless you're Jag and you get another one chucked in for free :D

Cheers
Nut :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
Just got back on deck.

Support had held in the mid 70's for a while and now she's pushed up nearly to 80

The rebalancing coming up I'm sure is starting to kick in with positions being taken in readiness

I'm sure in the back of their minds they want to get in now for the rebalance because if the ML drops before the balance date you'd be hard pressed to find a price in the 70's!!!

Go you good thing AVZ

BTW ....have I mentioned it is so refreshing to be here on this forum with intelligent, like minded people who enjoy investing and discussing stocks and investments but also enjoy having a bit of fun and humourus banter along the way? ;)

Life's too short!!!.....unless you're Jag and you get another one chucked in for free :D

Cheers
Austin Powers Reaction GIF

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20
The opening tomorrow will be very interesting....well....when isn't it to be honest?

Macro events are awful and I'm not looking to prosper from other's misfortune

However....

Removing reliance on certain fossil fuels (not just oil) and switching to new greener options may have benefits for our planet outside of climate change not previously considered or maybe not as highly considered as previously

Just sayin'

And for the record I think Zelenskyy is one of the bravest politicians I have ever seen in my lifetime

Cheers
Nut:cool:

*Speaking of Fossil Fuels Wino, did you see where o_O

BP exiting its 20% stake in Russian oil and gas company Rosneft

Russian invasion of Ukraine represents ‘ a fundamental change,’ BP chairman says

BP said Sunday it is exiting its share in Rosneft, a state-controlled Russian oil and gas company, in reaction to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

BP has held a 19.75% stake in Rosneft since 2013. That stake is currently valued at $14 billion.

London-based BP also said its CEO, Bernard Looney, and former BP executive Bob Dudley will immediately resign from Rosneft’s board.

“Like so many, I have been deeply shocked and saddened by the situation unfolding in Ukraine and my heart goes out to everyone affected.

It has caused us to fundamentally rethink BP’s position with Rosneft,” Looney said in a statement.

BP Chairman Helge Lund said BP has operated in Russia for more than 30 years.

“However, this military action represents a fundamental change,” Lund said in a statement.

Kwasi Kwarteng, the U.K.’s secretary of state for business and energy, said he welcomed BP’s decision.

“Russia’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine must be a wake up call for British businesses with commercial interests in Putin’s Russia,” Kwarteng said in a tweet.

BP said it will take two non-cash charges in the first quarter to reflect the change, including an $11 billion charge for foreign exchange losses that have accumulated since 2013.

Rosneft’s partnerships with Western oil and gas companies have been stymied before.

In 2011, Exxon Mobil, led at the time by future U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, signed a deal with Rosneft to potentially drill in the oil-rich Russian Arctic. But Exxon ended that partnership in 2017, citing U.S. and European sanctions against Russia.

www.marketwatch.com

*In other News, I see where a,​

Ukrainian sailor reportedly tries to sink Russian oligarch’s yacht: ‘I would do it again’

A Russian oligarch’s yacht was damaged in Spain’s Balaeric Islands over the weekend, reportedly by a Ukrainian sailor seeking revenge for Russia’s invasion of his home country.

According to reports by two local news outlets, Ultima Hora and the English-language Majorca Daily Bulletin, the 55-year-old Ukrainian boat mechanic proudly admitted his actions in court, saying: “I don’t regret anything I’ve done and I would do it again.”

The luxury yacht, the 155-foot-long Lady Anastasia, with an estimated value of nearly $8 million, reportedly belongs to Alexander Mikheev, CEO of Russian arms company Rosoboronexport.

“My boss is a criminal who sells weapons that kill the Ukrainian people,” the Ukrainian sailor, identified only as D. Taras O., reportedly told officers when he was arrested.

According to the reports, he was outraged after seeing video of a Ukrainian apartment block that was hit by a Russian missile. Appearing before a judge Sunday, the man reportedly said: “The armaments used are produced by the yacht owner’s company. They were attacking innocents.”

He reportedly opened large valves in the engine room and crew quarters, turned off the electricity and told the other three crewmen to abandon ship.

The yacht did not entirely sink, but appeared to be riding low in the water in photos. It was unclear how much damage was inflicted.

www.marketwatch.com

#ThumbsUp.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

ptlas

Regular
Ok
Gonna have a rant
Putin has brought mayhem & death to Chechna, Syria, Donbas, Crimea etc.
He has the threat of nuclear weapons so personally is physically untouchable from outside Russia.
He has rigged elections and brutally crushed any dissent.
So then he starts building up forces on the Ukrainian border and says there won't be an invasion.
He had already stolen 10% of the country and NATO etc did half of fuck all about it.
Lying toad.
Anyone with a single neuron knew this macho man could not and would not ' back down'.
The Western analysts told us 7 weeks ago that he would be ready to invade in 6 weeks
Now this is what pisses me off.
Western leaders then go on arse kissing trips to Moscow for talks. About what? Not invading.
All the time the military build up continues and nothing, zilch, nada is done to strengthen Ukraine.
Oh except more talks.
Then he invades
Draghi, that's the Italian PM, is happy with sanctions but they must not include luxury shoes. Guess what business he has interests in.
Now we ( the west) are sending logistical support but we can't even put extra police on the Polish border to speed the exit of women and children in bitterly cold conditions.
FIFA wants to rename the Russian footy team to pretend Russia is banned and it takes the humble players saying no to even have a chance of any sanction to a mere sports team
Meanwhile back at the ranch
The murder YES THAT IS THE WORD
the MURDER continues in peaceful Ukraine.
But wait, I heard today, we Aussies (and as a migrant I chose to be an Aussie and am very proud of it) are sending $3m yes $3m in non-military aid and may even send more.
And nobody, nobody, not our wonderful free press, ABC, BBC etc criticises western politicians.
My point?
Is that nobody with any power or influence cares.
Disgraceful

Rant over
On my phone sorry for any typos

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Frank

Top 20
Just got back on deck.

Go you good thing AVZ

Cheers

BTW ....have I mentioned it is so refreshing to be here on this forum with intelligent, like minded people who enjoy investing and discussing stocks and investments but also enjoy having a bit of fun and humorous banter along the way?

*Ditto to that Wino old mate, someone told me years ago - "Life is Short, We're here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time"(y)

*Plus you're Not going to get Modded by a Nutter for just for being Off Topic here occasionally !

Seriously, Who cares, It wasn't that long ago i got Modded for that on "The Crapper" even when i was on Bloody Topic ffs ! :mad:

*Anyway, As i said before F--K em' Death by a Thousand Cuts is what they deserve imo :ROFLMAO:

Now I see where a,

DRC Woman Has Turned a Passion for Making Mandale Craft Beer Into a Thriving Business

Furaha Tity says the village customers who love mandale “can not only promote us, as women, but also value women’s work.” This home brew is filling and gives its drinkers energy.

DRC Woman Has Turned a Passion for Making Mandale Craft Beer.png

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO — In Kitchanga, a rural town in eastern DRC’s North Kivu province, when a green or blue-and-white-striped plastic bag is seen flying on a stick, it’s a sign that there’s something special for sale. Mandale, one of the most sought-after local brews, that is.

Mandale, also known as “the stomach remedy,” is a famous style of beer brewed primarily by women. For the women of Kitchanga, it’s a bold entrepreneurial move to build a small artisanal brewing facility in the town, but the beer is popular, and the business enables them to provide for their families single-handedly.

Furaha Tity, a mother of five and the wife of a farmer, is one such mandale entrepreneur. Tity began to brew the locally cherished craft beer in 2011 while in Mweso, a village approximately 20 kilometers (12 miles) north, before relocating to Kitchanga.

Today, Tity rents a small house where customers meet to relish the distinct flavors of her unique product. In addition to friends and neighbors who sometimes pass by to say hello and taste her brew, nearly 20 people visit the house per day.

Tity, 31, believes that a good drink is another wellspring from which people draw wisdom.

“I call upon my fellow villagers to always consume our local drink, which is the women’s own making. This way they can not only promote us, as women, but also value women’s work,” she says.

Mwisha Mixona, one of Tity’s customers, believes that the mandale has no equal among many local beer brands. The mandale is rich in several vitamins and proteins, he says.

Tity says, “The smallest serving of mandale costs as little as 200 Congolese francs [14 cents].”

While mandale is loved thanks to its low prices, it’s inspired many women across Kitchanga and elsewhere to turn their passion for making it into successful businesses.

Most consumers, however, are men, since women rarely enjoy this style of beer.

Many say mandale is an “all-in-one drink,” as it fuels the feeling of satiety and keeps you from needing to eat another meal.

The majority of mandale lovers are those who engage in physically demanding activities that often require explosive bursts of energy or unfailing strength throughout the day.

These drinkers include porters and people who toil on stone-crushing sites.

funny-pictures-and-memes-about-beer.jpg

*Before i go i would just like to Welcome an Old mate of ours who joined our growing Community today

Some of you may already know him from HC, If not let me introduce you all to our Friend

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 18-45-12 AVZ Discussion 2022.png

welcome-to-the-club.jpg

Frank

Top 20
Which day of the week is she again?

I believe that's one of the Ukrainian Girls he adopted this week ;):love:o_O

Have you told your Wife yet JAG o_O :oops::eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Frank

Top 20
Another article about AVZ

An unfortunate misspelling of Nigel's name half way through though...

A strong close, FOMO kicking in due to NF's presence in DRC?

I don't think he's there working on his sun tan...

Let's pray to the Lithium Gods the aging old Hippo ( Nige ) finds what we all hope he is looking for over there on "Safari" ;)

Long before they put him in a Crate and Ship him back to Perth Zoo or before any Poachers shoot him for Food :oops: o_O :eek:

Nigel F.jpg

Food for thought ( Manono Hippo Nige ) ;)

Frank :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

BRICK

Regular
Ok
Gonna have a rant
Putin has brought mayhem & death to Chechna, Syria, Donbas, Crimea etc.
He has the threat of nuclear weapons so personally is physically untouchable from outside Russia.
He has rigged elections and brutally crushed any dissent.
So then he starts building up forces on the Ukrainian border and says there won't be an invasion.
He had already stolen 10% of the country and NATO etc did half of fuck all about it.
Lying toad.
Anyone with a single neuron knew this macho man could not and would not ' back down'.
The Western analysts told us 7 weeks ago that he would be ready to invade in 6 weeks
Now this is what pisses me off.
Western leaders then go on arse kissing trips to Moscow for talks. About what? Not invading.
All the time the military build up continues and nothing, zilch, nada is done to strengthen Ukraine.
Oh except more talks.
Then he invades
Draghi, that's the Italian PM, is happy with sanctions but they must not include luxury shoes. Guess what business he has interests in.
Now we ( the west) are sending logistical support but we can't even put extra police on the Polish border to speed the exit of women and children in bitterly cold conditions.
FIFA wants to rename the Russian footy team to pretend Russia is banned and it takes the humble players saying no to even have a chance of any sanction to a mere sports team
Meanwhile back at the ranch
The murder YES THAT IS THE WORD
the MURDER continues in peaceful Ukraine.
But wait, I heard today, we Aussies (and as a migrant I chose to be an Aussie and am very proud of it) are sending $3m yes $3m in non-military aid and may even send more.
And nobody, nobody, not our wonderful free press, ABC, BBC etc criticises western politicians.
My point?
Is that nobody with any power or influence cares.
Disgraceful

Rant over
On my phone sorry for any typos
The passion and heart of those Ukranians is amazing. They got left at the alter and didnt rollover decided to fight. Im not sure wtf was going through Putins head at the time, or any other time for that matter, but this whole situation cant really end positively for him and russia when this all plays out over the next days, months and years.

Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20

Lithium carbonate prices in China extended their rally to 479,500 yuan/tonne in the last week of February, marking a gain of 65% so far in 2022, amid high global demand and projections of scarcity. Sales of electric vehicles powered by lithium batteries are soaring amid the transition to greener energy. According to Adamas Intelligence, a record 25,921 tonnes of lithium carbonate equivalent batteries were deployed to roads during December 2021, a 68% increase on the year and a 31% increase on the month. At the same time, sales of new energy vehicles in China rose by 157% to 3.2 million units in 2021 and are expected to surpass 5 million in 2022. Meanwhile, battery manufacturers race to secure long-term supply contracts due to mineral scarcity. Benchmark Mineral Intelligence estimates a 26,000-tonne shortfall in 2022 and a 300,000 tonne by 2030, as miners cannot keep up with demand.​

Remark

Top 20
AVZ having a good push upwards today with the US market rebounding last night & the NF FOMO visit kicking in😁

Remark

Top 20
So many linewipes, I guess I picked the wrong day to give up cocaine:LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Fletch77

Regular
So many linewipes, I guess I picked the wrong day to give up cocaine:LOL:
Hahaha I have boycott Vodka because of Russia… I hope the Columbians don’t do anything stupid 😉

TheCount

Regular
Hahaha I have boycott Vodka because of Russia… I hope the Columbians don’t do anything stupid 😉
Let me know if you want to try some Australian Vodka..... ;)

TC.

Reactions: 5 users

Frank

Top 20
*Great to see things are looking up for Felix and the DRC atm, as the "Solution Country" gathers momentum and no better place for a Battery Factory thanks to Manono, as

An economic mission of South African investors expected in DRC

The Congolese Minister of Finance, Nicolas Kazadi, paid a courtesy visit to the Republic of South Africa from February 21 to 24, 2022 following the invitation of his counterpart, the Minister of Finance of the Republic of South Africa, Mr. Enoch Godongwana.​

According to the communication service of the Ministry of Finance, this mission enabled Nicolas Kazadi to participate in the presentation of the 2022 budget before the South African Parliament and hold working sessions to strengthen economic ties between the two countries and prepare the organization of the ” RDC-RSA Business Forum for the financing of economic recovery ” in Kinshasa, on the sidelines of the State visit of the South African President, which will take place in June 2022.

South African investors are preparing to come to Kinshasa already in the next few days to explore the terrain as a prelude to the signing of partnerships in several growth-accelerating sectors, namely infrastructure, mining, banking, and insurance, etc

Regarding the participation in the presentation speech of the 2022 Budget before the South African Parliament, the Democratic Republic of Congo was the guest of honor during the presentation by the Minister of Finance of the RSA of the budget for the financial year. 2022, on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, in Cape Town.

This ceremony is a major economic event in South Africa due to the mobilization it arouses among the various economic and socio-political partners of the country.

The 2022 budget is made up of expenditures of approximately 130 billion USD against revenues of approximately 105 billion USD, i.e. a deficit of 6.0% of GDP, resulting from an increase in revenues that is lower than that of expenditures.

As for domestic revenue, it represents 24% of GDP.

According to the sources of the Ministry of Finance, this budget is part of the perspective of budgetary consolidation, the stabilization of the level of public debt and support for the post-Covid economic recovery.

To maintain economic growth estimated at 2.1% in 2022 (1.8% on average in the medium term) and to create more jobs, the priorities of the budget aim, on the one hand, to support the reconstruction and recovery of the economy by accelerating structural reforms in the electricity, railway, ports and telecommunications sectors; and on the other hand, to protect lives and improve the social (health, education, purchasing power.)

During his stay, Minister Nicolas Kazadi had discussions with the Minister of Finance of the Republic of South Africa as well as the financial institutions of this country.

Given the importance of the exchanges, the Minister of Finance of the RSA organized an audience with the President of the Republic of South Africa.

It should be noted that the working session with the Minister of Finance of the RSA focused on the importance of synergies and investment opportunities in order to strengthen cooperation and revive the economies of the two countries in this context of post-pandemic recovery.

The South African Minister of Finance expressed his country’s readiness to increase investment in the DRC in view of the strong economic ties in order to create synergies and build a strong economy in the SADC region.

As such, the two ministers undertook to organize the “RDC-RSA Business Forum for the financing of economic recovery” in Kinshasa, on the sidelines of the State visit in June 2022, to identify and advance a certain number of signature projects, organize a follow-up meeting on the sidelines of the IMF and World Bank Spring Annual Meetings to be held in April 2022 in Washington DC.

“With South African financial institutions, we held meetings with senior officials from Industrial Development Corporation, Public Investment Corporation (PIC), Export Credit Insurance Company (ECIC), ABSA, NEDBANK and Development Bank of South Africa (DBSA) , declared the Congolese Minister of Finance at the end of his mission” , declared the Congolese Minister of Finance.

And to add: ” The discussions focused on the economic performance recorded by the DRC since the advent of the President of the Republic, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, the improvement of the sovereign rating of the country by the Standard & Poor’s Agency , investment opportunities as well as the efforts made by the Government to speed up reforms and improve the business climate.

In general, South African investors praised the performance achieved.

They noted the promising economic prospects and the multiple opportunities within the framework of economic diversification, and finally they confirmed their commitment to support the financing of ambitious and relevant projects in the DRC.

The South African Export Insurance Company informed the mission that the DRC and Ethiopia are the two priority countries on the continent.

Thus, an economic mission of South African investors, in particular IDC and ECIC, will go to Kinshasa next week to discuss with the Government, investment opportunities on public or private projects to be carried out and on PPPs.

Hence the need to initiate work to identify and prioritize the best projects and possibly private sector entrepreneurs, in order to better guarantee this partnership.

Copperbelt Katanga.png

Top Bottom