AVZ Discussion 2022

Time to apply a little more pressure on Zijin’s reputation again. Dave doing his bit on Twitter….

Translated from French by

Zijin in DRC committed corruption, illegal fraud, human rights violations, threatening journalist with death, evicting residents in Kolwezi, negligence for death of workers, carrying out work without approval
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/zijin-operating-with-impunity-in-drc.250325/

More deaths at Zijin operated mines in Africa (Provided by Dominic Furfaro on Twitter)

Guyana labor ministry investigates death at Zijin gold mine​

Reuters | November 27, 2023 | 11:30 am

Silvercorp to buy Guyana Goldfields in C$105m-deal

Aurora gold mine in Guyana. (Image courtesy of Guyana Goldfields.)

Guyana’s labor ministry on Monday said it was investigating the death of a truck operator earlier this month at the country’s north-western Aurora Gold Mines, operated by China’s Zijin.

The ministry said the death had resulted from a collision between two truck operators from a Chinese state-owned engineering company at the mine on Saturday, Nov. 18.

Labor Minister Joseph Hamilton in a statement expressed his concern about workplace fatalities and encouraged workers and employers to ensure a safe working environment.

The incident happened days before an overhang collapsed at concession belonging to a Zijin subsidiary in nearby Suriname, causing the deaths of 15 informal gold miners, according to Surinamese authorities, and prompting two days of national mourning.

The subsidiary, Rosebel Gold Mines, said at the time it regretted the deaths and had unsuccessfully tried to evict the informal miners.

Elsewhere in South America, a 2021 Reuters investigation showed that some tunnels in Zijin’s Buritica concession in Colombia are controlled by the Clan del Golfo crime gang, which buys output from informal miners working there.
(By Sarah Morland)

Guyana labor ministry investigates death at Zijin gold mine

The ministry said the death had resulted from a collision between two truck operators.

www.mining.com
www.mining.com

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

Uglybob

Regular
DRC inflation literally doesn't matter as the ICC fines and any contracts AVZ have with anyone won't be in Francs.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

LOCKY82

Regular

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Der fucking Geist, the confused idiot on a mission, say no more.
Was unceremoniously removed from TSE and every time came back under a different name, probably still lurking here.

Anything coming from his mouth/hand gets a one way to the bin, he is a fucking troll.

Sorry Locky

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

This is what Kibeya (Cominiere) says in the tweet the ghost (der geist) is referring to

Translated from French

President Félix Tshisekedi will win the elections. We will wait for the end of the arbitration case; The DRC will give its position at this time. Manono Lithium will continue its work quietly. Cominiere continues calmly its operation too.

This was Dave’s response to the tweet….

Translated from French

Stop pretending you're @fatshi friend. Arbitration will be the end of you. There will be no more of your fraud, taking bribes from Zijin and silent corruption

Big difference between genuine shareholders and stooges like der geist

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Corruption: what measures for the next President of the DRC

whatsapp sharing button

-

On December 20, 2023, the Congolese will elect a new President of the Republic. However, the country faces several challenges. In particular, the fight against corruption. What should the new head of state do to meet this challenge?
Whether ordinary citizens or anti-corruption organizations, everyone is calling on the next president of the DRC to redouble his efforts. Because, despite certain measures taken and the creation of institutions to fight against corruption, the practice is still anchored in society. Stéphane Banza, civil society activist, believes that he will have to deliver impartial justice.
“The new head of state must work for distributive and impartial justice. Thus, he must reduce the advantages granted to political actors and put an end to impunity at all levels.”
For his part, Emmanuel Umpula, a civil society actor, calls on the new tenant of the Palais de la Nation to clarify the rules for sharing income.
"We cannot fight corruption by pointing the finger of blame at others. We will have to start by cleaning up our own biological and political family. We must reduce and diminish the lifestyle of institutions at all levels. Another measure "is to increase the salaries of state agents and pay them on time."

Eight measures proposed by experts
caricature-corruption.jpg

For their part, experts in the fight against corruption are more concrete. The Congo is not for sale coalition, an organization specializing in the fight against corruption, proposes eight key measures.
First, "it will be necessary to truly establish the rule of law and guarantee the independence of the judiciary to repress acts of corruption. Then, strengthen the power of public finance control bodies and institutions. Also, it is imperative to modify the penal code by strengthening the sanction against any act of corruption".
CNPAV also believes that it will be necessary to “ensure and guarantee the security of whistleblowers”. Another measure is to depoliticize state establishments and businesses. In addition, it will be necessary to promote transparency mechanisms in the negotiation and monitoring of public-private partnerships. And then, strengthen the decree-law establishing the code of good conduct for state public officials. Finally, CNPAV proposes to the next head of state to recover ill-gotten state assets and prosecute the corrupt and corrupters.
In 2022, on the corruption perception index published by Transparency International, the DRC is still among the most corrupt countries. It was ranked 166th out of 180 countries.

La Guardia Magazine / MCP, via mediacongo.net

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

cruiser51

Top 20
This is what Kibeya (Cominiere) says in the tweet the ghost (der geist) is referring to

Translated from French

President Félix Tshisekedi will win the elections. We will wait for the end of the arbitration case; The DRC will give its position at this time. Manono Lithium will continue its work quietly. Cominiere continues calmly its operation too.

This was Dave’s response to the tweet….

Translated from French

Stop pretending you're @fatshi friend. Arbitration will be the end of you. There will be no more of your fraud, taking bribes from Zijin and silent corruption

Big difference between genuine shareholders and stooges like der geist

This Dave bloke is not silly.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Der fucking Geist, the confused idiot on a mission, say no more.
Was unceremoniously removed from TSE and every time came back under a different name, probably still lurking here.

Anything coming from his mouth/hand gets a one way to the bin, he is a fucking troll.

Sorry Locky
That fucknuckle winds me up big time!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Never let fucknuckles get under your skin.

Maybe use your hurley on his knee caps for a while, helps with the frustration.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
This Dave bloke is not silly.

Cruiser I appreciated that info, as well as (@BEISHA info) on the DRC elections. wish I’d saved all the information I had on the elections being rigged earlier this year but there was too much other info to collect at the time. I do vaguely remember $3million changing hands to have officials at voting stations changed and Sama Lukonde being involved.

I notice Lukonde has been keeping a low profile lately but I’m too interested in other things to follow up on what sneaky business he is up to, although I suspect he’s up to no good…. Possibly with Adele Kayinda and Guy Loando.

LOCKY82, a few here know who ‘the ghost’ (der geist) is, and he has gone out of his way to make sure his name can’t be put on the forum (isn’t that right shane) 🤫

The main thing I remember about him is he used to get Cong’s sandwiches for him and no doubt still has his number. His biggest downfall might be that with all his narcissistic and egocentric personalities he ends up completely losing sight of reality

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Cruiser I appreciated that info, as well as (@BEISHA info) on the DRC elections. wish I’d saved all the information I had on the elections being rigged earlier this year but there was too much other info to collect at the time. I do vaguely remember $3million changing hands to have officials at voting stations changed and Sama Lukonde being involved.

I notice Lukonde has been keeping a low profile lately but I’m too interested in other things to follow up on what sneaky business he is up to, although I suspect he’s up to no good…. Possibly with Adele Kayinda and Guy Loando.

LOCKY82, a few here know who ‘the ghost’ (der geist) is, and he has gone out of his way to make sure his name can’t be put on the forum (isn’t that right shane) 🤫

The main thing I remember about him is he used to get Cong’s sandwiches for him and no doubt still has his number. His biggest downfall might be that with all his narcissistic and egocentric personalities he ends up completely losing sight of reality
Fucknuckles do that, that's why they are called fucknuckles.

Sorry gotta run.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Doc

Master of Quan

As they say in the classics MoneyBags, Look Eastwoods and you'll find your answers.......

• Haha

cruiser51

Top 20
I forgot...
Trust me, suckers.

Félix Tshisekedi on the depreciation of the Congolese franc: “Trust me, it’s a problem of a few days”

Special Elections / Provinces
linkedin sharing button
email sharing button

whatsapp sharing button

-

In his campaign speech in Kimpese this Wednesday, the president candidate for his own succession responded to the population's complaints about the rise in the exchange rate. Félix Tshisekedi assured that he will provide a solution during his second term if he is re-elected.

Candidate number 20 completed his first tour of the electoral campaign in central Kongo. At the Kimpese stage, this Wednesday, November 22, 2023, he was questioned about the depreciation of the Congolese franc against the American dollar.
“The dollar will fall. Trust me. It’s a problem of a few days,” promised the head of state.

Throughout his journey in central Kongo, candidate number 20 in the presidential election on December 20 presented the major achievements of his first five-year term and made commitments to “consolidate the achievements of this progressive momentum”.

Junior Lomanga
Alternation / MCP, via mediacongo.net

Comments disabled for this article!

In order to fight against fake news and manipulation, the mediacongo.net platform has deactivated comments on articles related to the elections or the electoral campaign in DR Congo.

This measure is in addition to other measures taken to continue to provide our users with the best possible experience. It is also our contribution to a peaceful Congolese electoral period.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
I forgot...
Trust me, suckers.

Félix Tshisekedi on the depreciation of the Congolese franc: “Trust me, it’s a problem of a few days”

linkedin sharing button
email sharing button

whatsapp sharing button

-

In his campaign speech in Kimpese this Wednesday, the president candidate for his own succession responded to the population's complaints about the rise in the exchange rate. Félix Tshisekedi assured that he will provide a solution during his second term if he is re-elected.

Candidate number 20 completed his first tour of the electoral campaign in central Kongo. At the Kimpese stage, this Wednesday, November 22, 2023, he was questioned about the depreciation of the Congolese franc against the American dollar.
“The dollar will fall. Trust me. It’s a problem of a few days,” promised the head of state.

Throughout his journey in central Kongo, candidate number 20 in the presidential election on December 20 presented the major achievements of his first five-year term and made commitments to “consolidate the achievements of this progressive momentum”.

Junior Lomanga

In order to fight against fake news and manipulation, the mediacongo.net platform has deactivated comments on articles related to the elections or the electoral campaign in DR Congo.

This measure is in addition to other measures taken to continue to provide our users with the best possible experience. It is also our contribution to a peaceful Congolese electoral period.
Some might say that the fall of the dollar is imminent
tenor (7).gif

• Haha

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Felix is so full of shit, wonder what his net wealth has done in the past 5 year term.

Corrupt to the fucking core, doesn't give a shit about his people

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
I forgot...
Trust me, suckers.

linkedin sharing button
email sharing button

whatsapp sharing button

-

Junior Lomanga

Some might say that the fall of the dollar is imminent
View attachment 51128
Felix is so full of shit, wonder what his net wealth has done in the past 5 year term.

Corrupt to the fucking core, doesn't give a shit about his people
How long do the the things that Felix say will happen take to reach tangible outcomes?

Asking for 95 million Congolese citizens plus 20,000 AVZ shareholders

20231201_150934.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Scoota30

Regular
How long do the the things that Felix say will happen take to reach tangible outcomes?

Asking for 95 million Congolese citizens plus 20,000 AVZ shareholders

View attachment 51131
That graph is impressive, Felix has increased his people's value of money by 80% right? Right.......?
Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TheCount

Regular
That graph is impressive, Felix has increased his people's value of money by 80% right? Right.......?
Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN
Should be Fucking AVZ's share price by now!!

Truth.gif

TC.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

TheCount

Regular
And seeing as though it's Friday and the bar is open .. .. .. .. ..

The beginnings of a mulberry Gin about a month ago, getting set for Xmas lunch!

Mulberry Gin begins.gif

TC.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom