AVZ Discussion 2022

Pokok

Regular
AVZ have said in announcements that they are receiving assistance from the Australian embassy and other embassies in the region

But it boggles the mind that we haven't received major public recognition from any government. Like I said many months ago I'll believe in quiet diplomacy when Assange walks out of Belmarsh.

It took them long enough but at least the Australian government finally recognised the need for some loud diplomacy on that issue. Hell even Barnaby Joyce got involved with the trip to Washington to lobby for his release.

Considering the big deal western countries, especially the ones with left leaning leaders, are making about securing critical minerals supply chains you would think that China trying to illegally take control of the most important global asset for renewables would be right up their alley.

As Nigel said last month “[Chinese President] Xi Jinping has given the nod to everybody to go out and collect as many critical minerals as possible. And it’s just caused a feeding frenzy”

“They’ve got the rare earth market dominated … the majority of the copper and cobalt production coming out of the DRC [Democratic Republic of the Congo] is Chinese”

“We’re the only one, at the moment, that isn’t [controlled by China]. And when you’re talking about a globally significant asset such as ours, that could potentially supply up to 40 per cent of the world’s requirements, they need it. They want it.”
They need it ,they want it ,then they should pay for it instead of steeling it , i'm over it

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Five years ago, Tshisekedi was humiliated by the Congolese people, coming third in the presidential race. Yet, against all available evidence that Martin Fayulu had won by a landslide, he was declared the winner – a decision the US supported. Huge international grants and credits to his regime followed, including $750m from the World Bank and a $1.5bn loan from the International Monetary Fund. Some success for a man whose record might be judged incompetent and who was rejected by voters.

In return, Tshisekedi said he would end China’s control over the DRC’s rare minerals, which poses a strategic challenge for the US and EU’s clean-energy ambitions.

The US government are probably as happy as we are with the return on their investment in the DRC so far.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Peterg

Still no news! Wtf is going on?.
Wasn't the ICC ruling spouse to be handed down?. Anybody, we need something. Good or bad.
Happy New Year

Reactions: 2 users

Azzler

Top 20
Wasn't the ICC ruling spouse to be handed down?. Anybody, we need something. Good or bad.
Happy New Year
Text Street GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Remark

Top 20
Happy New Year
I always tried to avoid handed down spouses, they've always got baggage.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Pokok

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Peterg

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

BRICK

Regular
Nahhh, 8 days till we get ML, paid out compensation, MMGA arrested and we announce our intention to re-list

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Does Felix care about ICSID now he has solidified his next term? I still think yes but have a feeling they're doing everything in their power to rat fuck avz

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

SilentOne

Regular
Does Felix care about ICSID now he has solidified his next term? I still think yes but have a feeling they're doing everything in their power to rat fuck avz
Morning Cumquat,

The short answer is yes as the ICSID is affiliated with the World Bank as I understand it. The World Bank can provide Billions of dollars in funding development for the DRC - more so than what the Chinese are likely to provide.

The DRC want to come off the Grey List (US Treasury) and was probably one of the reasons why the IGF was established.

So yes, I suspect Felix will take the ICSID seriously - I would guess that he would prefer to have the issues resolved prior to any ruling.

Regards,

SilentOne

Reactions: 23 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Great point and important to remember, Felix also has signalled trying to bring in prosecution powers for the IGF which may have meant Adele Kayinga, Lisette and Celestin would've all been imprisoned.

Great reminder of the importance of ICSID, thanks alot.

Hopefully hear back from ICSID this week, seems a touch delayed.

Also of note, Cominiere has gone dead quiet for the first time in several months, wonder what that could mean - i'm just pontificating in light of no news at the moment

• Thinking
Reactions: 27 users

Remark

Top 20
Great point and important to remember, Felix also has signalled trying to bring in prosecution powers for the IGF which may have meant Adele Kayinga, Lisette and Celestin would've all been imprisoned.

Also of note, Cominiere has gone dead quiet for the first time in several months, wonder what that could mean - i'm just pontificating in light of no news at the moment
Also interesting that the Cami website hasn't been updated since the 26th of December:unsure:

1704843409914.png

• Thinking

Doc

Master of Quan

I'm certainly hoping that once we get some firm decisions at ICSID ( assuming they go our way ) that the DRC will then sit and negotiate. My theory is that's why Zijin is desperately drilling so when it comes to the negotiations they have a better understanding of what's in the ground ( might even help us negotiate when they know for sure there's billions and billions of dollars worth of spod in that Northern section ).
Although with these shifty pricks anything's possible

Reactions: 11 users

Dom1974

Regular
You'd like to hope that Cominiere's silence on X is because wheels are in motion to fix things, but heard that story one too many times. Probably just Alain on annual leave over the Xmas break.

BRICK

Regular

Hopefully the kunt fell into a foundation at the dam just before they were about to pour..

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Bonsoir

Regular
What’s with this creepy Knut on crapper called chatforummember?

He obviously knows more than most to be able to come up with shit from 5 years ago, I’ve held since 2017
and only vaguely remember a little of the crap he is on about.

He’s fishing for litigation against the company, that I’m certain.

Fucking annoying persistent prick, wouldn’t be upset if a bus hit him.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
I'm certainly hoping that once we get some firm decisions at ICSID ( assuming they go our way ) that the DRC will then sit and negotiate. My theory is that's why Zijin is desperately drilling so when it comes to the negotiations they have a better understanding of what's in the ground ( might even help us negotiate when they know for sure there's billions and billions of dollars worth of spod in that Northern section ).
Although with these shifty pricks anything's possible
Doubt Zijin would have results in time for negotiations. And as if they would tell us what value if any they are able to establish anyway.

This now all boils down to what the esteemed and definitely fairly elected President 'Monsieur 73%' Tshisekedi feels he needs to do with the north. Gonna be take it or leave it for us imo

The multi billion dollar question is when does Nigel sit down with him to discuss. Lucky timing that we got that new shiny resource estimate for CDL ready to go.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
What’s with this creepy Knut on crapper called chatforummember?

He obviously knows more than most to be able to come up with shit from 5 years ago, I’ve held since 2017
and only vaguely remember a little of the crap he is on about.

He’s fishing for litigation against the company, that I’m certain.

Fucking annoying persistent prick, wouldn’t be upset if a bus hit him.
It's he who shall not be named 🤫
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom