Frank

Top 20
View attachment 7183

Includes NGO's so it's potentially a reasonably broad discussion

Hope that helps

*Speaking of DRC Mining Projects and AJN, did you see where,

Creation of "Congo Resources": the DRC values its mining assets

A step is taken in the DRC.

Through the Ministry of Portfolio led by the Minister of State, Princess Adèle Kayinda Mahina, the batteries are started to end the paradox of a country with a huge potential for mining resources, but with sites bearers of this potential remaining at the rudimentary stage of the recovery of the research permit.

In a complex decor of existing companies having accumulated a liability making their use difficult as a real financial vehicle for the enhancement of the mining heritage of the State through the financial markets, the Government of the Republic has decided to create another structure state capable of accomplishing this task.

This is "Congo Resources".

This entity whose creation was announced to the media on Thursday, May 19 by the Minister of State in charge of the portfolio, will work in partnership with the Canadian Law Company "AJN Resources Inc", listed on the Canadian stock market.

According to the Minister of State in charge of the portfolio, the valuation of mining assets will be done through the stock markets of the world, and it will make it possible to lift the funds which will be assigned to the certification of our reserves and will serve as collateral guarantees for Big investments.

Congo Resources will therefore be a national exploration and development company focused on the acquisition, development and constitution of convertible mining assets.

For over 75 years, a large number of mining assets (Green Fields type) of which those of Sokimo have still not been valued by the State.

They remained unexploited by state companies and are now in the public domain of the State without having been valued.

A situation that remains non -beneficial to the Congolese state, because these assets have brought nothing to the public treasury for decades.

Building on this alarming observation, the need to enhance these assets and the requirement for important capital.

This implies real investment in the research permits that have been established and identified for these dormant assets which are now in the public domain.

This is why, the State, via the Ministry of the Portfolio, proposed and obtained the creation of a portfolio company, "Congo Resources" 100% controlled by the State, to whom the various mining assets concerned will be transferred by the operation.

Congo Resources will make available to a partner operating on the financial market, said active, with a view to raising funds that will enable them to be valued and the partner chosen after a meticulous study is AJN Resources.

The partnership contract signed on May 5, 2022 in Kinshasa between the Congolese party, represented by Princess Adèle Kayinda Mahina and Antoinette N'Samba Kalambayi, respectively Minister of State, Minister of Portfolio and Minister of Mines, and the AJN Resources party, represented by Mr. Klauss Eckhof, lighting up on the various commitments relating to the scope of research mining activities covering the mining areas of Gada-Manga-Rambi, Zani, Moku and Manono.

Diversification of partnership with research permits on lithium and cobalt

AJN, it is noted, undertakes to issue in favor of the Congolese State a number of ordinary shares representative of its capital up to 60% of all the actions put in circulation in AJN.

And it also undertakes to mobilize the substantial funding which makes it possible to cover all the costs linked to the carrying out of geological studies, in accordance with the program to be developed and to be determined by the two parties by mutual agreement and within the best period.

The Congolese state, for its part, undertakes to make available to AJN all the documentation relating to the prospects and mining assets targeted.

And in the event that AJN succeeds in raising the funds to enhance mining assets, the Congolese state undertakes to have the capital of the company vehicle operated for the benefit of AJN to 40% maximum.

And according to the partnership roadmap, it is planned in the medium and long term, the diversification of the partnership by integrating other permits to search for lithium, cobalt and chrome to allow Congo Resources and AJN to secure the supply of minerals for the initiative to create a chain of battery values in the DRC.

Basically, there is nothing of a sell-off contract as some fishermen in troubled waters want to present it.

This is indeed the materialization of the decisions taken at the 45th and 49th meetings of the Council of Ministers of the Government, held respectively on March 18 and April 15, 2022, and in which questions on the development, enhancement and the promotion of the mining assets of the DRC were presented and defended by the Minister of State in charge of the Portfolio.

www.mediacongo.net/home.html

IIF interviews Eric Allard, CEO, Tantalex Lithium Resources at the Mining Indaba 2022 in Cape Town​

Homer simpson Pie.png

its-like-a-sauna-in-here-frank.jpg

#Hmmm.jpg

Like Lithium through the ⌛

So are the DRC Days of our Lives :unsure:

Food for thought 🤞

Frank 🙏

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20
* Days of our Lives in the DRC continues, as

Reconciliation between Joseph Kabila and Moïse Katumbi?

"It will not be a surprise to see Joseph Kabila and Moïse Katumbi reconcile. They are sons of Katanga. The moments of rupture, there were for a long time between the two brothers. Today, we are talking about the reconciliation between all the worthy sons of Katanga.

The two could also be reconciled at the same time", affirms, on Top congo, Félix Kabange Numbi, close to the former president of the Republic and participant in the Forum of unity and reconciliation which is held in Lubumbashi at the initiative of Mgr Fulgence Muteba, Metropolitan Archbishop.

Former governor of the former province of Katanga, Moïse Katumbi was a very close collaborator of the former President of the Republic Joseph Kabila before his exile and then his switch to the Opposition.

Forum without political connotation

"We are discussing Katanga values. We are here to discuss the moral vision of Katanga, its heritage. Why there were these moments of rupture between communities in Katanga", insists the former Minister of Health who reassures that, contrary to what is said, this forum has no political connotation.

"It's really a fraternal meeting that has nothing to do with all that people say on social networks in relation to politics, elections. People should stop with that. We have better things to do than to speak what they think".

Félix Kabange reassures that "so far, the forum is going very well, in an atmosphere of perfect fraternity. It is true that when we talk about unity and reconciliation between brothers, it is quite normal that from time to time voices are raised. But the most important thing is that everything is done in fraternity, everything is going normally".

Scheduled for this Thursday, May 19, the closing of this forum takes place this Friday, May 20.

View attachment 7127

View attachment 7128

2023: the weight of the opposition against Tshisekedi?

1653052926388.png

The next presidential election in the DRC will take place in 2023.

One year before the election, the positioning games have begun within the Congolese opposition.

On May 11, Martin Fayulu and Augustin Matata Ponyo, both candidates for the 2023 presidential election, met to discuss issues important to the DRC in their eyes.

According to several media on site in Kinshasa, the meeting between the two men lasted two hours with a focus on the patriotic bloc, which brings together Catholic and Protestant organizations, citizen movements as well as opposition parties.

An organization set up to obtain consensual reforms before the 2023 election.

However, as Dany Ayida, resident director in the DRC of the National Democratic Institute (NDI) recalls, last year Martin Fayulu also met the former president Joseph Kabila.

This gave rise to a number of speculations but there was no structured or formalized meeting of the opposition facing President Felix Tshisekedi.

Dany Ayida specifies that at present, the Congolese president has a fairly strong majority in Parliament and controls the government and the various provinces of the country quite well.

The opposition will therefore have to demonstrate its capacity for cohesion and proposal, insists Dany Ayida.

"There are quite a few key players that we know in the DRC through their political party and who have obvious capacities for action, but the upheavals within the political class have led a certain number of them to keep the silence.

So, we no longer really know at what level they are.

The majority of those we know who lead the political formations and the most representative groups are associated with the current government.

Over the coming months, we will see if there will be a real alliance that takes shape in favor of an opposition with a platform of proposals and we will see if the population adheres or not,” concludes the NDI expert.

Advance in scattered rank?

For Augustin Muhesi, professor of political science at the Catholic University of Graben, in Butembo, a united opposition could represent a counterweight to the current president.

However, the question is whether the Congolese political class is able to unite around an opposition.

“The Congolese political class is characterized by strong divisions linked in particular to the ideological deficit, to the deficit of a common project, explains Augustin Muhesi.

There is a movement of political vagrancy where political actors leave one camp for another, often they are ready to support the candidacy of the one who is in power because he is considered to have the political means, the financial means.

Unless, as the political universe is uncertain, we are witnessing a paradigm shift", emphasizes the teacher.

Kabila, the comeback?

So what about a possible return of Joseph Kabila on the political scene?

For Professor Muhesi, this is of course the wish of those nostalgic for the Kabila era.

But he also insists on the fact that even if he does not appear, Joseph Kabila could continue to play in the shadows or finance the candidacy of a political actor who would be able to protect them... and its important economic interests.

www.mediacongo.net

#Hmmm.jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Manono :unsure:

Cheers

Frank 🍻

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Scoota30

Regular
Seems like the public awareness around all of the illegal transactions is gaining traction and certain people are asking the right questions and having the luxury of AVZ's side of the story to be spoken about aswell, one would think that there would be similar heat brewing in the government departments.

Also, not sure if it has also been posted but the DRC mining week held in Lubumbashi is June 1st - 3rd, aligning nicely with the extension to voluntary suspension? What's another week or 6 of waiting 😂

Attachments

• 20220520_212819.png
    20220520_212819.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: 11 users

CashKing

Regular
Thanks Beisha

I've never had it till now either!

I think it's different for everyone who gets it

Our good friend @Dazmac66 is a case in point (hope you're on the comback trail there buddy (y))

My symptoms were like the flu but different

Headaches, joint pain, huge fogginess in the head, confusion, massive fatigue (wanted to sleep but couldn't which was weird) sore throat (not massive) coughing (dry), runny nose (not so much blocked), chills for me (not so much fever)

On top of that my wife and kids had been crook for a number of weeks

I was last man standing but they had all tested negative to that point

To be honest I really didn't think I had Covid

Currently I care for my mum who has dementia and my mentally ill sister who still reside in the family home from my childhood in the 60's

I quit work after dad passed away early 2021 as mum and my sister at that point needed help and fortunately I was in a position to provide it

I only got the PCR test because I wanted to make sure I didn't go to the family home with covid.....there is a very strong chance (given her age and health) that if mum gets the flu let alone Covid it would be terrible

Worth checking out the symptoms and being aware

Don't hesitate to get a PCR or a RAT to confirm or eliminate your Covid status

Most of all make sure you're okay and all your loved ones
A hot lap in the Hyundai once he’s better after 3 bottles of wine Is the go I reckon mate 👍

Stay safe boys & gals..

Gotta go prep the boat ffs it’s late already dammm the time flys….

See you at dawn…

GLTAH

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

CHB

Regular
Too much hot fluff coming out of Felix and drc gov with their big plans for mining and battery production in drc and they can't even sort out a mining license.

No faith in them tbh. By the time he finishes talking he will be voted out.

• Thinking
Oh I'm a shit stirrer. Didn't get a reply from the jinballs so sent a follow up

View attachment 7053
Respect for the shit-stirring. I hope you never intend to visit China - in all seriousness, there will be eyes on you. If you do go, leave ALL of your tech at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
Thought you were on "holidays" ;)
After half a bottle of bourbon my daughters got me set up on twatter....been having some alcohol driven fun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

LX600

Regular
Morning all! I think it is time for Nigel to contact CNN and pay for the top story corner and expose the whole story of the China/Zijin dirty play and say AVZ is keeping fighting

Last edited:
  • Love
Very interesting documentary on the DRC for those that have 17 min free today.

Worth a watch.

Bloomberg here exposes the level of corruption in DRC from their own past leader surrounding one of their main banks, and also Chinese mining companies funnelling money out of the DRC without abiding by their give back agreements.

I think it is time they give us a go, don't they already have enough Chinese companies in the country that have wronged them so many times?

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Screenshot_20220521-084551_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Frank

Top 20
Bloomberg here exposes the level of corruption in DRC from their own past leader surrounding one of their main banks, and also Chinese mining companies funnelling money out of the DRC without abiding by their give back agreements.

I think it is time they give us a go, don't they already have enough Chinese companies in the country that have wronged them so many times?
Fyi,

Gécamines: Cogep denounces the irregularities in the sale of mining titles

Publication this Thursday, May 19 in Lubumbashi, of the report entitled "Gécamines, What hides the mutual agreement".

This report by the Coalition for Public Enterprise Governance (COGEP) analyzed two mining partnership contracts.

This is the contract signed between Gécamines, Metalkol and Evelyne.

In this report, the results of the investigations show irregularities on the issue of disposal of certain mining assets.

This is the case of the signing of the contract between Gécamines and the company Metalkol.

According to this report, the contract was signed while the case was still pending in court.

The case pitted First Quantum Minerals against Gécamines.

Investigators are also finding signs of financial malfeasance.

There are also corrupt practices and mismanagement in the negotiation of two contracts.

For example, Gécamines ceded the mining title to Metalkol at 60,000,000 US dollars.

It is an undervaluation, say the investigators because its real market value is estimated at 2,690,000,000 US dollars.

The report reveals the responsibility of the agents of Gécamines and that of the political leaders.

By way of illustration, Cogep raises the case of Dan Gertler. Indeed, Gécamines also ceded the royalties in Metalkol to the Multree company belonging to this Israeli businessman.

Gécamines officials prioritize their interests to the detriment of the population

The NGO members of Cogep point out that none of the disposals analyzed in the context of the study were carried out in compliance with the laws of the DRC.

According to them, everything happened in the total indifference of the Congolese government and Parliament.

The report then depicts a connivance of interest and an obsession of the agents of Gécamines and certain political leaders.

All want to manage mining assets in violation of the established legal and institutional framework.

This, for the sole purpose of guaranteeing their personal interests, we read in this document.

To do this, Cogep recommends that the President of the Republic order the review of all mining contracts concluded from 2009 to date.

Also, it asks the General Inspectorate of Finance (IGF) to audit the management of Gécamines agents.

It must be said that this study, supported by Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA), was carried out for a period of one year, from February 2021 to February 2022.

#doublefacepalm.jpg

#Hmmm.jpg

• Thinking
  • Wow

CHB

Regular
Fyi,

Gécamines: Cogep denounces the irregularities in the sale of mining titles

Publication this Thursday, May 19 in Lubumbashi, of the report entitled "Gécamines, What hides the mutual agreement".

This report by the Coalition for Public Enterprise Governance (COGEP) analyzed two mining partnership contracts.

This is the contract signed between Gécamines, Metalkol and Evelyne.

In this report, the results of the investigations show irregularities on the issue of disposal of certain mining assets.

This is the case of the signing of the contract between Gécamines and the company Metalkol.

According to this report, the contract was signed while the case was still pending in court.

The case pitted First Quantum Minerals against Gécamines.

Investigators are also finding signs of financial malfeasance.

There are also corrupt practices and mismanagement in the negotiation of two contracts.

For example, Gécamines ceded the mining title to Metalkol at 60,000,000 US dollars.

It is an undervaluation, say the investigators because its real market value is estimated at 2,690,000,000 US dollars.

The report reveals the responsibility of the agents of Gécamines and that of the political leaders.

By way of illustration, Cogep raises the case of Dan Gertler. Indeed, Gécamines also ceded the royalties in Metalkol to the Multree company belonging to this Israeli businessman.

Gécamines officials prioritize their interests to the detriment of the population

The NGO members of Cogep point out that none of the disposals analyzed in the context of the study were carried out in compliance with the laws of the DRC.

According to them, everything happened in the total indifference of the Congolese government and Parliament.

The report then depicts a connivance of interest and an obsession of the agents of Gécamines and certain political leaders.

All want to manage mining assets in violation of the established legal and institutional framework.

This, for the sole purpose of guaranteeing their personal interests, we read in this document.

To do this, Cogep recommends that the President of the Republic order the review of all mining contracts concluded from 2009 to date.

Also, it asks the General Inspectorate of Finance (IGF) to audit the management of Gécamines agents.

It must be said that this study, supported by Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA), was carried out for a period of one year, from February 2021 to February 2022.

View attachment 7229

View attachment 7230
More hold ups?

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
Seems these mofos have successfully surrounded AVZ in a negative light throughout the media again. A quick search reveals plenty of negative media in the past 24 hours along the same lines as the AFR article.
I'm not seeing anything coming out in defence of AVZ, at least not going by the headlines.
Not really finding anything in regard to this NGO conference from yesterday that I was looking for. :unsure:

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
This is getting murkier every day, and it looks like China are pulling many strings. I'll take a $2 takeover.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
This is getting murkier every day, and it looks like China are pulling many strings. I'll take a $2 takeover.
I'd like to see them dragged through the mud and crapped on by the DRC government ideally before sending them back to China. :poop:
2 bucks aint going to cut it for the shit we've endured the past few years.
Trouble is they're successful damaging AVZ's standing by causing shareholders to become increasingly concerned.
Management had better have something pretty solid coming out of this suspension or they're going to be next on the chopping block imo.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Fletch77

Regular
I hope Nigel and the board are onto the US and Europe looking for deals.. the Chinese can get fucked now completely..

CATH deal can’t go through now Zijin are trying to fuck us over.. The DRC govt are appearing spineless, let’s hope they do come out guns blazing soon though..

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

Remark

Top 20
Thanks Beisha

I've never had it till now either!

I think it's different for everyone who gets it

Our good friend @Dazmac66 is a case in point (hope you're on the comback trail there buddy (y))

My symptoms were like the flu but different

Headaches, joint pain, huge fogginess in the head, confusion, massive fatigue (wanted to sleep but couldn't which was weird) sore throat (not massive) coughing (dry), runny nose (not so much blocked), chills for me (not so much fever)

On top of that my wife and kids had been crook for a number of weeks

I was last man standing but they had all tested negative to that point

To be honest I really didn't think I had Covid

Currently I care for my mum who has dementia and my mentally ill sister who still reside in the family home from my childhood in the 60's

I quit work after dad passed away early 2021 as mum and my sister at that point needed help and fortunately I was in a position to provide it

I only got the PCR test because I wanted to make sure I didn't go to the family home with covid.....there is a very strong chance (given her age and health) that if mum gets the flu let alone Covid it would be terrible

Worth checking out the symptoms and being aware

Don't hesitate to get a PCR or a RAT to confirm or eliminate your Covid status

Most of all make sure you're okay and all your loved ones
I hope you recover quickly WN.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

wombat74

Top 20
Seems these mofos have successfully surrounded AVZ in a negative light throughout the media again. A quick search reveals plenty of negative media in the past 24 hours along the same lines as the AFR article.
I'm not seeing anything coming out in defence of AVZ, at least not going by the headlines.
Not really finding anything in regard to this NGO conference from yesterday that I was looking for. :unsure:

They are just regurgitating the rubbish Boatman put out . You can print something as much as you like doesn't make it fact . Lazy journalism along with a smear campaign in play by some .

Reactions: 19 users

Samus

Top 20
Trouble is for average Joe you're seeing all these false claims like 'Aussie firm likely to loose major lithium mine to Web of Chinese interests '
That sort of shit will be enough for many to steer clear and more of the same narrative like I'm not investing in that because of Chinese bla bla and Dr Congo corruption etc etc.
Dodgy headline grabbing false articles are popping up everywhere with pretty much nothing to counter it as yet.

Last edited:
  • Sad

wombat74

Top 20
Trouble is for average Joe you're seeing all these claims like 'Aussie firm likely to loose major lithium mine to Web of Chinese interests '
That sort of shit will be enough for many to steer clear and more of the same narrative like I'm not investing in that because of Chinese bla bla and Dr Congo corruption etc etc.
Dodgy headline grabbing false articles are popping up everywhere with pretty much nothing to counter it as yet.
True , but they are the first bull out of the gate . We haven't had our turn yet . Majority of your average Joe is not going to invest in the DRC regardless of the current situation .

• Thinking
Top Bottom