AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
I sure would have liked to have known about the Dathomir case, the 50 million dollar fine, and Graeme Johnston's 3 year prison sentencing from AVZ a hell of a lot earlier. Prior to suspension, and without being forced to disclose by circumstances.

I'd also like some comms regarding the power plant.
I'm wondering at what point AVZ management actually knew, sounds like this potentially all happened without their knowledge during covid times.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Did I miss who's responsible for issuing the share certificates the DRC?
:unsure:
Cami JFMK?

FMD...
Papalas Musagi Wabulasa

He is a clerk at the RCCM (DRC company register) office who created the certificate at Dathcom's (Represented by Graeme Johnston) request using the share transfer instruments held by AVZ's DRC lawyers that were no doubt done when the SPA's were created

He got 12 months hard time in the original judgement but that was overturned on appeal as the appeal judge found that his conviction was not established 'in fact as in law'

20231102_164317.png

20231102_164353.png

20231102_165157.jpg

20231102_165131.jpg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Rediah

Regular
Hmmmm from Earth they say…..

Nice try, Aliens !!!!!

4DED3359-75CA-411D-B714-A5B0FBBF8E5F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

wombat74

Top 20
I sure would have liked to have known about the Dathomir case, the 50 million dollar fine, and Graeme Johnston's 3 year prison sentencing from AVZ a hell of a lot earlier. Prior to suspension, and without being forced to disclose by circumstances.

I'd also like some comms regarding the work supposedly being done by others at the power plant.
I'm surprised it hadn't leaked somehow . Even without AVZ informing SH .

Reactions: 3 users

Hudnut

Regular
I'm wondering at what point AVZ management actually knew, sounds like this potentially all happened without their knowledge during covid times.

I can't see how a DRC court would expect to collect a multi million dollar fine from AVZ without telling them about it.

Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
My thoughts as well . How does that info not leak one way or the other ?

Reactions: 1 users

Samus

Top 20
I can't see how a DRC court would expect to collect a multi million dollar fine from AVZ without telling them about it.
Announcement says:

Screenshot_20231102_171049_Dropbox.jpg

My thoughts as well . How does that info not leak one way or the other ?
AVZ management knew immediately. Appeal was lodged 7 days after original judgement.
20231102_164435.png

20231102_171522.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Hudnut

Regular

Yes, that's the hearing itself and handing down a judgement. I get that.
Once that's been done, you need to tell the person you've tried in absentia that you reckon they owe you money if you want to collect it, yes?

Samus

Top 20
Yes, that's the hearing itself and handing down a judgement. I get that.
Once that's been done, you need to tell the person you've tried in absentia that you reckon they owe you money if you want to collect it, yes?
I was asking at what point AVZ knew, Carlos has clarified that.
So really yes they did withhold this information from shareholders, that was the angle really.
First I remember of it was the article in geopolis magazine or whatever that dodgy publication is.

Hudnut

Regular
AVZ management knew immediately. Appeal was lodged 3 days after original judgement.
View attachment 48612
View attachment 48613

And if AVZ has told us this when they knew, then SHs would have had an inkling that not all was necessarily as rosy and straightforward as winking, champagne on ice Nige would have us believe. Months before our cash was tied up in suspension.
So while they may or may not be doing a good job with the current corruption clusterduck, no-one can tell me they've done a wonderful job keeping shareholders abreast of relevant information they need to manage their investment.

I might have place more weight on scuttlebutt just prior to suspension if I'd known this, and avoided this crap.
A far as I'm concerned, any good work the BoD does to recover this just gets them back to even. Not worth bonuses.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Spikerama

Regular
Sorry I quoted you out of context...

"Now let's hop over to how AVZ do it, which is basically me copying and pasting from the above paragraph. Verbose, boring, mumbo jumbo. Basically a big TLDR every time. And yes, yes ,yes, I do get it. They need to do things this way as a requirement to shareholders but they could've also added to these releases and take a leaf out of the most basic advertising principles manual which is have a personality and keep it simple because most people don't have the bandwidth to do their own shit in the daily let alone digest reams of verbose, boring, mumbo jumbo. Especially when it looks like it has the personality of a dial tone.

I've offered to help Nigel before, via proxy and never heard a sniff back so I don't know how to solve it but what I do know is if I was an uninitiated Shareholder, who's not across the entire saga and I was trying to make sense of why I can't access my money and I get the choice of "apparently" clear, concise, visually appealing solution on a way forward > up against multi-paged A4 announcements which seems too much to understand, with no brand or personality and a bunch of potty mouthed, ALL CAPS twitter warriors seemingly aligning with them... I know which side I identify with."

Another point apart from the obvious - should Nigel be accepting advertising / marketing advice from a random person on Social Media? I sincerely hope not.

Do you think that a simple "advertising campaign" (visually appealing solution as you put it) could explain the complex matters that the BOD are dealing with? Sometimes simplicity isn't the answer.

"If you look at MMGA and how they have presented their argument they have done a very good at coming across as professional and well reasoned despite what we informed shareholders know about them. Their website is slick."

I've never thought that the MMGA website was at all slick. It looked like a cheaply put together off the shelf type setup. They even cloned Donald Trump's catchphrase. Not impressive at all.

Differences in opinion are what makes the world interesting.

Another point apart from the obvious - should Nigel be accepting advertising / marketing advice from a random person on Social Media? I sincerely hope not.

Of course I don't think that. All relationships for any company need to be vetted with proper due diligence to ensure the right fit and obviously with sensitive material this is even more paramount. But it all starts with making contact. If someone is offering pro-bono work surely you would investigate. (obviously larger issues on the mind but here we are)

Do you think that a simple "advertising campaign" (visually appealing solution as you put it) could explain the complex matters that the BOD are dealing with? Sometimes simplicity isn't the answer.

You are confusing advertising campaigns with Brand.
Campaigns are temporary solutions and are often very short lived whereas a brand is built over time. Campaigns are selling a promise whereas brand is selling a feeling.

I've never thought that the MMGA website was at all slick. It looked like a cheaply put together off the shelf type setup. They even cloned Donald Trump's catchphrase. Not impressive at all.

I agree, it's very cookie cutter kind of stuff and the tagline is an unfortunate call back to a recalcitrant loser and worrying era. But to the less discerning eye it does the trick effectively and easy to breeze through.

Yes and this morning you had the opinion that it would be a great idea to turn CCK into a tranny and post it on social media.

Yay "opinions". Nailed it.

• Haha

Remark

Top 20

Of course I don't think that. All relationships for any company need to be vetted with proper due diligence to ensure the right fit and obviously with sensitive material this is even more paramount. But it all starts with making contact. If someone is offering pro-bono work surely you would investigate. (obviously larger issues on the mind but here we are)

You are confusing advertising campaigns with Brand.
Campaigns are temporary solutions and are often very short lived whereas a brand is built over time. Campaigns are selling a promise whereas brand is selling a feeling.

I agree, it's very cookie cutter kind of stuff and the tagline is an unfortunate call back to a recalcitrant loser and worrying era. But to the less discerning eye it does the trick effectively and easy to breeze through.

Yes and this morning you had the opinion that it would be a great idea to turn CCK into a tranny and post it on social media.

Yay "opinions". Nailed it.
I take offence to the term "tranny" - I think the correct term is "cross dresser" - not very inclusive of you there Bud!

Anyway, it's pointless having a discussion with a person that is always right.

• Fire
I was asking at what point AVZ knew, Carlos has clarified that.
So really yes they did withhold this information from shareholders, that was the angle really.
The information was spurious and without merit. Sensu stricto.

As long as AVZ win at the ICC or get Cong to admit the creation of the share certificate was valid they didn't need to disclose the judgement as the proceedings were heard on a false pretence stemming from a misunderstanding or more likely blatant ignoring of the dispute resolution terms outlined in Article 11.1 of the Dathcom JVA imo

20230716_101827.jpg

20230716_105049.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Hudnut

Regular
The information was spurious and without merit. Sensu stricto.

Except we are currently looking at negotiating a settlement to expedite clearing it up so we can get out of suspension and maybe get an ML.
Nige can claim "spurious and without merit" on as many things as he likes. It doesn't mean it doesn't have a material impact on SHs.

An adverse finding on litigation from a court in the country we are operating in, is still worthy of disclosure regardless of how spurious or meritorious it is.

Reactions: 5 users

Spikerama

Regular
I take offence to the term "tranny" - I think the correct term is "cross dresser" - not very inclusive of you there Bud!

Anyway, it's pointless having a discussion with a person that is always right.

No the correct term is transvestite because... as if the idea wasn't bad enough, you used the Minister of Portfolio's body.

Which means he had a vagina.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Except we are currently looking at negotiating a settlement to expedite clearing it up so we can get out of suspension and maybe get an ML.
Nige can claim "spurious and without merit" on as many things as he likes. It doesn't mean it doesn't have a material impact on SHs.

An adverse finding on litigation from a court in the country we are operating in, is still worthy of disclosure regardless of how spurious or meritorious it is.
Yeah a settlement based on Cong admitting the certificate was valid and all of his criminal claims were bullshit

It's a ridiculously tight rope that AVZ management are walking with this one but they are legally correct in not disclosing as long as they win at the ICC or settle with Cong. Don't forget the ministerial decree awarding the ML for the south was done 4 months after this judgement. These proceedings are not the reason we went into suspension imo

Saying that I would have disclosed it with an immediate ICC arbitration claim against Dathomir and proper explanation to the market if I were them as trust with shareholders is more important than being technically legally right

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Remark

Top 20
The big question is who put sand in yours.

• Haha

Dazmac66

Regular
Thought Bubble: How the hell can the Yanks standby and watch the Chinese steal one of the largest, purist lithium deposits on the face of this earth(from one of its closest allies) and then carry on with this trillion dollar IRA in an attempt to overcome China's dominance of strategic metals and REE. Not to mention the Australian governments wall of silence! Something doesn't add up. AVZ, after nearly 2 years, are obviously on their own in fending off the parasites. I am not suggesting the CATH deal be questioned in any way but could the supply agreement with CATH be the reason we have been shunned by the US and indeed our own government.
The silence is baffling!!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

wombat74

Top 20
MB very quiet of late .

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom