AVZ Discussion 2022

pow4ade

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Samus

Top 20
Jack Black Yes GIF

So i think we‘re all on the same page - 10% of this issued capital of Dathcom has to be ceded to the DRC government by Cominere.

Can someone tell Celestin?
Tried that, what's next? :unsure:

Production work will now begin!

Yes because now that you have recovered 10% of Dathcom you will have to give it to the government!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
View attachment 42006
Wasnt it August 2020 we were about 6 weeks away from a ML or was it 2021
View attachment 42007
May 2021. Licence to be expedited by the DRC government so we can maintain schedule to deliver first SC6 on train by Q1 2023. From memory Nigel made his 6 weeks comment in an interview around the time of this announcement.
20230814_231048.jpg

jericho-a-little-bit-of-the-bubbly-wine.gif

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users
The ceding provision was originally 5% under the 2002 Code, amended to 10 % in the 2018 updated Code:

The 2002 Mining Code included a requirement for 5 per cent State ownership in all mining companies awarded a mining licence, which has been doubled to 10 per cent. As before, the State share is free-carried and non-dilutable.3

The State interest has also been clarified in the context of a transfer of a mining right, with an explicit right of the State to a minimum 10 per cent free-carried interest in the acquiring company.4

Upon each renewal of a mining licence, the State will be entitled to an additional 5 per cent interest in the holder of the right, in addition to its existing shareholding.5

https://www.herbertsmithfreehills.c...cratic-republic-of-congos-revised-mining-code
This strengthens my argument that the writing of Article 5.1 (i) of the Dathcom JVA was done that way in case of a change in the mining code of the % required by the applicant to cede to the DRC government

The Dathcom JVA was signed in 2017 when the amount was 5%. If the JVA had of specified 5% instead of assigning Cominiere the responsibility of transferring 'part' of their holding they would have only been legally responsible for 5% when the mining code changed it to 10% in 2018 and the other 5% would need to be pro rata.

As much as it pains me to say it the structuring of this clause was quite clever by Klaus

Reactions: 6 users

Samus

Top 20
This strengthens my argument that the writing of Article 5.1 (i) of the Dathcom JVA was done that way in case of a change in the mining code of the % required by the applicant to cede to the DRC government

The Dathcom JVA was signed in 2017 when the amount was 5%. If the JVA had of specified 5% instead of assigning Cominiere the responsibility of transferring 'part' of their holding they would have only been legally responsible for 5% when the mining code changed it to 10% in 2018 and the other 5% would need to be pro rata.

As much as it pains me to say it the structuring of this clause was quite clever by Klaus
I'm sure it was a lawyer, not Klaus.
He'd have been busy smoking bongs and playing with floaters in the pool.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Jack Black Yes GIF

So i think we‘re all on the same page - 10% of this issued capital of Dathcom has to be ceded to the DRC government by Cominere.

Can someone tell Celestin?

1692021656066.png

nah...it's required from "Cominiere" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fuck I wish this shit was all over...:rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Fire

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Hemicuda

Regular
I swear I hear sonny and Cher playing every fucking day,,,,

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Dazmac66

Regular
I am still trying to process the permanent appointment of snake head at a Cominiere in spite of the mountain of proof that he is utterly corrupt. WTF! It is frustrating for us holders but can you imagine the bewilderment of our hierarchy trying to sort this shit out, they must be bordering on insanity. It looks to me like we are going to ICC without any agreement or intervention from the fat boy with the Rolex.
I have my receipts so is there any chance I can have my coins back and you won't hear from me again. If I knew how I would post Chevy Chase praying to sweet baby Jesus!

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

JasonM

Regular
Hi Ashlee, what is the context of your post? it seems to be a random drop of a gif of this forum and cant quite understand what you're getting at?

having said that, the fact that this conference is coming up where avz remains the major sponsor and we also have the africa downunder conference early september where mom is one of the talkers plus some of the positive government moves on cami, gives me some hope that the talk of august being the month for things to get done might actually be true. Not sure what to make of comminere but hopefully they've been ring fenced and the politics still need to play out on that one. If we get to the end of august and nothing has been announced and/or avz drops out of the conference or mom drops out, I'd say thats a good signal that things are indeed going pear shaped and we're off to the courts and a good 5yr wait to see our money. I have zero whispers and my labrador says fuck all to me other than feed me but there is a body of evidence that something maybe happening soon, maybe thats what you're getting at. I live on in hope until end of august at least.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20
May 2021. Licence to be expedited by the DRC government so we can maintain schedule to deliver first SC6 on train by Q1 2023. From memory Nigel made his 6 weeks comment in an interview around the time of this announcement.
View attachment 42008
View attachment 42011
'WE EXPECT' granting of the ML to be expedited . Was there ever confirmation from the DRC gov or was it just Nigel's expectation ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

j.l

Regular
Hi Ashlee, what is the context of your post? it seems to be a random drop of a gif of this forum and cant quite understand what you're getting at?

having said that, the fact that this conference is coming up where avz remains the major sponsor and we also have the africa downunder conference early september where mom is one of the talkers plus some of the positive government moves on cami, gives me some hope that the talk of august being the month for things to get done might actually be true. Not sure what to make of comminere but hopefully they've been ring fenced and the politics still need to play out on that one. If we get to the end of august and nothing has been announced and/or avz drops out of the conference or mom drops out, I'd say thats a good signal that things are indeed going pear shaped and we're off to the courts and a good 5yr wait to see our money. I have zero whispers and my labrador says fuck all to me other than feed me but there is a body of evidence that something maybe happening soon, maybe thats what you're getting at. I live on in hope until end of august at least.
Probably worth factoring in a couple of extensions to "living in hope", just for the sake of whatever sanity you have left.

As Budha said, "you can only lose what you cling to". Not sure if he did much investment in the junior miners space though. Not tax advice either.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
'WE EXPECT' granting of the ML to be expedited . Was there ever confirmation from the DRC gov or was it just Nigel's expectation ?
You of all people know the answer to that lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Dw, this is the week kings. Settle down

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Azzler

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

BEISHA

Top 20

DRC: "Any public official, political or administrative, is an agent of the business climate", recalls Félix Tshisekedi​

Published on Wed, 07/06/2023 - 10:30

20230607104221644532_6c0da3e03f34bbd34b843b8071171e9c.jpg

President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi during the presentation of the report of the National Business Climate Barometer on 06/06/2023.

DRC Presidency

President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi pointed out that any public official of the State, political or administrative, has an important role to play as agents of the business climate. He said this during the presentation of the report of the National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA) on June 6 in Kinshasa.

"I tell you clearly: any public official of the State, political or administrative, and at whatever level his action takes place, must be aware that he is an agent of the business climate, constantly called upon to implement the values of the principles of public service and administration. Public service in general must remain noble, qualitative and free from vice,” said Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi.

The survey of the National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA), covering four hundred and three companies in thirteen sectors of the national economy, attributed to the Democratic Republic of Congo a satisfaction rate of 37% in this sector.

“This report shows that the business climate in the DRC is improving. At this stage, the BNCA gives him a satisfaction score of 37%. This survey, which took place from January 24 to March 27, 2023, covered 403 companies in 13 sectors of the national economy, a rate of achievement never reached before”, declared the Head of State Félix Tshisekedi, during the presentation ceremony of the results of the first survey of the BNCA at the City of the African Union.

The Head of State, on this occasion, praised the quality of the work carried out by the BNCA:

"After reviewing the results of the survey in the report that was sent to me, I noted with great attention the perception of the business framework by economic operators in their diversity and according to the indicators that were arrested”.

These economic operators denounced the obstacles to their full development as main players in the business world.

"Indeed, whether it concerns the quality of relations between the public administration and economic operators, corruption and security problems, infrastructure, legal and judicial security, the tax system and incidental taxation , access to financing for businesses,… they have laid bare the scourges that plague and eat away at our economic environment”, added Mr. Tshisekedi.

He also urged each stakeholder, in particular the sectoral ministries and other actors involved in improving the business climate in the DRC, to "play their part for a clean and attractive business environment in favor of foreign partners ".

BNCA recommendations

The National Business Climate Barometer has recommended, in particular, carrying out reforms on taxation and incidental taxation, legal and judicial security, the political environment, the management of public contracts, the quality of the administration as well as that of infrastructure. .

This synthetic report has had the merit, we note, of presenting the opinions of business leaders on the evolution of the business climate, while highlighting the factors that have most influenced the business environment. It also made it possible to formulate recommendations that could lead to the development of a roadmap for appropriate reforms.

Beyond a tool for the overall assessment of the economic ecosystem in the DRC, the BNCA is an interface between the President of the Republic and the business world, as well as a lever of action for questions and initiatives relating to improving the business climate, we recall.

From the BNCA

The National Business Climate Barometer (BNCA) in the DRC was launched on February 15, 2023 by the Business Climate Unit, a structure of the Presidency. It is a tool for promoting public-private partnership which is used to periodically assess the degree of satisfaction of economic operators with reforms and other practices related to the business environment in the DRC.

It collects data from economic operators to make proposals to improve the business climate.

The BNCA is a quantitative and quantified indicator that will measure business behavior in the DRC. It helps to unseal the difficulties that economic operators are experiencing in doing business in the DRC. This could guide the decisions of Congolese decision-makers.

This tool was set up to fill the gap left by the World Bank's Doing Business, which rated at least 180 economies to measure the facilities they offered to do business there.

The Business Climate Unit on which the BNCA depends is a technical service available to the President of the Republic whose main mission is to study, analyze, evaluate, make proposals and take charge of all questions and initiatives relating to the improvement of the economic environment and the business climate in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Courtney Franck on X, missed on tse that I recall.
Good ole FT certainly says all the right things......:unsure:

He also urged each stakeholder, in particular the sectoral ministries and other actors involved in improving the business climate in the DRC, to "play their part for a clean and attractive business environment in favor of foreign partners ".

Surely that statement above, bodes well for AVZ resolution, otherwise........

egg on face.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I have to say mate, with the stakes currently on the line... I know it's important, but ...
Who
the fuck
cares about the tin right now?
I do.

Its a package deal ( lithium / Tin ) and its lucrative, plus we have a offtaker KALON RESOURCES waiting in the wings who is probably just as frustrated as the LTH in this ridiculous 16 month suspension.......:mad::mad::mad::cautious::poop:

Reactions: 21 users

BEISHA

Top 20
View attachment 42008
View attachment 42011
You are the veritable encyclopedia, but not sure the "bubbly " gif is appropriate......yet.

This is the status quo I believe........:unsure:

mad-fuck.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Azzler

Top 20
I do.

Its a package deal ( lithium / Tin ) and its lucrative, plus we have a offtaker KALON RESOURCES waiting in the wings who is probably just as frustrated as the LTH in this ridiculous 16 month suspension.......:mad::mad::mad::cautious::poop:
Yeah I know.
Hey I'd completely forgotten we had that Tin offtake in place.

oxxa23

Regular
I am still trying to process the permanent appointment of snake head at a Cominiere in spite of the mountain of proof that he is utterly corrupt. WTF! It is frustrating for us holders but can you imagine the bewilderment of our hierarchy trying to sort this shit out, they must be bordering on insanity. It looks to me like we are going to ICC without any agreement or intervention from the fat boy with the Rolex.
I have my receipts so is there any chance I can have my coins back and you won't hear from me again. If I knew how I would post Chevy Chase praying to sweet baby Jesus!
dazza, pretty sure a lot of these events are now just for a better movie plot... mind you, don't reckon half the people could even think of the shit that keeps going down...

hopefully all in check and the govt get to enforce the ceding of 10%...

keep on strong people

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom