AVZ Discussion 2022

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Nige planning for this already with his comments about planning for another project?

I've always wondered about planning for another project when we could have so many expansions to work on with manono itself.
Not a chance, if matters go our way. He said diversification, not divestment

And you guys are too easily influenced by the crap being put out there. Reassess when Nigel speaks, and we come out of suspension, but don't throw the towel in now

There was always going to be a shit fight for the most fantastic project going. remember, the front door is shut, so they only have the back and side doors to try and enter. Both are apparently locked

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

John25

Regular

And you guys are too easily influenced by the crap being put out there. Reassess when Nigel speaks, and we come out of suspension, but don't throw the towel in now

There was always going to be a shit fight for the most fantastic project going. remember, the front door is shut, so they only have the back and side doors to try and enter. Both are apparently locked
My back door is ALWAYS locked

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

CHB

Regular

Definitely not throwing in the towel.

It has definitely been an eye opener though..not about nige..or about china.. but about DRC gov

Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

Certainly not throwing in the towel

Just waiting for the next announcement and taking it from there

Like the footy except it's one "announcement" at a time

• Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
My back door is ALWAYS locked
Does make one wonder what the "side" door is ??? 🤪😳

• Thinking
  • Haha

BEISHA

Top 20
Hi All

I invested in AVZ , not just for the monetary gain, but the hope it would also change DRC poverty cycle and more importantly, save the planet.

Make no mistake AVZ can really make a difference to both scenarios big time as per the bubble chart.

That AVZ bubble is just Roche Dure alone, add CDL to the mix and AVZ bubble completely shadows the collective of all other participants.

AVZ bubble chart.gif

Unfortunately, the one negative that i have always had with AVZ, (100% offtake involvement with China, China been in Africa / DRC for over 30 yrs, they have road and belt initiatives too, massive influence), was the control aspect, for a long while there, i thought it was going to be a non issue, (especially when the FIRB made it clear that no more than 10% foreign interest was allowable) with barely a squeek being said of any misappropriation , even up to the ML decree...............until now.

How convenient......:mad:

Make no mistake, the collective China is trying to take control of Dathcom , to bypass the FIRB and take ultimate control of Manono by stealth with a little help of some corrupt officials of DRC / Comimiere.

This was the way that WPL / COP screwed over FAR who had pre emptive rights to buy COP percentage of the project when they indicated they wanted to sell, but WPL found a way to bend that by buying out the subsidiary coy of COP , funnily enuff, FAR took them to court thinking they had a strong case thru ICC no less...............but lost out .

Yet another case of a big predator screwing over a minor.....the Zijin affair with AVZ eerily similar.

DRC needs to show conviction in accordance with their big statements " providing a better future for their people ", eradicating corruption ", DRC is the ideal place to invest in the EV revolution "

So far their silence and lack of swift action to what appears clear cut fraud..........suggests that its all BS.

I would be lying if i said my investment with AVZ is comfortable atm...........:unsure:

The silence is deafening.

imo

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

TDITD

Top 20

Well said Xerof,
The ease at which they now have many ready to throw in the towel….shocking. One shorting campaign and many ready to fold. As was mentioned earlier in the thread harden up.
We know what’s happened, we know the Government agency IGF called out cominiere and Zijin corruption, we know we have 1st option to the 15%, we know we are on battery council (so must have a good relationship with the government) and we know we have a giant resource to be coveted.
Go through and read past presentations, listen to interviews.
This is AVZs legacy

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

John25

Regular
Well said Xerof,
The ease at which they now have many ready to throw in the towel….shocking. One shorting campaign and many ready to fold. As was mentioned earlier in the thread harden up.
We know what’s happened, we know the Government agency IGF called out cominiere and Zijin corruption, we know we have 1st option to the 15%, we know we are on battery council (so must have a good relationship with the government) and we know we have a giant resource to be coveted.
Go through and read past presentations, listen to interviews.
This is AVZs legacy
Sorry ..Harden Up ..been here almost since day Dot ..seen SP go from 2c to 37c then back to 4c Read horse’s endless posts also Deboss ,was entertained by Beaner ..went through Ninja /Easter /Klaus & even this year Nige said it was going to be a good Xmas .Have well over a million shares invested at ave11c so in front 600% ..been in the AVZ trenches long enought

Reactions: 17 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

BEISHA

Top 20

I dont think anyone is seriously thinking about throwing in the towel, certainly not me, but at the same time, if you aint constantly looking at your investment from ALL ANGLES, with a clear lense, then you are doing yourself and your family an injustice.....;)

I like you will be looking forward to some clarity via the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS .

imo

Reactions: 18 users
Sorry ..Harden Up ..been here almost since day Dot ..seen SP go from 2c to 37c then back to 4c Read horse’s endless posts also Deboss ,was entertained by Beaner ..went through Ninja /Easter /Klaus & even this year Nige said it was going to be a good Xmas .Have well over a million shares invested at ave11c so in front 600% ..been in the AVZ trenches long enought
That's a good description of my position and sentiment towards AVZ @John25 .
AVZ have done a steady job at defining and unlocking the value of this immense resource over many years Through thick and thin, missed deadlines and poorly timed CRs, etc. I never doubted the ultimate potential because of the insightful posters you mention, thanks to you all!!!! Your analysis made me consolidate all my odds and ends in mining, medical, aggri stocks into AVZ at an average of $0.063. So whether it's gonna be 75%, 66%, 51% (or even the rubbish idea of 36%) of this massive and expandable 10MTpa mine, it is in the end going to pay off nicely for who's been patient and cool headed.

Reactions: 14 users

Frank

Top 20
The boggling thing is Frank, no word from any DRC officials about any of this right? How can that be so on their watch? Too busy promoting the country all over the world? Lol

Meanwhile us

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ituri: SOCIT denounces “the proliferation of artisanal gold mining sites by Chinese subjects”

The coordinator of the Civil Society of Ituri (SOCIT) Dieudonné Losa Dhekana, in the name of living forces, denounced the “proliferation of artisanal gold mining sites by Chinese subjects” across the province of Ituri . It was during a heated press briefing in his office.

In an open letter to Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde, he launched “this illicit exploitation worries the population of Ituri, which it describes as looting of its resources.

The same illicit exploitation would also be supporting armed groups in Ituri province, that is to say the presence of active armed groups around mining sites”.

SOCIT asked the head of the central government to suspend the activities of the Chinese company Kimia Mining pending, it argued, the harmonization of views with the local community, to withdraw all the mining squares held by the Chinese companies that are logging illegally and bring them to justice to compensate the local community.

SOCIT, through its coordinator, urged Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde to order the restitution to the local community of its concessions expropriated by Chinese companies, to launch an independent and mixed investigation to elucidate the cases of torture, sexual violence, murders that would be committed in the mining squares.

According to SOCIT, the conflicts on the mining sites between the local operators and the Chinese are becoming more and more recurrent, giving as proof the clashes between the population of the locality of Bavi in the territory of Irumu and the Chinese and the tensions observed in several mining sites located in the different localities of the territory of Mambasa, in particular the chiefdom of Bombo, Bandengaido and Muchanga.

Incidents that risk degenerating into an open conflict.

www.mediacongo

#Hmmm.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

John25

Regular
I dont think anyone is seriously thinking about throwing in the towel, certainly not me, but at the same time, if you aint constantly looking at your investment from ALL ANGLES, with a clear lense, then you are doing yourself and
I dont think anyone is seriously thinking about throwing in the towel, certainly not me, but at the same time, if you aint constantly looking at your investment from ALL ANGLES, with a clear lense, then you are doing yourself and your family an injustice.....;)

I like you will be looking forward to some clarity via the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS .

imo
Exactly ..ML was only days away ..weeks ago ..we need to be informed on why/whats happening …any Boss has it literally drilled into them that its ALL about communication …suspended ????? Extended ????? Not exactly throwing in da towel but would like to know whats going on or where we stand .Not scared by shorts attack but as previously stated seen SP go from 37c to 4c but held on tight

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

CHB

Regular
Hi All

I invested in AVZ , not just for the monetary gain, but the hope it would also change DRC poverty cycle and more importantly, save the planet.

Make no mistake AVZ can really make a difference to both scenarios big time as per the bubble chart.

That AVZ bubble is just Roche Dure alone, add CDL to the mix and AVZ bubble completely shadows the collective of all other participants.

View attachment 7265
Unfortunately, the one negative that i have always had with AVZ, (100% offtake involvement with China, China been in Africa / DRC for over 30 yrs, they have road and belt initiatives too, massive influence), was the control aspect, for a long while there, i thought it was going to be a non issue, (especially when the FIRB made it clear that no more than 10% foreign interest was allowable) with barely a squeek being said of any misappropriation , even up to the ML decree...............until now.

Make no mistake, the collective China is trying to take control of Dathcom , to bypass the FIRB and take ultimate control of Manono by stealth with a little help of some corrupt officials of DRC / Comimiere.

This was the way that WPL / COP screwed over FAR who had pre emptive rights to buy COP percentage of the project when they indicated they wanted to sell, but WPL found a way to bend that by buying out the subsidiary coy of COP , funnily enuff, FAR took them to court thinking they had a strong case thru ICC no less...............but lost out .

Yet another case of a big predator screwing over a minor.....the Zijin affair with AVZ eerily similar.

DRC needs to show conviction in accordance with their big statements " providing a better future for their people ", eradicating corruption ", DRC is the ideal place to invest in the EV revolution "

So far their silence and lack of swift action to what appears clear cut fraud..........suggests that its all BS.

I would be lying if i said my investment with AVZ is comfortable atm...........:unsure:

imo

I think this is also what some are underestimating. We're not really playing with some one off rogue organisation.

We're playing with a seasoned shady AF country who is willing to step on anyone to get what they want who has thrown so much cash into DRC already.

There is not much AVZ can do at the moment, that's why it's eye opening for DRC Gov. All talk no action.

For all those that said that the ministerial decree for ML meant that DRC gov has done due diligence on ownership and everything else.. well I ask where is the ML? Still not issued.

• Love

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Ituri: SOCIT denounces “the proliferation of artisanal gold mining sites by Chinese subjects”

The coordinator of the Civil Society of Ituri (SOCIT) Dieudonné Losa Dhekana, in the name of living forces, denounced the “proliferation of artisanal gold mining sites by Chinese subjects” across the province of Ituri . It was during a heated press briefing in his office.

In an open letter to Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde, he launched “this illicit exploitation worries the population of Ituri, which it describes as looting of its resources.

The same illicit exploitation would also be supporting armed groups in Ituri province, that is to say the presence of active armed groups around mining sites”.

SOCIT asked the head of the central government to suspend the activities of the Chinese company Kimia Mining pending, it argued, the harmonization of views with the local community, to withdraw all the mining squares held by the Chinese companies that are logging illegally and bring them to justice to compensate the local community.

SOCIT, through its coordinator, urged Prime Minister Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde to order the restitution to the local community of its concessions expropriated by Chinese companies, to launch an independent and mixed investigation to elucidate the cases of torture, sexual violence, murders that would be committed in the mining squares.

According to SOCIT, the conflicts on the mining sites between the local operators and the Chinese are becoming more and more recurrent, giving as proof the clashes between the population of the locality of Bavi in the territory of Irumu and the Chinese and the tensions observed in several mining sites located in the different localities of the territory of Mambasa, in particular the chiefdom of Bombo, Bandengaido and Muchanga.

Incidents that risk degenerating into an open conflict.

www.mediacongo

View attachment 7271
They are unfuckingbelievable aren't they?

Reactions: 9 users

John25

Regular
Geez havent had a drink yet :) …might have to put phone away
1653124726110.gif

• Haha
  • Fire

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Day dot here too. Average 6 cents. This is by far the toughest section of the road to Manono that we've had to deal with to date

Reactions: 14 users

BEISHA

Top 20
They are unfuckingbelievable aren't they?
Everywhere China goes, the common theme is CONTROL, CONTROL, DESTRUCT!!

Not being an alarmist, just sharing FACTS!!

DRC needs to learn from the lessons of other countries , or it will be another victim.

FACT.

• Thinking

JAG

Top 20

All I can say is..... fuck the chinese and there world wide domination,,,,,time to move on.​

its now not about them anymore !

‘Live by the sword, die by the sword’: Chinese plot to take control of Congolese lithium mine could crash Australian firm’s shares​

BY:LOUIS GOSS
Opencast-Coal-Mining-At-Merthyr-Tydfil-1236280280.jpg

A plot by a coalition of powerful Chinese battery manufacturers, to take control of the world’s biggest lithium mine, threatens to crash the share price of Australian miner AVZ Minerals, a mysterious short seller has said.

AVZ Minerals could lose control over the Manano lithium mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and be left with a minority 36 per cent stake in the resource, if a plot being led by Chinese businessman Simon Cong is successful, Boatman Capital Research has said in a new report.

The report comes in the midst of a battle for control over the DRC mine between AVZ Minerals and Chinese miner Zijin Mining, which has seen AVZ voluntarily suspend trading of its own shares on the Australian Stock Exchange.

In its new report, Boatman Capital Research argues that AVZ is “being deliberately squeezed out of the Manono project,” as it claims the plot could see AVZ’s stake drop to just 36 per cent.

The scheme could see Zijin Mining and Chinese lithium miner CATH Energy Technologies take a combined 39 per cent stake in the mine, after CATH struck a deal with AVZ to buy a 24 per cent stake in the Congolese mine for $240m.

The short selling group warned that “at best, AVZ faces months or years of legal fights to block Zijin Mining and to claim shares from Dathcom Mining Resources. At worst, AVZ will lose control of Manono and be left with just 36 per cent of the project.”

Deal or no deal?​

The spat comes as AVZ claims that it currently owns a 75 per cent stake in Dathcom Mining – the local company that owns the rights to the Congolese resource – with the remaining 25 per cent held by DRC government backed company Cominiere.

The Australian firm says it upped its stake in the mine, from 60 per cent to 75 per cent, after buying a 15 per cent stake from Cominiere.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20
Hi All

View attachment 7265

imo
My thinking is DRC government won't want to advertise this in any way and I'm optimistic it will be dealt with as quietly as possible through the proper legal channels in the background. Not a good look sending Julien all over the world seeking foreign investment while some crooks and hyenas get away with selling state assets for personal gain to a Chinese company with a terrible record of ethics and in breach of existing agreements.
The concern related to this is how long it might take.

I'm also hopeful management haven't missed anything critical and perhaps this is the bigger worry considering the fact they still can't seem to iron out the typos slipping through into asx announcements. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom