AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Thx for all the hard work you all put in.

Let’s hope 2024 is a ripper.

Cheers all 🍻

• Love
Reactions: 28 users

Rambo

Regular
Merry Christmas guys and gals. Let’s forget about all this for a few days and focus on family.

Reactions: 20 users

djhome

1703518083474.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Juan Carlos Zuleta

@jczuleta
·
6h

1/ Except for LiOH CIF, all #lithium chemical & ore prices fell today in the Chinese spot market. But, LC futures rose by 1.66% (on average) & the gap between average spot Li2CO3 prices & LC futures (at 15:00) continued to be reversed to - CNY 3,214, meaning we're in "contango."

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
The election will be rigged . The winner already knows who he is . IMO
Gringos already know too imo

According to insiders in Washington, there is an explanation for this leniency: the US has an agenda. Indeed, the United States is prepared to turn a blind eye to hastily organized elections in the DRC, however contentious, and will fund them no matter what. In return, however, Washington expects Kinshasa to subject the export of raw materials such as cobalt, copper and lithium to China to significantly stricter conditions.
'The United States is prepared to turn a blind eye to hastily organized elections in the DRC, however contentious'

DR Congo presidential election: partial results give Tshisekedi a clear lead

The Democratic Republic of Congo's electoral commission (Céni) on Monday continued to release partial results from the December 20-21 presidential election, with incumbent leader Félix Tshisekedi leading by a wide margin -over 80% of the vote.

The results announced so far relate to 1,876,827 voters, out of a total of nearly 44 million registered in the vast country of around 100 million inhabitants.

At this stage of the vote count, according to the Céni, Félix Tshisekedi, who has been in power since the beginning of 2019 and is running for a second five-year term, has achieved a score of 81.4%.

He was followed by businessman and former governor of Katanga (southeast) Moïse Katumbi (15.18%) and the other opponent Martin Fayulu (1.2%). The twenty or so other candidates in the running, including Nobel Peace Prize winner Denis Mukwege, failed to reach 1%.

The Céni has not established the turnout rate, but has decided to gradually release the results of the presidential elections since Friday. These were held at the same time as the legislative, provincial and local elections, for which the results will be published at a later date.

The quadruple ballot had been scheduled for one day, the 20th, but was extended due to a number of logistical problems, officially by one day but extending into Christmas in some remote areas.

Opposition candidates have been denouncing the "chaos" and "irregularities" that marred the vote since the very first day.

Some are planning a demonstration for next Wednesday, while others are calling for the elections to be cancelled outright. The Catholic Archbishop of Kinshasa, Cardinal Fridolin Ambongo, described the elections as a "gigantic mess" during his Christmas mass on Sunday evening.

Like some fifteen embassies before him, the prelate called for "prudence and restraint" in a country with a troubled political history, often marked by violence, whose subsoil is immensely rich in minerals but whose population is predominantly poor.

EveryBraveAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Juan Carlos Zuleta

@jczuleta
·
6h

1/ Except for LiOH CIF, all #lithium chemical & ore prices fell today in the Chinese spot market. But, LC futures rose by 1.66% (on average) & the gap between average spot Li2CO3 prices & LC futures (at 15:00) continued to be reversed to - CNY 3,214, meaning we're in "contango."

FYI, in case you’re wondering

Explaining contango and backwardation :

When a market is in contango, the forward price of a futures contract is higher than the spot price. Conversely, when a market is in backwardation, the forward price of the futures contract is lower than the spot price.

Contango is bullish, backwardation is bearish

Reactions: 19 users

Pokok

Regular
'The United States is prepared to turn a blind eye to hastily organized elections in the DRC, however contentious'

The Democratic Republic of Congo's electoral commission (Céni) on Monday continued to release partial results from the December 20-21 presidential election, with incumbent leader Félix Tshisekedi leading by a wide margin -over 80% of the vote.

The results announced so far relate to 1,876,827 voters, out of a total of nearly 44 million registered in the vast country of around 100 million inhabitants.

At this stage of the vote count, according to the Céni, Félix Tshisekedi, who has been in power since the beginning of 2019 and is running for a second five-year term, has achieved a score of 81.4%.

He was followed by businessman and former governor of Katanga (southeast) Moïse Katumbi (15.18%) and the other opponent Martin Fayulu (1.2%). The twenty or so other candidates in the running, including Nobel Peace Prize winner Denis Mukwege, failed to reach 1%.

The Céni has not established the turnout rate, but has decided to gradually release the results of the presidential elections since Friday. These were held at the same time as the legislative, provincial and local elections, for which the results will be published at a later date.

The quadruple ballot had been scheduled for one day, the 20th, but was extended due to a number of logistical problems, officially by one day but extending into Christmas in some remote areas.

Opposition candidates have been denouncing the "chaos" and "irregularities" that marred the vote since the very first day.

Some are planning a demonstration for next Wednesday, while others are calling for the elections to be cancelled outright. The Catholic Archbishop of Kinshasa, Cardinal Fridolin Ambongo, described the elections as a "gigantic mess" during his Christmas mass on Sunday evening.

Like some fifteen embassies before him, the prelate called for "prudence and restraint" in a country with a troubled political history, often marked by violence, whose subsoil is immensely rich in minerals but whose population is predominantly poor.

View attachment 52683
Lets be honest it was expected , nothing in that place is on the up and up unless you have money or china backing you always was always will .

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20

View attachment 52683
And there was a Belgian election observer in Kinshasa, who highly likely observed what he shouldn't have observed, with the result he went flying from the 12th floor, without parachute. I feel very sorry for his family.
He was one of the very few of the team that stayed to observe.

Maybe he should have enjoyed the food, smile a lot and only take mental notes, leave the report writing till it is safe to do so.
However it is pretty clear the rest of the observers should understand the message, if they value their life.

Dead men don't talk.
But, it is reported as suicide, why am I not surprised.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 2378

Have someone the chance to remove the paywall? I didn’t get it with the methods I found.
All I could found elsewhere is that Madagascar ignoring a icsid ruling since 2020.

https://www.africaintelligence.com/...tananarivo-ignores-icsid-ruling,109998846-art

@9cardomaha hopefully you can explain me what consequences the drc really have to face if they ignore the icsid? And how can we enforce a verdict? And if we claim for damages, who or how will they pay for it?

I wonder the whole time why the MoM made the order to give it all to cominiere after the icsid process had already started and a MoU was „close“. I mean they knew it for a long time and for me it looks like they decided to ignore it before they continued to fuck us over.

I’m interested what you think about it.

Reactions: 4 users

BEISHA

Top 20

View attachment 52683
Its absolutely gob smacking that a president could garner a 80% vote approval , even at this early stage of the count for potentially leaving the DRC in a worse postion than when he took office in 2019.

I mean , at least the DRC locals knew what they were up for when Kabila was in office, corruption, despair and no hope full stop, but FT mandate was to quell corruption, up lift the locals standard of living, he conducted multiple trips around the globe spruiking that DRC was the epi centre of lithium battery hub, the vibe was positive...........yet in the end, DRC locals lives are still in despair, the war rages on and Manono is still stuck in the shit hole and corruption carries on unabated aka Cominiere / Zijin.

The ole saying, 'under promising and over delivering' is much better than 'over promising and under delivering "......or in FT case, delivering nothing.

Anyway, it is what it is , FT will receive another term in office, almost a monty for sure , so thus hoping @Dave Evans theory comes true and FT awards AVZ the ML once the politics is over.

Hoping that sometime in 2024 , the pain and anguish of LTH of AVZ for the last 20 months, turns into a bit of joy....🙏🙏🙏

stay-strong-fist-pump.gif

peeps !!

imo

Reactions: 27 users

Doc

Master of Quan
K
Well for me personally I am tired of all this shit that these low life black fucken cunts and all the slant eyed asshole pricks have put us through the last 20 months , my life has been on hold and lets face it has the Australian government done one fucken thing to help , NO , so I have been quiet with my thoughts but now no longer , you the oz government want me to retire and not claim a pension ??? get off your fuckern ass and support your own people instead of sucking up to the Chinese , fuck them, fuck them off and also we might have a place to rent instead of them owing so many units in Sydney just for their kids to go to uni ,,, hummm are we seeing the big picture now they own us because the goverment wants the taxes , we are sold out , OK neil enough local vodka , but at least I am honest
IMG_5652.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Bray

Regular
Interesting find this morning while browsing through Nabtrade news, IDA (Indiani Resources Limited) has been going through ICSID with Tanzania for dramas similar to ours has accepted ICSID findings and agreed via letter from the Attorney General to pay the amount owing currently 118 Million + interest.
PDF attached from Nabtrade for those interested

Attachments

• Indiani PDF.pdf
    360.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Well for me personally I am tired of all this shit that these low life black fucken cunts and all the slant eyed asshole pricks have put us through the last 20 months , my life has been on hold and lets face it has the Australian government done one fucken thing to help , NO , so I have been quiet with my thoughts but now no longer , you the oz government want me to retire and not claim a pension ??? get off your fuckern ass and support your own people instead of sucking up to the Chinese , fuck them, fuck them off and also we might have a place to rent instead of them owing so many units in Sydney just for their kids to go to uni ,,, hummm are we seeing the big picture now they own us because the goverment wants the taxes , we are sold out , OK neil enough local vodka , but at least I am honest
Finally another contender for "the mantle" emerges!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Interesting find this morning while browsing through Nabtrade news, IDA (Indiani Resources Limited) has been going through ICSID with Tanzania for dramas similar to ours has accepted ICSID findings and agreed via letter from the Attorney General to pay the amount owing currently 118 Million + interest.
PDF attached from Nabtrade for those interested
Interesting read and further solidifies the fact that African countries take ICSID very seriously. Cmon DRC, you can’t afford to pay 10b plus interest

Reactions: 16 users

Hemicuda

Regular
Finally another contender for "the mantle" emerges!!
It’s just simple fact, everyone is thinking it

Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Bray

Regular
Interesting read and further solidifies the fact that African countries take ICSID very seriously. Cmon DRC, you can’t afford to pay 10b plus interest
It's great to see they're respecting ICSID decisions, maybe old mate will send DRC a text letting them know maybe they should sort their shit out

Reactions: 11 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Thank god the stock market is open today

I was getting withdrawal symptoms....

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Dave Evans

Regular
Its absolutely gob smacking that a president could garner a 80% vote approval , even at this early stage of the count for potentially leaving the DRC in a worse postion than when he took office in 2019.

I mean , at least the DRC locals knew what they were up for when Kabila was in office, corruption, despair and no hope full stop, but FT mandate was to quell corruption, up lift the locals standard of living, he conducted multiple trips around the globe spruiking that DRC was the epi centre of lithium battery hub, the vibe was positive...........yet in the end, DRC locals lives are still in despair, the war rages on and Manono is still stuck in the shit hole and corruption carries on unabated aka Cominiere / Zijin.

The ole saying, 'under promising and over delivering' is much better than 'over promising and under delivering "......or in FT case, delivering nothing.

Anyway, it is what it is , FT will receive another term in office, almost a monty for sure , so thus hoping @Dave Evans theory comes true and FT awards AVZ the ML once the politics is over.

Hoping that sometime in 2024 , the pain and anguish of LTH of AVZ for the last 20 months, turns into a bit of joy....🙏🙏🙏

View attachment 52704
peeps !!

imo

Nigel has had meetings with Tshisekedi thanks to Marius. Marius may have taken offence to comments by DLA Piper but doesn’t have an issue with Nigel and Marius has also condemned Kibeya Kabemba through this whole saga. Marius is now mending his relationship with Tshisekedi after a lot of mud was thrown at him.

I don’t think Tshisekedi had the power (or numbers) to do everything he wanted and he has had to deal with corrupt members of his parliament, including Guy Loando who pretends to support him.

I’m not suggesting he is squeaky clean obviously, all I’m doing is trying to post facts, and as far as election rigging, I’ve commented on that in the past, and you can either go with Tshisekedi, who gave the IGF more power which enabled us to present his evidence to the ICC and ICSID or you could go with Kutumbi who is a mining magnate, friend of Joseph Kabila and a former governor of Katanga. My thoughts on Katumbi are that he is also mates with Loando, Cong, Jerkoff and Allard so who do you prefer!

You can’t clean up endemic corruption in a single term and the DRC and other African countries wanting a greater slice of the battery metals pie is another issue we have to deal with on top of the years of deep seated corruption.

I don’t need counter arguments replying to this post, it’s just what I remember from watching things unfold and I basically don’t give a shit about bullshit comments and whinging, I’m only interested in facts.

Through this whole ordeal shareholders here have used this forum to vent and complain, and many of those never once posted one piece of information or research that was helpful to our cause.

I know you’re a good bloke BEISH and you make the effort to go to AGM’s and ask pertinent questions and bring the information back to this forum. That’s the kind of thing I keep my eye out for, not people venting their frustration and talking bullshit.

There’s a bloke on Twitter named August V who is very knowledgeable on politics who has explained quite a lot about the corruption in the DRC and how it would be impossible to eradicate it in one term in office.

I put his photo below and hopefully it won’t get time wasting responses to the fact he’s showing a photo of Tshisekedi with Biden because there’s already too many political comments on threads by people who don’t have the first idea about politics or economics

IMG_5996.jpeg

Tshisekedi is also incentivised to grant our ML and get Manono under construction because of Katumbi getting more votes in Tanganyika and Haut Katanga

IMG_5997.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
Top Bottom