AVZ Discussion 2022

Roller62

Regular
The other thing the announcement says needs sorting is Exploration.

So where is the Exploration area?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

wombat74

Top 20
It may not of been you, appears it wasnt, my bad, cant remember who it was though, but it gave me a laugh at the time while others werent so happy with it...anywho
No probs . Yes It definitely was not me . Just goes to show even the best of us can accidently post Fake BS . I would have apologised if it was me but I'm old school . lol

Last edited:

wombat74

Top 20
How does Zijin have anything to do with the ML? They can illegally buy shares but that doesn't effect the ML
Ok sorry that's your comment . Didn't know if you were quoting someone .

Reactions: 1 users

Remark

Top 20
More dodgy Boatman dealings....

Looks like the Chinese are pulling out all the stops with AVZ. Surprised the AFR are so gullible. I suggest everyone should email Tom Richardson from the AFR to point out his stupidity (as I have).

tom.richardson@afr.com

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

LX600

Regular

I have done my bit. -_-

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Remark

Top 20
Reactions: 11 users

LX600

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Remark

Top 20
Submarine and warship repairer Babcock believes it has identified the
anonymous analyst behind a damaging attack on the company.
Babcock, one of the Ministry of Defence’s biggest suppliers, was blindsided in October last year when a previously unknown organisation, Boatman Capital Research, published a highly critical dossier. The report claimed the company had “systematically misled investors by burying bad news about its performance”, and called for the departures of chief executive Archie Bethel and then chairman Mike Turner. The 23-page attack wiped more than 5%, or £130m, from the company’s market value. Babcock published a rebuttal, claiming the report contained “many false and malicious statements”.
The board hired the investigative firm Kroll to trace the author. It is believed to have identified David Robertson, a former journalist at The Times who worked at the corporate intelligence firm K2 and now runs his own company.

The Ministry of Defence has spent £7bn so far on its new class of Dreadnought submarine, which will be armed with
nuclear missiles.

FTSE 100 defence giant BAE Systems is building the
submarines at Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, to replace the Royal Navy’s ageing Vanguard-class vessels, and says they will begin going into service in the early 2030s. Officials revealed that £7bn of a total £41bn budget had so far been spent on the design, assessment and early construction. The four submarines will maintain the navy’s continuous at-sea “deterrent”.

Reactions: 7 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

I'm very new to actually using Twitter, signed up ages ago but never used it. The AFR deleted my comment on the article calling the journalism a joke.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Looks like the Chinese are pulling out all the stops with AVZ. Surprised the AFR are so gullible. I suggest everyone should email Tom Richardson from the AFR to point out his stupidity (as I have).

tom.richardson@afr.com
AFR is not gullible, but plainly lazy.
They arrive in the office, scan the internet and copy and paste whatever they believe will fill 40 pages of crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Remark

Top 20
More from Antimatter on HC...

The short-seller’s identity is unknown, a domain registry search gives no information about the individual that registered the website. However, the website appears to be registered in Panama.

Reactions: 9 users

solo

Regular
I suspect Boatman is SPEC Capital - https://twitter.com/SPECCAPITAL Or the other way around. Definitely run by the same crooks.

1653027683451.png

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

BRICK

Regular

tom.richardson@afr.com
So the Times call them shadowy and the AFR calls them activists making them sound like they are doing a good thing.

Right.....

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Re AFR regurgitating Boatman article. I've emailed AFR threatening to cancel my subscription unless they immediately obtain AVZ side of the story and publish that ASAP. AFR is going downhill. MacroBusiness.com.au is much better value for $. IMO DYOR.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Mickyb64

Regular
Screenshot_20220520-165026_MAGA Hub.jpg

Have a good weekend everyone. What's a couple more days......🍷🍷

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

TheCount

Regular
Time and time again as retail investors we're told to hunt down and look out for "conflicts of interest"...

These past few weeks we've seen some of the most disgusting behaviour from individuals and corporations going to seemingly unethical lengths for .........

MONEY and POWER.

We're just a community of like-minded hopeful investors (and some gamblers) and I have to applaud every one of you here for putting up an almighty fight against the tirade of abuse, lies, mistruths, innuendo, muck raking, belittling bullshit coming from all corners that I raise my AVZ Ale cup to you!. In a show of my appreciation, I'll do it several times tonight.

The next batch will be in honour of all the shit we've endured - it shall be known as the Community United Neipa Trappist style. A collaboration to bring the best of new ideas and those steeped in tradition into the one glass.

It is not clear whom is to blame, but we have our so far unproven suspicions. I know that we are one day closer to getting this resolved so we can ALL benefit when AVZ only has to pick up ore from the surface for the first production run.. That day is in 2023. That day is next year.

Not long now Girls and Boys.

Cheers.
TC.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Mining8

OMG AFR QUOTING BOATMANS REPORT

the naked gun facepalm GIF

View attachment 7145

tom.richardson@afr.com

Interesting the timing of the Boatman Bull Sheet report, on the day we were expected to open. What odds that Boatman are on speed dial with shorters. Also have to wonder about the Australian Financial Review releasing the Boatman crapola also on the same day. :unsure: Are some of their journalists also involved with shorters??? Remember the AFR would reach a wider investor audience which could do more damage to the share price.

And, I have good evidence to back my suspicions. For some background who is Boatman? -A London-based SHORT-FOCUSED HEDGE FUND RESEARCH FIRM. The Boatman Capital founder is short activist David Roberson.

Join the dots!

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Frank

Top 20
Time and time again as retail investors we're told to hunt down and look out for "conflicts of interest"...

These past few weeks we've seen some of the most disgusting behaviour from individuals and corporations going to seemingly unethical lengths for .........

MONEY and POWER.

We're just a community of like-minded hopeful investors (and some gamblers) and I have to applaud every one of you here for putting up an almighty fight against the tirade of abuse, lies, mistruths, innuendo, muck raking, belittling bullshit coming from all corners that I raise my AVZ Ale cup to you!. In a show of my appreciation, I'll do it several times tonight.

The next batch will be in honour of all the shit we've endured - it shall be known as the Community United Neipa Trappist style. A collaboration to bring the best of new ideas and those steeped in tradition into the one glass.

It is not clear whom is to blame, but we have our so far unproven suspicions. I know that we are one day closer to getting this resolved so we can ALL benefit when AVZ only has to pick up ore from the surface for the first production run.. That day is in 2023. That day is next year.

Not long now Girls and Boys.

Cheers.
TC.

The next batch will be in honour of all the shit we've endured - it shall be known as the Community United Neipa Trappist style.
A collaboration to bring the best of new ideas and those steeped in tradition into the one glass.

* I think we should all raise a Glass, maybe honour our little DRC Energizer Bunny ( King Julien ) for all his hard work and commitment to a DRC Pilot Plant and the DRC – Zambia Battery Council by a batch of Home Brew 🍻

Julien Paluku describes project to install a pilot plant in the DRC for precursors of electric batteries in Switzerland

1653036427874.png

The Democratic Republic of Congo was represented by the Minister of Industry Julien Paluku, at the conference on cobalt organized on Tuesday by the firm Cobalt Institute in Zurich, Switzerland.

In his speech to Swiss investors, the Congolese minister presented the ongoing project to install a pilot plant for electric battery precursors in Lubumbashi, in the province of Haut-Katanga.

This is within the framework of the development of a regional value chain for electric vehicles and batteries as well as clean energies.

Julien Paluku, referring to a study conducted by Bloomberg, the Minister of Industry indicated that the DRC remains “the best destination in the world for the industry of electric vehicles and batteries”.

Indeed, the DRC is full of significant reserves of minerals involved in the manufacture of electric vehicles and batteries, including cobalt, lithium, manganese and nickel, said Julien Paluku.

In addition, he took the opportunity to announce that an African Center of Excellence has been set up at the Faculty of Polytechnics of the University of Lubumbashi, in Haut-Katanga with the assistance of Zambia, for the training of a local labor specialized in this type of industry.

His ardent desire is to see this great project boost the economy of the DRC and that of the other African countries concerned by the development strategy of this value chain.

Dubai Expo: Julien Paluku presents the DRC as best destination in the world for electric battery industry thanks to its strategic minerals
1653036882909.png

The Democratic Republic of Congo is represented at EXPO 2020 DUBAI by ten members of the Government and fifty economic operators working in all strategic sectors.

At the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, held on Monday, March 21, Congolese representatives presented on the opportunities offered by the DRC in all areas, and this, in front of Emirati investors, interested in the potentialities abounds the DRC.

In his speech, Julien Paluku, Minister of Industry, presented the DRC as the best destination in the world for the electric battery industry thanks to its strategic minerals.

He specified that the DRC is looking for partners so that it can capture part of 8,000 billion US dollars, which represents the market for batteries and vehicles by 2025-2030.

In addition, Julien finds that an industrial zone and a special economic zone must be installed around the port of Banana which will be built by Dubai Port World, because more than 5,000 containers which will dock must return with goods made in the Congo.

“We need at least 1.9 billion to develop the special economic zones in the DRC.

The deep water port of Banana will require an interconnection with other industrial zones.

We are the first country concerning the material used for the manufacture of electric batteries .

With 39 million USD we can build an electric battery manufacturing plant in the DRC.

We are the ideal destination for business”, he said.

Battery and electric vehicle market: members of the DRC government called upon to play their part as quickly as possible

The Minister of Industry Julien Paluku, during the 53rd meeting of the Council of Ministers, took stock of the significant progress made in the context of the implementation of the recommendations of the DRC Africa Business Forum, especially with regard to the cooperation with States producing electric battery components.

According to him, the signing of the joint declaration by the Heads of State of the DRC and Zambia on April 29, 2022 in Lusaka preceded by the signing of the cooperation agreement between the two countries represented by their ministers in in charge of industry, mining and finance materialize this joint desire to set up a value chain in the production sector of electric batteries and clean energies.

“Thanks to this cooperation, the two countries will be able to truly play their role in setting the price of cobalt on the international market and thus effectively influence both upstream and downstream input and output markets in the battery and car value chain.

Considering the cross-cutting nature of this project, for which the largest producer of batteries in the world has shown their interest, the plea has been made so that each member of the government in his sphere of competence plays his part as quickly as possible in order to allow the Congolese to truly benefit from the mineral resources of their country”, reports the minutes of the meeting held on Friday, May 13, 2022.

Head of State Félix Tshisekedi and his Zambian counterpart Hakainde Hichilema decided at the end of April to harmonize their development policies and strategies vis-à-vis the mining and industrial sector for the success of the market relating to the establishment of a value chain in the electric battery and clean energy sector.

To do this, they have set up a framework called “Battery Council of the Republic of Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC – Zambia Battery Council).

This agreement between the two countries aims for the joint exploitation of strategic minerals including lithium and cobalt, essential for the manufacture of batteries for electric cars.

It goes without saying that this new vision is part of a development partnership between the two countries.

JULIEN PALUKU.png

King-Julien.jpg

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Frank

Top 20
*Fyi, fwiw, To add to my previous post,

Too much high level, country-building and DRC world-building stuff happening now to give the Zijin much airspace.

Felix knows that if he can pull off full vertical integration for EV batteries, the DRC will never look back.

This is his country's generational moment.

It would be inconceivable if Felix didn't bat down anything (illegal) that would hamper something this significant. Genuine progress is being made here, and tbh, reasonably quickly.

Telephone meetings in Feb have turned into in-person meetings with CATL in May. Felix is entering the world stage atm, and I believe he and his ministers are smart enough no know the West is watching, via credit rating boosts, etc. IMO, the recent CATL meeting is the tell; it indicates (to me) the delicate balance of percentages are being taking care of.

I might be dead wrong, but I cannot see how Felix would get his battery hub with mucking around with ownership percentages this late in the game. CATL is Chinese, but they're notable leaders on the world stage and integral to Tesla's success (and other multi-billion dollar companies).

Perhaps, in Felix's mind, vertical integration for his country IS the basic issue and everything else is back-burner.

If this is the case, I would assume continued bullish tone from Nigel.

Let's remember, it all started here, and branched out very rapidly from Dec2021 onwards.

"Study by BloombergNEF (BNEF) on a unified African supply chain estimates that it would cost $39 million to build a 10,000 metric-ton cathode precursor plant in the DRC.

This is three times cheaper than what a similar plant in the U.S. would cost."

*recent dates first,
  • CATL has an in-person w/ minister of industry re: battery pilot plant - May 15
  • 545m African Dev Bank debt funding package - March27
  • UN establishing consultants to establish battery precursor plant in Katanga - March 28
  • Feliz jumps on a call with CATL - Feb 12
  • DR Congo and Dubai Port world to invest in deep water port - Jan31
  • DRC minister of finance announces jump in credit rating - Jan30
  • Felix meets with US Dep Security Advisor - Jan 28
  • Felix talks with his PM, mining minister and government delegates focus on Li projects in Katanga - Jan22
  • Felix tells his ministers to get busy with manufacturing EV batteries in DRC with 3 month window - Dec19
If any of you fools think Felix is going to put up with "snacks," you're misguided.

staypuff​

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank :cool:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Samus

Top 20
*Fyi, fwiw, To add to my previous post,

Too much high level, country-building and DRC world-building stuff happening now to give the Zijin much airspace.

Felix knows that if he can pull off full vertical integration for EV batteries, the DRC will never look back.

This is his country's generational moment.

It would be inconceivable if Felix didn't bat down anything (illegal) that would hamper something this significant. Genuine progress is being made here, and tbh, reasonably quickly.

Telephone meetings in Feb have turned into in-person meetings with CATL in May. Felix is entering the world stage atm, and I believe he and his ministers are smart enough no know the West is watching, via credit rating boosts, etc. IMO, the recent CATL meeting is the tell; it indicates (to me) the delicate balance of percentages are being taking care of.

I might be dead wrong, but I cannot see how Felix would get his battery hub with mucking around with ownership percentages this late in the game. CATL is Chinese, but they're notable leaders on the world stage and integral to Tesla's success (and other multi-billion dollar companies).

Perhaps, in Felix's mind, vertical integration for his country IS the basic issue and everything else is back-burner.

If this is the case, I would assume continued bullish tone from Nigel.

Let's remember, it all started here, and branched out very rapidly from Dec2021 onwards.

"Study by BloombergNEF (BNEF) on a unified African supply chain estimates that it would cost $39 million to build a 10,000 metric-ton cathode precursor plant in the DRC.

This is three times cheaper than what a similar plant in the U.S. would cost."

*recent dates first,
  • CATL has an in-person w/ minister of industry re: battery pilot plant - May 15
  • 545m African Dev Bank debt funding package - March27
  • UN establishing consultants to establish battery precursor plant in Katanga - March 28
  • Feliz jumps on a call with CATL - Feb 12
  • DR Congo and Dubai Port world to invest in deep water port - Jan31
  • DRC minister of finance announces jump in credit rating - Jan30
  • Felix meets with US Dep Security Advisor - Jan 28
  • Felix talks with his PM, mining minister and government delegates focus on Li projects in Katanga - Jan22
  • Felix tells his ministers to get busy with manufacturing EV batteries in DRC with 3 month window - Dec19
If any of you fools think Felix is going to put up with "snacks," you're misguided.

staypuff

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank :cool:
20220517_211120.jpg

😲

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom