Partly I invested because Felix was in the picture

Now trying to dis-invest because Felix is in the picture

Has not done one thing I've seen supporting a mandate to deal with corruption

Total opposite

Weak as piss and is just about speaking Mandarin from my observation

I really feel for the people of the DRC

So let down by their leaders

Fuck me
Yep, when were all over the road at the crapper , folks were preying for a FT win in 2019 as we were concerned for AVZ fortunes if kabila remained in power .

FT .........the white knight to sabre corruption !!

rofl.gif

Come 2023, nothing has changed..........in fact, its worse.

I wonder if situations would of been better if Martin Fayulu ( who was convinced he won the popular vote and that the 2019 election was rigged) would have fared a bit better........:unsure:

He will be FT major opponent in 2023 election..........once again.

I wonder if AVZ BOD had some private convos with him regards to the fortunes of Manono.......:unsure:

Nigel did confirm to me that they had some converversations with FT opponents post AGM...;)

imo

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Just reading up on the latest announcement from the Yanks in regard IRA. When this is sorted will AVZ have less than 25% Chinese ownership with CATH having 24% plus other large Chinese holders. From what I am reading 25% is the cutoff for selling in to the US ev/renewables supply chain.

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

marksmann007

Regular
Just reading up on the latest announcement from the Yanks in regard IRA. When this is sorted will AVZ have less than 25% Chinese ownership with CATH having 24% plus other large Chinese holders. From what I am reading 25% is the cutoff for selling in to the US ev/renewables supply chain.
Under the guidelines, any company that is subject to the jurisdiction of China’s government, or is controlled by the government — including if it is at least 25% owned by a Chinese government authority — would be considered an FEOC. The restrictions would also apply to all production inside of China. However, foreign subsidiaries of privately-owned Chinese companies in non-FEOC countries, like Australia or Indonesia, would be allowed so long as they are not controlled by the Chinese government.

The new rules seem to bless licensing deals like Ford’s battery plant in Marshall, Michigan, which is owned and operated by the automaker, but licenses technology from China’s battery champion, Contemporary Amperex Technology Ltd., also known as CATL. Tesla Inc. looked into a similar structure with CATL earlier this year, Bloomberg has reported, though the status of those talks is unclear.

Reactions: 17 users

Mute22

Regular
Real quiet around here post AGM...

Reactions: 1 users

CHB

Regular
Just gotta wait for court cases.. either that or the next hurdle zijin throws at us

Seems to be the norm

Reactions: 10 users

Mute22

Regular
Just gotta wait for court cases.. either that or the next hurdle zijin throws at us

Seems to be the norm
Does anybody have the court cases timeline available, there was an amazing post but I didn't save it.

Reactions: 3 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Not alot to post about really, its all about DRC elections and waiting for arbitration deliberations....;)

Speaking of DRC elections, just having a look at another one of FT political opponents.

Denis Mukwege has all the pedigree and positive human qualities to uplift the DRC , does he have the right connections / numbers to win the election ?

I dont know, but his bio is impressive and if the locals are smart , then they should give this guy a chance to do what FT should of done , but failed miserably.

Denis Mukwege is a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE winner recipient.

He has my vote ..........in spades!!

imo

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

wombat74

Top 20
When do we start paying new members of the BoD ? How much are we paying them ? How long will it take for Locke to decide whether they would like to loan us money ? Lets hope they pull their finger out and make a decision ASAP . They have until end of March by which time AVZ $$$ will be running on fumes . What's AVZ's back up plan if Locke don't come up with the coin ? How quickly can we call on penalty dollars accrued by Cominiere ? If things start getting tight will Nigel and crew take a pay cut or work for free ? ICSID forces DRC gov to consider an MoU as a pathway to the ML OR ICSID forces DRC gov to take another approach to stall and delay tactics? How long do AVZ wait before we call BS ? Can China draw out the elections for weeks or months to suit their objectives ?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

BEISHA

Top 20
When do we start paying new members of the BoD ? How much are we paying them ? How long will it take for Locke to decide whether they would like to loan us money ? Lets hope they pull their finger our and make a decision ASAP . They have until end of March by which time AVZ $$$ will be surviving on fumes . What's AVZ's back up plan if Locke don't come up with the coin ? How quickly can we call on penalty dollars accrued by Cominiere ? If things start getting tight will Nigel and crew take a pay cut or work for free ? ICSID forces DRC gov to consider an MoU as a pathway to the ML OR ICSID forces DRC gov to take another approach to stall and delay tactics? How long do AVZ wait before we call BS ? Can China draw out the elections for weeks or months to suit their objectives ?
to-be-or-not-to-be-that-is-the-question.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

tonster66

Regular
DRC would be in caretaker mode, should they follow this convention. This means that we will not get any outcome until the next government is sworn in.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
When do we start paying new members of the BoD ? How much are we paying them ?

According to the rem statement in the annual report the NEDs get $60k each pa, so the new directors are not a massive financial drain. JC gets more as Chair.

CHB

Regular
Reactions: 5 users

Remark

Top 20
Caption this & post on Twitter / X....

Kiyeba-Manono-Map.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

BRICK

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dave Evans

Regular
Caption this & post on Twitter / X....

View attachment 51301

I don’t know how to add captions to photos but how about

“I took a bribe from Zijin, ripped the DRC off $120 million and stole this from Dathcom after AVZ spent $100 million developing it”

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Dave Evans

Regular
I don’t know how to add captions to photos but how about

“I took a bribe from Zijin, ripped the DRC off $120 million and stole this from Dathcom after AVZ spent $100 million developing it”

Or how about

“I’m a lying dog that takes bribes and rips off my own country and it’s people”

• Fire

Dave Evans

Regular
Or how about

“I’m a lying dog that takes bribes and rips off my own country and it’s people”

Or

“I will be doing a lot of this while I’m in Makala prison”

IMG_5911.jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Zijin shit fighting still goes on elsewhere. This has been over 5 years now. They tried to sneak a tenement holding past the keeper by registering the 'new' company using the same registration number as the 'old' company.

Just for the records, they are a law unto themselves

Attachments

• Financial Mail and Business Day.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Top Bottom