AVZ Discussion 2022

I think it’s in DRC Mining Code
No the mining code says the applicant which is Dathcom. It is the Dathcom JV that AVZ cite in the ministerial decree announcement about Cominiere needing to cede the 10% but it doesn't specify an Article.

The only article I have been able to find in all of the Dathcom JV that in any way mentions this matter is Article 5.1 (i)

Reactions: 8 users
No the mining code says the applicant which is Dathcom. It is the Dathcom JV that AVZ cite in the ministerial decree announcement about Cominiere needing to cede the 10% but it doesn't specify an Article.

The only article I have been able to find in all of the Dathcom JV that in any way mentions this matter is Article 5.1 (i)
The reason it was written this way and didn't specify exactly what amount Cominiere need to cede was just in case the DRC government changed the amount that applicants need to cede in the mining code imo

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20

DRC: "Any public official, political or administrative, is an agent of the business climate", recalls Félix Tshisekedi​

Published on Wed, 07/06/2023 - 10:30

20230607104221644532_6c0da3e03f34bbd34b843b8071171e9c.jpg

President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi during the presentation of the report of the National Business Climate Barometer on 06/06/2023.

DRC Presidency

President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi pointed out that any public official of the State, political or administrative, has an important role to play as agents of the business climate. He said this during the presentation of the report of the National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA) on June 6 in Kinshasa.

"I tell you clearly: any public official of the State, political or administrative, and at whatever level his action takes place, must be aware that he is an agent of the business climate, constantly called upon to implement the values of the principles of public service and administration. Public service in general must remain noble, qualitative and free from vice,” said Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi.

The survey of the National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA), covering four hundred and three companies in thirteen sectors of the national economy, attributed to the Democratic Republic of Congo a satisfaction rate of 37% in this sector.

“This report shows that the business climate in the DRC is improving. At this stage, the BNCA gives him a satisfaction score of 37%. This survey, which took place from January 24 to March 27, 2023, covered 403 companies in 13 sectors of the national economy, a rate of achievement never reached before”, declared the Head of State Félix Tshisekedi, during the presentation ceremony of the results of the first survey of the BNCA at the City of the African Union.

The Head of State, on this occasion, praised the quality of the work carried out by the BNCA:

"After reviewing the results of the survey in the report that was sent to me, I noted with great attention the perception of the business framework by economic operators in their diversity and according to the indicators that were arrested”.

These economic operators denounced the obstacles to their full development as main players in the business world.

"Indeed, whether it concerns the quality of relations between the public administration and economic operators, corruption and security problems, infrastructure, legal and judicial security, the tax system and incidental taxation , access to financing for businesses,… they have laid bare the scourges that plague and eat away at our economic environment”, added Mr. Tshisekedi.

He also urged each stakeholder, in particular the sectoral ministries and other actors involved in improving the business climate in the DRC, to "play their part for a clean and attractive business environment in favor of foreign partners ".

BNCA recommendations

The National Business Climate Barometer has recommended, in particular, carrying out reforms on taxation and incidental taxation, legal and judicial security, the political environment, the management of public contracts, the quality of the administration as well as that of infrastructure. .

This synthetic report has had the merit, we note, of presenting the opinions of business leaders on the evolution of the business climate, while highlighting the factors that have most influenced the business environment. It also made it possible to formulate recommendations that could lead to the development of a roadmap for appropriate reforms.

Beyond a tool for the overall assessment of the economic ecosystem in the DRC, the BNCA is an interface between the President of the Republic and the business world, as well as a lever of action for questions and initiatives relating to improving the business climate, we recall.

From the BNCA

The National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA) in the DRC was launched on February 15, 2023 by the Business Climate Unit, a structure of the Presidency. It is a tool for promoting public-private partnership which is used to periodically assess the degree of satisfaction of economic operators with reforms and other practices related to the business environment in the DRC.

It collects data from economic operators to make proposals to improve the business climate.

The BNCA is a quantitative and quantified indicator that will measure business behavior in the DRC. It helps to unseal the difficulties that economic operators are experiencing in doing business in the DRC. This could guide the decisions of Congolese decision-makers.

This tool was set up to fill the gap left by the World Bank's Doing Business, which rated at least 180 economies to measure the facilities they offered to do business there.

The Business Climate Unit on which the BNCA depends is a technical service available to the President of the Republic whose main mission is to study, analyze, evaluate, make proposals and take charge of all questions and initiatives relating to the improvement of the economic environment and the business climate in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Courtney Franck on X, missed on tse that I recall.

Samus

Top 20

Business climate does not equal open arms to speculation!

PR Fatshi recognizes that there is corruption in the DRC which weighs down the business climate (score 37 %) , you say the opposite. The Chinese speculate in @SICOMINES, it is technically proven. Zijin has not put the money in @IvanhoeMines_ for KICO's Zin,
@Glencore did.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

DRC: "Any public official, political or administrative, is an agent of the business climate", recalls Félix Tshisekedi​

Published on Wed, 07/06/2023 - 10:30

20230607104221644532_6c0da3e03f34bbd34b843b8071171e9c.jpg

President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi during the presentation of the report of the National Business Climate Barometer on 06/06/2023.

DRC Presidency

President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi pointed out that any public official of the State, political or administrative, has an important role to play as agents of the business climate. He said this during the presentation of the report of the National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA) on June 6 in Kinshasa.

"I tell you clearly: any public official of the State, political or administrative, and at whatever level his action takes place, must be aware that he is an agent of the business climate, constantly called upon to implement the values of the principles of public service and administration. Public service in general must remain noble, qualitative and free from vice,” said Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi.

The survey of the National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA), covering four hundred and three companies in thirteen sectors of the national economy, attributed to the Democratic Republic of Congo a satisfaction rate of 37% in this sector.

“This report shows that the business climate in the DRC is improving. At this stage, the BNCA gives him a satisfaction score of 37%. This survey, which took place from January 24 to March 27, 2023, covered 403 companies in 13 sectors of the national economy, a rate of achievement never reached before”, declared the Head of State Félix Tshisekedi, during the presentation ceremony of the results of the first survey of the BNCA at the City of the African Union.

The Head of State, on this occasion, praised the quality of the work carried out by the BNCA:

"After reviewing the results of the survey in the report that was sent to me, I noted with great attention the perception of the business framework by economic operators in their diversity and according to the indicators that were arrested”.

These economic operators denounced the obstacles to their full development as main players in the business world.

"Indeed, whether it concerns the quality of relations between the public administration and economic operators, corruption and security problems, infrastructure, legal and judicial security, the tax system and incidental taxation , access to financing for businesses,… they have laid bare the scourges that plague and eat away at our economic environment”, added Mr. Tshisekedi.

He also urged each stakeholder, in particular the sectoral ministries and other actors involved in improving the business climate in the DRC, to "play their part for a clean and attractive business environment in favor of foreign partners ".

BNCA recommendations

The National Business Climate Barometer has recommended, in particular, carrying out reforms on taxation and incidental taxation, legal and judicial security, the political environment, the management of public contracts, the quality of the administration as well as that of infrastructure. .

This synthetic report has had the merit, we note, of presenting the opinions of business leaders on the evolution of the business climate, while highlighting the factors that have most influenced the business environment. It also made it possible to formulate recommendations that could lead to the development of a roadmap for appropriate reforms.

Beyond a tool for the overall assessment of the economic ecosystem in the DRC, the BNCA is an interface between the President of the Republic and the business world, as well as a lever of action for questions and initiatives relating to improving the business climate, we recall.

From the BNCA

The National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA) in the DRC was launched on February 15, 2023 by the Business Climate Unit, a structure of the Presidency. It is a tool for promoting public-private partnership which is used to periodically assess the degree of satisfaction of economic operators with reforms and other practices related to the business environment in the DRC.

It collects data from economic operators to make proposals to improve the business climate.

The BNCA is a quantitative and quantified indicator that will measure business behavior in the DRC. It helps to unseal the difficulties that economic operators are experiencing in doing business in the DRC. This could guide the decisions of Congolese decision-makers.

This tool was set up to fill the gap left by the World Bank's Doing Business, which rated at least 180 economies to measure the facilities they offered to do business there.

The Business Climate Unit on which the BNCA depends is a technical service available to the President of the Republic whose main mission is to study, analyze, evaluate, make proposals and take charge of all questions and initiatives relating to the improvement of the economic environment and the business climate in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Courtney Franck on X, missed on tse that I recall.
And you can tell by the speedy resolution to the malfeasance that prevented the issuance of Manono Lease that he’s serious.

Wait, what?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Business climate does not equal open arms to speculation!
Says the guy that took a personal bribe from Zijin to try and sell a state asset BELOW MARKET VALUE that would have resulted in a loss of revenue of $120m USD for the people of the DRC lmao
20230814_185106.jpg

20230814_185044.jpg

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 22 users

TDITD

Top 20
Sad that shameful clown is still embarrassing himself.

Reactions: 6 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
sad we're still in this fucked up never fucking ending suspension....

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
"Lithium only deposit"

Everyone forgets the tin, never forget the tin.
Great to see you back Dan!

One pain in the arse moment for me with AVZ and Manono (one of fucking many) is I'm not sure Tin or Cassiterite are part of PR 13359????

I don't know for sure

Is the portal accurate?????....who fucking knows

1692008954105.png

Would love someone smarter than me to set me straight

I'm hoping for something better that what's listed on the portal

Over to anyone....

• Fire
  • Love

Azzler

Top 20

One pain in the arse moment for me with AVZ and Manono (one of fucking many) is I'm not sure Tin or Cassiterite are part of PR 13359????

I don't know for sure

View attachment 41991

Over to anyone....
I have to say mate, with the stakes currently on the line... I know it's important, but ...
Who
the fuck
cares about the tin right now?

• Haha
  • Thinking

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Carlos I’m not 100% sure, but I thought I read a long time ago that it is the State owned entity in a joint venture in the DRC that had to cede the 10% to the State.

I might be wrong but I thought it was in one of the pieces of information on mining I put on the DRC MINING LEGISLATION thread

There is six pages of information there now so I don’t blame you or anyone else for not looking there, and I reckon is that it’s a job for Christian Lukusa
Maybe it's in the mining code AND appropriately reflected in the Dathcom JVA??? :unsure:

Reactions: 2 users

I don't know for sure

View attachment 41991

Over to anyone....

It used to be a tin mine Nuts so there’s no obvious reason it can’t be added…. By the way, you made a spelling error 🤣🤣😉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Azzler

Top 20
I have to say mate, with the stakes currently on the line... I know it's important, but ...
Who
the fuck
Sorry, what I meant to say was...
I think there are more pressing concerns right now :)

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Who
the fuck
Just responding to another post

Obviously some care about the tin in the overall equation ...including myself

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe it's in the mining code AND appropriately reflected in the Dathcom JVA??? :unsure:

I tried reading the 2018 Mining Code that our good mate @Mr Inappropriate provided and that wasn’t where I thought I originally saw it, but I’m not going to waste my time reading it again. Like I said before, that’s a job for Christian Lukusa

Winenut

Go AVZ!
It used to be a tin mine Nuts so there’s no obvious reason it can’t be added…. By the way, you made a spelling error 🤣🤣😉
Okay Bags...you get the tin/cassiterite added into PR 13359 on the portal......

I'll be very happy with that!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

wombat74

Top 20
According to Marius Mihigo after CKK sh1t canned him in that interview many months ago now , according to Marius Mihigo CKK would be handing in his resignation shortly there after . Instead CKK has just been promoted . WTF !!!!!!!!!! $1 Millions dollars for what ? All talk no action ? All Bravado All BS ?

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Okay Bags...you get the tin/cassiterite added into PR 13359 on the portal......

I'll be very happy with that!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You’d wanna be happy with that
👊💥

Last edited:
  • Haha
Top Bottom