AVZ Discussion 2022

kron

Regular
We REALLY need that power station. If we don't have that it's take over IMO. A long way to cart diesel.

Reactions: 2 users

Misfits

Regular
A cheap TO of RD incoming (at some point ) IMO . $1.50 - $2
Pretty sure quite a few would take the $2 , if offered and run.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Yeah get us out of here for a reasonable offer Nigel - DRC is an absolute hell hole

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Thaz

Regular

At this stage - i'd take it. I need the money to buy a house.

Reactions: 12 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
i'd take $2 for sure

Reactions: 11 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
I've got my first baby due in March 2024 and mrs really doesn't understand why our capital tied up in this bullshit

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 25 users

Roon

Regular
Might be a hard sell though for zijin to turn around and pay 4-5b USD for the southern tenement area whilst paying DRC absolute peanuts for the Northern exploration zone.

Sure its proven up but still, that would raise some embarrassing questions over corruption. I guess there could be other potential buyers like CMOC or something. Or Zijin could just continue to play their underhand games with Cominiere and try seize the lot, ICC and ICSID be damned

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Azzler

Top 20
So this would appear to have us back where we were prior to the TH and suspension, but in a slightly worse position - with more of the Northern tenement split off, and Zijin publicly proclaiming their hold over both it and the Power Plant.

Interesting that the AVZ press release was indicating that we cannot agree to the proposals put forward by MMGA - which include the split of the Northern tenement. Yet it seems to have happened regardless, and backed by the DRC government. So have we been actually pushed put entirely? Surely not you'd think, especially with ICSID waiting in the wings. But why then did AVZ say we'd rejected the plans considered, which would shave off a large portion of our legal rights? This has clearly just happened anyway, with or without our agreement.

Again, some clarity is required here. Surely there must be an explanatory announcement soon. I do still think it most likely that we've agreed to the split, or will have to, and I kind of hope that we have, because otherwise it sounds like the ICSID path is what's left. Let's see what this MoU is about, if ever coming to fruition. Will the remaining licence for southern 13359 held by Cominiere revert to us? They wouldn't want that, and CKK has been saying were out, but maybe that will be the government's take it or leave it offer - should we drop the ICC cases. But then what happens to Cominiere and Dathomir? They're not going to disappear quietly.

I can't help but thinking that our opponents are running rings around us....
It doesn't sound like they've agreed to it.
I don't have the link but a few weeks ago I saw a screenshot of someone in the DRC talking to Graeme on Linkedin, stating that the tenament had been split and ZIjin got the bigger piece.
And Graeme responded that it wasn't correct because that would be against the mining code.
So not sounding like it's something they're in on.

The timing of this isn't a cooincidence, neither is Fat Tail visiting DRC.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

tonster66

Regular
Might be a hard sell though for zijin to turn around and pay 4-5b USD for the southern tenement area whilst paying DRC absolute peanuts for the Northern exploration zone.

Sure its proven up but still, that would raise some embarrassing questions over corruption. I guess there could be other potential buyers like CMOC or something. Or Zijin could just continue to play their underhand games with Cominiere and try seize the lot, ICC and ICSID be damned
Agree, but RD will have an ML, CDL has to go through the process of favourable opinions. Remember there are 3.5 billion shares on issue

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Azzler

Top 20
Yeah get us out of here for a reasonable offer Nigel - DRC is an absolute hell hole
Is there anyone left at this stage that wants to stay and go mining?
Or stay and try to realise a higher value?

I'm certainly ready to leave and never invest in DRC again.
I'll take whatever the fuck we can get at this stage.

I don't want to think about it anymore, I don't want to read about it every day.
SO FUCKING DONE!
(sorry, had to get it out)

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 38 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
This is all just more smoke and mirrors. Suggest stay calm and have faith in the processes the real BOD are working through, not what the fake BOD, Cominiere or Zijin are spinning.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Thaz

Regular
I've got my first baby due in March 2024 and mrs really doesn't understand why our capital tied up in this bullshit

Congrats! Enjoy the time with your new bub!

I know it's a bit stressful reading about and keeping up to date with the corrupt dealings with AVZ, but take care of yourselves and enjoy your time with your baby.

It was one of the happiest moments of my life, and everything goes by really fast. Shit that happens with AVZ shouldn't take away from that.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Bray

Regular
I’d take 50c at this stage so fucking over it. DRC is a moral shithole cuntry

Reactions: 6 users

Panther22

Regular
Seems like Felix has lost control. china flexing its muscle, this is not good. Who is going to stand up to china? They are telling everyone to get stuffed and doing what they please
That's what China do. Have a look at the Spratley Islands ruling in 2016. Rulings totally against China but they say we don't accept ruling. They have since reclaimed the reefs into islands with airstrips. There has been no follow up from the World Court or the Permanent Court of Arbitration.

Zijin need to be evicted from the Power Station immediately otherwise they will just claim it and impossible to remove them.

This Shit Show is just going from bad to worse. One minute there is a bit of confidence about a resolution, then next we are going backwards. China bastards are not going to walk away, abide by any Court or Arbitration decisions if it doesn't go in their favor. They just ignore them.

The DRC have shown to be weak, corrupt, lacks leadership and hopelessly tied to China. No doubt MMGA are puppets for Zijin/China.

Just booked my flight to Perth for AGM. l never go to AGM's or rarely even vote except to vote against Directors getting Bonuses and gifted shares when SP has taken a fall. Happy to vote For when the job is done, not before.

I am angry. So much of my day is spent catching up here on what is going on. Thank you to the wonderful contributors who spend hours researching and reporting on TSE keeping us informed of this complex situation but China will not go away, they will find stalling tactics every inch of the way.

I fear for my investment, 3+ million shares. I think the BOD have done their best coming up against corruption, ignored rulings, treacherous former employees and decisions by Ministers that ignore DRC Law but the Chinese are not going to let go no matter who or how they have to pay off decision makers.

When you have 2 corrupt Countries willing to play brown paper bag game for greed or to get what you want then you have no one with a conscience.

Just refer to 2019 70th Anniversary of CCP speech by Xi Jinping. He said by the 100th Anniversary China would be the leading Country in the World that decide and control all things. Lithium is just one vital resource they want to control and what better way than have the largest hard rock mine and control who gets batteries. I bet there are other threads on TSE about other minerals/resources that are fighting against Chinese theft and skullduggery just as we are.

Sorry for the rant. This morning just got to me.
See some of you on the 23rd.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users
They've said the PROJECT, so that should be 15775 which is open to dispute. So they fucking well know its bullshit how they've done this and have opened themselves to more legal action from us.... They are also aware that the foundation of all of this is the 100% return of 13359 to Cominiere which is being fought at ICSID so it could all be winded back.

Waiting for DRC morning to see if we can get a copy and add it to my file for ICSID, clear fucking violations top to bottom.
3 scenarios from here imo

1. Nigel has cut a deal of some description through the MoU that Felix will somehow (most likely a presidential order) overrule the MoM or compel her to act to overturn current shitfuckery

2. Nigel has cut a deal to give Zijin the north but it had to be Cominiere transferring the north to them first due to BoD having evidence of corruption before the south is given back to us with ML approved as part of the ICSID and ICC settlements

3. The MoU is a smokescreen and we have to go the distance at the ICSID to either get our rights restored or a pay day

My bet is scenario 2

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

BRICK

Regular
Is there anyone left at this stage that wants to stay and go mining?
Or stay and try to realise a higher value?

I'm certainly ready to leave and never invest in DRC again.
I'll take whatever the fuck we can get at this stage.

I don't want to think about it anymore, I don't want to read about it every day.
SO FUCKING DONE!
(sorry, had to get it out)

I had a dream....

Fortescue_receives_massive_prototype_battery_system_designed_for_electric_mining_haul_truck.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

LOCKY82

Regular
This is a fucking horror show man wtf!

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
If Zijin really is behind MMGA, then what possible deal can MMGA do if they get on the Board now that Zijin are saying they already have the north? The final paragraph in the Zijin announcement is crucial. Zijin are fucking with shareholders heads here.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Charbella

Regular
3 scenarios from here imo

1. Nigel has cut a deal of some description through the MoU that Felix will somehow (most likely a presidential order) overrule the MoM or compel her to act to overturn current shitfuckery

2. Nigel has cut a deal to give Zijin the north but it had to be Cominiere transferring the north to them first due to BoD having evidence of corruption before the south is given back to us with ML approved as part of the ICSID and ICC settlements

3. The MoU is a smokescreen and we have to go the distance at the ICSID to either get our rights restored or a pay day

My bet is scenario 2
Based on the announcement yesterday, option 2 is a no deal for AVZ.

If the Fat Tail Nominees are elected to the Board, it is understood the Fat Tail Nominees will seek to
procure the Company undertake the following:
• selling the northern portion to Zijin: splitting the Company’s project tenement (ie PR13359) in
two and selling the northern portion to Zijin Mining Limited (Zijin);

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom