AVZ Discussion 2022

Scoota30

Regular
The MoU as it stands doesn't include Zijin having the north otherwise there wouldn't be a need for new discussions

If that is what Simba wants (to avoid arbitration from Zijin) then we don't have a choice which is why Nigel is ready to sit down and talk about it imo

If we are going to sell some or all of our rights to the north then best to have a valuation available as a starting point for the new negotiations
In your opinion Carlos, what sort of $$ or negotiation are we looking at in order to sell the north?

As it stands, we hold 75% over the entire tenement. If it was split into South & North, do you think we would first buy the 15% FROR from Comineire out of good faith for the shit they've put us through, and then onsell 10-15% of the north to Z?

Not quite sure yet how i see this one playing out, clearly though as Nigel mentioned in that article that if Z are required at the table, we are open to discussions about it (As fucked as it is).

Keen to hear your most recent thoughts as you've been historically consistent with calls and outcomes. Surely if the ICSID provisional verdict comes through in our favour, we are now negotiating from a position of strength.

Reactions: 14 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Hi Beisha
Not racist at all just my thinking , also i'm married to an asian with 3 mixed race kids and she agrees with me ,, totally sorry I offended anybody
I never suggested you were racist mate , but the comments made had racist under tones and could be construed by lurker posters reading this forum that dont know you as well as the regular posters here do , that you were indeed .........racist.;)

The fact that you are married to a asian, meant the comments made were even more puzzling, but i do understand that a fair bit of grog was consumed plus i suspect you are from my generation ( i am 55) whereby comments made to our immigrant friends back in the day were understood to be a
" term of endearment ".........not derogatory, so i wasnt offended.

We live in a woke society , comments made back in the day are just not acceptable now unfortunately.

Funnily enuff, i was having this same conversation to my woke teenagers over Xmas, cause comments i make from time to time towards my immigrant buddies are considered by them as .........racist.

Nothing could be further from the truth and no amount of explanation could sway the fuckers...:mad:

It is what it is.

Please continue to post mate , (i wasnt having a go at you per se), just highlighting a red flag....expressing ones opinion in these frustrating times is therapeutic for the mind, just got to temper that with the woke society that we live in.......:unsure:

imo

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
In your opinion Carlos, what sort of $$ or negotiation are we looking at in order to sell the north?

As it stands, we hold 75% over the entire tenement. If it was split into South & North, do you think we would first buy the 15% FROR from Comineire out of good faith for the shit they've put us through, and then onsell 10-15% of the north to Z?

Not quite sure yet how i see this one playing out, clearly though as Nigel mentioned in that article that if Z are required at the table, we are open to discussions about it (As fucked as it is).

Keen to hear your most recent thoughts as you've been historically consistent with calls and outcomes. Surely if the ICSID provisional verdict comes through in our favour, we are now negotiating from a position of strength.
I think progression is the ultimate goal at this point

Personally I'd be happy with fuck all cash but we get a free carried minority holding of the north for continued exposure to that part of the asset as compensation

That along with all ICC matters being resolved immediately in our favour so we end up with 66% of the south under the old split with guarantees about sharing the power station

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Scoota30

Regular
I think progression is the ultimate goal at this point

Personally I'd be happy with fuck all cash but we get a free carried minority holding of the north for continued exposure to that part of the asset as compensation

That along with all ICC matters being resolved immediately in our favour so we end up with 66% of the south under the old split with guarantees about sharing the power station
Interesting. So with the south 66% do you think that would be just by selling the 9% to CATL and then potentially having Zijin in the south aswell stealing the 15% remaining from Comineire?
Or do you think we would get that remaining 15% for the south and then sell the 24% to CATL?

I think it would be a bigger win for us if we get to take the 15% from Comineire for the south and only flick 9% to CATL as previously mentioned so that we have a larger holding in the South (Zijin are okay with just having part of the North. Why wouldn't you when you can get it for fuck all hey...)

Nigels offhand comments from the AGM were something along the lines of 60/40 for the north, however when the Gov realised they need to pay the CAPEX we could end up with 70% for the north, which i guess would leave 20% to Zijin then.....

CATL gets to have a % ownership in the south and then to have the offtake agreement for the Northern area but no Ownership stake in that.

Whatever the fuck happens, it better be one of the first things on the toothless tigers list in January to sit down and negotiate. Zijin/DRC's hands will soon be tied hopefully by ICSID. Time to progress like you say.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

BEISHA

Top 20
The MoU as it stands doesn't include Zijin having the north otherwise there wouldn't be a need for new discussions

If that is what Simba wants (to avoid arbitration from Zijin) then we don't have a choice which is why Nigel is ready to sit down and talk about it imo

If we are going to sell some or all of our rights to the north then best to have a valuation available as a starting point for the new negotiations
I dont think anyone really knows what the MOU consists of or with whom....:unsure:

In my mind, FT would essentially want to avoid ICSID arbitration but at the same time, would still want to appease China, the hand that has fed DRC for over 30 yrs, so if Zijin is China mouth piece then i suspect they will be involved in negotiations regards to CDL

I dont think AVZ have a view of selling, more a like a JV arrangement, like a Zijin / AVZ ( 70/30 split), with AVZ having a free carry position until DTM.

imo

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Pokok

Regular
I never suggested you were racist mate , but the comments made had racist under tones and could be construed by lurker posters reading this forum that dont know you as well as the regular posters here do , that you were indeed .........racist.;)

The fact that you are married to a asian, meant the comments made were even more puzzling, but i do understand that a fair bit of grog was consumed plus i suspect you are from my generation ( i am 55) whereby comments made to our immigrant friends back in the day were understood to be a
" term of endearment ".........not derogatory, so i wasnt offended.

We live in a woke society , comments made back in the day are just not acceptable now unfortunately.

Funnily enuff, i was having this same conversation to my woke teenagers over Xmas, cause comments i make from time to time towards my immigrant buddies are considered by them as .........racist.

Nothing could be further from the truth and no amount of explanation could sway the fuckers...:mad:

It is what it is.

Please continue to post mate , (i wasnt having a go at you per se), just highlighting a red flag....expressing ones opinion in these frustrating times is therapeutic for the mind, just got to temper that with the woke society that we live in.......:unsure:

imo
65 years old and never been so frustrated , but yes I get it , i'm 6 months in Java and 6 months in oz back to oz next week so I will be off the local vodka and my head will be clearer , yes you are correct if I say one thing out of place to my 28 year old its on . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Fire
  • Love
Interesting. So with the south 66% do you think that would be just by selling the 9% to CATL and then potentially having Zijin in the south aswell stealing the 15% remaining from Comineire?
Or do you think we would get that remaining 15% for the south and then sell the 24% to CATL?

I think it would be a bigger win for us if we get to take the 15% from Comineire for the south and only flick 9% to CATL as previously mentioned so that we have a larger holding in the South (Zijin are okay with just having part of the North. Why wouldn't you when you can get it for fuck all hey...)

Nigels offhand comments from the AGM were something along the lines of 60/40 for the north, however when the Gov realised they need to pay the CAPEX we could end up with 70% for the north, which i guess would leave 20% to Zijin then.....

CATL gets to have a % ownership in the south and then to have the offtake agreement for the Northern area but no Ownership stake in that.

Whatever the fuck happens, it better be one of the first things on the toothless tigers list in January to sit down and negotiate. Zijin/DRC's hands will soon be tied hopefully by ICSID. Time to progress like you say.
All ICC outcomes resolved in our favour would mean we get to enforce our FROR on the 15% from Cominiere. We then sell 24% to CATH. We need their funds to comply with the mining code. Or we could sell some or all of it to someone else but unlikely imo

If management can negotiate us still having majority of the north with Zijin in minority I would be ecstatic but I doubt it

It's complete madness that this has been allowed to drift on so long. I'd honestly rather just get rat fucked and know that going the distance at arbitration is the only possible outcome rather than this indecisive bullshit.

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users
I dont think anyone really knows what the MOU consists of or with whom....:unsure:

In my mind, FT would essentially want to avoid ICSID arbitration but at the same time, would still want to appease China, the hand that has fed DRC for over 30 yrs, so if Zijin is China mouth piece then i suspect they will be involved in negotiations regards to CDL

I dont think AVZ have a view of selling, more a like a JV arrangement, like a Zijin / AVZ ( 70/30 split), with AVZ having a free carry position until DTM.

imo
20231228_141606.jpg

20231228_141714.jpg

20230216_140450.jpg

20230216_140505.jpg

20230216_140527.jpg

20230216_140614.jpg

20231022_001816.jpg

20231022_001851.jpg

20231022_005929.jpg

20231022_001948.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
65 years old and never been so frustrated , but yes I get it , i'm 6 months in Java and 6 months in oz back to oz next week so I will be off the local vodka and my head will be clearer , yes you are correct if I say one thing out of place to my 28 year old its on . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Mate even without my AVZ shares I'm a millionaire with zero debt in my 30's and this shit frustrates me too

But you should channel that anger into being bigoted against the only group that is allowed to be made fun of by woke idiots if you don't want to get in trouble

In my experience white men from America are fair game for racist slurs

IMG_20211016_183130.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Dave Evans

Regular
Mate even without my AVZ shares I'm a millionaire with zero debt in my 30's and this shit frustrates me too

But you should channel that anger into being bigoted against the only group that is allowed to be made fun of by woke idiots if you don't want to get in trouble

View attachment 52886

Here’s a racist sketch for you, now can you lend us a couple of bob

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Splinter

Emerged

View attachment 52886
View attachment 52902

View attachment 52886
1703747855117.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 45 users

Remark

Top 20
Hey fuck stick, got anything of value to say? Maybe best you crawl back under your rock ya weak ass useless kunt. 😂
See, we're all better if we unite against a common foe. Oh, and he spelt Sphincter wrong🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

The Fox

Regular
See, we're all better if we unite against a common foe. Oh, and he spelt Sphincter wrong🤣
Yeh, another stock sucker who has kissed his money goodbye so funny, 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yeh, nice one, 😁 Just another stock sucker who has kissed his money goodbye, so funny, 😂
Hey Fox. Why so harsh on Splinter? Reality is, Carlos may have been a bit insensitive, telling us all he's rich in his 30's with no debt. He was I believe replying to a poster who's doing it a bit tough.

Carlos, if what you stated is true, well done. Amazing in fact. But IMO, it's a funny way of showing support.

As far as "kissing money goodbye", we all have unless something pretty farking miraculous happens soon.

No offence meant to anyone here.
We've all been given SOLID info which turned to poop. I definitely have, posted it and have been very disappointed.

Back to our current situation.

DRC still don't have a president.
Who do we deal with?

IMO if Felix gets back in we'll be worse off. Snout in the trough?
Absolutely. Second time around, watch out. He's as corrupt as any of his ministers and has been completely at ease with watching us be frozen out of this mine by his Chinese masters.

Like a lot of posters, I stand to make good coin if we ever resist.

I'd love to read a cogent argument telling me I'm wrong, and where I've missed evidence we're on the improve and on the way to mining.

Remember, Felix got in in 2016 I believe, pretty much when a lot of LTH bought in. Still no ML!.

• Fire
Reality is, Carlos may have been a bit insensitive, telling us all he's rich in his 30's with no debt. He was I believe replying to a poster who's doing it a bit tough.

Carlos, if what you stated is true, well done. Amazing in fact. But IMO, it's a funny way of showing support.
@Pokok laughed at what I said because he understood the point I was making

'White liberals have to start listening to me when I tell them; you can't be more offended than the victim'
- Bill Maher

20231229_172015.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Pokok

Regular
Hey Fox. Why so harsh on Splinter? Reality is, Carlos may have been a bit insensitive, telling us all he's rich in his 30's with no debt. He was I believe replying to a poster who's doing it a bit tough.

As far as "kissing money goodbye", we all have unless something pretty farking miraculous happens soon.

No offence meant to anyone here.
We've all been given SOLID info which turned to poop. I definitely have, posted it and have been very disappointed.

Back to our current situation.

DRC still don't have a president.
Who do we deal with?

IMO if Felix gets back in we'll be worse off. Snout in the trough?
Absolutely. Second time around, watch out. He's as corrupt as any of his ministers and has been completely at ease with watching us be frozen out of this mine by his Chinese masters.

Like a lot of posters, I stand to make good coin if we ever resist.

I'd love to read a cogent argument telling me I'm wrong, and where I've missed evidence we're on the improve and on the way to mining.

Remember, Felix got in in 2016 I believe, pretty much when a lot of LTH bought in. Still no ML!.
Thanks for the support , but I did see the funny side of it and was full of vodka that night I said the wrong thing , and yes I have been in this 2017 was willing to sell out at 50c until lots of things came to light but never to tuition , I don't trust the DRC anymore nor do I trust anybody in charge of a poor country because I have lived in a poor country for many years and money means everything , Felix and his ministers have all had plenty of time to issue the ML and it has not happened so somebody show me how this can happen , what I see happening or what I am thinking will happen I can't say for fear of offending the meek and mild , but I do see the chinese taking the north , and will try for a bigger part of the south somehow , I also can't see any money going to AVZ under court rulings , we will be making a deal and won't go mining all IMO , PS . I have not been to the bar yet and told the wife to hide the computer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Thanks for the support , but I did see the funny side of it and was full of vodka that night I said the wrong thing , and yes I have been in this 2017 was willing to sell out at 50c until lots of things came to light but never to tuition , I don't trust the DRC anymore nor do I trust anybody in charge of a poor country because I have lived in a poor country for many years and money means everything , Felix and his ministers have all had plenty of time to issue the ML and it has not happened so somebody show me how this can happen , what I see happening or what I am thinking will happen I can't say for fear of offending the meek and mild , but I do see the chinese taking the north , and will try for a bigger part of the south somehow , I also can't see any money going to AVZ under court rulings , we will be making a deal and won't go mining all IMO , PS . I have not been to the bar yet and told the wife to hide the computer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No worries.

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom