AVZ Discussion 2022

cruiser51

Top 20
This is why China wants to get its grubby hands on Manono amongst other things...

Analysis​

China’s BYD has more than Tesla in its sights​

David Fickling

It may be just one-tenth the size of Tesla in terms of market capitalisation, but BYD has just pulled ahead to become the world’s biggest producer of battery passenger cars. For its next trick, it’s going to take on the world.
To many, BYD remains a little-known car brand, more familiar from business-news articles citing Warren Buffett’s 2008 investment in the Chinese EV maker than sightings of actual vehicles out on the road.
Yet the vast volume of its sales in China, combined with a growing number overseas, means it overtook its American rival in the December quarter. The 526,409 vehicles delivered over the period pipped Tesla’s 484,507. This milestone if anything underplays BYD’s growing might.
Throw in trucks, buses and plug-in hybrids, and BYD’s sales total is 75 per cent higher than the number for pure battery cars, at 918,807. More importantly, on almost every financial metric, the Chinese company is either advancing on, or overtaking, its American rival – with its gaze already set on the wider car industry.
While many competitors have struggled amid the wave of discounting that’s hit the EV sector over the past year, BYD has prospered. In contrast to Tesla, which racked up years of losses before turning profitable in 2019, it has hardly ever posted negative operating income – and in the September quarter came within a whisker of the reinvigorated US company’s $US1.76 billion ($2.6 billion) result. By owning its own battery supply chain and focusing on cheaper, less zippy cells that use abundant iron and phosphate instead of scarce cobalt and nickel, it’s managed to lift margins even as materials costs rose.
That translates into industry-beating financial performance. Most Chinese car companies post uninspiring single-digit returns on equity, giving shareholders little reason to prefer their stock to investment-grade corporate bonds that yield 5.8 per cent. BYD, on the other hand, is spitting out profits that have led to the best returns on equity among major carmakers.
Returns on invested capital, a metric that encompasses how successful the company is at generating profits from its asset base, are also the best among volume car makers worldwide, and have risen consistently for the past 18 months to overtake Tesla.
You might expect this performance would induce the sort of shareholder euphoria that has caused Elon Musk’s company to be valued at a 64-times forward price-earnings ratio. Far from it: while BYD’s 13.5 ratio is a premium to the 7.95-times P/E ratio on the Hang Seng Index, it’s priced at a discount to India’s Tata Motors and the 19.7-times multiple of the S&P 500, and not far above mainstream carmakers such as Toyota and Ford.
After a $US12 billion selloff during November, BYD is as cheap as it has been going back to the start of 2010, despite 31 out of 32 analysts putting a Buy rating on the stock.
The most substantive argument against BYD right now is that it has grown too far, too fast.
Despite overtaking Honda, Toyota and Volkswagen to snatch the crown as China’s best-selling car marque over the past few years, its vehicles aren’t exactly rushing off dealership lots: there were 1.91 cars sitting in inventory for every one sold in November, a number that’s grown from 1.04 a year earlier even as prices have fallen about 6.2 per cent.
This is high even by the standards of a Chinese industry that’s plagued with oversupply, and suggests flagging consumer appetite for vehicles that most reviewers seem to find more stolid than compelling.
That’s a small negative when placed against the wealth of positive metrics BYD can now boast – and if you think boring cars don’t have a future, it’s worth remembering that the bestselling four-wheeler in history is the Toyota Corolla, or that this entire industry was kicked off by a vehicle that, famously, was usually only available in black.
BYD is already setting its horizons well beyond China, with one in 10 of its cars sold overseas during December, compared to one in 40 in July 2022. The EV maker announced a new assembly factory last month in Hungary, and others are reportedly under consideration in Mexico. Such investments would mirror Japanese and South Korean car makers, who got around protectionist tariffs since the 1980s by building production lines in key destination markets.
If its current trajectory is anything to go by, BYD’s relatively little-known status outside China is about to change drastically. In years to come, we’ll look back on 2024 as the year it joined the ranks of Tesla, Hyundai, Toyota, Volkswagen and Ford as formerly obscure car brands that went on to bestride the world.
BLOOMBERG
Reason No.2...

Dwayne Sparkes

@sparkes_dwayne

No coffee today as I spat it out reading Goldman Sachs' lithium supply table which popped up in my twitter feed. What i find most intriguing about this table is that it states the majority of lithium supply will come from China itself, in particular internal lepidolite and brine. In my opinion, this is unrealistic and the numbers don't quite seem logical. Lets break down the lepidolite numbers: They are predicting that 462,000t of LCE will be produced internally from Chinese lepidolite in the year 2030. Using a previous post of mine (i'll put the link in the comments below), for a lepidolite ore of grade 0.55%, you need approximately 14 tonnes of lepidolite to get SC6 equivalent. Roughly 6 tonnes of SC6 is needed for 1 tonne of LCE. You need around about 14 * 6 = 84 tonnes of lepidolite ore grading 0.55% to get 1 tonne of LCE...
🤯
84 * 462,000t LCE = 38,808,000 tonnes of ore grading 0.55% to meet 2030 yearly output prediction alone. That's 6 years away... The largest documented lepidolite mine within China is the "414 Mine". Approximately has 130Mt @ 0.38% li2O. That's roughly equivalent to a #GL1 Manna deposit in terms of contained lithium. Plug the above 0.38% into the previous calc and you're almost processing half of China's biggest documented lepidolite deposit yearly... Defies logic for me. Also, the above is just talking about pure tonnage. The waste products (which i've touched on in previous posts) from the deleterious elements (iron, fluorine, potassium, etc.) within lepidolite will be astronomical. There are already reports of converters sending ore back and tailing storages blowing out in size. How is it going to look when you are processing 38Mt+ of low grade lepidolite ore a year? Lepidolite contains more deleterious elements than spodumene, is generally lower grade, is slower and more difficult to process, especially in the leaching stage. I'm sticking to my view that the lepidolite deposits and stockpiles get exhausted soon and that the processing of lepidolite is a short term attempt by China to squash the market. IMO there is no chance lepidolite will ever be cheaper than spodumene to process and it isn't a realistic solution to meet future lithium demand. Cheers for reading.

Reactions: 23 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Reason No.2...

Dwayne Sparkes
@sparkes_dwayne

No coffee today as I spat it out reading Goldman Sachs' lithium supply table which popped up in my twitter feed. What i find most intriguing about this table is that it states the majority of lithium supply will come from China itself, in particular internal lepidolite and brine. In my opinion, this is unrealistic and the numbers don't quite seem logical. Lets break down the lepidolite numbers: They are predicting that 462,000t of LCE will be produced internally from Chinese lepidolite in the year 2030. Using a previous post of mine (i'll put the link in the comments below), for a lepidolite ore of grade 0.55%, you need approximately 14 tonnes of lepidolite to get SC6 equivalent. Roughly 6 tonnes of SC6 is needed for 1 tonne of LCE. You need around about 14 * 6 = 84 tonnes of lepidolite ore grading 0.55% to get 1 tonne of LCE...
🤯
84 * 462,000t LCE = 38,808,000 tonnes of ore grading 0.55% to meet 2030 yearly output prediction alone. That's 6 years away... The largest documented lepidolite mine within China is the "414 Mine". Approximately has 130Mt @ 0.38% li2O. That's roughly equivalent to a #GL1 Manna deposit in terms of contained lithium. Plug the above 0.38% into the previous calc and you're almost processing half of China's biggest documented lepidolite deposit yearly... Defies logic for me. Also, the above is just talking about pure tonnage. The waste products (which i've touched on in previous posts) from the deleterious elements (iron, fluorine, potassium, etc.) within lepidolite will be astronomical. There are already reports of converters sending ore back and tailing storages blowing out in size. How is it going to look when you are processing 38Mt+ of low grade lepidolite ore a year? Lepidolite contains more deleterious elements than spodumene, is generally lower grade, is slower and more difficult to process, especially in the leaching stage. I'm sticking to my view that the lepidolite deposits and stockpiles get exhausted soon and that the processing of lepidolite is a short term attempt by China to squash the market. IMO there is no chance lepidolite will ever be cheaper than spodumene to process and it isn't a realistic solution to meet future lithium demand. Cheers for reading.
I'm sticking to my view that the lepidolite deposits and stockpiles get exhausted soon and that the processing of lepidolite is a short term attempt by China to squash the market.

nailed it.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Thinking
Reactions: 1 users
Is FT the preferred president for the US ?

( right click english translation )

If so, then why is Biden calling the election out ?
Biden calling for an investigation into allegations of fraud and violations of electoral law in an election?

Official sources say differently. That's literally an attack on democracy. Ignorance is strength.

20220429_164305.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Happy New Year's all, let's hope for a prosperous year without any more of the shit-fuckery we have become accustomed to. So far we seem to be winning on the legal fronts, let's hope that continues and we can build on and progress what we rightfully own.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

JAG

Top 20
Make sure to download the policy brief for a read.

Produced in Nov 23 so not sure if many here have had the chance to read the Global Witness report.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Reason No.2...

Dwayne Sparkes
@sparkes_dwayne

🤯
These issues just highlight the fact that AVZ/Dathcom aren't just up against the DRC government and a few suspect decision makers, they up against the whole of the CCP and the incredible amount of bags they bring to a party.
I just cannot see a way we mine this. Just hope we come out with our pants on IMO.

Reactions: 6 users

Remark

Top 20
These issues just highlight the fact that AVZ/Dathcom aren't just up against the DRC government and a few suspect decision makers, they up against the whole of the CCP and the incredible amount of bags they bring to a party.
I just cannot see a way we mine this. Just hope we come out with our pants on IMO.
Trying not to be negative but I think the Chinese will fuck us with our pants on anyway. All IMO, DYOFR.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Pokok

Regular
Trying not to be negative but I think the Chinese will fuck us with our pants on anyway. All IMO, DYOFR.
your not being negative because so far I can't see a positive , now thats negative i'm positive

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Penskefile

Regular

nah being hung like a grain of rice the Chinese have zero chance of fucking us, even with our pants off. We’ll feel more pain if their DRC puppets do it on their behalf.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tonster66

Regular
I really think the DRC have to weigh up what will happen if they give manono to prc . The DRC will effectively become a chinese state and they would siphon off all DRC resources to china or possibly make the DRC a new production hub under Chinese control. This would not be good for the DRC as a sovereign state and not attract foreign direct investment

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

wombat74

Top 20
Cant drag on for much longer . If they continue with the stalled / F--k around tactics Nigel will need to make a call . Enough of the "We are in discussions" Bull Sh1t . 19 Months and counting .

Reactions: 15 users

Hudnut

Regular
I really think the DRC have to weigh up what will happen if they give manono to prc . The DRC will effectively become a chinese state and they would siphon off all DRC resources to china or possibly make the DRC a new production hub under Chinese control. This would not be good for the DRC as a sovereign state and not attract foreign direct investment

I don't think those getting the paper bags would care.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

Papst

Emerged
Ever wondered how shorts covered their positions somehow? Apparently, there is a new approach for buying AVZ shares off market, at least in Germany. A friend of mine got the attached offer via his German broker. Looks like SCP INVESTMENTS LIMITED, a registered real estate investment company, tries to buy shares of various stocks in suspension off market at ridiculous rates.
So far, my German broker didn't forward me such offer. However, it can be found at the "Bundesanzeiger", an official publishing institution of the German Ministry of Justice, which is also dealing with company registrations and related matters.
if you search for SCP INVESTMENTS, it is the first hit. For AVZ, they offer 0.001 €. Seems ridiculous, but maybe some are forced to sell at such a rate.
Seems all very strange to me. Especially because he was approached by his bank with this document and not via mail.
Additionally dodgy, these are their contact details:
SCP INVESTMENTS LIMITED, Trust Company Complex, Ajeltake Road, Ajeltake Island, Majuro, MARSHALL ISLANDS MH96960E-Mail: SCPinvestmentsLimited@gmail.com

Anyone else got such offers?

Attachments

• 20240104_SCPi_AVZ.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,228
Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Ulli

Ever wondered how shorts covered their positions somehow? Apparently, there is a new approach for buying AVZ shares off market, at least in Germany. A friend of mine got the attached offer via his German broker. Looks like SCP INVESTMENTS LIMITED, a registered real estate investment company, tries to buy shares of various stocks in suspension off market at ridiculous rates.
So far, my German broker didn't forward me such offer. However, it can be found at the "Bundesanzeiger", an official publishing institution of the German Ministry of Justice, which is also dealing with company registrations and related matters.
if you search for SCP INVESTMENTS, it is the first hit. For AVZ, they offer 0.001 €. Seems ridiculous, but maybe some are forced to sell at such a rate.
Seems all very strange to me. Especially because he was approached by his bank with this document and not via mail.
SCP INVESTMENTS LIMITED, Trust Company Complex, Ajeltake Road, Ajeltake Island, Majuro, MARSHALL ISLANDS MH96960E-Mail: SCPinvestmentsLimited@gmail.com

hands off. these are criminals

Reactions: 5 users

obe wan

Regular

SCPinvestmentsLimited@gmail.com the old gmail email account should be telling enough

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

JAG

Top 20
For any of you still on Hcrapper, ChatForumMember is ************** aka Dergiest
He tried to take AVZ to court regarding info provided via ANN regarding BNP and is now fishing for more information.
Feel free to call the psycho out 👍

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 37 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Yeah he's a fkn scumbag - what's his deal did he lose money by selling too early or is he trapped like the rest of us?

I've called him out a few times and he brings up posts from 5 years ago - fkn cunt

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

cruiser51

Top 20
For any of you still on Hcrapper, ChatForumMember is ************** aka Dergiest
He tried to take AVZ to court regarding info provided via ANN regarding BNP and is now fishing for more information.
Feel free to call the psycho out 👍
Because Geisty is reading here as well, I'll explain, he is just a sore wanker.

Easiest way just ignore him and let him talk in outer space with all his other alter egos.

Overpopulating forums with multiple accounts is his trade mark, he might still be here under another identity, who the hell knows.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Yeah he's a fkn scumbag - what's his deal did he lose money by selling too early or is he trapped like the rest of us?

I've called him out a few times and he brings up posts from 5 years ago - fkn cunt
He is suffering from the 'can't let go of the past disorder', betted on the wrong horse and blames the world for his fukkup.

Fuk, I should have become a psychologist to analyse all these basket cases.

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom