AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Never, you're confusing ownership of Dathcom with ownership of AVZ. A foreign take over of an Australian company particularly by a Chinese one will not be approved by FIRB

I suspect the way any "takeover" would work is another entity (Zijin) would buy out AVZ's interest in Dathcom (which is the company that will hold the mining license and is not an Oz domiciled entity)

Whatever that % interest of AVZ in Dathcom is (75%, 66%, 51%???????????....who fkn knows)

FIRB nil involvement.....not their turf

Then I suspect AVZ would either keep that money and look for another resource (good luck finding another once in a lifetime Manono....)

OR

Distribute the proceeds to all the shareholders of AVZ, wind up the company, and everyone rides off into the sunset

We pocket a buck fiddy to 2 bucks and the DRC get's completely fkd over by Chinese interests, corruption continues to run rife and the Congolese population continue to suffer ongoing predation, pain and poverty

Great outcome.... :rolleyes:

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users

Frank

Top 20
I'm in for the long run, why not? We all know the demand for lithium will continue to rise. We all know we have the largest lithium deposit in the world at Roche. Yes, just Roche. We still have our other tenants that we own 100%! Yes that's right, 100%. Imagine if they rival Roche? Just think about that for a moment.

It is painful to see the smear campaign occurring right now, but this will not happen with our 100% owned tenants. We are 90% and DRC will be 10% or so when we start Mining there. Roche is a stepping stone in my view. We will simply use it as a means of creating all the infrastructure needed to support a fully fledged Battery Manufacturing Economy that will support the World in the transition to EVs.
Fyi, Re:- World Transition to EV's, did you see where,

Hyundai Motor Group to invest $5.5 billion to build EV and battery facilities in US

South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Group said on Friday it plans to invest about $5.54 billion to build its first dedicated full electric vehicle (EV) and battery manufacturing facilities in the United States.
blank.gif

Hyundai will break ground on its new facility in Georgia in early 2023 and is expected to begin commercial production in the first half of 2025 with an annual capacity of 300,000 EV units, the company said in a statement.

Hyundai Motor Group, which houses Hyundai Motor Co and Kia Corp, added that the battery manufacturing facility will be established through a strategic partnership, details of which will be disclosed at a later stage.

Reuters reported last week that Hyundai was in talks to build an EV manufacturing plant in the United States and had held discussions with Georgia officials.

The plant is a key part of Hyundai’s $7.4 billion planned investment in the United States through 2025 to foster future mobility.

The state of Georgia expects to attract another $1 billion in additional investment from non-affiliated Hyundai Motor Group suppliers on top of the investment.

Hyundai’s battery supplier, SK Innovation’s battery unit SK On, has built two adjacent plants in Georgia.

The first, which mostly supplies Volkswagen AG, started production in the first quarter.

The second, which will supply Ford Motor Co, is set to begin production early next year.

SK On will supply the battery for the Ioniq 7, a source previously told Reuters. SK On said it cannot comment on supply deals involving specific customers.

Hyundai’s U.S. investment coincides with U.S. President Biden’s arrival in South Korea on Friday.

The South Korean auto group, which is among the world’s five biggest automakers by vehicle sales, has production sites in Alabama and Georgia. In April, Hyundai Motor said it plans to invest $300 million to add EVs in its Montgomery assembly.

Separately, Hyundai Motor Group said Wednesday it plans to invest 21 trillion won ($16.43 billion) through 2030 for the expansion of its EV business in South Korea.

www.mining.com

Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
Wake up everyone

WE ARE BEING SCREWED OVER
Best elaborate on that one a little bit @ptlas we're certainly under assault but not seeing much yet to come to any definitive conclusions.
Management fairly steadfast and confident going into this suspension, I've not seen anything yet suggesting it'll be any different coming out of it.

Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20
Cantor Fitzgerald
"We view the claims challenging ownership interests as a distraction and expect them to be resolved in the near-term with no negative impact to AVZ. As such, we view the recent sell-off in the stock as a buying opportunity: We maintain our Speculative Buy rating and $1.00 target price."

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

is that technically a bribe???

You want to be careful

Francks wife runs the Not for Profit school down the road....

Who audits those books after donation is made....

God this whole affair has turned me into a cynical prick

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
I suspect the way any "takeover" would work is another entity (Zijin) would buy out AVZ's interest in Dathcom (which is the company that will hold the mining license and is not an Oz domiciled entity)

Whatever that % interest of AVZ in Dathcom is (75%, 66%, 51%???????????....who fkn knows)

Then I suspect AVZ would either keep that money and look for another resource (good luck finding another once in a lifetime Manono....)

OR

Distribute the proceeds to all the shareholders of AVZ, wind up the company, and everyone rides off into the sunset

We pocket a buck fiddy to 2 bucks and the DRC get's completely fkd over by Chinese interests, corruption continues to run rife and the Congolese population continue to suffer ongoing predation, pain and poverty

Interesting alternative outcome, never thought about that scenario. 🤔 I doubt anyone would fork over $3bln+ to buy us out of Dathcom so the money could go to AVZ shareholders at a dollar a share and wrap up the company.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Interesting alternative outcome, never thought about that scenario. 🤔 I doubt anyone would fork over $3bln+ to buy us out of Dathcom so the money could go to AVZ shareholders at a dollar a share and wrap up the company.
Why not

You'd be buying complete control of the whole Manono resource

What's that worth over the next 40 years?

The purchaser wouldn't care less what AVZ did with the proceeds......purchaser wouldn't give a fuck

All they're interested in is the resource

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20

You want to be careful

Was thinking the same Wino, all starting to sound a bit like snacks particularly if it's linked to a certain outcome.
Not the greatest thing I've seen from Jens imo in light of how it can be perceived.

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
Why not

You'd be buying complete control of the whole Manono resource

What's that worth over the next 40 years?

The purchaser wouldn't care less what AVZ did with the proceeds......purchaser wouldn't give a fuck

All they're interested in is the resource
I guess so. If it is all in the too hard basket and likely to drag on and on and Nigel can do an amazing deal making all BoD members and many LTHs multi millionaires why not. In one of my earlier HC posts I mentioned my doubt about AVZ being of the required experience and caliber to transform from a geologist based explorer to a mining company. Selling with a mining licence in hand might be an attractive lucrative exit strategy for an explorer and many posters here.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Was thinking the same Wino, all starting to sound a bit like snacks particularly if it's linked to a certain outcome.
Not the greatest thing I've seen from Jens imo in light of how it can be perceived.

I think it's only classed as a bribe in the DRC if its spent on snacks, Franks house is going to look like the dessert bar at an 80's Pizza Hut

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

JAG

Top 20

You want to be careful

Nope
Donald Trump Head Shake GIF by Election 2016

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
The mods must have locked themselves out of their accounts on the crapper, I can't believe this post is still up with the URL for here in the screen shot...

https://hotcrapper.com.au/threads/a...on-extension.6753925/page-51?post_id=61521874

Could be a handy link to get some more invites out I'm sure we are still missing people here.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Btw

I like it that CATH is still at arms length.
Nigel might have to keep them at arms length for an extended time and look for alternative funding.

I hope Nigel will never allow the Chinese to get a majority interest.

Zijin made it clear they wish to team up with their Chinese compatriots, well they have they hope 30%, but that is disputed.

AVZ has 60% and that is not disputed and 15% which is disputed.

Just keep on extending the Cath deal until such time the rest is indisputable 75%, the longer the delay, the higher the price.

For Dathcom to obtain the ML, they have to pay the surface rights.
Dathcom owners will have to reimburse Dathcom

• Thinking
  • Fire

wombat74

Top 20
Post from PAZBOZ on that other site
"ICC arbitration was if mutual agreement was between AVZ Minerals and Zijin .
IMO this now would have changed to multiple parties involment.
DRC has publicly announced through a government enquiry that Comminiere another government department acted illegally in transferring shares to Zijin.
So will Zijin foolishly continue to seek arbitration in France or simply cut its losses .
Or go to France against DRC government plus AVZ minerals .
Jeopardising existing good will with other operating projects in the DRC.
IMO a withdrawal of arbitration in France will occur from Zijin and 15 % first right from Comminiere to AVZ minerals."
ALL IMO

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

JAG

Top 20
HAHAHAHAHAHA.....Mr Langford is back for another crack....fucking twat!!!!

1653113469566.png

• Haha
  • Thinking

JAG

Top 20
1653113615323.png

Reactions: 17 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

CHB

Regular

OR

Nige planning for this already with his comments about planning for another project?

I've always wondered about planning for another project when we could have so many expansions to work on with manono itself.

Reactions: 3 users

John25

Regular

OR

I’m with you WN ....show me the $$$$ and I’m out .....you don’t Ferk with these ferkers

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom