AVZ Discussion 2022

Thaz

Regular
i've just sent an email to AVZ for some commentary on the latest developments.

I doubt i'll hear anything - but lets see.

Reactions: 18 users

9cardomaha

Regular
ICC be damned because part of the deal is Zijin withdrawing their claim on 15% of Dathcom and using the 33.4m to pay Cominiere for the north. Unless they are trying to get that 15% for free now. This was the exact terms of the original offer by Zijin.

'According to the joint venture agreement signed by Jinxiang Lithium and COMINIERE, after the Project Company acquires the exploration rights numbered PR15775, COMINIERE agrees to directly deduct the purchase price of USD 33.44 million for the 15% equity in Dathcom from the amount payable by Jinxiang Lithium to obtain a 61% equity interest in the Project Company.'
So they want a refund on the 15% from Dathcom and then use it to get 61% of 125 carres?

Menstrual cycle of the jade pony right there.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

llhtom

Regular
Seems like Felix has lost control. china flexing its muscle, this is not good
Felix never had control to begin with. He hasn't done anything for the past 18 months apart from travelling around promoting his corrupt country. My bet is he is in it as well for turning a blind eyes. I find it hard to believe a president is not aware of the significance of this project to its country.

Frankly, its disappointing but you can't do anything at this stage. So much for the MOU negotiation which doesn't resolve anything apart from just talk.

Isn't the transfer etc in breach of ICC emergency judgement?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
And then there is the ICC arbitration outcome...
Fun fact Zijin brought the ICC case and can drop it anytime they want. And the MoU deal will lead to the dropping of all litigation against the DRC and its controlled entities so that means no Cominiere ICC case. Relevant disputes refers to control of Mpiana Mwanga imo

'According to the joint venture agreement signed by Jinxiang Lithium and COMINIERE, after the Project Company acquires the exploration rights numbered PR15775, COMINIERE agrees to directly deduct the purchase price of USD 33.44 million for the 15% equity in Dathcom from the amount payable by Jinxiang Lithium to obtain a 61% equity interest in the Project Company.'

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
It's all in breach of ICC order (they've probably realised they have lost that case and don't care)

Reactions: 8 users

cruiser51

Top 20
180 days x 50,000 Euros X 1.65 =~ AUD$ 15 million and the clock is ticking.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

9cardomaha

Regular
what did they pay for the 61%?

33.4M+ 70M(to an NGO), and thats it?

I also think ZJ are about to withdraw ICC. The way they've worded this return (albeit chatgpt translation) its like they were never in Dathcom - ah just gave Cominiere 33.4mil to hold, now want to cash in the credits. Who or what is dathcom?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

wombat74

Top 20
ICC be damned because part of the deal is Zijin withdrawing their claim on 15% of Dathcom and using the 33.4m to pay Cominiere for the north. Unless they are trying to get that 15% for free now. This was the exact terms of the original offer by Zijin.

Zijin gets CDL for peanuts and controls the Power Station . AVZ keeps RD . Zijin makes an offer for RD . AVZ Bye Bye

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So they want a refund on the 15% from Dathcom and then use it to get 61% of 125 carres?

Menstrual cycle of the jade pony right there.
New decree imminent imo
20231024_105544.jpg

• Thinking

cruiser51

Top 20
And.....
As Comiere just sold more than 50% of 13359 illegally from underneath us, Dathomir parcel is immediately devalued by over 50%
Sooo, we can claim a refund from kunty Cong of more than 50%. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

robface

Regular
I've been saying all year that Cominiere signed that offer from Zijin. Looks like it's been completed. The DRC government would have faced arbitration from them too if Felix didn't give them the north. I can't think of anything else 'significant' that Nigel could have given away. Although the deal probs includes Cong being paid by the Chinese and us getting Cominiere's 15% so we are left with 66% of RD imo
So Avz 66, Cath 24, DRC 10
ML awarded
Agrees to drop all future litigation
Funding afdb,Cath

Lost CDL and hydro plant.

??

Dazmac66

Regular
Following a judgment by the Congolese (Kinshasa) judicial authorities and approval from government agencies,

"Congolese (Kinshasa) judicial authorities " is this the authority that has no jurisdictional rights to make this decision?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Remark

Top 20
I'm as optimistic as the next guy but I fear that this will be the nail in the coffin for AVZ. Even if we end up with the ML for RD the Chinese will never let AVZ operate without interference.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

9cardomaha

Regular
Fun fact Zijin brought the ICC case and can drop it anytime they want. And the MoU deal will lead to the dropping of all litigation against the DRC and its controlled entities so that means no Cominiere ICC case. Relevant disputes refers to control of Mpiana Mwanga imo
They've said the PROJECT, so that should be 15775 which is open to dispute. So they fucking well know its bullshit how they've done this and have opened themselves to more legal action from us.... They are also aware that the foundation of all of this is the 100% return of 13359 to Cominiere which is being fought at ICSID so it could all be winded back.

New decree imminent imo
View attachment 47903
Waiting for DRC morning to see if we can get a copy and add it to my file for ICSID, clear fucking violations top to bottom.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

BRICK

Regular
Seems like Felix has lost control. china flexing its muscle, this is not good. Who is going to stand up to china? They are telling everyone to get stuffed and doing what they please
This reminds me of that series from nearly 10 years ago called Mr Robot where China annexed DRC.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

wombat74

Top 20
I'm as optimistic as the next guy but I fear that this will be the nail in the coffin for AVZ. Even if we end up with the ML for RD the Chinese will never let AVZ operate without interference.
A cheap TO of RD incoming (at some point ) IMO . $1.50 - $2

• Thinking
  • Haha
  • Sad

John25

Regular
Thats probably why our Fearless leader is going to China …too sort this shit out
1F38FD9E-2BB9-4851-B62F-052EC4D04104.png
1698106425941.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Roon

Regular
So this would appear to have us back where we were prior to the TH and suspension, but in a slightly worse position - with more of the Northern tenement split off, and Zijin publicly proclaiming their hold over both it and the Power Plant.

Interesting that the AVZ press release was indicating that we cannot agree to the proposals put forward by MMGA - which include the split of the Northern tenement. Yet it seems to have happened regardless, and backed by the DRC government. So have we been actually pushed put entirely? Surely not you'd think, especially with ICSID waiting in the wings. But why then did AVZ say we'd rejected the plans considered, which would shave off a large portion of our legal rights? This has clearly just happened anyway, with or without our agreement.

Again, some clarity is required here. Surely there must be an explanatory announcement soon. I do still think it most likely that we've agreed to the split, or will have to, and I kind of hope that we have, because otherwise it sounds like the ICSID path is what's left. Let's see what this MoU is about, if ever coming to fruition. Will the remaining licence for southern 13359 held by Cominiere revert to us? They wouldn't want that, and CKK has been saying were out, but maybe that will be the government's take it or leave it offer - should we drop the ICC cases. But then what happens to Cominiere and Dathomir? They're not going to disappear quietly.

I can't help but thinking that our opponents are running rings around us....

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

BRICK

Regular
I dont trust anything right now.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom