AVZ Discussion 2022

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Realistically, what's % of votes do you reckon Fat Tail will get. I'm thinking a 40-60 split if those that voted in favour of No

I'm guessing they get 2.5% / 80 odd mil automatically from Bellamel -> Norton -> Zijin. I wonder if they removed that contact from the courtesy ring around, would be a hilarious conversation between the AVZ call center rep and the Bellamel receptionist.

Reactions: 3 users

JAG

Top 20
If anyone would like to order one send me a message and I will provide the details 🤣
05348341-3E92-4D00-ABAB-C7D6A4880E00.jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
I'm guessing they get 2.5% / 80 odd mil automatically from Bellamel -> Norton -> Zijin. I wonder if they removed that contact from the courtesy ring around, would be a hilarious conversation between the AVZ call center rep and the Bellamel receptionist.
Bellamel sold before suspension. That top 20 I posted yesterday was from 2021.
20230720_231953.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

marksmann007

Regular
I've never really seen a big deal about the share holders getting emails from MMGA. Anyone not engaged enough to care probably doesn't have a meaningful number of votes. My friends who own AVZ after hearing about it from me all own sub 10k shares and wouldn't know your Zijin from your Green Lady.

I'd say TSE alone would outvote the sum total of those reached by email/post.
I was thinking along the same lines.
Investors who don’t actively follow the going’s on of a company probably don’t usually bother to cast a vote anyway.

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Bellamel sold before suspension. That top 20 I posted yesterday was from 2021.
View attachment 48172

In that case I hope the door hit them in the arse on the way out. I bet they wish they had those votes now though, surprised they haven't done a dodgy deal with Cominiere to get them back for 10% of what they were worth.

antimatter

Regular
I assume that if Shareholders do not vote, their holding will be counted as abstain? Can anyone confirm?

BRICK

Regular
Hi @JAG Please Put me down for 2 x the first one with the pineapple scull!

Thankyou

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Thaz

Regular
Voted last night.

Starship Troopers GIF

1698363209729.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users
In that case I hope the door hit them in the arse on the way out
When did Zijin first disclose to the market any of their actions taken in regard to their purported acquisition of 15% of Dathcom from Cominiere?

A purported acquisition they have now given up on which caused AVZ stock to lose value before being forced into suspension

When did Bellamel sell?

20231027_103306.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I assume that if Shareholders do not vote, their holding will be counted as abstain? Can anyone confirm?
Not correct. To register an Abstain you need to vote, and tick abstain.

If you don't do anything, you have done nothing

Reactions: 15 users

Bonsoir

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Oops, reposting in correct thread.

"The sole arbitrator will determine a procedural timetable in the coming weeks, with the company providing an update."

What exactly is a procedural timetable in this setting. Are we likely to hear anything definitive after the 90 minute hearing? It is two weeks since the hearing took place, can't be far off hearing some news.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
Oops, reposting in correct thread.

"The sole arbitrator will determine a procedural timetable in the coming weeks, with the company providing an update."

What exactly is a procedural timetable in this setting. Are we likely to hear anything definitive after the 90 minute hearing? It is two weeks since the hearing took place, can't be far off hearing some news.
@9cardomaha reckons we should have an answer on the jurisdictional challenge first week of November. Could be sooner or later tho. That's if Zijin haven't already withdrawn due to no longer claiming to have the 15% and therefore not needing to be recognised in Dathcom lol

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
@9cardomaha reckons we should have an answer on the jurisdictional challenge first week of November. Could be sooner or later tho. That's if Zijin haven't already withdrawn due to no longer claiming to have the 15% and therefore not needing to be recognised in Dathcom lol

I bet they haven't withdrawn, cos they know this 15575 partition is contestable BS

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

SilentOne

Regular
HI Team - I found this article - Oh by the way, "The West Australian" Newpaper Reporter apparently attended proceedings in Perth yesterday.

The below article is from a couple of years ago.
1698364310910.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I can tell you snail mail from Australia to NZ is pathetically slow. I still haven't received my green toilet paper, and I'm dying for a crap

Perhaps I'll never get it, in which case I'll print out their email and use that instead
The cheap skates probably sent it by surface mail.
Soooo probably still on the boat and then it still has to be unloaded on your side before NZ Post can do its magic with it.

I bet they haven't withdrawn, cos they know this 15575 partition is contestable BS
I'll take that bet. They know they are going to lose and will try to save face. They have a far better chance of getting the north than being recognised in Dathcom hence their offer to Cominiere a year ago imo

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I'll take that bet. They know they are going to lose and will try to save face. They have a far better chance of getting the north than being recognised in Dathcom hence their offer to Cominiere a year ago imo
I hear you, but the ICC will put the fault on COMINIERE surely, so thats the face saver IMO. (and it continues the 'anything to delay' mantra)

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Dom1974

Regular
Ok, apart from the 3 fuckwits we don’t want on the board how did you pick and choose who to vote for ?
Do you know some of them or amount of stock held ?
Interested in your reasoning or just some dart chucking..lol
IMO of course. Vote for what the AVZ Board has recommended 1, 18-22. That's what the green card recommends.

By voting for nominees 3 to 8, if 2 of these nominees get enough votes, they will be voted in and the MMGA muppets miss out as they are further down the list. Deboss has backed nominees 3 and 5. He's been around for a while and would back his judgement. They both hold collectively over 33m shares.

Let's get the Hadleys in and automatically knock out the MMGA muppets.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I hear you, but the ICC will put the fault on COMINIERE surely, so thats the face saver IMO. (and it continues the 'anything to delay' mantra)
Yes in the case brought by AVZ against Cominiere. Zijin have nothing to do with that case if they withdraw from the case they brought or AVZ's jurisdictional challenge is successful. China playbook 101 is delay through lawfare with an off ramp if the case has no hope just like the tariffs against Australia at the WTO imo

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom