AVZ Discussion 2022

Sorry. I'm too rusty. only picking up a few words, phrases. can't follow it.

Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I'm on. speak a bit of French. But what is this zoom about please?
1653043870494.jpeg

Includes NGO's so it's potentially a reasonably broad discussion

Hope that helps

Reactions: 8 users
A question that just got raised in the chat.

Screenshot_20220520-205759_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
All the chat text so far, converted to English. I'll exit soon.

From jeanpierreokenda to Everyone: 08:36 PM
Me Georges, I have a question
From Adrien M. / LITRASE RDC to Everyone: 08:37 PM
Good question 👍
From jeanpierreokenda to Everyone: 08:38 PM
I hope Me Georges reads the questions asked here.
From Denis to Everyone: 08:47 PM
Why is this person from Cominier not in prison?
From Merci Dieu THUAMBE to Everyone: 08:49 PM
Respect for time dear georges
From Joe to Everyone: 08:49 PM
who owns dathcom?
From Jean-Paul Piurac to Everyone: 08:50 PM
Can the speakers confirm that there were not 2 versions of feasibility studies?
From Paul to Everyone: 08:51 PM
Conclusions of the IGF on the illegal activities of Cominiere and Zijins with regard to the mine of Manono. Have these been discussed and condemned? as such, was AVZ's offer which was far superior and better for DR Congo also made public to the group here today so they can view the matches in progress?
From Kevin L to Everyone: 08:51 PM
Do some people from COMINIERE put the interests of ZIJIN before those of the Congolese?
From Joe to Everyone: 08:55 PM
the Chinese made a better offer.
From Paul to Everyone: 09:01 PM
Have you seen the AVZ offer? Did they mention it here or just the money that was offered? they also offered 8% in AVZ shares for example. Lots of lies from those involved in corruption here.
From Paul to Everyone: 09:08 PM
8% of AVZ is worth much more than 33 million. Then look at the dividends they will receive from the shares. It is shameful that people are told that China's offer was better.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
All the chat text so far, converted to English. I'll exit soon.

From jeanpierreokenda to Everyone: 08:36 PM
Me Georges, I have a question
From Adrien M. / LITRASE RDC to Everyone: 08:37 PM
Good question 👍
From jeanpierreokenda to Everyone: 08:38 PM
I hope Me Georges reads the questions asked here.
From Denis to Everyone: 08:47 PM
Why is this person from Cominier not in prison?
From Merci Dieu THUAMBE to Everyone: 08:49 PM
Respect for time dear georges
From Joe to Everyone: 08:49 PM
who owns dathcom?
From Jean-Paul Piurac to Everyone: 08:50 PM
Can the speakers confirm that there were not 2 versions of feasibility studies?
From Paul to Everyone: 08:51 PM
Conclusions of the IGF on the illegal activities of Cominiere and Zijins with regard to the mine of Manono. Have these been discussed and condemned? as such, was AVZ's offer which was far superior and better for DR Congo also made public to the group here today so they can view the matches in progress?
From Kevin L to Everyone: 08:51 PM
Do some people from COMINIERE put the interests of ZIJIN before those of the Congolese?
From Joe to Everyone: 08:55 PM
the Chinese made a better offer.
From Paul to Everyone: 09:01 PM
Have you seen the AVZ offer? Did they mention it here or just the money that was offered? they also offered 8% in AVZ shares for example. Lots of lies from those involved in corruption here.
From Paul to Everyone: 09:08 PM
8% of AVZ is worth much more than 33 million. Then look at the dividends they will receive from the shares. It is shameful that people are told that China's offer was better.
That's very much appreciated Hawk

Thank you for posting

Reactions: 13 users

TDITD

Top 20
I bet that Paul character is a handsome chap.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Mickdavo

Regular
Well the phone vibrating next to the camera woke me up! :ROFLMAO: (Still don't understand a word!)

• Haha
*Fyi, fwiw, To add to my previous post,

Too much high level, country-building and DRC world-building stuff happening now to give the Zijin much airspace.

Felix knows that if he can pull off full vertical integration for EV batteries, the DRC will never look back.

This is his country's generational moment.

It would be inconceivable if Felix didn't bat down anything (illegal) that would hamper something this significant. Genuine progress is being made here, and tbh, reasonably quickly.

Telephone meetings in Feb have turned into in-person meetings with CATL in May. Felix is entering the world stage atm, and I believe he and his ministers are smart enough no know the West is watching, via credit rating boosts, etc. IMO, the recent CATL meeting is the tell; it indicates (to me) the delicate balance of percentages are being taking care of.

I might be dead wrong, but I cannot see how Felix would get his battery hub with mucking around with ownership percentages this late in the game. CATL is Chinese, but they're notable leaders on the world stage and integral to Tesla's success (and other multi-billion dollar companies).

Perhaps, in Felix's mind, vertical integration for his country IS the basic issue and everything else is back-burner.

If this is the case, I would assume continued bullish tone from Nigel.

Let's remember, it all started here, and branched out very rapidly from Dec2021 onwards.

"Study by BloombergNEF (BNEF) on a unified African supply chain estimates that it would cost $39 million to build a 10,000 metric-ton cathode precursor plant in the DRC.

This is three times cheaper than what a similar plant in the U.S. would cost."

*recent dates first,
  • CATL has an in-person w/ minister of industry re: battery pilot plant - May 15
  • 545m African Dev Bank debt funding package - March27
  • UN establishing consultants to establish battery precursor plant in Katanga - March 28
  • Feliz jumps on a call with CATL - Feb 12
  • DR Congo and Dubai Port world to invest in deep water port - Jan31
  • DRC minister of finance announces jump in credit rating - Jan30
  • Felix meets with US Dep Security Advisor - Jan 28
  • Felix talks with his PM, mining minister and government delegates focus on Li projects in Katanga - Jan22
  • Felix tells his ministers to get busy with manufacturing EV batteries in DRC with 3 month window - Dec19
If any of you fools think Felix is going to put up with "snacks," you're misguided.

staypuff

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank :cool:
Always love your posts but this is one of your best! Thanks for all the effort

Reactions: 7 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
You in the zoom there @DiscoDanNZ ?

Negative, didn't know it was on and the Mrs leaves for a week tomorrow so I'm being a good husband tonight.

Don't speak French anyway... Looking forward to reading the outcomes from you guys though.

BEISHA

Top 20
My bad

I blame Covid head fog and will be retiring to bed very shortly :rolleyes:

Focker out...
How is COVID treating you ? What are your symptoms ?

Never had Covid, doing my level best to avoid it.

Take care

Yeh I was thinking of being a snake in the grass with that name, see if anyone suss would start a private convo

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

LX600

Regular
Reactions: 1 users
Damn, I should have made that my middle name 🤣🤣

JAG

Top 20
1653047402623.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
How is COVID treating you ? What are your symptoms ?

Never had Covid, doing my level best to avoid it.

Take care
Thanks Beisha

I've never had it till now either!

I think it's different for everyone who gets it

Our good friend @Dazmac66 is a case in point (hope you're on the comback trail there buddy (y))

My symptoms were like the flu but different

Headaches, joint pain, huge fogginess in the head, confusion, massive fatigue (wanted to sleep but couldn't which was weird) sore throat (not massive) coughing (dry), runny nose (not so much blocked), chills for me (not so much fever)

On top of that my wife and kids had been crook for a number of weeks

I was last man standing but they had all tested negative to that point

To be honest I really didn't think I had Covid

Currently I care for my mum who has dementia and my mentally ill sister who still reside in the family home from my childhood in the 60's

I quit work after dad passed away early 2021 as mum and my sister at that point needed help and fortunately I was in a position to provide it

I only got the PCR test because I wanted to make sure I didn't go to the family home with covid.....there is a very strong chance (given her age and health) that if mum gets the flu let alone Covid it would be terrible

Worth checking out the symptoms and being aware

Don't hesitate to get a PCR or a RAT to confirm or eliminate your Covid status

Most of all make sure you're okay and all your loved ones

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users

CashKing

Regular
Thanks Beisha

Our good friend @Dazmac66 is a case in point (hope you're on the comback trail there buddy (y))

Headaches, joint pain, huge fogginess in the head, confusion, massive fatigue (wanted to sleep but couldn't which was weird) sore throat (not massive) coughing (dry), runny nose (not so much blocked), chills for me (not so much fever)

Currently I care for my mum who has dementia and my mentally ill sister who still reside in the family home from my childhood in the 60's

I quit work after dad passed away early 2021 as mum and my sister at that point needed help and fortunately I was in a position to provide it

I only got the PCR test because I wanted to make sure I didn't go to the family home with covid.....there is a very strong chance (given her age and health) that if mum gets the flu let alone Covid it would be terrible

Keep The fluids up mate hope all goes well 🙏 👍

BEISHA

Top 20
Thanks Beisha

OMG dude, your description of your symptoms sounds bad enuff, cant imagine what @Dazmac66 went thru having to be hospitalised, i realise that symptoms vary from person to person, some say its just like a flu and done and dusted in 3 days, others say the contrary, so thats the reason why i asked.

Really sad to hear about your dad passing , your Mum with dementia and your sister with mental health, faaaaark, thats FULL ON!!

Your not alone dude, my father in law has dementia and my mother in law at age 85 is still cleaning his excrement, cooking , cleaning a full house , dreadful disease, i gotta whole heap of other family drama as well, but i wont elaborate, could write a MILLS & BOON book series about my families past and present !!

RAT tests are pretty useless if i understand properly, PCR is the way to go from the getko to get a accurate appraisal IMO.

We have alot in common , adversity is my middle name, hang in there and if you need to blow off some steam and have a vent, just PM me, happy to chat.

Take care.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
So the weekly meeting wasn't insightful even though AVZ and Zijin were both there?

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom