AVZ Discussion 2022

Azzler

Top 20

New Management at Cominiere, however CKK remains...
Crazy and unfortunate.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Charbella

Regular

Attachments

• D4D2DB6A-9865-4E5E-8835-B9801C5D7C2C.png
    D4D2DB6A-9865-4E5E-8835-B9801C5D7C2C.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Samus

Top 20
Some sick joke? I am out of words.
Let's hope they all get thrown under the bus together.
Or they've been pushed into an obscure obsolete company after the 10% in Dathcom is ceded.
At least this way the competition has no hope in hell of proceeding without numerous scandals and delays. :ROFLMAO:
The mind boggles 😕

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Azzler

Top 20
Kabamba Lisette

It's Kabamba, NOT Kabanga.
Kabanga was the Zijin facilitator.
This Lisette is Kabamba

Reactions: 7 users

Roon

Regular
Kabamba Lisette

This Lisette is Kabamba
There's often letters that can be swapped out for each other in some names, ive seen that before in DRC and elsewhere, so it could well be the same person. However I've tweeted to Frank Fwamba to confirm one way or the other - will revert if/when there's a response

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Charbella

Regular
Kabamba Lisette

This Lisette is Kabamba
Can Franck clarify? The video called out “Madame Kabanga Tshibwabwa Lisette.”

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

timb89

Regular

New Management at Cominiere, however CKK remains...
Crazy and unfortunate.

There is a fucking audio recording of CKK accepting a bribe from Zijin and he keeps his job. This after the MoP kept her job despite the IGF report specifically naming her as being involved in corruption. The DRC will never be a serious country.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 24 users

Charbella

Regular
There's often letters that can be swapped out for each other in some names, ive seen that before in DRC and elsewhere, so it could well be the same person. However I've tweeted to Frank Fwamba to confirm one way or the other - will revert if/when there's a response
Whilst you are at it, maybe ask what is Lisette’s credential to chair a mining company?😂

Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
Whilst you are at it, maybe ask what is Lisette’s credential to chair a mining company?😂
A mining company?
It's an embezzlement operation, she's highly qualified! :ROFLMAO:

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

Roon

Regular
Good question! Seems facilitating Zijin's illegal entry into Dathcom is proof enough of competence, somehow! And getting caught on a recording taking a bribe from Zijin is good enough to cement CKK into the top job. What's the government thinking?

How on earth could we get Cominiere to cede 10% of their holding to the government with CKK at the helm, when they've proven their previous willingness to ignore the JVA before without issue, and with the BOD (that would be required to approve any transfer of those shares) now seemingly in control of someone who's already sold her soul to Zijin for 1.6m USD?

We really need a solution to this impasse that completely sidelines Cominiere, i.e. one that is implemented and enforced from the top down - ideally at presidential level.

...Or a takeover. Bring out the big bucks!

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Of course, these people could simply be accepting the poison chalice, and will be the fall guy(s) in the forthcoming ICC cases, and/or any local DRC witch-hunts

just putting it out there, but yeah, on the surface this is a fucking terrible optic

btw, if you search for Kabamba Lisette, you find a trainee lawyer

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

Azzler

Top 20
Good question! Seems facilitating Zijin's illegal entry into Dathcom is proof enough of competence, somehow! And getting caught on a recording taking a bribe from Zijin is good enough to cement CKK into the top job. What's the government thinking?

How on earth could we get Cominiere to cede 10% of their holding to the government with CKK at the helm, when they've proven their previous willingness to ignore the JVA before without issue, and with the BOD (that would be required to approve any transfer of those shares) now seemingly in control of someone who's already sold her soul to Zijin for 1.6m USD?

We really need a solution to this impasse that completely sidelines Cominiere, i.e. one that is implemented and enforced from the top down - ideally at presidential level.

...Or a takeover. Bring out the big bucks!
I think what you're saying is extremerly presumptuous, calling this a very bad day for AVZ on the crapper too.
I don't like it, but there's no info that what you're saying is a thing.

I don't believe they hold any power at all with the 10%, It's more likely the DRC will take it without having to ask. They don't physically hold anything that needs to be wrestled away.
According to the legaly binding contract, the DRC Government will simply get it as a result of the transfer of licence.
Cominiere would have to begin legal proceedings to prevent the government taking the 10%, and they would have to have a very good argument for those proceedings to put a hold on the transfer pending a case.
If they even went that far, they would certainly lose their jobs. The government want this mine going ahead.

Besides, I think we've had to give the government some of our share to get a deal across the line.

I have to say Roon, and I don't meant to start anything, but I find you very quick to call this a disaster, I might even call it enthusiastic.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Following this YouTube interview on JMK Today on 17/03/2023 with Celestin Kibeya Kabemba (the acting Managing Director of Cominiere)....

@Roon made the following observation:

He's been deeply involved in the corrupt dealings impacting Dathcom. Prior to his role as acting MD given the detainment of his predecessor KIBEYA was Cominiere's Technical Director / Chief Operating Officer.

Documentation presented by journalists and civil society actors in 2022 *including minutes of Cominiere board meetings* showed he was one of those involved in orchestrating the Zijin theft of the 15%, for which the deposit has disappeared into various pockets. its believed he was behind the two mysteriously identical yet allegedly independent valuations of the 15% supporting that looting effort by providing documentation undervaluing that in comparison to the DFS data. He's also thought to have existing relations with Zijin through previous links with Kamoa Copper which no doubt helped facilitate their entry into this game - so he should be considered one of the architects of our drama along with the other two Cominiere officials, DG Cami, MOP, etc.

He's also faced accusations over corruption with relation to the United Cominiere / Tantalex case with Eric Allard, with his signature co-signing against various dodgy deeds. Along with other various scandals.

There’s plenty of evidence to support a burning. Various actors in DRC attempted to have him implicated and imprisoned alongside his Cominiere colleagues regarding the irregular transfer to Zijin without success.

Then this link was provided by @Bin59

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Roon

Regular
I think what you're saying is extremerly presumptuous, calling this a very bad day for AVZ on the crapper too.
I don't like it, but there's no info that what you're saying is a thing.

I don't believe they hold any power at all with the 10%, It's more likely the DRC will take it without having to ask. They don't physically hold anything that needs to be wrestled away.
According to the legaly binding contract, the DRC Government will simply get it as a result of the transfer of licence.
Cominiere would have to begin legal proceedings to prevent the government taking the 10%, and they would have to have a very good argument for those proceedings to put a hold on the transfer pending a case.
If they even went that far, they would certainly lose their jobs. The government want this mine going ahead.

Besides, I think we've had to give the government some of our share to get a deal across the line.

I have to say Roon, and I don't meant to start anything, but I find you very quick to call this a disaster, I might even call it enthusiastic.
Yes yes, we've established that you think I have an agenda to promote the negative. I think we can move on from that, people either believe it or they dont. I keep track of the daily news and comment on the the positive - like JFMK's departure, and the negative - like today. Can perhaps call off the witch hunt.

If you don't see a potential issue from our enemies cementing power over Cominiere as a thing that could cause us further challenges, then that's up to you.

Cominiere already ignored a legally binding contract, namely our JVA, to transfer the 15% to Zijin. It's not a stretch to consider that they might attempt to again ignore this contract. But yes I agree it could be settled from DRC Government action - likely at the MOM level or above, if it gets to that.

I don't say that this is a necessarily a disaster, but I do believe that it's bad news that we did not need.

Hopefully its a poisoned chalice as Xerof states, or that they can be sidelined in any deal achieved from government.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
@Mr Inappropriate
As far as Lisette Kabamba / Kabanga.

I’ll have a look at my old notes on Kabanga and see what I can find…. Yep, it looks like the same person to me

IMG_5342.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Azzler

Top 20
Yes yes, we've established that you think I have an agenda to promote the negative. I think we can move on from that, people either believe it or they dont. I keep track of the daily news and comment on the the positive - like JFMK's departure, and the negative - like today. Can perhaps call off the witch hunt.

If you don't see a potential issue from our enemies cementing power over Cominiere as a thing that could cause us further challenges, then that's up to you.

Cominiere already ignored a legally binding contract, namely our JVA, to transfer the 15% to Zijin. It's not a stretch to consider that they might attempt to again ignore this contract. But yes I agree it could be settled from DRC Government action - likely at the MOM level or above, if it gets to that.

I don't say that this is a necessarily a disaster, but I do believe that it's bad news that we did not need.

Hopefully its a poisoned chalice as Xerof states, or that they can be sidelined in any deal achieved from government.
Yes but you're making the statement that it's all now an an impass and we can't move forward.
There's nothing to support that statement and it seems an eger over reach, which is a bit sus that's all.

Anyway I'm fairly certain that a resolution has been already reached and none of this matters anymore.
I think we'll hear about it very soon.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom