AVZ Discussion 2022

Remark

Top 20
Caption this recent photo taken at a ministers event.

Best caption as voted by TSE @zeeb0t receives fresh Crays direct from the boat!

You can only caption once.
View attachment 54867

"What do you mean Congo Airways doesn't fly to Beijing?"

Princess Congo Airways.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Dijon101

Regular

View attachment 54867

Jesus!

How many bags?!??!!
and I still can't afford to buy an apartment in Sydney!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

cruiser51

Top 20
"What do you mean Congo Airways doesn't fly to Beijing?"

View attachment 54983
Dunno, it must have been a hot day in Beijing, or she was shit scared.
It looks she was sweating profusely under her arms on this piccie.

I learned at physics that there is a reason for everything.

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 15.14.18.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
No costs will be awarded until final decision in ICSID case
20240123_221113.jpg

20240123_221250.jpg

• Sad

pow4ade

Regular
The enterprising DRC Leopards have played a draw against Morroco at the African Cup of Nations in the Ivory Coast:

Screenshot_20240123_213823.jpg

Final group match against Tanzania Thurs 6 am. Go les Léopards.

Reactions: 2 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
No costs will be awarded until final decision in ICSID case
View attachment 54996
View attachment 54997
Doesn't this just say they will be liable for the court fees if they lose the actual ICSID case (in a year or two) - surely someone in the DRC will step in prior to this, management have absolutely overstated their ability to penetrate higher levels of government it appears

Reactions: 8 users

Dazmac66

Regular
well surprise surprise
So basically there is no immediate penalty if they don't comply with the interim measures. What is the point of interim measures if there is no recourse for non-compliance?
And yes Remark, I did noticed the look of doom on the faces in the cominiere meeting. Thieving parasites!

• Fire

Bray

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Surely not Wombat, they're intertwined arbitration enterprises but completely different entities in different continents - just my guess.

The long faces in the Cominiere room gave me a boner - Lisette with her shit haircut trying to understand, few other geezers looking less then impressed.

Cominiere scrambling on twitter overnight looking rather desperate, I hope we soon see their demise

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Doesn't this just say they will be liable for the court fees if they lose the actual ICSID case (in a year or two) - surely someone in the DRC will step in prior to this, management have absolutely overstated their ability to penetrate higher levels of government it appears
Yeah pretty much. Court has punted decision on costs until final decision despite both parties requesting the other pay their legal fees if they win the provisional hearing. To me it reads as another hint from the ICSID that we should negotiate a deal.

Reactions: 7 users
So basically there is no immediate penalty if they don't comply with the interim measures. What is the point of interim measures if there is no recourse for non-compliance?
And yes Remark, I did noticed the look of doom on the faces in the cominiere meeting. Thieving parasites!
No. Costs and penalties are two different things.

In the ICC case Cominiere were made to pay the courts costs plus 10% of our legal costs AND a €50,000 per day penalty was prescribed for any violation of the new order on top of the existing €50,000 penalty from violations of the previous order. See decision details below.

I'm sure there is a penalty for violation of the ICSID decision but Cominiere aren't showing that section for obvious reasons. They only posted the costs part because everyone was saying on Twitter they would have to pay our legal fees. Which isn't true either way as the ICSID case is against the DRC government not Cominiere. Cominiere are a party of Dathcom so are technically on our side for legal responsibility in the ICSID case.

20240124_094439.jpg

20240124_094502.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Does this apply to the ICC $100k a day penalties ?
Surely not Wombat, they're intertwined arbitration enterprises but completely different entities in different continents - just my guess.

The long faces in the Cominiere room gave me a boner - Lisette with her shit haircut trying to understand, few other geezers looking less then impressed.

Cominiere scrambling on twitter overnight looking rather desperate, I hope we soon see their demise
No. Costs and penalties are two different things.

In the ICC case Cominiere were made to pay 10% of our legal costs AND a €50,000 per day penalty was prescribed for any violation of the new order on top of the existing €50,000 penalty from violations of the previous order. See decision details below.

I'm sure there is a penalty for violation of the ICSID decision but Cominiere aren't showing that section for obvious reasons. They only posted the costs part because everyone was saying on Twitter they would have to pay our legal fees. Which isn't true either way as the ICSID case is against the DRC government not Cominiere. Cominiere are a party of Dathcom so are technically on our side for legal responsibility in the ICSID case.

View attachment 55024
View attachment 55025
No. See my post above.

wombat74

Top 20

Charbella

Regular
@Carlos Danger, are we claiming damages from Zijin at the ICC as per the below schedule?"

Attachments

• IMG_2802.png
    IMG_2802.png
    711.2 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: 1 users

marksmann007

Regular

View attachment 54867
No I can’t bring my brown bag back because I’ve lost the receipt…
Try Cominere, I hear those morons misread the situation again and are holding another piss up at the office.
Ask for the tea lady Alain…

• Haha
  • Love

TheCount

Regular
Great to see #Outcast fuelling the fire on X today...

IMG_636848DCF068-1.jpeg
IMG_76B9C44463EB-1.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Top Bottom